YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4722742 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) 8 Chars Quick Update (01/28/21)
#281  January 29, 2021, 07:38:16 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
It was working just fine when I tested the throw before saving my changes, something must've happened.

Anyway, it's fixed.

Gordeau
-Fixed bugged Throw
Mika
-Changed the attribute flags on certain moves
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) 8 Chars Quick Update (01/28/21)
#282  January 29, 2021, 08:54:41 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Alright, confirmed fixed for both. Nothing else to report on them.

Unfortunately speaking about Issac last night, I actually ran into some issues when using "The Devil" on P2's side:
-When P2 uses Brimstone, the beam is red instead of yellow (But disappears yellow except for the part where his mouth is as it's still red there).
-When P2 uses Devil's Advent, they change to black and red and so is the beam itself (It's fine as P1, but not on P2).
-The splash effect on the fly on D6 explodes blue instead of yellow if P2 uses it.

Like Kokonoe, I'm certain it was intentional for you to make P2's objects to be a different color than P1. But Brimstone and Devil's Advent shouldn't be as he turned black and yellow in The Devil as P2, not still be black and red like P1 so it should have it's own dedicated palette. Also if friendly flies are always blue in source, aren't they supposed to be on P2 too or did you intentionally did that to tell whose flies are whose? I hardly test the characters on that side as I assumed it's the same for both, so that was a definite easy miss for me. I never realized it would be different each side.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) Isaac Quick Update (01/30/21)
#283  January 30, 2021, 10:30:25 am
    • USA
The objects, including the flies, change colors exclusively during mirror matches as player 2 to avoid confusion as to what belongs to who. Against anyone who isn't himself, the objects' colors remain the same, even as player 2. Both versions of Brimstone were not supposed to change color though, they're always supposed to be red.

Anyway, fixed.

Isaac
-Devil's Advent form now matches the color of either P1 or P2's devil color scheme
-Fixed some errors involving the color changes during mirror matches
#284  January 30, 2021, 11:18:33 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Good to see that's been cleared up, but now I found a new bug on Issac's quick update. For some reason, the D6 always rolls 1s. Pretty sure this was done in order to check the splash effect on P2's side on the fly and it is fixed, but you forgot to change it back so no matter how many times he used the D6, he can only get flies on his dice rolls.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#285  January 30, 2021, 05:51:13 pm
    • USA
Ah whoops. You're correct, I enabled that to make it easier for testing out the color change of the flies' pop effect, but it looks like I forgot to switch that back.

It's fixed now.
#286  January 31, 2021, 06:49:54 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#287  January 31, 2021, 06:58:32 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Charlotte Updated (01/26/21) Yang Updated (01/31/21)
#288  February 01, 2021, 05:02:06 am
    • USA
Yang has been updated.

Yang
-Yang is now required to be in control in order for her semblance to activate, Preventing it from activating before round start
-Burning Ember's armor now activates later in the move
-Adjusted Hitboxes for Burning Embers
-Ultra Burst Aura now dissapears whenever Yang is in a custom state
#289  February 01, 2021, 05:40:50 am
    • USA
Cool, thanks for the update. I see big red hitboxes everywhere in your chars. Do you plan to make blue hitboxes accommodate them so they're at least punishable? I can provide some examples of how it can be done. At the very least, they should be able to trade hits.

It appears that the CLSN2 hurtboxes are really really really thin, but the attacking CLSN1 hitboxes are really really really big. So it makes it really difficult to even hit them to begin with, also running at the huge risk of eating h0o0o0ge combos in return. Simply put, many of your guys have godlike attack boxes and godlike "evasive" hurtboxes, which makes them really good at attacking, and naturally really good at dodging too, without leaving much of that to the player's own dictation to control their own defense.

Secondly, I think the grab priority range is may be a bit too far.... and I mean like, SUPER far you can get grabbed. Doesn't even look like you're in range but you grab them anyway.

That's all I could say for now. Other than that, cool stuff!
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 07:47:12 am by extravagant
#290  February 01, 2021, 03:53:15 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
Yang has been updated.

Yang
-Yang is now required to be in control in order for her semblance to activate, Preventing it from activating before round start
-Burning Ember's armor now activates later in the move
-Adjusted Hitboxes for Burning Embers
-Ultra Burst Aura now dissapears whenever Yang is in a custom state

Oh right, after you finishing your Hyde. Do you have any plan making another Dengeki Bunko character with your style?
#291  February 01, 2021, 05:26:52 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Do you have any plans on more anime characters? Any JoJo's char in this style would be incredible considering how cool the P4 are. Not requesting, just asking

#292  February 02, 2021, 06:31:06 am
    • USA

These kind of hitboxes are actually the norm in Anime Fighters such as Guilty Gear and Blazblue, where there's much more emphasis on offense. In fact, some of these games even penalize you for not going on the offensive. My characters have been designed with this kind of gameplay style in mind and are meant to be on par with other characters from these kinds of games, which is why the hitboxes are like this.

Although, I actually have been thinking about toning down the grabs across all my characters.

Not after Hyde, but probably later.

I've always stuck with using hi-res sprites for my characters, and as far as I am aware, there are not any hi-res sprites of Jojo characters unfortunately.

Outside of the characters from DBFC and Nitroplus Blasterz, there aren't really any other anime characters with hi-res sprites available that come to mind. AnToR_M has made some nice looking sprites, but none of the characters they sprited are from a series that I'm familiar with. If someone were to make some hi-res sprites of Guts from Berserk, then I would definitely work on him.
#293  February 02, 2021, 11:07:43 am
    • USA

Are you sure? I found these screenshots (which I dont remember how) but the hitbox data seems like she's more punishable (CLSN2 hurt box) than what you have currently.

Though I have seen you say you're not shooting for accuracy, so I don't know what to say. But, I'll share the screenshots anyway.
#294  February 02, 2021, 12:40:36 pm
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home

Please keep in mind that his characters are NOT intended to strictly follow the original version based on BBTAG.
What he is doing here is to create a "substitute" or "based but still original" character. That's the reason why he didn't use the SFX from the game.
OHMSBY also doesn't want to push himself so hard to follow every single details of a character but he would do his best to make he/she worth enjoying.
#295  February 02, 2021, 05:23:29 pm
    • USA
Ya I know they're not meant to strictly follow BBTag, all I'm saying is the idle stance/gethits/basic CLSN2 hurtboxes are so skinny, that you cannot even punish or hit the character. At the very least, the source game has a bigger CLSN2 hurtbox so can at least sweep them in proper range.
#296  February 02, 2021, 10:55:03 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

I've always stuck with using hi-res sprites for my characters, and as far as I am aware, there are not any hi-res sprites of Jojo characters unfortunately.

Outside of the characters from DBFC and Nitroplus Blasterz, there aren't really any other anime characters with hi-res sprites available that come to mind. AnToR_M has made some nice looking sprites, but none of the characters they sprited are from a series that I'm familiar with. If someone were to make some hi-res sprites of Guts from Berserk, then I would definitely work on him.

Yeah, that's true, the only really good JoJo's sprites there are are the ones from the old CAPCOM game, and they're 90s sprites through and through

#297  February 03, 2021, 02:06:12 am
    • Vietnam

If that's so, he'd supposed to update all of his characters at once, which take lots of efforts and probably he won't have enough time for that. From what I can tell, his hitboxes are not too biased to register the attacks. Despite of the collusion boxes may be opposite in some cases. Sometimes, he has to extend the hitboxes of moves that hit lows in order to hit smaller opponents with smaller hurtboxes ( obviously ) and nobody having problem with that. I guess as long as the attacks are linked and at the same time, not making he/she becomes so OP, his characters look fine.

#298  February 03, 2021, 02:12:49 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265

I probably could have suggested it sooner, but Vanguard Princess has hi-res sprites that can be drawn from and, as freeware, it should be easy to obtain. Big caveat is that the game has a far more traditional gameplay style betraying it's very anime aesthetics, so, it end up playing something closer to Street Fighter, but with assists.
#299  February 03, 2021, 02:34:37 am
    • Vietnam
#300  February 03, 2021, 05:45:14 pm
    • Brazil

These kind of hitboxes are actually the norm in Anime Fighters such as Guilty Gear and Blazblue, where there's much more emphasis on offense. In fact, some of these games even penalize you for not going on the offensive. My characters have been designed with this kind of gameplay style in mind and are meant to be on par with other characters from these kinds of games, which is why the hitboxes are like this.

Although, I actually have been thinking about toning down the grabs across all my characters.

Not after Hyde, but probably later.

Speaking about Guts, there's OGGY's sprites. Aren't those Hi-res?