YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4963155 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Terumi Quick Update (11/1/21)
#721  November 02, 2021, 04:23:40 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I don't suppose Pokemon Type Wild characters would have all the necessary sprites?
#722  November 03, 2021, 01:18:50 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Depending on how creative I can get with those sprites, they may be able to work. I'd have to actually mess around with them to know for sure.
#723  November 03, 2021, 02:29:39 am
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
On your upcoming projects, I have some questions:
-Are you gonna apply the Cross Tag system of the BBTAG for simul player mode in the near future ?
-Do you ever think of making any Melty Blood: Type Lumina character ?
#724  November 04, 2021, 05:18:16 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how have you been lately? You doing well? Also if you don't mind me asking how has it been working with Blender when it comes to the 3D characters? Are you getting the hang it of it or are you still adjusting to the process and learning new this? And are you just using Blender or are you using other programs alongside it?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#725  November 05, 2021, 04:29:05 am
    • USA
-Are you gonna apply the Cross Tag system of the BBTAG for simul player mode in the near future ?

No.

-Do you ever think of making any Melty Blood: Type Lumina character ?

You will be seeing at least one Type Lumina character from me sooner or later.

Also if you don't mind me asking how has it been working with Blender when it comes to the 3D characters? Are you getting the hang it of it or are you still adjusting to the process and learning new this? And are you just using Blender or are you using other programs alongside it?

I think I've gotten a nice workflow down when comes to blender projects now. After some of the things I've learned, it takes much less time to render the sprites than before. I've also been using photoshop to edit the textures and to put the renders into indexed color mode.

#726  November 05, 2021, 06:09:43 pm
Have you thought about making characters from Touhou?
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana released (11/7/21)
#727  November 07, 2021, 05:08:31 pm
    • USA
#728  November 07, 2021, 05:28:46 pm
  • Why,

Shana has been released.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Shana here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0vB-kSsHiOCJYk92GdYg0-RUpyZ2g-C/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Have fun.

Have you thought about making characters from Touhou?

This was discussed earlier in this thread. It's a maybe.
Yours can be ask Ricepigeon at Touhou Characters (Incident Zero style).
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#729  November 07, 2021, 06:09:54 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#730  November 10, 2021, 05:42:40 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Unrelated but Paulo, in your signature picture who is that on the right? XD
#731  November 10, 2021, 05:49:56 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#732  November 10, 2021, 06:04:39 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Unrelated but Paulo, in your signature picture who is that on the right? XD

If you're talking about this one below because it's a rotating signature:

It's Rentaro Satomi but with custom color.

Or this one:

It's Ky Kiske and Uzuki Shimamura.

Now back to the topic. I found yet another error for Ky.
When you rapid cancel quickly after you hit an opponent with Lighting Javelin, the shock state isn't on the opponent.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Shana released (11/7/21) Ky Quick Update (11/10/21)
#733  November 11, 2021, 06:09:35 am
    • USA
Fixed.

Ky
-Fixed an error where Lightening Javelin wouldn't apply the Shock State when Rapid Canceling on hit
-Fixed an error where a strong ground bounce effect would play when hitting the opponent after hitting the ground from Lightening Javelin
Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 06:42:11 am by OHMSBY
#734  November 11, 2021, 06:29:27 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
And I also noticed a minor issue on Ky, which I couldn't get on my computer during the day to report it. When the opponent hits the ground hard after hitting the wall from Lightning Javelin, another strong ground shockwave and sound will appear instead of the normal one just by hitting them with any basic attack while they're lying on the ground.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#735  November 11, 2021, 06:42:28 am
    • USA
Also fixed.
#736  November 12, 2021, 07:52:47 am
    • Vietnam
Just wanna share some custom palettes I made last week.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also, I believe that some versions of Shana's Gurren No Odachi and Gouka are having the wrong attribute flags. Not a big deal, but you can adjust them if you want to.
#737  November 12, 2021, 10:06:52 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how you doing? Have you had any luck in extract any files from Guilty Gear Strive, like the models for example? I've tried searching for any downloads of the models themselves, but I could only find photos of the models already extracted on a Deviantart account by a guy named "o-DV89-o", who also extracted models from other games like Granblue Fantasy Versus and One Piece.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#738  November 12, 2021, 01:20:07 pm
    • USA
Speaking about custom palettes, I've been recently looking at the palettes folder and love the references you done with all your characters (I noticed a few from some hobbies of mine and always used the default for testing). For once, I actually like to try take on a few for your characters and these come to my mind:

Yu & Izanagi = Kyosuke Munakata & Juzo Sakakura (Danganronpa 3)
Saya = Sachiko Shinozaki (Corpse Party)
Shana = Kotonoha Katsura (School Days)

However, I don't how to get the exact colors of those characters. Do you get the references from an stock image? Consider this a way for me to learn how to make better palettes instead of using existing recolors. If I do them correctly, maybe I'll do more in the future.

Also, I believe that some versions of Shana's Gurren No Odachi and Gouka are having the wrong attribute flags. Not a big deal, but you can adjust them if you want to.
Oh yeah, you're right. They show up as V instead of S. I actually never bothered checking any of the specials on everyone since a lot of his characters can have so many or different variations compared to throws and distortion drives (Which are much easier to tell). I might have to go back to the older characters again just to check on that later.
#739  November 12, 2021, 04:02:30 pm
    • Vietnam
Alright here's something I've found on Shana's Shinpan no Hien.
If Hien makes contact with enemy's projectile, it can only strike once, twice or maybe thrice depends on the opponent's distance.
https://streamable.com/jbovrg

Compare with Jin's Touga Hyojin, the Arctic Dagger would be striking up to six or seven times depends on the opponent's size.
https://streamable.com/7meq1r

I took a look at both cns files and found this in Jin's:
Code:
[State 1102]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = movecontact = 1
var(10) = 1

I also found this in Shana's:
Code:
[State 2001, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = Movecontact
v = 19
value = 1
ignorehitpause = 0

This makes me confused for a little bit because I have no idea whether it should be Movecontact = 1 or just Movecontact ?

Yu & Izanagi = Kyosuke Munakata & Juzo Sakakura (Danganronpa 3)
Saya = Sachiko Shinozaki (Corpse Party)
Shana = Kotonoha Katsura (School Days)

Those ideas are pretty interesting for me, so I decide to give them a try. Hopefully they aren't too bad.
#740  November 13, 2021, 05:16:32 am
    • USA
So it seems that there are a lot of specials/force breaks on characters do show the wrong attribute flag as I expected (Most show up as V, but it's possible that some can show a different flag such a H or a rope). As there will be a lot of characters to cover, this will be pretty long list and hopefully I don't miss one single character. I'll also add a few not related feedback just for the heck of it if any:

Ruby:
-Buzzsaw Blast (Just the blast projectile itself).
-Guillotine

Mika:
-Mika Tornado
-Mika Twister (Both ground and air)

Ragna:
-Hell's Fang and it's follow up.
-Gauntlet Hades and it's follow up (Both ground and air).
-Nightmare Edge and it's follow up.
-The follow up of EX Dead Spike and Seed of Tartarus (Also a typo on the readme).
-Blood Scythe (Both ground and air).

Mai:
-Suzuran and Suzuran: Dipper.
-Both normal and EX versions of Himeyuri and Himeyuri: Dipper.
-Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm

Azrael:
-Gustaf Buster
-Tiger Magnum, Cobra Strike and Leopard Launcher.
-Growler Field
-Phalnax Cannon (Also a typo on the readme).
-Valiant Crash and Charge.
-Hornet Bunker and Chaser.

Wagner:
-Both normal and EX versions of Der Kinnhaken.
-Not related, but the strong ground shockwave on EX Kugel Blitz could be slightly lower to the ground.

Waldstein:
-Both normal versions of Verdenben shows as an S, but the EX version is a rope (It's a special, not a throw).

Robo-Weiss:
-Dimensionsrakete
-Gletscherstrom
-The B version of Ich Glaube Nicht.

Kirby:
-Hammer Bash (Both ground and air)
-Hammer Flip
-Smash Kick
-Final Cutter
-Blizzard Hammer (Only when the opponent is hit by the hammer itself for the last hit, not the ice).
-Ninja Kick
-The strong ground shockwave on Hammer Swing could be slightly lower.
-trigger41 of Ice is a typo and is supposed to be "Iai Arthur" (First letter supposed to be I, not L).

If it's alright, might as well add another list of copy abilities for two games even though I promised not to because I didn't know he would need one. It will be a small one this time there's only a few characters in them. The two will be Them's Fightin' Herds and the original fangame, My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic (Some can share since they're based off each other, but some may have to be changed for variation purposes):
Feel free to make changes as usual.

Misaka:
-Electro Fencer

Kuroko:
-Both normal and Super Sexy Teleport

Es:
-Type: Assaulter "Erec" (However, this shows as a rope so not sure if this flag is intentional)

As there are so many to test, I'll have to push part 2 to another post and will get back to the next one.

I haven't done much M.U.G.E.N for a while, but this really has kept me busy for quite some time. From now on, I will be testing the specials and force breaks as well, not just the throws and distortion drives only. I didn't want to do them at first as I knew it will take much longer due to the amount of variations each of them can do as they may have an extra hit or can be done in the air. But for perfection's sake, it will be worth it.

Those ideas are pretty interesting for me, so I decide to give them a try. Hopefully they aren't too bad.
I never considered that as a request, but it makes me shocked of how surprisingly accurate those palettes are and almost resembles those characters. I hope OHMSBY adds these to their respective Extra Palettes folder. Guess you could think of this as a thanks for helping you out with that Miyuki portrait.
Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:19:59 am by ZolidSone