YesNoOk

DRIZZY DRAKE UPDATE RELEASED!!! (12/19/2020) (Read 9536 times)

Started by DJ_HANNIBALROYCE, May 05, 2020, 04:26:02 pm
Share this topic:
DRIZZY DRAKE UPDATE RELEASED!!! (12/19/2020)
#1  May 05, 2020, 04:26:02 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
DRIZZY DRAKE

I'm back on the scene with a new character, my top 3 favorite rapper, Drake! This took a long time cause I wanted to make sure it was balanced, fun and accurate! I miss the mugen community so much so i cant wait to hear ur feedback...OVO forever. The Hypers and taunt are hilarious so try them out asap! LOL.

Supers
Down, Down-Forward, Forward, X or Y or Z (Nice Punch)
Down, Down-Back, Back, X or Y or Z (Yay Yay Counter)
Down, Down-Forward, Forward, A or B or C (Nice Kick)
Down, Down-Back, Back, A or B or C (Boomshakalaka) *NEW*   

Hypers
Down, Down-Forward, Forward, Y+Z (Fire Bars)   *NEW*
Down, Down-Back, Back, Y+Z (Toronto Raptor Slam Dunk)
Down, Down-Forward, Forward, B+C (OVOWL)
Down, Down-Back, Back, B+C (In My Hyper Feelings)

Other Abilities
Air Dash. Press Forward 2x or Back 2x.  (Sharp Maple Leaf is an attack can be performed by pressing any button during Air Dash! *NEW*)
Push Block. Press any of the recovery commands while guarding.

FUTURE UPPERCUT
Crouching Strong Punch offers a different kind of "WHOOPSIE!!!" lol

Toosie Taunt
Press START (only works if player opponent and/or teammate is only standing)

To Try in Single Player only, press (Ctrl + 2 Button) to make opponent go in Dummy mode.

To Try SIMUL in Watch Mode, Before the match starts, press (Ctrl + 1 Button), (Ctrl + 2 Button), (Ctrl + 3 Button) and (Ctrl + 4 Button), this puts everyone in dummy mode. When everyone stands, press START.

Other New Stuff
New Rating System!
more combo ability!                                     
Recovery Roll added!                                    *
Hyper Attacks cannot be interupted by normal attacks.
DOWNLOAD BELOW!
https://sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/

Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 09:08:04 pm by DJ_HANNIBALROYCE
Re: DRAKE by DJHANNIBALROYCE (5/5/2020)
#2  May 05, 2020, 05:00:04 pm
kind of a bizarre scorpion/any mk shinobi edit!
#3  May 05, 2020, 05:09:32 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
kind of a bizarre scorpion/any mk shinobi edit!

<3 buuuuuuttttttttttt.....Not an edit. this is made from scratch. it plays nothing like mk...well except the uppercut. LOL. Drake's last album was called Scorpion...hence the scopion sprite outfit. :)
#4  May 05, 2020, 06:23:08 pm
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
The hyper commands in the readme and forum thread are the same as the specials.
The p2stateno on the taunt doesn't always work for some reason, I would recommend changing the hit flag from MAFD to M as an extra precaution to prevent it from hitting airborne opponents.
The custom taunt animation for opponents doesn't work entirely on 3/4 button characters.
The Hitbox priorities seem to be based on assumptions from 2008, I would recommend analyzing some recent characters for more fighting game accurate priorities.
A few afterimage debug mode errors here and there.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#5  May 05, 2020, 06:27:19 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
The hyper commands in the readme and forum thread are the same as the specials.
The p2stateno on the taunt doesn't always work for some reason, I would recommend changing the hit flag from MAFD to M as an extra precaution to prevent it from hitting airborne opponents.
The custom taunt animation for opponents doesn't work entirely on 3/4 button characters.
The Hitbox priorities seem to be based on assumptions from 2008, I would recommend analyzing some recent characters for more fighting game accurate priorities.
A few afterimage debug mode errors here and there.

thank u im on it.:)
i dont understand what u mean by 2008 assumptions tho

EDIT:
README FIXED.
HITFLAG FOR TAUNT FIXED.
TAUNT FOR 2/3 CHARACTER FIXED.
still confused about hitbox priority problem....seems playable to me.
thank u Jenna. XD
Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:57:10 pm by DJ_HANNIBALROYCE
#6  May 05, 2020, 09:34:46 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Glad to see you back DJ, just love your chars. Also MY BOY DRAKE MAN?!
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#7  May 05, 2020, 09:42:25 pm
  • I must continue my training...
This guy lit like a candle, bruh!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#8  May 05, 2020, 09:48:24 pm
That keke do you love me hyper is hilarious and good idea on the Toronto Raptor finish.. very interesting indeed
#9  May 06, 2020, 03:03:03 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
glad u guys enjoyed
#10  May 06, 2020, 07:22:28 am
    • USA
#11  May 07, 2020, 06:59:08 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
My family's favorite rapper, thank you so much for him DJ. Great surprise to see you're still active and motivated. These hypers are top notch hype, and his overall appearance is just hilarious. But, I would like to suggest feedback on some odd quirks I notice:

-His low attacks can be blocked standing.

-Because he's a 6 button character with MvC like ground combos, I personally think his weak and medium punches and kicks should have less "bounceback", to allow comboing into his strong punches and kicks easier. Especially with how stubby they are, and how good his strong basics are.

-Low weak kick and low medium kick animations should maybe be swapped. It goes from a fairly ranged sweep to a very anti-air like kick, which often doesn't connect in the combo.

-Wednesday Leaf despawns if it goes offscreen if Drake is near and facing a screen end. I personally think it shouldn't put Drake into "wait for it to return" state after all of the hits connect, and should destroy the projectile and let Drake continue comboing or walk.

-Trying to do Nice Punch or Nice Kick near an enemy makes Drake grab. If that should be kept, I think Nice Kick could be reworked into a Johnny Cage-esque "Shadow Kick" move. If the initial sliding kick hits, then he does the combo. Maybe Nice Punch could be fused with the Yay-Yay Counter?

-Drake's hypers are very cool to watch, but extremely hard to land. I personally think they should be able to "counter" an enemy's moves. For example, have Ovio Sound Radio bypass projectiles, Hashtag Flash be unblockable in the air or have greater range, and Raptor Dunk's uppercut act like a Shoryuken startup that lets it beat enemy attacks? Just examples.

-Just a concept, but a special Drake can only do in the air or allowing an air variant of a prexisting move? He practically has no reason to jump, but it's up to your design choice.
#12  May 07, 2020, 04:09:22 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
My family's favorite rapper, thank you so much for him DJ. Great surprise to see you're still active and motivated. These hypers are top notch hype, and his overall appearance is just hilarious. But, I would like to suggest feedback on some odd quirks I notice:

-His low attacks can be blocked standing.

-Because he's a 6 button character with MvC like ground combos, I personally think his weak and medium punches and kicks should have less "bounceback", to allow comboing into his strong punches and kicks easier. Especially with how stubby they are, and how good his strong basics are.

-Low weak kick and low medium kick animations should maybe be swapped. It goes from a fairly ranged sweep to a very anti-air like kick, which often doesn't connect in the combo.

-Wednesday Leaf despawns if it goes offscreen if Drake is near and facing a screen end. I personally think it shouldn't put Drake into "wait for it to return" state after all of the hits connect, and should destroy the projectile and let Drake continue comboing or walk.

-Trying to do Nice Punch or Nice Kick near an enemy makes Drake grab. If that should be kept, I think Nice Kick could be reworked into a Johnny Cage-esque "Shadow Kick" move. If the initial sliding kick hits, then he does the combo. Maybe Nice Punch could be fused with the Yay-Yay Counter?

-Drake's hypers are very cool to watch, but extremely hard to land. I personally think they should be able to "counter" an enemy's moves. For example, have Ovio Sound Radio bypass projectiles, Hashtag Flash be unblockable in the air or have greater range, and Raptor Dunk's uppercut act like a Shoryuken startup that lets it beat enemy attacks? Just examples.

-Just a concept, but a special Drake can only do in the air or allowing an air variant of a prexisting move? He practically has no reason to jump, but it's up to your design choice.

thank you...im gonna jump on this today
#13  May 08, 2020, 05:41:03 am
    • Qatar
This is my favorite character it's so great Hannibalroyce
#14  May 08, 2020, 05:56:23 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Just curious, did you address the walk forward light punch infinite I showed you in VC at all, or have you not just yet? It's fairly tight, but it's there.
Re: DRIZZY DRAKE UPDATE RELEASED!!! (12/19/2020)
#15  December 20, 2020, 03:48:24 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
Drake update FINALLY released! changes and new stuff in the description at the top! <3 thank u for all the videos made of drake and the critiques and the overall love ive received since his release! i really do appreciate it. hopefully yall enjoy! the download also comes with his stage as a bonus!
#16  December 22, 2020, 06:00:07 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Hella fun to play with ninja Drake. Thanks bro!
#17  December 22, 2020, 06:14:04 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
thanks again man. You was killing him with the counters! lol.
#18  December 31, 2020, 05:13:08 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
This is a real clean update, the new teleport is a blast, and that winscreen is pure class. Loving what I see of those stages, hype for the Number Muncher rap.

As for feedback: 

-The low kick animation mix up is still there also.

-His airdash can only be done from a neutral jump, which really hurts the new diving leaf attack.

-Trying to do his Down Forward specials near a foe makes him grab them, which makes trying to use them as close range moves not work out since it just grabs the foe.

-I can't seem to use the Hard Pass aerial move at all.

-The hurtbox for the teleport special stays stationary where Drizzy was standing before he used it.
#19  December 31, 2020, 02:39:32 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
This is a real clean update, the new teleport is a blast, and that winscreen is pure class. Loving what I see of those stages, hype for the Number Muncher rap.

As for feedback: 

-The low kick animation mix up is still there also.

-His airdash can only be done from a neutral jump, which really hurts the new diving leaf attack.

-Trying to do his Down Forward specials near a foe makes him grab them, which makes trying to use them as close range moves not work out since it just grabs the foe.

-I can't seem to use the Hard Pass aerial move at all.

-The hurtbox for the teleport special stays stationary where Drizzy was standing before he used it.

thank you! ill be releasing number muncher update next with stage.

i dont know what u mean by low kick mix up.
and i will fix everything else today if i have time. but definetely new years! thank you for the feedback!