YesNoOk

Where the hell is Virtua Fighter? (Read 29235 times)

Started by D. HoChoy, August 16, 2016, 06:47:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Where the hell is Virtua Fighter?
#21  August 17, 2016, 03:54:25 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Dunno what TC is talking about, VF characters being in DoA5 Last Round is what convinced me to buy it. Jacky and Sarah are still my mains as well. Although I was disappointed by the sever lack of
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  August 17, 2016, 04:27:26 pm
  • Hi, I'm a gay Mugen Creator (✿◠‿◠) !
    • Australia
I mean considering the fact that Virtua Fighter 5 was renewed and called The Final Showdown, I don't think they are gonna continue with the franchise (although I hope that they do cause I was one of those peasants that had Sega Saturn growing up), also renewing a trademark is just them "renewing a trademark" and nothing else. The chances of them releasing a new Virtua Fighter is probably still gonna be low, but they might make it a trilogy and stop the numbers thing (Virtua Fighter 1, 2, 3 etc.) and maybe have a spin off or a different name or something.

Isabeau Incarnate/Other Candy: Released
Foxy, Isabeau, Aika Toarcreat & Athena Asamiya: Coming Soon...
#23  August 17, 2016, 05:52:44 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It was called Final Showdown because it was the last version of VF5.
#24  August 19, 2016, 06:03:30 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
#25  August 19, 2016, 11:58:02 am
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
The first Virtua Fighter on PS2 was very fun, with all the customization items, but it was really hard so I could never get the hang of it.
 i was very young then lol........I always ended up playing DOA 2 hardcore instead
#26  August 20, 2016, 11:15:05 am
Sega clearly still cares about VF.  They're still licensing VF characters for merchandise (those beautiful polygonal Akira and Sarah figmas...) and as guests in other games (DOA, DFC, Project X Zone) so they still have VF in their thoughts.  Since they renewed the trademark one can only hope for a new game.  VF would do pretty well in the current climate.

If Sega actually cared about Virtua Fighter, they would have released a new game by now instead of ignoring it like every other Sega IP that isn't Sonic.
#27  August 20, 2016, 03:26:28 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
If Sega actually cared about Virtua Fighter, they would have released a new game by now instead of ignoring it like every other Sega IP that isn't Sonic.
Wow, to be this entitled takes AGES!

If SEGA wouldn't have cared for Virtua Fighter, then there wouldn't have been any Virtua Fighter characters in Project X Zone 1&2. It's their way of saying: "Yes, fan. We did NOT forget about Virtua Fighter yet. But since we don't have ideas good enough to kick Sonic away from the throne, we will at least make the Virtua Fighter characters cameo in other games so they wont go away from the public image until we finally have the ideas needed to make a Virtua Fighter that kicks every single fighting game in existance in the nuts."

Basically, it's the same situation like Captain Falcon appearing in every single Smash Bros game without having a new F-Zero game since the Gamecube. THE FRIGGIN GAMECUBE! Do you realize how long the F-Zero fans wait for a new installment?! Definitely much longer than the Virtua Fighter fans, that's for sure!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#28  August 20, 2016, 03:48:21 pm
    • USA
Sega clearly still cares about VF.  They're still licensing VF characters for merchandise (those beautiful polygonal Akira and Sarah figmas...) and as guests in other games (DOA, DFC, Project X Zone) so they still have VF in their thoughts.  Since they renewed the trademark one can only hope for a new game.  VF would do pretty well in the current climate.

For a long time they were still making a lot of revenue of Final Showdown in arcades so they had no reason to make a new game.  That is no longer the case, so with the trademark just renewed that is a good start.  TGS might have what you are looking for.
#29  August 20, 2016, 04:21:26 pm
  • The King of Slams
  • Charles Kasshu
    • USA

Basically, it's the same situation like Captain Falcon appearing in every single Smash Bros game without having a new F-Zero game since the Gamecube. THE FRIGGIN GAMECUBE! Do you realize how long the F-Zero fans wait for a new installment?! Definitely much longer than the Virtua Fighter fans, that's for sure!

Actually, it was since the GAME BOY ADVANCE. F-ZERO Climax was released in 2004; a year after F-ZERO GX/AX.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Zero_Climax

Also, it's funny that you said AGES. (Think about it.)
#30  August 20, 2016, 04:45:47 pm
    • USA
Sega aren't on the same level as Nintendo until they start sending senseless C&Ds every time they feel threatened that fan projects blow their official ones out of the water.  Not like it's hard to blow modern Nintendo out of the water though.
#31  August 21, 2016, 07:44:36 am
  • The King of Slams
  • Charles Kasshu
    • USA
Sega aren't on the same level as Nintendo until they start sending senseless C&Ds every time they feel threatened that fan projects blow their official ones out of the water.  Not like it's hard to blow modern Nintendo out of the water though.

Even though SEGA did C&D Streets of Rage Remake. But I'ma put it past them simply because it's almost impossible to remove something from the internet once it's on it.