YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019) (Read 248415 times)

Started by GTOAkira, December 07, 2018, 05:29:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat 11 : PS4/PC/XBoxOne/Switch (April 23 2019)
#301  April 13, 2019, 08:23:27 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Johnny has the most creative fatals in this game.
#302  April 13, 2019, 11:59:19 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#303  April 14, 2019, 12:17:49 am
    • Brazil

RIP Mileena
#304  April 14, 2019, 12:26:50 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It's funny but it hurts as well. A part of me wishes that they didn't kill her in X, but man........
#305  April 14, 2019, 12:33:37 am
    • Brazil
It's funny but it hurts as well. A part of me wishes that they didn't kill her in X, but man........
A total waste, not only did it not help D'Vorah's popularity (Mileena and Baraka's death at her hands made people hate her a lot more than they should), but it also took Mileena out of the story when she finally left the whole "evil clone who wants to take the original's place" to a much more interesting civil war leader position. Basically they made her cooler and killed her. Also, I don't get why she would be left out in a game where time travel is taking place.
#306  April 14, 2019, 01:43:48 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
A total waste, not only did it not help D'Vorah's popularity (Mileena and Baraka's death at her hands made people hate her a lot more than they should), but it also took Mileena out of the story when she finally left the whole "evil clone who wants to take the original's place" to a much more interesting civil war leader position. Basically they made her cooler and killed her. Also, I don't get why she would be left out in a game where time travel is taking place.

Yeah, a part of me hates it because it sounds like she's getting the same treatment as Jacqui, but holding her off as DLC.
#307  April 15, 2019, 12:47:19 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'm pretty sure Mileena will end up as DLC. Shang Tsung and Shao Khan are both dead in the series but brought back as DLC, and the whole time travel thing. Mileena is a goldmine, or at least a veeery popular character NRS could easily profit off of.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#308  April 15, 2019, 12:49:45 am
    • Brazil
Don't expect Mileena to be DLC. I bet they already have plans for DLC, even if they're not finished, and its a waste to give that to Kitana for no reason if they were just to include Mileena later. MKX Kitana had a variation in which she had Jade's attacks because Jade was absent, in MK11 Kitana has Mileena stuff because Mileena will remain absent.
Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:11:31 am by Macaulyn97
#309  April 15, 2019, 09:53:10 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
OH GOD OH CRAP, you're right.....
#310  April 15, 2019, 11:52:58 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I need more PSN friends
#311  April 16, 2019, 12:09:35 am
meh...
they keep choosing the worst characters from the ps2 era video games to bring back (not that there were any good characters from that era to begin with). pretty much the only character from that era that is worth bringing back is zombie liu kang. they should bring him back as ermac's new body or something, i really liked him.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#312  April 16, 2019, 12:47:09 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That is a MUCH softer-looking Frost, especially in comparison to MKX's depiction being literal edge personified.  Would almost say she's one of the good guys if she wasn't a psychopath.

The eyebrows should have been frozen as well.  Complete the look.
#313  April 16, 2019, 01:31:37 am
    • Brazil
Possible frost leeks
https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/5003/mortal-kombat-11-mk11-leaks-frost-character-revealed/6

Edit:On how she looks i mean already knew she was going to be added
Spoiler: Better look here than opening a link (click to see content)

meh...
they keep choosing the worst characters from the ps2 era video games to bring back (not that there were any good characters from that era to begin with). pretty much the only character from that era that is worth bringing back is zombie liu kang. they should bring him back as ermac's new body or something, i really liked him.
Frost is far from being a bad addition, if anything she is one of those with most potential from that era, as well as being a highly requested character by the fanbase. Also, "Zombie Liu-Kang" is not a PS2 era character, he is just Liu Kang, its just one of the originals, which is already in the game, what exactly is so interesting about him as a zombie? Its literally a less interesting non-talking cliché version of Liu Kang. At least the revenant version made him actually evil for story purposes.

Also, it seems Shao Kahn has been accidentally shown too early, but since it comes from official sources, I can show it here:

One of his fatalities was also revealed, but not from official sources, and its been taken down from YouTube.
#314  April 16, 2019, 08:37:14 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Also, from some sources, it turns out that NRS is getting tired of the structure of how they work on games and want to make MK11 the turning point. By what I mean is working on the long game instead of just yearly updates, they keep on updating the game since there's going to be six DLC fighters, and probably have the same amount in "season 2". It kinda feels like how Capcom would handle Street Fighter 5 in a sense.  Now onto spoiler territory....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A part of me is kinda miffed on how they handled the female censorship, and gave a dumb reason why they did it, but at the same time the system in game feels really damn solid.
#315  April 16, 2019, 05:09:56 pm
    • Brazil
They're not "censoring" anything. Lets be real, here, the MK9 designs for females were ridiculous, all girls dressed like strippers, except, maybe, Sonya, and it didn't help that their side-butts were completely exposed with clothing damage. And that, on its own, wouldn't even be a problem in a more cartoon-like less serious universe, but we can't have all girls being strippers in the more serious universe of Mortal Kombat, nudity and sexyness could still happen, but in select cases, not in all of them: Mileena, for example, has a good reason for dressing in a sexy way, because she wants to keep attention away from her face, its always been her thing, but serious characters like Kitana and Jade? They may be badass, but it certainly breaks that image to have them almost losing their bikinis mid-match.

Hell, MKX did the best designs for that, as it stroke a balance between sexy and serious enough to fit in the universe. Both guys and girls had examples of sexy, with Mileena keeping quite revealing costumes without feeling like a stripper, but none of them really felt ridiculous, despite looking hot. Having sexyness just for the sake of having it doesn't work in this universe, this isn't Dead or Alive or Soul Calibur.
Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:18:53 pm by Macaulyn97
#316  April 16, 2019, 08:14:09 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Jeez me and you always on opposite ends aren't we? I wasn't trying to say that we should have them in bikinis or something like that, if anything I would think they would have outfits like MKX since like you said it really did hit that sweet balance that satisfied everybody. My real problem was how they handled the question when it came up, but hey maybe there will be room for that option. I just hope that not all the options look too similar, and that it doesn't distract too much. But seriously though, it seems as though we can see eye to eye sometimes.
#317  April 17, 2019, 05:58:18 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#318  April 17, 2019, 06:13:48 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
video no longer available
#319  April 17, 2019, 07:56:31 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Official Shao Kahn Trailer  :nuttrox:
#320  April 17, 2019, 08:10:35 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I was hoping they showed his other fatal. Still, he looks really good. From what I see he's basically his MK9 moveset with other things sprinkled in as well.