YesNoOk

MY MUGEN ACHIEVEMENT (Read 6651 times)

Started by Skyro, June 02, 2020, 02:07:33 pm
MY MUGEN ACHIEVEMENT
#1  June 02, 2020, 02:07:33 pm
    • Cameroon
Hello I will soon create my mugen and access to the game (download) will be free in accordance with the license of elecbyte. However, I intended to upload a demo version with few characters, giving people the opportunity to buy the other characters from me if they like the game and to integrate them into their game. How can I do that?
Re: MY MUGEN ACHIEVEMENT
#2  June 02, 2020, 02:12:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you cant.

btw this isnt a project this is just someone asking people how they can monetize this.
#3  June 02, 2020, 02:36:20 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wait, this kind of people who make payed mugen content still exist ?
Actually, there is few around...  --;

But of course, you should never do that.
Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:15:01 pm by Nedflandeurse
#4  June 02, 2020, 02:51:50 pm
  • Indeed
How can I do that?

Develop your own engine, make the demo with that engine, and create your own original characters. Then, you can think about making someone pay for characters.
#5  June 02, 2020, 04:00:35 pm
    • Cameroon
If I understand correctly it is impossible for me to earn a profit in any way from my mugen? All this time sacrificed to complete my game will bring me nothing?
#6  June 02, 2020, 04:23:50 pm
  • Indeed
Yes.

http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/readme.txt

This license is subject to the following restrictions:
1. The M.U.G.E.N Environment is copyrighted by Elecbyte and may not
be used for commercial purposes in whole or in part, altered or
unaltered, without Elecbyte's express written permission.

The only thing you can do, if you're making a game with completely original content, you can distribute your game and content for free and put a donation button in your website (for example Andres Borghi did it for his game The Black Heart, but the site is inactive now).

But your game must be 100% original (this includes characters, stages, sprites and music), or you will be infringing copyright. So no Ryus, no Sub-Zeroes, no Wolverines.
Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:31:19 pm by Ziltoid
#7  June 02, 2020, 04:27:35 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If your intent is making money a free distribution engine without commercial license isnt for you.  Search elsewhere.
#8  June 02, 2020, 05:52:56 pm
If you used other creators chars as  a base to make yours its still a dick move to sell their code when they have released it for free and I can tell you no one is gonna support you for that.
#9  June 02, 2020, 08:18:16 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
If I understand correctly it is impossible for me to earn a profit in any way from my mugen? All this time sacrificed to complete my game will bring me nothing?

It'll bring you the satisfaction of having developed a game and all that entails. It's not going to line your pockets.