YesNoOk

Beast by Gladiacloud, MotorRoach, and Kenshiro99 (Read 79716 times)

Started by MotorRoach, March 26, 2021, 02:24:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Beast by Gladiacloud, MotorRoach, and Kenshiro99
#21  March 26, 2021, 04:50:03 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
This is some high quality work. I appreciate the effort, time, and skill to create a character of this caliber.
#22  March 26, 2021, 05:41:15 pm
    • USA
Looks straight out of Marvel vs Capcom 1. Very impressive. It's been a long journey on this one. You've put a lot of hard work into this one. I'm glad you finally came through.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#23  March 26, 2021, 06:30:55 pm
    • Argentina
AMAZING!!!!
#24  March 26, 2021, 06:49:25 pm
Oh wow I didn't expect this to be released so soon. The sprites are nothing less than flawless, and kenshiro99's coding gets better and better with each new release.

I like how painstakingly diverse his hypers and specials are. There's a bit of elena, rolento, cammy, and dhalsim in there from what I've seen. I mean you guys could've easily turned him into a blanka clone and called it a day lol

As for feedback:
• When you do his hypers in the cornermost parts of the stage, beast jumps away and disappears from the screen for a moment after the last hit connects then leaps back in shortly after. Like the animation should ideally only occur if the enemy has been punted off to another section of the stage after the hyper is done.
• Is there any way to tone down mvc-style white flickering on beast's cns? Ngl it's stressing me out a bit lol

Edit: when cornered, successfully executing a back throw doesn't make beast switch places with p2
Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 01:57:08 am by xp41
#25  March 26, 2021, 07:11:47 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

The SPECTACULAR sprites work, the animations that are so GODDAMN FLUID, the SUPERB programming!

Surely one of the best characters i've ever tested and playing! Gladia and Roach, you guys nailed it in those sprites! K99, you did damn good aswell!

I would have preferred it to be released in early April along with Jubilee update, not today.

However, Beast is litteraly "the final work" on my sign, and with this release I announce to you that I am temporarily leaving the scene from the Mugen works.

You deserve a good rest bro. I personally appreciate all the amazing stuff you did so far. Take your time and once again thanks Gladia. :)
#26  March 26, 2021, 07:41:14 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
You deserve a good rest bro. I personally appreciate all the amazing stuff you did so far. Take your time and once again thanks Gladia. :)

The problem is, I don't know if I will return.

I no longer have the free time I had years ago. And to that must be added the fact that, after many years, I am realizing that spriting, as much as I may like, is proving to be a waste of time.
#27  March 26, 2021, 08:02:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I no longer have the free time I had years ago. And to that must be added the fact that, after many years, I am realizing that spriting, as much as I may like, is proving to be a waste of time.

Indeed dealing with life stuff is most important. But think about spriting and MUGEN stuff as a hobby. But also i know how this can be stressful.
Take this rest to MUGEN stuff to cool your head. ;)

EDIT: Oh, also a great thing that you fellas used Beast's voice from X-Men Mutant Academy. I play this one a lot.
Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 09:25:14 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#28  March 26, 2021, 09:32:09 pm
This is awesome I love your programming Kenshiro99
#29  March 26, 2021, 10:02:13 pm
I see some influences from Dr. Doom, Gambit, Hulk... looks very solid. Gotta check him out some time...

DW

#30  March 26, 2021, 11:40:30 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

I can relate. The more you go, the more you feel like time is being wasted. It becomes far more precious and you get to questioning yourself on if you should even be investing time into this. I don't have any profound knowledge to bestow, all I can say is I understand you 100%. At any rate, you and Roach have done some amazing work here.

And overall you have done some great things with the chars you've made. If nothing else you've left a great legacy here and I'd like to thank you for all you've done. Will try out Beast now and get back with you all soon.
#31  March 26, 2021, 11:48:18 pm
    • USA

Got a chance to try Beast out and man he's good. Someone told me that he got the references from Mutant Apocalypse SNES game and now I get the picture. Dope work y'all.
#32  March 27, 2021, 01:40:56 am
    • Mexico

Don't say that.

What you did for this hobby is remarkable. The effort you (and all of the people you collaborated with) put into all your characters is something that deserves respect and appreciation.

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm hella grateful for everyone you've done. Regardless of whether this is just a pause or truly the end of the line, you left a great legacy in your works and you should feel proud about it.

Beast is great in the sprites, I'm gonna go hunt down bugs if possible, but so far so good.
#33  March 27, 2021, 02:26:00 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
New update for Beast released, and huge thanks for JtheSaltyy for helping out with a handful of these changes:

- Major revision of his hitboxes to make them more punishable
 - Frame data changes
 - Invulnerability changed on the hyper moves
 - Bug with his level 3 being countered fixed
 - Invulnerability tweaks during advancing guard
 - Removed most of the screen flashes from his moves to make him less eye straining to play as

Shit

dev

#34  March 27, 2021, 03:02:37 am
    • UK

First of all, huge congrats on this release. It's one of the best chars we got in years.
I wish everything goes well for you in real life. I'm in the mugen community since 2008 and kept a close eye on everything since then. To me, you are one of Top 3 most talented guys I have ever seen. Your work is incredible, hard to describe. Such talent is rare and for you to say that this was a waste of time, it's wrong. You did not waste your time, you actually made a huge impact in this community.

Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:13:21 am by dev
#35  March 27, 2021, 03:25:01 am
  • *Ultimate Pharmacist*
That... was beautiful the fluid animations it was just pure perfection in my eyes congrats on your work guys.
#36  March 27, 2021, 03:32:58 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Well done fellas. Well done folks. You've already heard it from others, and you will surely continue to hear it, but I can't help but point out that the work on the sprites is AMAZING!
Congrats and thanks for sharing.
#37  March 27, 2021, 04:09:32 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
This is such a great take on Beast, you guys did an amazing job and should be extremely proud. As mentioned by everyone, the sprites are outstanding, and the coding/gameplay feels great. This was totally out of left field for me, but one of the coolest releases I've seen in a long time (bias opinion since I'm a die hard comic fan).
- I haven't tested the new update, but based off the initial release I think that he feels a little too generous in the ass kicking department, and is able to go off a little too much when doing combos, which gives him a somewhat unpolished feel imo. He's too good lol. He's effective from any range and can turn almost anything into a massive combo in any scenario. He's like a mashers delight, with zero learning curve which to me, the fun part of trying new characters in fighting games is figuring out how to use them. With all that said though, I have no suggestions. Maybe...slow him down. Maybe.

- I think he could benefit from some more sounds as well. He seems to only have 1 grunting sound that is used for all his attacks, as well as his taunt. The only time he speaks is during his Intro. He would feel a lot more complete and Beastly if he had some more Beast specific sounds and voice clips. The lack of sounds give him a KFM feeling, at least to me, and I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say that. Just being honest and trying to help.

- Would you consider adding at least 1 more taunt where he says some type of comment to the enemy?

Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:26:23 am by Toxic Masculinity
#38  March 27, 2021, 05:50:00 am
  • Was it something I said?
That sprite work is magnificent! Also, I didn't know Beast was a freestyler! Some excellent work!
#39  March 27, 2021, 06:35:01 am
    • Mexico
Isn't it too early into the year for the COTY to be released already?

This was a long time coming, I remember those first few snippets of idea engineering on the CU discord and it's bonkers to finally see him completed. He's a lot of fun to boot too. Simply amazing.
#40  March 27, 2021, 12:23:09 pm
    • Bulgaria
Thank you for Beast guys he looks awesome  :)