YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1208044 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Karin added)
#281  April 04, 2022, 08:41:35 pm
Not really gameplay related, but once you get to Cammy, I would suggest changing her voice to something newer then CVS2 and SFA, preferably SF4 (like Jmorphman did with his Guile). You can always keep the old ones as a bonus (like Jmorphman did).
#282  April 04, 2022, 09:57:00 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Yeah but CvS2 Guile had a particularly bad (yet memorable) case of bad English. The voice on my Cammy is mostly from the Marvel series, with a native speaker acting her, and I kind of like it. It also reinforces the idea that it's the Shadaloo Cammy and not the later one.

@extravagant: I was playing around and noticed that the inputs in my chars are actually lenient enough to pull off forward roll into charged super consistently, if that still matters. Just do (charge) B, F+a+x, B, F, punch/kick. Not as easy as with the back roll disabled, though, of course.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#283  April 04, 2022, 09:57:24 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Not really gameplay related, but once you get to Cammy, I would suggest changing her voice to something newer then CVS2 and SFA, preferably SF4 (like Jmorphman did with his Guile). You can always keep the old ones as a bonus (like Jmorphman did).
To be clear, that's not exactly an accurate assessment of my Guile. Not only is the SFIV voicepack not the default, but it also wasn't even made by me. The SFIV voice is the bonus, not the older ones.

I picked one of the oldest Guile voice sets (Alpha 3) as the default because I liked it the most. I also made a CvS2 soundpack as an option because the siren call of the gratuitous Engrish was too much for me to resist. Someone else made the SFIV soundpack and I included it inside the character as an option because why not.

In the case of Cammy: this version of Cammy is specifically Killer Bee, and I do not think it makes sense to use voices from the Delta Red incarnation at all. It would also be pretty weird to use pre-SFIV voices for every character except Cammy.
#284  April 05, 2022, 12:10:54 am
To be clear, that's not exactly an accurate assessment of my Guile. Not only is the SFIV voicepack not the default, but it also wasn't even made by me. The SFIV voice is the bonus, not the older ones.

My bad, when I heard Guile's voice and noticed, that it wasn't from CVS2, I jumped to the conclusion that it must've been from SF4.

Anyhow, I guess SF4 voicepack for Cammy as a bonus would've been nice. Yes, I am aware, that there's one already made, but I don't know, it it's going to be compaitable after an update and having it prepackaged (given permission) would be good, incase the link will die (it's from 2009!).

SNT

#285  April 05, 2022, 12:33:41 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Someone else made the SFIV soundpack and I included it inside the character as an option because why not.
I think it was me..? I know I'd ripped the voice files for SFIV, and I'd converted a couple of characters' worth, just can't remember if Guile was one of them. I know for sure I'd done Cammy for PotS.
#286  April 05, 2022, 05:07:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The readme says it was Froz, but even if you held a gun to my head I wouldn't have been able to remember at all on my own.

SNT

#287  April 05, 2022, 08:56:23 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Froz rings a bell. I know a couple other people helped with the ripping, and I certainly wasn't the only one who made a soundpack from them.
#288  April 05, 2022, 10:18:05 am
what happened to froz anyway , he just disappeared.
#289  April 06, 2022, 11:53:40 am
It me again, the grab-stickler; wanna point out Karin's Abise Yashiro Kuzushi air throw only tosses her opponent in front of her. The side-switching version is missing.

I dunno if this joke will get old real fast with everyone else, but would you consider looping Karin's haughty laugh if the player holds the taunt button? Because imma tell you right now, I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that lol

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#290  April 06, 2022, 06:41:18 pm
    • Portugal
It me again, the grab-stickler; wanna point out Karin's Abise Yashiro Kuzushi air throw only tosses her opponent in front of her. The side-switching version is missing.
Ah, so that was why my old self allowed that throw to be performed with either punches or kicks. In SFA3 punches throw in front, and kicks throw behind, but now I messed it up. Will fix it.

I dunno if this joke will get old real fast with everyone else, but would you consider looping Karin's haughty laugh if the player holds the taunt button? Because imma tell you right now, I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that lol
Even thinking about it is annoying. ;D
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#291  April 06, 2022, 07:19:35 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
Even thinking about it is annoying. ;D

Oh I know about it. I just made a demonstration for some example.  :mlol: https://streamable.com/sudml4
#292  April 07, 2022, 02:34:10 am
Not sure if intentional but I noticed that sometimes when Sakura does her EX air tatsu she uses her intro sound bite.
Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 02:40:07 am by PeXXeR
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Nash added)
#293  April 09, 2022, 03:12:22 pm
    • Portugal
It was supposed to work the same as the non-EX version, but I made a typo in the sound code. Thanks for pointing it out.

Added Nash to the updates folder. Like Yuri this char felt a bit weird. Should be better now.
#294  April 09, 2022, 04:02:58 pm
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#295  April 09, 2022, 05:06:23 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
TBH, I did find a thing for that small time of playing around with him I had.
-"FInal Mission" doesn't trigger Super K.O. effect.
I'll try to see him more in-depth later. Keep going!
#296  April 09, 2022, 05:36:20 pm
    • Portugal
#297  April 09, 2022, 08:48:48 pm
Added Nash to the updates folder. Like Yuri this char felt a bit weird. Should be better now.

Cool, I guess.

Man, whats with your posts being all weird and shit ? are you doing this on purpose to annoy people ?

As for the Nash update, damn he feels great.

Again not sure if intentional but shadow Nash cant use the flash kick and uses the easy CMD as a default.
Scratch that, Im stupid.

Im so happy someone actually used that running animation for him, yeah I know its Guile but it makes sense as Nash thought Guile everything he knows.
Even makes fun of him needing two hands to do the sonic boom.

One thing I have wanted to ask you though, when you have an OP in the corner and I super jump with one of your chars, it pushes the OP out of the corner.

Can I ask you, as it has been a long time since I've played the source games, was is like that in CVS/KOF ?

Edit:

I just started messing around with Morrigan as well.

I really dig the updates, however there is something i dunno if its on my end but her inputs are a bit weird.
When I do a keyboard shortcut lets say FWD DWN and Back and I press 2 punch buttons I get her EX dragon punch and it comes out everytime like that not mashing or anything just a smooth press.

Ryu and Dan are also the same, I have not tested the rest though.

May I also suggest moving the super pause orb on one of her fists ?
It just looks weird down there.

Thanks for the updates.
Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 01:40:33 am by PeXXeR
#298  April 10, 2022, 10:58:08 am
    • Portugal
One thing I have wanted to ask you though, when you have an OP in the corner and I super jump with one of your chars, it pushes the OP out of the corner.

Can I ask you, as it has been a long time since I've played the source games, was is like that in CVS/KOF ?
In SF4 you could crossup in the corners, which is still pretty unusual. I thought it'd be fun to give that ability to high jumps so they have more practical applications.
However I'm not married to the idea or anything. It's one of those experiments I like to make.

I really dig the updates, however there is something i dunno if its on my end but her inputs are a bit weird.
When I do a keyboard shortcut lets say FWD DWN and Back and I press 2 punch buttons I get her EX dragon punch and it comes out everytime like that not mashing or anything just a smooth press.

Ryu and Dan are also the same, I have not tested the rest though.
Are you using Ikemen? I added some modern shortcuts to DP motions, but there's an issue with Ikemen's input processing that breaks them.
Since those shortcuts have little benefit in Mugen and a negative impact in Ikemen, I will probably remove them.

May I also suggest moving the super pause orb on one of her fists ?
It just looks weird down there.
It looks misaligned at first glance, but if you look carefully at her DP animation you'll see that she's turning her wings into a blade, hence placing it on her wings.

Thanks for the feedback.
#299  April 11, 2022, 12:27:29 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Looks like a pretty good update for Nash, for the most part, even if I still have to get used to some of the changes.

However, I'm not a fan of not being able to have uf as the final direction for the Reversed Somersault super, as Crossfire Blitz will then come out instead (fortunately, their lv2 versions don't suffer from the same problem).
#300  April 11, 2022, 02:48:55 am
    • Brazil
Found a little bug on Morrigan:

I don't know if this happens with other characters, but it seems that when the enemy is under a certain amount of health, instead of keeping the enemy with like 1 HP so that the finishing blow ends it, Darkness Illusion (both versions) keep them with more health and the finishing blow doesn't manage to bring their health to 0.