YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1230801 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Yuri and Pocket Shin Gouki added)
#221  March 20, 2022, 06:45:28 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Off topic, I think pots needs a character vote system. The next fighter, we want him to bring to life. We the original og pots style, with some new flavor.lol Now who’s down with me, on that tip.lol
#222  March 20, 2022, 07:32:22 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Off topic, I think pots needs a character vote system. The next fighter, we want him to bring to life. We the original og pots style, with some new flavor.lol Now who’s down with me, on that tip.lol

For starters, you gotta ask if pots is down with that.

lui

#223  March 20, 2022, 10:09:45 am
    • USA

no.

let him do what he wants. he has clearly stated he only wants to do character updates.
#224  March 20, 2022, 03:50:36 pm
    • Brazil
He said already that he isn't sure if he'd make a character from scratch. Also, even if he wanted to do it, what makes you think he'd just make one that people want instead of something that he wanted himself? This isn't a request thread, its about the updates to his old characters, keep on topic.
#225  March 20, 2022, 07:50:44 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I could make it alter her trajectory instead of allowing some followups, but that might be less fun and more turtley. Will dwell on it.
In the end I changed Raiouken to that. It just feels better, even if it becomes more defensive. EX version keeps her jump arc.

This is not a democracy. :8):

I don't know yet. It's hard to feel excited about making a character when people have already converted almost everything to my style. Even if you don't like X or Y versions of a character, there would be little gain in making it again.
I'd probably want to do something different. Or not, who knows.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#226  March 20, 2022, 08:10:54 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I tried to perform her Yuri Chou Enbu, but it doesn't seem to work for some reason.
This is fate.
#227  March 20, 2022, 09:06:21 pm
    • Portugal
I changed it to QCF QCF KK

Several people are mentioning that. I wonder if I should change it back. Maybe the other changes I did to it already accomplish what I wanted.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#228  March 21, 2022, 02:32:37 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Oh, by the way, I saw you posted some code for removing the stun mechanic earlier in the thread. Maybe you can put it in the first post? You could also show how to remove the movelists, for old farts like me who prefer "the good old days".

Can't say I expected Pocket Gouki to get updated, lmao. Makes me wonder what treatment RareKuma will get. Do you have any plans for the Reu trio, since you edited them in the past? (Not that they need anything, I guess, although who knows, maybe there are small issues I don't know about. Up to you.)
#229  March 21, 2022, 03:50:57 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Were you trying to do that because it's a gimmick in some KOF by the way? I could add it.
Well no, or at least not as far as I am aware, but at the moment it just seemed like I'd be appropriate in a Capcom setting. Like if Yuri was an Alpha character I could see kara canceling that move to add transfer the momentum to shokoken or chou upper.

SNT

#230  March 21, 2022, 07:07:25 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Well damn. He's back. Good to see you, man.
#231  March 21, 2022, 11:19:20 am
    • Portugal
Oh, by the way, I saw you posted some code for removing the stun mechanic earlier in the thread. Maybe you can put it in the first post? You could also show how to remove the movelists, for old farts like me who prefer "the good old days".
I think that'd just be encouraging people to disable it. ;P
I'm toying with the idea of a config file so we'll see. I don't think said file would allow you to disable the movelist, though, since there's already no way you'll see it by accident.

Can't say I expected Pocket Gouki to get updated, lmao.
I have a love/hate relationship with Pocket Gouki because it's the first character I finished, but that also means I wrote most of the code in high school... It's fine for the player, but I can't help but feel it needs to be recoded. I'm sure other coders can relate.

Makes me wonder what treatment RareKuma will get.
It's the most ironic update ever because I only did bug fixes.

Do you have any plans for the Reu trio, since you edited them in the past? (Not that they need anything, I guess, although who knows, maybe there are small issues I don't know about. Up to you.)
Only if people found serious bugs. It was never my intention to take custody of those characters (I didn't upload them myself to my site, I guess people just needed them mirrored) and I already did what I promised to Reu.

Well no, or at least not as far as I am aware, but at the moment it just seemed like I'd be appropriate in a Capcom setting. Like if Yuri was an Alpha character I could see kara canceling that move to add transfer the momentum to shokoken or chou upper.
I think adding more properties to En Yoku could break it since it's already a long range hop over lows. I could see kara-cancelling into Saifa for instance being useful, but that was before I extended its range like I did yesterday. ;P In fact I made a few ninja changes that will make her a lot stronger in the right hands.

Well damn. He's back. Good to see you, man.
Thanks. :)

I'm sure someone will hate me for this, but I think Charlie has too many super moves. I might split them between both modes like this:

CHARLIE

Level 1
.Sonic Break:           (charge) B, F, B, F, p
.Crossfire Blitz:       (charge) B, F, B, F, k
.Moonsault Strike:      D, DF, F, D, DF, F, k (Air)

Level 2
.Somersault Justice:    (charge) DB, DF, DB, U, k

Level 3
.Sonic Blade:           (charge) B, F, B, F, pp

SHADOW

Level 1
.Sonic Break:           D, DF, F, D, DF, F, p
.Reverse Sommersault:   D, DB, B, D, DB, B, k
.Moonsault Strike:      D, DF, F, D, DF, F, k (Air)

Level 2
.Crossfire Blitz (MvC): D, DF, F, D, DF, F, KK

Level 3
.Final Mission:         D, DF, F, D, DF, F, pp

Previously only the Level 3 was different between modes.
Oh and as you may have noticed, I made Shadow not need charging (with a defense penalty).
#232  March 21, 2022, 11:39:13 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I have a love/hate relationship with Pocket Gouki because it's the first character I finished, but that also means I wrote most of the code in high school... It's fine for the player, but I can't help but feel it needs to be recoded. I'm sure other coders can relate.

I do kinda wish you'd revisit your MvC style. I feel teased by the fact it's only on 1 char and I'd be curious to see how you'd handle the likes of Marvel's characters.

On the topic of Charlie losing charges for Shadow, do or did you consider giving him some SFV stuff?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#233  March 21, 2022, 03:20:56 pm
    • Portugal
I do kinda wish you'd revisit your MvC style. I feel teased by the fact it's only on 1 char and I'd be curious to see how you'd handle the likes of Marvel's characters.
I actually did a couple of ventures into MvC characters but never released anything. The most complete one was another Shin Akuma (based on Cyber Akuma data) and it was actually turning into one of my most fun chars ever. If I did another character, that style would be a good candidate.

On the topic of Charlie losing charges for Shadow, do or did you consider giving him some SFV stuff?
No. Sorry. SFA and SF5 versions are completely different so it'd be more work than I can handle. Karin is on the same boat.

The charge loss is actually one of the oldest changes I did, around the time I retired. He had two command files and two modes, so I thought why not make things simpler.

Back to SF5 though, am I the only one to notice the similarities between that version and my char? I mean, EX Moonsault is one of my supers, and his Critical Art is two of my original moves rolled up into one.
#234  March 21, 2022, 03:50:36 pm
    • Brazil
You're one of the most renowned MUGEN creators, it wouldn't surprise me if a Capcom dev played your chars and got some ideas from your Charlie.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Morrigan added)
#235  March 22, 2022, 05:49:39 pm
    • Portugal
I have the week off from work so I'd like to progress a good bit in these updates. Expect several releases. Probably. Another one:

Morrigan:
- Aimed for more of a Darkstalkers feel
- May have made her too strong :8):
#236  March 22, 2022, 06:11:16 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
That update looks cool that it said for Morrigan: "Red Bat gives you wings"
That Red Bull references. : )
#237  March 22, 2022, 06:18:34 pm
    • Vietnam
Do you planned to re-release Ken this time? I remember you have released Ken and Violent Ken but take down them before.
#238  March 22, 2022, 06:35:26 pm
    • UK
Good effort but I think there's a bit of weirdness with her:
- Do you not have any other ideas for special intros?
- I can't seem to jump from Ecstatic Climb like you stated.
- Is Parasite Spin a custom take on it? I remember her leaping slightly as opposed to spinning straight forward.
- EX Vector Drain doesn't seem worthwhile because I think it could do with (at least) startup invincibility or the added ability to combo into it.
- You accidentally kept Air Soul Phoenix as its own thing in the Readme.
- Air Darkness Illusion only requires 1 bar as opposed to 2. I also feel like it should be done with 2K because I've been doing it on accident at times. It's still clever that you used the original CvS2 variant for a weaker version instead of the extended one.
- I know it's an unblockable projectile, but I feel like Eternal Slumber could use a speck more damage (just about going into the 300s).
- Dark Force still consumes 3 bars. I think Lei-Lei does that as well.
- No Pursuit Attack for her like you did with Lei-Lei? I can get by the lack of it since she (was) closer to the CvS variant, but it would be nice for consistency.
WIP Schedule:
#239  March 22, 2022, 07:07:32 pm
    • Portugal
Thanks.

Do you planned to re-release Ken this time? I remember you have released Ken and Violent Ken but take down them before.
I never did release Ken. Someone (I never knew or cared who) leaked the char, and then it was finished by JMorphman and I guess other people throughout the years. You may be thinking about that.

Would you mind elaborating, or do you mean the things in your list?

- Do you not have any other ideas for special intros?
Those aren't really part of my plans for these updates.

It has to connect. It might be her biggest buff because you can use that cancel to combo after a chain combo or just go into a reset.

- Is Parasite Spin a custom take on it? I remember her leaping slightly as opposed to spinning straight forward.
Yeah. That move is exclusive to Lilith. I added it because JustNoPoint made the sprites a million years ago and they were unused.
I gave it very different physics from Lilith so it's not just copy pasted.

- EX Vector Drain doesn't seem worthwhile because I think it could do with (at least) startup invincibility or the added ability to combo into it.
It just has extra range and damage. Easy to miss, but EX throws are often just that. I feel that making it better could make her a grappler.

- Air Darkness Illusion only requires 1 bar as opposed to 2. I also feel like it should be done with 2K because I've been doing it on accident at times. It's still clever that you used the original CvS2 variant for a weaker version instead of the extended one.
Thanks. I'll think about making it KK. If nothing else it'd be more consistent with the other moves.

- I know it's an unblockable projectile, but I feel like Eternal Slumber could use a speck more damage (just about going into the 300s).
Forgot to adjust it to the new damage scaling. It's going to happen every now and then and I thank you for pointing it out.

- Dark Force still consumes 3 bars. I think Lei-Lei does that as well.
Fixed (both).

- No Pursuit Attack for her like you did with Lei-Lei? I can get by the lack of it since she (was) closer to the CvS variant, but it would be nice for consistency.
I have it in my to-do list but am feeling really lazy about it. I think I'm reaching update burnout.

#240  March 22, 2022, 07:26:44 pm
    • UK
Would you mind elaborating, or do you mean the things in your list?

That was just my introduction to the feedback.

It has to connect. It might be her biggest buff because you can use that cancel to combo after a chain combo or just go into a reset.

Ah. It was trying to input the jump after the hit as opposed to during it. I think it would be a good idea to increased the cancel window a bit to maybe a frame or so after the hitframes.

I have it in my to-do list but am feeling really lazy about it. I think I'm reaching update burnout.

Damn. I actually have the same thing happen to me at times.
Sometimes I even have the tendency to scratch something off my to-do list even though I didn't actually add or change it.  :confused:
WIP Schedule: