YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1207419 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates (Cammy and Honda added)
#361  May 01, 2022, 09:40:14 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Vega, Yuri
[...]
Only these two can't make a high jump because the above code isn't in -3 statedef.

Lei-Lei

Library error message: Died parsing ifelse(stateno = 11, command != "rlsdir", 1)

The above error is displayed because the command "rlsdir" is not registered.
If you register the command, it will be solved.
:omg:
Fixed and reuploaded.
Sorry about that. I messed up at some point while adding the code to everyone. I think the first one happened to Vega and Yuri because they're the last ones alphabetically.

Hey PotS! How do we add the excel bar to the updated characters? Thank you for all your work!
Sorry but there's no easy way about it. You'd have to copy the sprites and code from some char who has it and then modify it a bit.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#362  May 04, 2022, 07:53:50 pm
    • USA
Gee. I sure noticed you're back already POTS. Anyways, I suggest Rare Akuma to defeat Dark Donald in a final blow somehow (if you take suggestions for the character).
#363  May 04, 2022, 10:17:35 pm
    • Mexico
Hello pots, in ikemen go the special intros of several of them have errors in the tag mode when it is the second, third and fourth character.

Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:18:37 pm by xerf84
#364  May 04, 2022, 10:23:54 pm
    • Mexico
Some hits mark the spark in P2, even if the parry has been executed well and I do not know if it is very laborious that they have the sfiii system where the character each time he is executing the parry, he goes back slightly. Best regards.

Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 11:19:46 pm by xerf84
#365  May 05, 2022, 07:36:36 pm
    • Portugal
Gee. I sure noticed you're back already POTS. Anyways, I suggest Rare Akuma to defeat Dark Donald in a final blow somehow (if you take suggestions for the character).
You mean that character is unkillable? I don't really feel like tracking down all the cheap characters made in the last decade just so Rare Akuma can kill them. ;P He's more fun to use against normal chars anyway.

Hello pots, in ikemen go the special intros of several of them have errors in the tag mode when it is the second, third and fourth character.
Fixed, I think.

Some hits mark the spark in P2, even if the parry has been executed well
This one seems to be an issue with Ikemen. In Mugen it counts as parry, but in Ikemen it counts as if the move hit so you still get a spark.

Thanks for these. I'd like my chars to be 100% compatible with Ikemen so this is helpful.

I do not know if it is very laborious that they have the sfiii system where the character each time he is executing the parry, he goes back slightly. Best regards.
I considered this at one point. But CvS2 was made after SF3, so I thought Capcom might have changed that for a good reason.
But I'll think about it again.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#366  May 06, 2022, 08:47:29 am
    • Mexico
#367  May 12, 2022, 01:13:19 am
    • Mexico
The readme says it was Froz, but even if you held a gun to my head I wouldn't have been able to remember at all on my own.

Jmorphman: Your Ken have an error, the hadouken ex (2 hits), can be repelled by the normal hadouken.
#368  May 12, 2022, 01:16:21 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Hey xerf, I think it might be better to contact Jmorphman directly regarding that. He's less likely to see your feedback in another creator's thread.
#369  May 12, 2022, 01:39:45 am
    • Mexico
Hey xerf, I think it might be better to contact Jmorphman directly regarding that. He's less likely to see your feedback in another creator's thread.

You're right, heh.
Re: 2022 Character Updates (latest May 14th)
#370  May 14, 2022, 06:23:20 pm
    • Portugal
Some little updates for everyone. Mostly system updates and bug fixing. By popular demand, I added the super names to the finish screen for those that didn't have them.

I do not know if it is very laborious that they have the sfiii system where the character each time he is executing the parry, he goes back slightly.
Your wish has been granted! After trying it out for a bit I decided they have a bit more flair like that.
#371  May 15, 2022, 12:14:24 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
More updates are always nice, and I like the inclusion of the super names.

Personally though, I have to say that the chosen font looks a bit boring this time around.
This

doesn't quite have the same impact as this

in my opinion. But maybe that's just me.

Oh, there's another thing I meant to ask you: is there a reason for Morrigan's and Lei-Lei's slashing attacks to not cause blood effects on airborne opponents? No big deal, I'm just curious.
#372  May 15, 2022, 12:20:17 am
Something I noticed with evil ryu and master ryu ofc, after a low tatsu, you can connect only with a middle or fierce dragon punch but not the low one, it this on purpose ?
#373  May 15, 2022, 11:30:03 am
    • Portugal
Personally though, I have to say that the chosen font looks a bit boring this time around.
I understand that, but every now and then I like to give a different font a chance (my chars have what, 5 different fonts?). I think both inside and outside of Mugen Badaboom has been beaten into the ground a bit.

Oh, there's another thing I meant to ask you: is there a reason for Morrigan's and Lei-Lei's slashing attacks to not cause blood effects on airborne opponents? No big deal, I'm just curious.
That's one of those unintended consequences that have to be ironed out every time you add new code, hehe. Thanks for noticing. It's not a big deal but I think I'll soon update the files for the chars with blood effects.

Something I noticed with evil ryu and master ryu ofc, after a low tatsu, you can connect only with a middle or fierce dragon punch but not the low one, it this on purpose ?
Yeah. For moves that can juggle I like to make them juggle better with the stronger buttons.
#374  May 16, 2022, 12:16:30 am
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
I get that, and I didn't mean that you should have used the same font over and over. In fact, I like some of the more individual choices like what you've done for Honda. But okay.

On a less personal level, Pocket Shin Gouki's attacks don't do any damage. Yeah... :P
#375  May 16, 2022, 12:31:47 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I get that, and I didn't mean that you should have used the same font over and over. In fact, I like some of the more individual choices like what you've done for Honda. But okay.

On a less personal level, Pocket Shin Gouki's attacks don't do any damage. Yeah... :P

man, i was wondering if it was a glitch but yes, in vs mode he does absolutely no damage
#376  May 16, 2022, 07:35:46 am
    • Mexico
Some little updates for everyone. Mostly system updates and bug fixing. By popular demand, I added the super names to the finish screen for those that didn't have them.

I do not know if it is very laborious that they have the sfiii system where the character each time he is executing the parry, he goes back slightly.
Your wish has been granted! After trying it out for a bit I decided they have a bit more flair like that.

Thanks pots, I will try the updates, greetings.
#377  May 16, 2022, 09:19:22 am
    • Portugal
Fixed Pocket Shin Gouki. Sorry about that.
#378  May 16, 2022, 11:44:36 am
Yeah. For moves that can juggle I like to make them juggle better with the stronger buttons.

While I understand the logic, It kinda threw me off to be honest, I was like I guess they just don't chain but I tried it and I can follow up.

One more thing that irks me if I can put it that way, after the Evil Ryu SF4 kick same input as the normal ryu donkey kick, I can only super cancel to a hyper after a normal version but not the EX , this confuses my brain so much for some reason. its been very long since I played USF4 so I dont remember if this is accurate if its based on it in the first place.

For some reason my brain assumes I can super cancel after the EX kick as well, the only follow up I can think with the time I spent with E.Ryu is an EX dragon punch or a normal one after the EX kick.
Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:48:24 am by PeXXeR
#379  May 18, 2022, 03:52:00 pm
    • Portugal
One more thing that irks me if I can put it that way, after the Evil Ryu SF4 kick same input as the normal ryu donkey kick, I can only super cancel to a hyper after a normal version but not the EX , this confuses my brain so much for some reason.
It irks me too because that was unintentional, haha. It was previously a knockdown so I never made it super cancellable (in retrospect it should've been regardless of that). When I recently removed the knockdown property I forgot to make it cancellable. I never noticed it because you normally don't want to super cancel that move but rather link after it.

its been very long since I played USF4 so I dont remember if this is accurate if its based on it in the first place.
I think the starting point was Kage's frame data, but it's kind of my own thing by now. I changed the EX version because what makes the move fun to use is the links you get from it. With the new EX version you can easily get 3 in the same combo if you start from a roundhouse one.
#380  May 20, 2022, 11:07:40 pm
Ah I see, glad to hear its an oversight and not a design choice because it was doing my head in lol.

When I recently removed the knockdown property I forgot to make it cancellable. I never noticed it because you normally don't want to super cancel that move but rather link after it.

I like to mess around with chars and try everything and try to find the best combos I can, this is how it caught my attention.

Thanks man, looking forward to updates.