YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (Read 778380 times)

Started by REDHOT, September 08, 2016, 04:02:55 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (Omega Red v1 released!)
#261  September 23, 2017, 08:44:32 pm
Yes Taskmaster by Rojin70
#262  September 24, 2017, 04:18:22 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#263  September 24, 2017, 04:56:02 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I know hawkeye and modok have been made in mugen but Im not sure how good there sprite are
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#264  September 24, 2017, 07:26:22 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I wish that version of firebrand was in mugen
I need more PSN friends

lui

#265  September 24, 2017, 08:08:42 pm
    • USA
Modok and Hawkeye have indeed been sprited. Their sprites are actually pretty decent.

That taskmaster is actually pretty good as well, yeah it has cap as a base but it's used in good fashion.

Nemesis, frank west, Jean Grey (in her 90's outfit which would fit the project alot), Deadpool, Thor, Chris redfield and doctor strange have been made. Although doctor strange is pretty crappy tbh everyone else has good sprites to work with.

Dormammu is also being sprited by gladiacloud.

Don't forget that gladiacloud also made the mvc1 strikers as full characters!
#266  September 24, 2017, 08:15:43 pm
Modok and Hawkeye have indeed been sprited. Their sprites are actually pretty decent.

Don't forget that gladiacloud also made the mvc1 strikers as full characters!

Except Unknown Soldier and Lou. Although already Lou was being before Gladiacloud made the gals. Devilotte as we all know only made for the fullgame in Capcom Universe. Also there's no Unknown Soldier at this point, well only made by Mazemerald. But that's not a good version.
#267  September 24, 2017, 08:26:22 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
That taskmaster is actually pretty good as well, yeah it has cap as a base but it's used in good fashion.

Considering 90% of taskmaster's animations are straight up edits from other chars and his model really resembles captain ameria's.. I think in this case he should be an edit.
#268  September 24, 2017, 08:33:02 pm

Considering 90% of taskmaster's animations are straight up edits from other chars and his model really resembles captain ameria's.. I think in this case he should be an edit.

All the special partners chars of Gladiacloud are 100% original made without using any reference of any char pose. Wish these chars were in MVC2 and replace Clawbone Wolverine.
Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:12:48 pm by GTAguy

lui

#269  September 24, 2017, 09:04:48 pm
    • USA
Taskmaster wasn't made by gladiacloud.

And yes I know task uses anims from cap but they're atleast not extremely jarring. Task's launcher is also ripped from cap which helps as well
#270  September 24, 2017, 09:14:56 pm

And yes I know task uses anims from cap but they're atleast not extremely jarring. Task's launcher is also ripped from cap which helps as well

My bad. What I meant to is 'All the 'special partners' chars of Gladiacloud are 100% original made without using any reference of any char pose.' Taskmaster wasn't even in the game before MVC3 came.
#271  September 24, 2017, 09:16:27 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Are any of the artists who designed the sprites quoted in RedHot's post still active?

As for Omega Red's MVC moveset, the Flail Smash (second Coil Throw) can only be cancelled into after a Down-Back, Down, or Down-Forward throw. This is based on personal experience playing the officials from MVC2 and MSHvSF.
#272  September 24, 2017, 09:19:21 pm
    • Mexico
In all fairness with Taskmaster, he's known for being a copycat character.
I mean, his launcher is an imitation of Cap's Stars & Stripes, his throw is the same as Ryu just with an added gun shot to it, he has his own versions of the Charging Star and the Web Swing. Even his stance is a copy of Captain America's.
#273  September 24, 2017, 09:31:40 pm
    • USA
I have a question Redhot in Regards of if you plan on doing Zangief. Are you gonna use Kamekaze, Aku Ma's Character Codes?
#274  September 24, 2017, 09:48:05 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

I was talking about mvc3.

His model and anims are literally taken from other chars. (ryu, Captain American's model, Spider-man.)

#275  September 24, 2017, 10:34:13 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

My bad. What I meant to is 'All the 'special partners' chars of Gladiacloud are 100% original made without using any reference of any char pose.' Taskmaster wasn't even in the game before MVC3 came.

Exactly.
Gladiacloud´s characters is an excelent example of that I want.. his Arthur for example.
Anyway the idea could be alive... I don´t know if I´m a good spriter cause I never tried it before.
But if I want to create/edit a MvC3 character I only want that all his moves/specials/hypers will be like in MvC3 but in 2D (and obviusly in MvC/MvC2 System).. deadpool is a little close for that I want, but only that.

Are any of the artists who designed the sprites quoted in RedHot's post still active?

As for Omega Red's MVC moveset, the Flail Smash (second Coil Throw) can only be cancelled into after a Down-Back, Down, or Down-Forward throw. This is based on personal experience playing the officials from MVC2 and MSHvSF.

The spriter who did those sprites only did 1 sprite for character, nothing more... I knew his name but I forgot it right now.
As for Omera Red, all the flail smash need more work (that code is a pain in the ass).

I have a question Redhot in Regards of if you plan on doing Zangief. Are you gonna use Kamekaze, Aku Ma's Character Codes?

Zangief is in MvC2, so yes.
I´m gonna use One Winged Angel´s Zangief, his Mech Zangief transformation is perfect to the "Metal hit code" that I codify since Tron Bonne.
Besides, all his moves it´s codify well.

Follow the project on:

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
#276  September 24, 2017, 11:07:33 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
As for Omera Red, all the flail smash need more work (that code is a pain in the ass).

I know you want to make Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as faithful to the original version as possible, but have you considered applying alterations to some of the commands for simplicity? For example, in my Marvel & Capcom vs. Pokemon fan game, I plan to revise Omega's coil mechanics so that you only need the joystick to achieve a double throw. While I've never played MUGEN in my life (famous last words), the execution timing for a double Flail Smash even in the official versions is a nightmare.
#277  September 25, 2017, 02:24:27 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

I know you want to make Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as faithful to the original version as possible, but have you considered applying alterations to some of the commands for simplicity? For example, in my Marvel & Capcom vs. Pokemon fan game, I plan to revise Omega's coil mechanics so that you only need the joystick to achieve a double throw. While I've never played MUGEN in my life (famous last words), the execution timing for a double Flail Smash even in the official versions is a nightmare.

I´ll consider it that a possibility!
Even the recovery roll it´s a nightmare to ejecute it in MvC2

Follow the project on:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (B.B.Hood v1 released!)
#278  October 08, 2017, 09:07:13 pm
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina

Teaser Gameplay Video!

Hi! B.B.Hood is released today!.
With the Original MvC2 1vs1 gameplay (as faithfull as possible) - 6 button gameplay edition.

MUGEN vertion: 1.0 and 1.1

The original author is Beximus, with a first edition by DarkWolf13 for his own project, and this edition that I made, is made with a lot of effort to try to improve B.B.Hood in MvC2 gameplay, this character was not worsened to offend the great work of the original author or the first editor..

Download in the project web page!:

http://marvelvscapcom2mugen.esy.es/

Also, updated link for Spider-man, Ken & Sonson

What was edited?:

- Metal hit
- HD Special Hits
- Better sounds using movehitreset.
- No tag system
- Dog states
- Hitdef, anims, and some codes in all normal moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef, anims, and some codes in all special moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible)
- Hitdef, anims, and some codes in all hyper moves (to an original MvC2 gameplay as faithfull as possible).
- Advanced guard FX
- System messages
- Throws
- Combos
- Common cns
- Dash fwd and backward FX and codes
- State hits
- hits and guards fx
- Hit in fall
- Hit in dash
- Hyper BG
- Hyper Combo Finish
- Hyper sounds
- Intro
- Launching
- Lie down time
- Portaits
- p1 and p2 icon
- Palettes
- Recovery Roll
- Scale character
- Super jump FX and code
- Taunt loop
- Velocity data
- Volume
- Wall hit, FX and sound
- Wins
- Dizzy
- Yacell
- Commands
- Vertical Spinning
- Run jump
- Special dust effects
- Anims times
- Damage
- Negative Edge
- Recoveries anims

Things to perfect:

- System message in beautiful memory & Hyper apple for you
- Ground Cornerpush in SHK, CHK & Fire upward/Horizontal
- Check hypers
- butterflies in crouch animation
- Check recovery roll command
- Air combo camera
- Put fire hit effects
- Tech-hit
- Damage dampener
- A.I
- CLSN boxes
- Air Dizzy
.....and more things in my list

Credits:

- Beximus (Original author and various original codes of this character)
- DarkWolf13, walruslui and ExShadow (First edit, various original codes of this character, Hyper Ports, and Common1 codes)
- Mouser (Some original MvC2 system codes of this character)
- FerchogtX (Some MvC2 FX and sounds)
- Violin Ken (Negative edge command)
- Preppy (Hyper Combo Finish BG, sounds and Portaits images)

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!

Follow the project on:

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (B.B.Hood v1 released!)
#279  October 09, 2017, 09:48:20 pm

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters project (B.B.Hood v1 released!)
#280  October 10, 2017, 03:08:37 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
Yes Taskmaster by Rojin70

I see it very similar to the capitan america.
The only thing that I got is this, something that seems original and really made by CAPCOM.. but well, there are more than 400 sprites each  :jackie: :

wow who made these sprites? are these going to be actual characters in the future?

Steamboy33:
https://steamboy33.deviantart.com/gallery/37774348/MvC3-Sprites

and I don´t think that someday I will do a MvC3 character.. without all the sprites it´s impossible.. maybe Hsien-ko, but right now I´m very focus in this project.

Follow the project on: