YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2271624 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#921  July 24, 2013, 01:09:11 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
 J-Grug what on earth are you talking about

Im oppsed to dark samus just because it's another samus. Visual variety is also a factor.
They look about as similar as... I dunno, Marth and Ike. It's not a palette swap; there are very big differences, for both the immature Prime 2 incarnation and the fully-formed Prime 3 variation.

Uh-huh...
Dark Samus has many, many more abilities than just the ones cherry picked that are similar ones to Samus's. So much so that it qualifies as a different powerset. Clones, Phazon pillars, shotgun beams, Phazon traps, dive bombs, etc.

Super missiles are obviously completely different from normal missiles, GAWD. They are like, super.
Samus already has Super Missiles!

That's not even a remotely fair comparison.  Never in any game Wario has been has he had a power set that was identical to Mario's. 
Neither has Dark Samus. That would be, again, the SA-X.
#922  July 24, 2013, 01:13:06 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Just make Anthony Higgs playable like I said. BAM. Million seller right the fuck there.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#923  July 24, 2013, 01:14:01 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
They look about as similar as... I dunno, Marth and Ike. It's not a palette swap; there are very big differences, for both the immature Prime 2 incarnation and the fully-formed Prime 3 variation.
There really is not a "big difference". On a glance they look pretty much the same despite the colours. Marth and Ike comparison is pretty good actually since if you make them stand next to Samus and Ridley, the latter is much more visually interesting and distinctive.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#924  July 24, 2013, 01:16:19 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Just make Anthony Higgs playable like I said. BAM. Million seller right the fuck there.

^ I stand corrected.  Generic Identically-Armored Space Marine Number Eleventy Hyperbolillion would, in fact, be less interesting than Dark Samus.
#925  July 24, 2013, 01:16:25 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Well for starters, Ike is not literally an evil being taking the guise of Marth with no real character, personality or lasting appeal
#926  July 24, 2013, 01:19:12 am
    • USA
I think we all want someone but we're all embarrassed to say:

Armstrong Houston

There really is not a "big difference". On a glance they look pretty much the same despite the colours.
They're humanoids with full body armor and armcannons on their right arms and a visor type thing on their heads and the vaguely same body shape. Aside from that they're pretty dang different.
#927  July 24, 2013, 01:22:47 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
They're humanoids with full body armor and armcannons on their right arms and a visor type thing on their heads. Aside from that they're all different.
The said full body armor is almost the exact same shape. Visor and arm cannon have minor differences but serve the exact same purpose visually.

Don't make me make a diagram about this.

#928  July 24, 2013, 01:25:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#929  July 24, 2013, 01:25:52 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Make it a Venn Diagram.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#930  July 24, 2013, 01:32:24 am
    • USA
The said full body armor is almost the exact same shape.
They share the highlights (big ass shoulder pads, armcannon, having a visor) but the structure of the armor is very different, in both of Dark Samus's appearances. A diagram isn't really needed, just lay them out side-by-side.
#931  July 24, 2013, 01:33:33 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Bro if you don't understand why people don't want a character named DARK *name of character who is already playable* and design wise basically amounts to "exactly the same but with MORE" then I think you need to take a look at Link and Toon Link and tell me which one gets more play.
#932  July 24, 2013, 01:34:54 am
if we're going by looks alone, luigi shouldn't be in the game at all since, at a glance, he's green mario. difference being that luigi has been in a shitload of games, some of his own, and developed his own personality and fanbase. i can't say any of that at all for dark samus. there's nothing going for the character in looks or personality or numerous game appearances
#933  July 24, 2013, 01:39:07 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I'd kill for Oiram from that New Super Mario Bros 2 creepypasta

also personman you are one boring ass son of a you know that
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#934  July 24, 2013, 01:41:00 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
They share the highlights (big ass shoulder pads, armcannon, having a visor) but the structure of the armor is very different, in both of Dark Samus's appearances. A diagram isn't really needed, just lay them out side-by-side.
Nah, this gave me a reason to keep living for about 3 minutes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
SCIENCE

#935  July 24, 2013, 01:43:21 am
    • USA
Bro if you don't understand why people don't want a character named DARK *name of character who is already playable* and design wise basically amounts to "exactly the same but with MORE" then I think you need to take a look at Link and Toon Link and tell me which one gets more play.
if we're going by looks alone, luigi shouldn't be in the game at all since, at a glance, he's green mario. difference being that luigi has been in a shitload of games, some of his own, and developed his own personality and fanbase. i can't say any of that at all for dark samus. there's nothing going for the character in looks or personality or numerous game appearances
I get all of that. But Metroid doesn't have a very deep roster (nor is it a game that delves much into characterization), so ya gotta make due with what ya got. And I personally think Dark Samus would be the best bet but of the choices available, with Ridley being a close second. I want them both because Metroid needs more love! >:[
#936  July 24, 2013, 01:46:13 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Nah, this gave me a reason to keep living for about 3 minutes.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
SCIENCE

I am not pleased with this diagram, I need one that highlights the actual differences and makes a statistical compromise on what percentage of originality goes into it.

I need it done with a side comparison of ryu evil ryu for my mugen perspectives.
#937  July 24, 2013, 01:47:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
This is fascinating and all, but I'm more interested in the reasons on why you don't want any of the Hunters cast or Prime 3 bounty hunters over Dark Samus.
#938  July 24, 2013, 01:48:13 am
between putting in a dark version of the main character or a bigass pterodactyl monster that has been in almost every game of the series i think the choice is fairly obvious
#939  July 24, 2013, 01:49:16 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I am not pleased with this diagram, I need one that highlights the actual differences and makes a statistical compromise on what percentage of originality goes into it.

I need it done with a side comparison of ryu evil ryu for my mugen perspectives.
Sorry, tight budget.
This is fascinating and all, but I'm more interested in the reasons on why you don't want any of the Hunters cast or Prime 3 bounty hunters over Dark Samus.
They just look retarded.

#940  July 24, 2013, 01:51:59 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
between putting in a dark version of the main character or a bigass pterodactyl monster that has been in almost every game of the series i think the choice is fairly obvious
yes, dark evil version of the main character is the obvious choice, most of the rigging work is already done