YesNoOk

Resyncing Movement Velocities after resizing (Read 1084 times)

Started by Carmell, August 21, 2020, 05:17:20 pm
Share this topic:
Resyncing Movement Velocities after resizing
#1  August 21, 2020, 05:17:20 pm
    • USA
I've changed the scale from .5 to 1 and also Ive changed the character's normal resolution to localcoord = 1280,720

This sets everything out of whack.

Is there a mathematical formula I can use to correct the character to feel spot on like it's old self or do I have to just tinker until I get close as I can which is what I did last time around?
Re: Resyncing Movement Velocities after resizing
#2  August 22, 2020, 02:21:00 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Localcoord resets the velocities. Apart from the constants all the other vels will need to use the const720p trigger in expressions. Ive never used it but it should set up the vels to act how they should without needing to multiply them.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  August 22, 2020, 03:06:45 am
I've changed the scale from .5 to 1 and also Ive changed the character's normal resolution to localcoord = 1280,720

This sets everything out of whack.

Is there a mathematical formula I can use to correct the character to feel spot on like it's old self or do I have to just tinker until I get close as I can which is what I did last time around?
for localcoord is kinda fixed, if you make a character under certain localcoord it should not be changed. if changed, BG element may out of place of the screen.

for size scale
you'll need to think this issue from very beginning when making a character
every pos and velocity need to add * const(size.xscale) or yscale
you can reference my Misaka as an example and paly around with the size
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdEQ2Uq3HHramidYnZrUyoeR0DKwY2CbD

#4  August 23, 2020, 01:01:56 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm not on my laptop right now, BUT I think doing
* const(size.xscale)
caused issues for a few things. You have to make it an actual variable to be able to do the math in every spot. But that's how I allowed people to scale Samus to what ever size they want.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv