YesNoOk

Dudley by Buckus (Read 83407 times)

Started by BurningSoul, July 07, 2019, 05:21:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dudley by Buckus
#101  November 27, 2021, 06:56:08 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Happy Thanksgiving to people who celebrate it,Dudley Update is up thanks to awesome help of Kenmasters who's been helpin with Dudley since start
Solidzone's feedback is done,switched over to Pots Dampener
there is a notes folder for other changes so far
Other stuff:
added dampener vars to normals
target combos + dampener TCs
crouch HK no longer cancellable, but juggle with EX uppercut and rocket uppercut
tweaked special uppercut and super uppercut anims based on 3s
fixed dudley landing below the floor by 5 pixels on landing frames during rocket uppercut
increased tempo of machinegun punches hits, normal versions are +3 on hit
ex shortswing blow tweaks: shorter hitpause on first hit, decreased x velocity, increased yaccel
ex ducking uppercut: higher y velocity, more yaccel
corkscrew cross: S physics in custom state so that P2 is less "slidey" on icey

Oh I killed the eyes cs by the way just restored to OG Froz Color Seperation for Buckus's since it has more pals and eyes felt weird

The damage is so much better this time around. Nice work both of y'all. What's the multiple 'cmd' and 'air' files for? Do they have any differences?
#102  November 27, 2021, 10:37:33 am
    • Australia
Hey Yuga

"CommandEasy.cmd" changes Half circles to Quarter circles. "CommandOG.cmd" use original half circle commands for specials.
"Command.old.cmd" can be deleted.

"Anim.air" is an old file with old timings and can be deleted. "Anim.test.air" contains adjusted timings better suited to POTS system and should be kept.

My notes and test files were left there in mete's excitement over the last update, so I'll do a cleanup real soon and have him update the download file :D

Meanwhile, hope you enjoy the update and if there are any glaring issues, let us know

Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:12:48 am by Virtua Richie (kenmasters2812)
#103  November 30, 2021, 01:23:23 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Little issues I founded:

- The Super Finish effect appear in all moves (in normals too);
- The Super Finish text don't appearing in last hit;
#104  November 30, 2021, 04:31:23 am
    • Australia
Cheers Akito:

That's a fairly big oopsie we all somehow missed. Here's an update with the Super Finish FX fix, the file cleanup I mentioned, and a fix for a couple of other issues:

- 2 hitdefs in normal.st that were missing dampener vars
- corrected x velocity in final hit of machinegun blow

Download from this G-Drive mirror for now, link will be removed when 1st post is updated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xBT4I1e0KQ43AYo4-b3Y4MQLA5X-elxL/view?usp=sharing

Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 06:17:19 am by Virtua Richie (kenmasters2812)
#105  November 30, 2021, 06:13:25 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for this update!

I hope don't have issues now.
#106  November 30, 2021, 11:40:33 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I've already alerted Mete about these, but I'll post these here just in case you (Ken) haven't seen them:

1. The Coat during the 191 Intro is missing because it isn't set to group 10191 in the anim. A cloth sound when he throws it off would also be nice to have.
2. I'm not keen on the Health Loss during normal (not the EX) Cross Counter. I know it was a thing in SF3, but it makes it too much of a risk compared to the likes of Geese or Rock's counters.

I also noticed that it's strangely difficult to cancel out of the LP>MP target combo into Machine Gun Blow, and I haven't managed to cancel into the EX version.
It's also kinda odd the Stand MK isn't a cancel.

This is definitely the best Dudley has been though. Would you be interested if I joined the editing crew?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#107  November 30, 2021, 12:16:54 pm
    • Australia
I've already alerted Mete about these, but I'll post these here just in case you (Ken) haven't seen them:

1. The Coat during the 191 Intro is missing because it isn't set to group 10191 in the anim. A cloth sound when he throws it off would also be nice to have.
2. I'm not keen on the Health Loss during normal (not the EX) Cross Counter. I know it was a thing in SF3, but it makes it too much of a risk compared to the likes of Geese or Rock's counters.

I also noticed that it's strangely difficult to cancel out of the LP>MP target combo into Machine Gun Blow, and I haven't managed to cancel into the EX version.
It's also kinda odd the Stand MK isn't a cancel.

This is definitely the best Dudley has been though. Would you be interested if I joined the editing crew?

1. forgot to look into this cause tbh, cause I got tunnel visioned into focusing on Solid's feedback. next update then.
2. I kind of agree actually... seems a little unintuitive from a fighting game perspective, but makes sense from an actual boxing perspective. I reckon if we go the geese/rock route should probably give him the same active window as the Howards' counters

the target combo FW+LP,MP is cancelable but not LP,MP, you need to do the full combo LP,MP,MK and then you can special cancel, which is the only time you can cancel out of MK - same as 3S. At one point I was considering having any medium cancelable at any part of the target combo

If you want to join in, I'm all for it! I don't think Mete would object :D

#108  November 30, 2021, 12:53:31 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
the target combo FW+LP,MP is cancelable but not LP,MP, you need to do the full combo LP,MP,MK and then you can special cancel, which is the only time you can cancel out of MK - same as 3S. At one point I was considering having any medium cancelable at any part of the target combo

If you want to join in, I'm all for it! I don't think Mete would object :D

As of now, a raw S.MK is pretty pointless, especially with the low range. The added cancelling would definitely motivate usage.
I think the latter consideration would be also be great so it's not as specific.

If I were to join in on this, who do I send my versions to?

Edit: The damage dampener may also need tweaking. e.g. C.HP into Level 3's 469 damage while C.HP then QCF,LK into Level 3's only 322 damage.
I'd lastly consider updating the movelist aswell as Rolling Thunder's no longer a Level 2/3.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:05:29 pm by RagingRowen
#109  November 30, 2021, 01:05:44 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Since Dudley finally got another update, here's some feedback I found after testing:
-The swing sound on jumping LP plays after it hits the opponent.
-His air file on some of his animations has two separate hitboxes instead of just one for the entire body.
-The voice clip when he activates MAX Mode is the engine sound for the car and not a clip from his voice.
-The jump sound effect on Jet Upper should be a normal one, not a super one.
-There is a hitspark from the fightfx if the opponent hits him from a successful Cross Counter.
-There's no swing sound on the startup of Short Swing Blow and the running dust is reversed (Although for Short Swing Blow and Duck, I personally think it would sound better if you used forward dash sound for the startups instead).
-Duck is using a swing sound for the startup instead of a forward dash sound.
-The running dust on EX Duck plays multiple times.
-Rolling Thunder would sound better if a super jump sound effect instead of a step sound due to the afterimages.
-The super jump sound should be on the last jump on MAX Rocket Uppercut while the first two uses the normal one.

Also, it's ZolidSone now. Hope this helps.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#110  November 30, 2021, 05:23:29 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Thanks for your feedback guys!
#111  December 05, 2021, 10:00:34 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Lmao tf Akito I feel like thats my quote here
#112  December 06, 2021, 01:24:21 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Because I want very much this Dudley done in my rooster and feedbacks helps always.
#113  December 10, 2021, 12:35:04 pm
    • Australia
Minor Update:
Hitdef parameters were reviewed, somehow resulting in a reduction of the unintended dampening of dudley's Lv.3.
I'm not sure how that's even happened or why the above is even a factor, so I'm still looking into it

this is how damage is looking now,

https://streamable.com/1qne8j

Since Dudley finally got another update, here's some feedback I found after testing:

Cheers ZS
updates around aesthetics + your feedback still to come, possibly prioritizing the reconstruction of some of the CLSNs

download here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xBT4I1e0KQ43AYo4-b3Y4MQLA5X-elxL/view?usp=sharing

#114  January 15, 2022, 11:32:28 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Minor Update:
Hitdef parameters were reviewed, somehow resulting in a reduction of the unintended dampening of dudley's Lv.3.
I'm not sure how that's even happened or why the above is even a factor, so I'm still looking into it

this is how damage is looking now,

https://streamable.com/1qne8j

Cheers ZS
updates around aesthetics + your feedback still to come, possibly prioritizing the reconstruction of some of the CLSNs

download here:

I'm giving a late feedback.
Seems like the gethit resuired sprites have some problem.

I noticed 5042.10 and 5042.20
And certainly some more are not the correct sprites. (I only noticed these two by testing a throw on Dudley)
#115  April 19, 2022, 07:39:59 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Dudley is updated,it seems like we forgot the standing strong kick same anim as strong punch,just noticed it,fix is up