YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2852372 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#361  October 04, 2013, 10:08:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#362  October 04, 2013, 10:12:03 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Wanda and Pietro...
 :buttrox:

#363  October 04, 2013, 11:47:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It was mentioned in the Quicksilver article, but I might as well link to it: Samuel L. Jackson let it slip that Elizabeth Olsen (who was fantastic in Martha Marcy May Marlene) is in the movie and it's pretty likely that she'll be playing Scarlet Witch.

Agents of SHIELD was good this week, Ward and Skye seemed a bit better but FitzSimmons still seem pretty annoying and drag the show down a bit.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also some somewhat alarming news, Agenst of SHIELD lost 36% of its audience this week, and if it that drop-off doesn't stabilize the show is not gonna be long for this world. But then again, it is the most competitive timeslot on TV, and NCIS had a big event episode, and oh god please don't cancel another Whedon show please please please
#364  October 04, 2013, 11:56:32 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
This Marvel thing is far superior than NCIS, what the hell?? I guess NCIS time in the air plays an important role in this. I would be really sad if this get cancelled, it is really good so far.
Chilling
#365  October 05, 2013, 12:12:57 am
NCIS is good and always had good scores, and this mostly appeals to
- comic book fans
- Whedon fans
which aren't the biggest demographic for a TV show, no matter how good it is. Who knows if even the "casuals" who discovered Marvel with the movies are aware that this show is a thing ?
Hell, for anyone who isn't a comic book fan, this "investigation team-up" show has a pretty bad group dynamic, boring and way too cliché, and that kills any interest from newcomers pretty fast. I'd even go as far as saying, if it wasn't called SHIELD, even with the same dialogs and directing, you wouldn't even pay attention to it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:21:45 am by DKDC
#366  October 05, 2013, 03:37:49 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Gotta admit you nailed it with the "if it didn´t had Marvel in the title" no one or very few people would watch it, but I certainly feel this show is far more interesting than NCIS and it would be pretty sad to see this show go away due to rating stuff, gotta agree they choosed a pretty difficult hour to air the show. Is just my opinion thought, since I always found NCIS pretty uninteresting.
Chilling
#367  October 05, 2013, 03:44:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So far the episodes have been a bit boring for me, though I thought the same of Buffy and Angel when I 1st started watching them. So I hope it lasts long enough to get through the initial boring period.

I also hope they have some side adventures that take place during Thor Dark Ages since the show will be airing while the movie is in theaters.
#368  October 05, 2013, 03:48:40 am
  • Fuck You.
i was the 36 percent im sorry

i was over my brother's house playing gta v and stuff forgive me jossmorphman
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

GOH

#369  October 05, 2013, 11:58:34 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Oh boy

You've done it now
#370  October 05, 2013, 01:27:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
if it wasn't called SHIELD, even with the same dialogs and directing, you wouldn't even pay attention to it.
Yup, even though I think the show is not bad at all, you pretty much nailed it here. Sadly. :(

#371  October 05, 2013, 07:19:05 pm
    • USA
Who knows if even the "casuals" who discovered Marvel with the movies are aware that this show is a thing ?
I'd say they were, given that the premiere was the highest-rated drama debut in 4 years. It just seems that a great deal of them would rather watch The Voice and NCIS.

So far the episodes have been a bit boring for me, though I thought the same of Buffy and Angel when I 1st started watching them. So I hope it lasts long enough to get through the initial boring period.
It's something common not only to Whedon shows, but to network TV in general (cable is generally better at coming out very strong out of the gate but I don't really have any idea why). Sometimes it might take a season, or even 2 seasons (Star Trek TNG) for a show to get good, for the cast to gel, and so on.

Usually a big turning point are the episodes produced after the first few episodes have started airing, because the production can finally see the results. The writers can start playing towards the actors' strengths, and avoid exposing their weaknesses; the actors get better handles on their characters, finding new depths and rhythms, and so on.

I think the closest comparison to Agents would be Dollhouse, given that two of the show-runners were intimately involved with it, and it's the most recent Whedon show. And the reception Dollhouse got was extremely chilly, much more so than Agents is getting. There were so many Whedon diehards saying the show was terrible and awful and what have you. And then episode 6 happened: Patton Oswalt's character. "There are three flowers in a vase. The third flower is green." Holy shit, this show not only can be good, it can be great!

Also, FitzSimmons reminds me of Topher from Dollhouse, in that Topher was, for the first few episodes, absolutely despised and decried as a lame Xander clone who is also in charge of mind-rapist technology. But his character developed by leaps and bounds and the actor playing him got a great handle on the role and by the end he was one of the most beloved characters. So hopefully we'll see a similar path for those two, although personally I find them to be worse than Topher ever was, even at the beginning.

i was the 36 percent im sorry

i was over my brother's house playing gta v and stuff forgive me jossmorphman
It's OK. For penance leave the episode on ABC.com while you go about your day. 5 views should do it.

Go in peace my son.

MDI

#372  October 09, 2013, 03:14:22 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
ey
#373  October 09, 2013, 08:24:45 am
    • USA

More incremental improvements, especially from Skye. FitzSimmons continue to be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh. They need to work on their dialogue!

Loved that truth serum reveal, as it nicely shelves concerns from the pilot of "Coulson left a truth-serum'd SHIELD agent in a room with someone who posts secrets for a living".

Also, had a thought. At the beginning of the episode, Skye is once again presented as being pretty useless at helping the regular SHIELD agents get anything done, reminding me of the last episode where she was pretty useless at the temple. Of course in this episode she goes undercover and all that, and in the last episode she comes up with the plan to get rid of the hijackers, but still, it makes me wonder if this is a long-term plot or something (like, Skye starts to feel her skills are useless most of the time, and wants to quit/learn more stuff/whatever, or something like that).

MDI

#374  October 09, 2013, 08:59:56 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
The most important thing is the dress she wore this episode.  :wiseguy:
ey
#375  October 09, 2013, 04:16:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#376  October 09, 2013, 04:18:56 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I'm sorry but, LMD?

#377  October 09, 2013, 04:21:51 pm
Life Model Decoy.
My problem with this theory is, in this case there was no reason to bring this character, other than having the actor and the name. The LMD itself has no purpose. They even make a point to keep his presence secret.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:26:52 pm by DKDC
#378  October 09, 2013, 04:22:20 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Like some sort of clone?

#379  October 09, 2013, 04:23:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
life model decoy, an old shield staple, they would sometimes replace agents with robots programmed with all their memories and skills, such robots werent always aware they were robots.  they were used to simulate accidents and etc.
#380  October 09, 2013, 04:26:31 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I see, "it's a magical place".
I knew there was no way he could survive Loki's attack