YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4932607 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Quick Update for 14 Characters (04/17/22)
#901  April 17, 2022, 11:09:27 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA

I'm actually making another stage specifically as a companion piece for my next character after Merkava, so keep an eye out for that.
Oooh, I’ll be looking forward to that. I was actually kinda wondering if you were ever going to make more stages in the future, so this will be a nice surprise.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#902  April 18, 2022, 06:10:32 pm
    • USA
Do you ever intend on making a Skullgirls character?
#903  April 19, 2022, 06:01:47 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Probably, yeah.
#904  April 19, 2022, 01:13:47 pm
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, how's it been? Did you have a good Easter or a just a good weekend? Also since your creating a new stage to accompany the next character, what's it like to create a stage? Its it more complex then creating a character and what was your inspiration for the first stage you did, the Astral Birth: Void stage? And if you don't mind me asking, is it possible that you could give us a hint of what the stage is or would that be too much and ruin the surprise of what the next character is?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#905  April 20, 2022, 06:08:09 am
    • USA
Also since your creating a new stage to accompany the next character, what's it like to create a stage? Its it more complex then creating a character

Making stages is much easier since there's a lot less things to worry about compared to making a character.

what was your inspiration for the first stage you did, the Astral Birth: Void stage?

I was playing around with the idea of giving certain characters Unlimited modes akin to Blazblue. Kirby's unlimited mode had him recolored to resemble Void (the true final boss of Star Allies) similar to how Nu-13 was Lambda-11's unlimited mode in Continuum Shift. I wanted a stage to go along with that Unlimited mode and ended up making it myself.

And if you don't mind me asking, is it possible that you could give us a hint of what the stage is or would that be too much and ruin the surprise of what the next character is?

The fact that it's a companion piece for my next character is the only hint I'm going to give. However, you will be able to see the stage in the teaser at the end of the Merkava video that I'm going to have upload sometime this week.
#906  April 20, 2022, 06:24:21 am
    • USA

I was playing around with the idea of giving certain characters Unlimited modes akin to Blazblue. Kirby's unlimited mode had him recolored to resemble Void (the true final boss of Star Allies) similar to how Nu-13 was Lambda-11's unlimited mode in Continuum Shift. I wanted a stage to go along with that Unlimited mode and ended up making it myself.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing this idea become a thing fully sometime in the future. It does sound pretty fun in terms of how you'd tackle some characters' Unlimited Modes, though that would probably have to be limited to their 12th palettes only, or just have them be separate versions you can download altogether.
#907  April 22, 2022, 08:15:22 pm
    • USA
Is there any sort of template that I could use to make this type of playstyle for characters?
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Merkava Released (04/17/22)
#908  April 25, 2022, 03:46:02 am
    • USA
#909  April 25, 2022, 04:17:52 am
    • USA

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:31:59 am by Solid Snivy
#910  April 25, 2022, 04:59:11 am
    • USA

#911  April 25, 2022, 10:13:39 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I'm back with the feedback for the other characters mostly regarding the debug errors. While I was checking out the rest, I also happened to find more of them missed on the previous ones (Which I didn't noticed previously as I only focused on the throws on P2 side mostly and conveniently encountered them at the time):

Goredau:
-Soul Exodus causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

Azrael:
-Black Hawk Stinger and Patriot Apocalypse causes negative spark animo ignored debug errors.

Kokonoe:
-Crime of Greed V.100 causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

Tager:
-The landing and walking dusts share the palfx (I just noticed this recently when I dodged after landing on the ground).

Saya:
-Her special intro with Charlotte causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

Susano'o:
-Megalith causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.
-Flashing when NOY is activated causes an illegal removetime for explod debug error.
-Roar of the Mad King causes a negative spark animo ignored debug error.

Heart:
-Super Amazing Iron Fist Punch of Love when she summons Partinias causes a negative spark animo ignored debug error.

Es:
-Type: Exterminator "Artorius" causes a negative spark animo ignored debug error.

Jin:
-Rengoku Hyouya has negative spark animo ignored on the startup and when it connects, it has a no target with hit id -1 debug errors.

Charlotte:
-Her special intro with Saya and Kasekuchen causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.
-Speaking about Kasekuchen, the strong ground shockwave when the cake hits the ground should be layered in front.

Thief:
-The helpers on 5AAAA, 5C, jC, 2C, Whirlwind and Twin/Quad Daggers causes has no 1-th nearest enemy debug errors when they successfully hit the opponent.

Lambda-11:
-The 5AAAA Sword causes an expression truncated to integer debug error.

Lina:
-Deletion causes a negative spark animo ignored debug error.

Carmine:
-You Shit! This Is The End! causes expression truncated to integer debug errors.

Shana:
-EX Hien causes specified negative recovertime debug errors when used 4 times simultaneously.

King K. Rool:
-Kannon Ball Kalamity causes expression truncated to integer debug errors each time a Kannon Ball hits the ground.

Pyra:
-Purifying Flame causes a expression truncated to integer debug error.

I wouldn't have known about these debug errors if debug mode wasn't on. That's why it's so easy to miss these. What also surprised me that Saya and Charlotte have debug errors when the special intros played against each other. I have not checked that part since it would take me longer to find what intros they have without looking at the files. They just happen to be close to each other on my roster organization when I got to them.

Edit: Added Shana thinking it was not possible to get the debug error in versus mode with finite meter, but turns out you still can.

This sounds like something that you'll have to mess around with mugen.cfg to fix. you may want to start with HelperMax, LayeredSpriteMax, and SpriteDecompressionBufferSize.
These are the numbers set on the mugen.cfg using the MICA Final Version Edition 1.0 screenpack and I don't believe I have touched them other than the screen's width and height:
HelperMax = 56
LayeredSpriteMax = 2048
SpriteDecompressionBufferSize = 16384

Do you think they need to be any bigger? I left them as is as I didn't want to accidentally mess with anything on the screenpack.

Probably, yeah.
I too look forward who it is, but the only slight problem would be the sprites which I heard they are very large in file size (Even bigger than your SSBU renders in gigabytes) and need to be heavily compressed.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:52:42 pm by ZolidSone
#912  April 25, 2022, 12:32:25 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Spoiler: And my next character is... (click to see content)

Bruh, your first boss char and
Its freakin Marx! XD
Gotta like the stage too, it's like a mixture of both Super Stars and SSBUs stage, doesn't it?

I wouldn't have known about these debug errors if debug mode wasn't on. That's why it's so easy to miss these.

Furthermore, Some debug errors even depend on what engine you're using, (IKEMEN GO as well, but these debug errors are mainly just sound not found errors which I know most if not all chars still have this. Not sure if its a big deal now, but I thought I spill this in.)

I did remember Shantaes Scimitar causing a few errors in 1.1, but not in 1.0.

I too look forward who it is, but the only slight problem would be the sprites which I heard they are very large in file size (Even bigger than your SSBU renders in gigabytes) and need to be heavily compressed.

Although Dronekillers Fillia seems to be only being 20 MB in her sff file, Which is good. 2.0.0.0 version of sprites btw
So with some good compression, they could be kinda light. (Big band is what you need to be afraid of tho :P.)
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 01:09:33 pm by Vocalnoid
#913  April 25, 2022, 02:41:34 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
Merkava has a same error as Jin, Hyde, and Ky, that you can't do I, Persistently Cling after (Yugusic's) Uzuki deflects it.
#914  April 25, 2022, 10:23:19 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
pls tell me Marx will have a astral finish
#915  April 26, 2022, 02:32:48 am
    • USA
I'm back with the feedback for the other characters mostly regarding the debug errors. While I was checking out the rest, I also happened to find more of them missed on the previous ones (Which I didn't noticed previously as I only focused on the throws on P2 side mostly and conveniently encountered them at the time):

Merkava has a same error as Jin, Hyde, and Ky, that you can't do I, Persistently Cling after (Yugusic's) Uzuki deflects it.

All fixed.

These are the numbers set on the mugen.cfg using the MICA Final Version Edition 1.0 screenpack and I don't believe I have touched them other than the screen's width and height:
HelperMax = 56
LayeredSpriteMax = 2048
SpriteDecompressionBufferSize = 16384

Do you think they need to be any bigger? I left them as is as I didn't want to accidentally mess with anything on the screenpack.

Increasing HelperMax won't do anything since it is already at its maximum value. SpriteDecompressionBufferSize should probably remain as is, increasing it by too much may make the engine run slower. You should be safe to increase LayeredSpriteMax by an amount that you see fit, and doing so will not affect the screenpack in any way.

Gotta like the stage too, it's like a mixture of both Super Stars and SSBUs stage, doesn't it?

Precisely. It's a recreation of his KSS stage using assets from his SSBU stage.

pls tell me Marx will have a astral finish

It's going to work very differently from all the rest, but he will have one.
#916  April 26, 2022, 02:58:54 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
holy shit marx!! is he gonna be playable or is he boss-only?
#917  April 26, 2022, 06:27:33 am
    • USA
He's specifically designed to be an AI controlled Boss, but he will be playable.
#918  April 29, 2022, 06:34:04 am
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, where does this model of Marx come from? Did he come from Kirby All Star Allies(KASA) or Smash Ultimate? Can't tell because the his base form reminds me of how he looks in KASA, but his boss form looks like it could be from either Ultimate or KASA. Also how will this little guy play like? Will he fight normally until his health reaches a certain point and he turns into his boss form? Or will he start in his boss form and he'll then change into his regular when you do enough damage to him?
 And here's a hypothetical question: If you were to ever make a Sol Badguy in a BBTAG style, would he have enough voice clips for a special intro with your version of Ragna like Ky Kiske has with Jin Kisaragi?
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:40:09 am by Little Fox: Tres Truenos
#919  April 29, 2022, 10:07:16 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Hey OHMSBY, where does this model of Marx come from? Did he come from Kirby All Star Allies(KASA) or Smash Ultimate? Can't tell because the his base form reminds me of how he looks in KASA, but his boss form looks like it could be from either Ultimate or KASA. Also how will this little guy play like? Will he fight normally until his health reaches a certain point and he turns into his boss form? Or will he start in his boss form and he'll then change into his regular when you do enough damage to him?
the model(s) is from SSBU, you can tell because he looks dead inside. :V

Also OHSMBY stated that Marx will only be in his boss form. Best used as an AI controlled character, and once his health is at Zero in the final round (round 2, 3, or depending on your fight.def settings) He returns to normal leaving with a choice to hit him once more with any move that you desire to use.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#920  May 01, 2022, 03:35:37 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
He's specifically designed to be an AI controlled Boss, but he will be playable.

That sounds cool. What plans do you have for his boss-like status in terms of mechanics?
I saw that apparently, he doesn't have the Burst icon anywhere, so I'm assuming he can't use Burst/Ultra Burst, but what about stuff like dodging, EX Moves, regular supers, etc?