YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837684 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Straight Outta Wakanda
#3601  February 25, 2018, 06:06:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So, Black Panther fucking rules. Easily one of the best movies in the MCU, but I'm not sure if it'll end up unseating Winter Soldier as the top of the top for me. But even so, it's still so fucking good!
#3602  February 26, 2018, 06:23:03 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Hearing them speak Xhosa brought a chuckle to my face. They really managed to capture alot of the african spirit.
OMG, Shuri and her tech.. Stark would die if he saw that shit... Shuri is my new female fave no doubt

Anyone else kinda notice how Killmongers armor kinda looks like something Vegeta wears...
#3603  February 26, 2018, 06:27:58 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i saw black panther and it's great, it feels like the marvel equivalent to the lion king in which t'challa is simba and kilmonger is scar

I'm glad i got a chance to see black panther, i can't wait for infinity war to happen
#3604  February 26, 2018, 06:38:08 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3605  February 26, 2018, 06:39:22 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Hearing them speak Xhosa brought a chuckle to my face. They really managed to capture alot of the african spirit.
OMG, Shuri and her tech.. Stark would die if he saw that shit... Shuri is my new female fave no doubt

Anyone else kinda notice how Killmongers armor kinda looks like something Vegeta wears...

and did anyone noticed that kilmonger's hairstyle kinda looks like shinsuke nakamura's hairstyle
#3606  March 02, 2018, 02:06:50 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3607  March 11, 2018, 10:29:17 pm
Spoiler: JJ S2 (click to see content)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:51:19 am by Byakko
#3608  March 16, 2018, 02:18:07 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3609  March 16, 2018, 02:49:35 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

Cool.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#3610  March 16, 2018, 02:51:03 pm
Mister Doctor fed up with people not understanding his name, doesn't even bother correcting anyone anymore.

So
Strange probably loses the Time gem ?
Iron Man's rocket feet are probably here to tell us that the arm cannon we've seen doesn't necessarily mean Tony loses an arm
Peter doesn't care anymore about the other kids on the bus or the cars in the street seeing him put his Spiderman mask on ?
They're keeping the references to Thanos' fingersnap, but other articles have recently claimed he's mad at Titan having been destroyed not by him but by another infinity stone, and he wants to revive it ? And the soul stone might play a part in it but it might need to kill people to work, thus still needing to kill half of humanity
So the timeline will be Thor gets wrecked, Thanos hits New York but Vision keeps the stone, Thanos runs off with Peter and Tony hanging on and ending up on dead Titan with the Guardians, and then Thanos returns to Wakanda for the final showdown - I'm expecting Cap to push him back since Vision still keeps his stone at the end I think ?

edit
oh, yeah, all that's left is whatever the hell other characters like Hawkeye and probably Ant-Man are doing. Apparently the directors said Hawkeye's got his own thing to do, but nothing has come through so far.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:34:14 am by Byakko
#3611  March 16, 2018, 03:52:31 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
In the "Big Game Spot" trailer, Vision seems to be with Cap, Widow and I think Scarlet Witch is behind him and the stone is (looks like it is) missing from his head. This seems to be before the big Wakanda battle.

EDIT It KINDA looks like when Cap goes to greet T'Challa, the stone still isn't in his head. Maybe they'll fix him up with Wakanda Science.

That was a cool trailer. I cannot wait.
Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:01:02 pm by Koop
#3612  March 17, 2018, 05:56:04 pm
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Clearly, Marvel is leaning heavily into misdirection again (much as they did with Thor's missing eye during the Ragnarok trailers).  As intelligent, manipulative and resourceful as Thanos is, one could never imagine him having only acquired two of the infinity stones by what was revealed (via an Entertainment Weekly article) to be the third act of the movie.

Be that as it may, I can't ignore the fact that the hype remains very real. :beamgoi:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#3613  March 17, 2018, 07:19:06 pm
Well, he's coming to Wakanda to get the yellow stone from Vision, we know he didn't get the dark red stone from the Collector because it was already gone and it seems most of the movie will be spent on Titan and in Wakanda so I don't expect we'll have time to find it, and then there's the still missing soul stone. That one is most likely related to Titan at this point, so maybe he'll have it in Wakanda.
There's the time stone with Strange but it's been easy to guess that they're hiding that one on Thanos' thumb since the start and he really did take it from Strange on Titan. The first trailer had a green lens flare for a couple of frames when Thanos punches Tony, they've been hiding it from the start but seeing Strange tortured by Ebony Maw, it's pretty clear Strange will lose it.
So yeah he most likely has the time one on the thumb and then the soul stone by the time they get to Wakanda but it's edited out. Two to go.
#3614  March 18, 2018, 02:19:02 am
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
Definite movie logic here. There are things called "infinity stones" and yet Thanos wants to destroy "half of the universe".

Half of infinity = shitty maths

Well, it's a movie so who cares? I'm just gonna enjoy the damn thing.

Revanto  ;P
3d rocks!
#3615  March 18, 2018, 02:51:33 am
#3616  March 18, 2018, 03:16:12 am
wasnt thanos doing this shit to impress his girlfriend and to become a farmer?
#3617  March 18, 2018, 04:11:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well, the farmer bit wasn't quite his intention, but it turned out nice for him.

That reminds me though, in the comics, didn't Strange sit out the large majority of any of the repeated conflicts against Thanos?  He was just the portal guy sending people back and forth.  I can't imagine they'll sideline him like that in the movie, but he was kinda mandatory to stay out of harm's way for all the people traveling all over the place.

Then, the comics also had a large deal to do with Silver Surfer in this conflict, and as great a surprise it would be for him to show up and be largely involved in the movie without any of the trailers thus far spoiling that surprise, I don't think it's worth taking too much stock how much it lines up with the original.  Just so long as Thor gets polymorphed into a glass statue, that was funny.
#3618  March 18, 2018, 06:37:58 am
most of the heroes were sidelined , they all died.  so we gonna see tony gets decapitated here too?

i'm more interested what they'll do to drax and gammorah.
#3619  March 18, 2018, 08:44:06 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Clearly, Marvel is leaning heavily into misdirection again (much as they did with Thor's missing eye during the Ragnarok trailers).  As intelligent, manipulative and resourceful as Thanos is, one could never imagine him having only acquired two of the infinity stones by what was revealed (via an Entertainment Weekly article) to be the third act of the movie.

Be that as it may, I can't ignore the fact that the hype remains very real. :beamgoi:
Well, don't forget that there's another Avengers movie coming out next year! I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos doesn't manage to get all the gems until the very end of this year's movie.

Definite movie logic here. There are things called "infinity stones" and yet Thanos wants to destroy "half of the universe".

Half of infinity = shitty maths

Well, it's a movie so who cares? I'm just gonna enjoy the damn thing.

Revanto  ;P
They're called Infinity Gems/Stones because they contain the infinite power: each wields an infinite amount of power over one particular aspect (e.g., time, space, etc.). With all six, one would gain complete omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, and so on.

Thanos indeed wants to kill half of the universe, but that doesn't mean that's the only thing the Infinity gems can do. They could just as easily wipe out the entire universe, or fill it with double the amount of life, or turn everyone into popcorn, or make it so that everyone has an Australian accent, or whatever! They are, by definition, infinite!
#3620  March 18, 2018, 09:48:39 pm
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
we know he didn't get the dark red stone from the Collector because it was already gone and it seems most of the movie will be spent on Titan and in Wakanda so I don't expect we'll have time to find it
True; unless it has a role in forging Stormbreaker (in which case, they may unwittingly draw Thanos right to it).

@Jmorphman:
Good point.  It's safe to assume the Russos will reserve the bulk of the universe-altering mayhem for the first half of Avengers 4.  On a side note, I do enjoy your whimsical sense of humor (*looks to remarks such as the one about Australian accents*). :laugh:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:02:05 pm by Mature4evr