YesNoOk

[DISCUSSION] All my data is erased! (Read 907 times)

Started by Azasuke Kaijin, January 24, 2009, 11:23:20 pm
Share this topic:
[DISCUSSION] All my data is erased!
#1  January 24, 2009, 11:23:20 pm
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
This happens to me. Especially with Final Fantasy games. Which is why I've never finished an FF game:

You've worked your butt off, spending countless hours leveling up your characters, get strong wepons and skills, and progressed so far into the story. Then all of a sudden, BAM! You lose all your hard work. Do you feel the need to continue?

So far, every time this has happened, I've given up on the game. Because it pisses me off.
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
Re: [DISCUSSION] All my data is erased!
#2  January 24, 2009, 11:33:46 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I dropped my ps1 memory card once and my sfa3 data, with everything unlocked became corrupted. I beat world tour mode once after that and everything magically came back. o_O

Your data loss apparently came out of nowhere though. Ever thought of buying a new memory card? It's really weird that all your data in every FF game you've played just magically disappeared.
#3  January 25, 2009, 12:57:42 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
I've had situations where I've accidently deleted it, overwrote it, or my sister playing overwrites it. I say it happens especially with FF games is because those are the games whose save files mostly get erased.

It's happened with others too. DBZ: Budokai, Pokemon games, etc.
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#4  January 25, 2009, 01:04:26 am
  • Death or Glory.
Could be the console.

I once had an issue on the PS1 with WWF Attitude nearly a decade ago. The game was, you could create 10 wrestlers to a single slot. On my (at the time) newest slot, I saved a wrestler, but it was on my cousin's Playstation. For some reason, every wrestler I created or edited on his console wouldn't load, either in-game or in create-a-wrestler mode, but every other created wrestler worked fine, as did all other data on that same memory card.

When I got home, I created a new wrestler and saved him, and he worked fine, so it was clear to me there was something wrong with my cousin's console and not my memory card.
#5  January 25, 2009, 04:28:18 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I don't often have memory card troubles aside occasionally saving over the wrong files.

I do, however, have 9 PSX memory cards.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#6  January 27, 2009, 02:17:18 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I acedently turned off my gamecube when it was saving once and then BAM!!!!

ALL the data in the memory card was lost and the other memory card was completly corupted.