YesNoOk

[OHMSBY Thread]: Waddle Dee Updated (02/14/24) (Read 4728336 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Which Ganondorf would you Prefer?

Ocarina of Time
23 (56.1%)
Tears of the Kingdom
18 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 21, 2023, 06:22:52 am

Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Marx + Marx's Stage released (05/22/22)
#941  May 23, 2022, 11:20:23 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
The only feedback l can give to Marx is that his laser does a lot of damage when blocking it.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Marx + Marx's Stage released (05/22/22)
#942  May 24, 2022, 03:22:32 am
  • Rate up is a lie.
  • Yeah I simp for Helm how can you tell ?
The world boss has finally arrived to MUGEN. I struggled to defeat him with Shana and Yu. A pro tip to dodge his black hole is to keep jumping back and press the dodge button like there is no tomorrow and hope that you won't get stuck to it. I find that grapplers or heavy characters like Tager, Blitztank and Waldstein has no way to avoid them due to their low mobility tho. So I don't think that they will be a nice choice to fight Marx.

As for the boss, absolutely amazing. I could say that this man is creating some of the dopest stuff for MUGEN community. Not to mention, his next character is Aoko Aozaki and I CAN'T wait to see her. This is something that will worth the wait of everybody. If you don't mind me raising a question, how did you come up with the idea of making a boss character and other characters in general ? Have you ever run out of idea temporarily and how did you deal with it ?
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Marx + 2 others updated (05/24/22)
#943  May 24, 2022, 07:05:27 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Thanks for the feedback. Time for a few updates.

Marx
-Reduced Pausetime, Hitstun, and Fall Recovertime from Eyeballs
-Fixed an error where certain attacks are unblockable at point blank
-Fixed an error where Ice Bomb won't detonate if Marx spits it out while outside of the screen
-Fixed an error where the Screen zooms out after Marx is defeated on a stage that uses tensionhigh and tensionlow
-(Hopefully) fixed an error where Marx would sometimes not bounce around the screen properly on defeat
-Added Config options for Black Hole Pull Resistance and Phase 2 Activation (See Config file for details)

Jin
-Jin now only goes into waiting before Hirensou's follow up if he currently has a target rather than if the first hit connected

Hilda
-Hilda now teleports during jBB according to the direction she is facing rather than the direction the opponent is facing

I'm already aware of p2state hitdefs on my characters whiffing on hitoverrides. A few of my characters have already been converted ahead of time to using targetstate for their non-throw moves, and the rest will be updated during the new system update.

The only feedback l can give to Marx is that his laser does a lot of damage when blocking it.

That's kind of the point. There wouldn't really be any urgency to stop his laser charge if you could just block it and only suffer just a little bit of chip damage.

If you don't mind me raising a question, how did you come up with the idea of making a boss character and other characters in general ? Have you ever run out of idea temporarily and how did you deal with it ?

More often than not, I tend to choose my projects based on whether or not there is an opprotunity to try something new, and making a boss character was definitely something new. I haven't ran out of ideas yet, but I would just simply take a break if I do.
#944  May 30, 2022, 01:41:24 pm
    • USA
Hey dude, how's it going? Since Marx has been released, what was the development process like with this guy being your first boss character? Also did Marx change up your scheduling of making characters or is everything pretty much the same? And by the way nice using the Central Fiction burst icon. It's pretty cool since I haven't seen any other Mugen characters that used the burst icons from the Blazblue series.
"If you take three glasses of water and put food coloring in them, you have many different colors, but it's still the same old water. Make the connection."
#945  June 01, 2022, 06:30:38 am
    • USA
So Kirby is getting two new copy abilities to go along with the new system update: Tornado and Ranger.

So that means I'm going to need some Characters to add as triggers for these two new abilities, and the existing list of triggers will likely have to be rearranged as well.

If any of you have suggestions for characters that would give Kirby either the Tornado or Ranger abilities, please let me know.

Since Marx has been released, what was the development process like with this guy being your first boss character? Also did Marx change up your scheduling of making characters or is everything pretty much the same?

It was an interesting project. I found that there were less things to worry about in general when working on a Boss Character that is specifically designed to be fought against, but that doesn't mean that there weren't a few new hurdles on the way. It was fun overall and I look forward to the next time I work on a Boss.

Also, all of my projects are planned out far in advance, so there weren't any sort of schedueling conflicts.

Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:36:26 am by OHMSBY
#946  June 01, 2022, 07:02:17 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
I guess with me, I know I had Eustace be set with Plasma on the Granblue Versus side of characters in the past. But with Ranger now being in Kirby’s arsenal of Copy Abilities, you could always just move him over to that part of the list if it fits better.

Though here’s what I got so far (assuming you hadn’t planned some of these characters to be added in advance or they already got slotted into a different copy ability):

Tornado:
Archetype: Earth (Melty Blood: Acress Again Current Code) (Mainly thinking about IQS, Ina and 41’s versions here)
Aya Shameimaru/Aya (Kohaku’s version mainly comes to mind)
Storm (Plasma also works)
Yukari Takeba
Air Man
Rashid

Ranger:
Sion Eltnam Atlasia/Eltnum
Rentaro Satomi
Tatsuya Shiba
Fox McCloud/Fox
Falco Lombardi/Falco
Wolf O’ Donnell/Wolf
Inkling
Whip
Rosa Ushiromiya
Joker (Persona 5)
Naoto Shirogane
Happy Chaos (this also includes Ichida’s Blissful Adachi)
Petra (Arcana Heart)

(…can you tell that I had an easier time thinking up characters for Ranger than I did for Tornado)

The one thing I’m curious about for now though is with Exceed Accels being a thing in your characters, will some of them end up being changed a bit? Cause I know Dungeon of Serpents was Terumi’s Exceed Accel in Central Fiction, while it’s his Distortion Drive here.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 11:44:40 pm by Solid Snivy
#947  June 01, 2022, 08:15:09 am
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
I found an error for Ruby when the opponent won't recover after getting hit by her jC many times, making an infinite combo.
https://streamable.com/0ha861
#948  June 01, 2022, 09:27:39 am
Pretty good characters. Only their AI are unfair. Any idea how to lower it down or turn it off?
#949  June 01, 2022, 12:31:36 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Along with the ones Solid Snivy already mentioned, these are what comes in mind since I mentioned a few characters from my lists in the past:

Tornado:
-Sanae Kochiya
-Ayu Tsukimiya

Ranger:
-Oda Nobunaga
-Makoto Sawatari
-Reisen Udongein Inaba
-Bayonetta
-Hol Horse
-Panty "Panty Anarchy"

Been wanting Panty to have compatibility since Stocking, now she finally has an copy ability that fits her.

Ranger:
Fox McCloud/Fox
Falco Lombardi/Falco
Wolf O’ Donnell/Wolf
I like your list and some of them can work with character shared names and Sion Eltnam Atlasia could be a variation from Sion Tatari. Although for these 3, I personally think Falco and Wolf should stay with what they have currently. If you give all 3 Star Fox characters the same copy ability, there would be no variation if you fight them in a turns match.

Also, here's the list for the Smash clones now updated with the other two abilities:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Wanted to wait until MultiVersus had more characters announced, but I'll make due with what I have for now. As usual, feel free to make changes if you think a different one is better for them. I'm glad you decided to come up with more copy abilities. Some of these characters are much more difficult to consider for certain abilities.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#950  June 01, 2022, 08:22:58 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
So Kirby is getting two new copy abilities to go along with the new system update: Tornado and Ranger.

So that means I'm going to need some Characters to add as triggers for these two new abilities, and the existing list of triggers will likely have to be rearranged as well.

If any of you have suggestions for characters that would give Kirby either the Tornado or Ranger abilities, please let me know.

In terms of Tornado, I think a few characters that would be good for that are Joe Higashi, B.Jenet, and Goenitz, since they all have wind specials as part of their move-sets.

Not sure about Ranger, though. Maybe Dante & Deadpool?

Also, Kirby’s Crash Exceed Accel looks really cool. One question, though:
Are Terumi & Azreal getting new supers, since the QCB supers they have now are basically their Exceed Accels in source?
#951  June 01, 2022, 09:49:38 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
Me being a comic fan has to suggest Red Tornado for Tornado, and Commissioner Gordon for Ranger. Also add Det. Garret Laurel for that matter.
#952  June 01, 2022, 10:09:14 pm
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
I like your list and some of them can work with character shared names and Sion Eltnam Atlasia could be a variation from Sion Tatari. Although for these 3, I personally think Falco and Wolf should stay with what they have currently. If you give all 3 Star Fox characters the same copy ability, there would be no variation if you fight them in a turns match.
Fair point. Never really gave it that much thought, so at most I'd say Fox should be added onto the Ranger copy ability list.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
Re: [OHMSBY Thread]: Ruby quick update (06/01/22)
#953  June 02, 2022, 05:23:34 am
    • USA
Thanks for the suggestions, Both copy abilities have a pretty size-able list of triggers to start with now.

I found an error for Ruby when the opponent won't recover after getting hit by her jC many times, making an infinite combo.
https://streamable.com/0ha861

Fixed.

Pretty good characters. Only their AI are unfair. Any idea how to lower it down or turn it off?

Go into the Character's cmd file and delete everything below the line that says ";AI" to revert them back to MUGEN's default AI.

The one thing I’m curious about for now though is with Exceed Accels being a thing in your characters, will some of them end up being changed a bit? Cause I know Dungeon of Serpents was Terumi’s Exceed Accel in Central Fiction, while it’s his Distortion Drive here.

Are Terumi & Azreal getting new supers, since the QCB supers they have now are basically their Exceed Accels in source?

In case like these, their exceed accels will either be supers that they had previously and don't currently have, or they will get new exceed accels entirely.
#954  June 02, 2022, 01:07:00 pm
  • The Blind Furry
  • I’m new to this and I’m blind
    • UK
Can't wait to see the new system updates! Question, for BBTAG characters like Ruby or Yang will you be using the Resonance Heat variations of their moves for exceed accels?
#955  June 02, 2022, 11:20:24 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Here is mine for Kirby

Sword:
-Hayato Kanzaki
-Zero(Megaman X/Zero)
-Featuring Dante From The Devil May Cry Series
-Featuring Vergil From The Devil May Cry Series
-Featuring Nero From The Devil May Cry Series
-Sodom/Katana
-Genjuro Kibagami
-Yoshitora Tokugawa
-Foxy(KOF)
-Haohmaru
-Moriya Minakata
-Hibiki Takane
-Charlotte Christine de Colde
-Ukyo Tachibana
-Slash(Waku Waku 7)
-Polnareff
-Anubis(Chaka/Khan/Black Polnareff)
-Youmu Konpaku(Nep Heart's Version)
-Bishamon
-TaskMaster
-Silver Samurai
-Kenshin Himura
-Mononofu
-Alisa Illinichina Amiella
-Cloud
-Squall
-Sephiroth
-Yggdra
-Trunks

Cutter:
-Kung Lao
-Cham Cham
-Basara Kubikiri
-Leona Heidern
-Oswald(KOF)
-Jedah
-Rei(Hokuto No Ken)
-Marrow
-Kumagawa Misogi

Fire:
-Scorpion
-Liu Kang
-Agumon
-Portgas D. Ace
-Natsu Dragneel
-Sanada Yukimura
-Dhalsim
-Ken Masters
-Gill
-Kazuki Kazama
-Kyo Kusanagi
-Ash Crimson
-Billy Kane
-Ralf Jones
-Jimmy Lee/Jimmy Lewis
-Gunter
-Magma Dragoon
-Makoto Shishio
-Jecht
-Avdol
-Blaze The Cat
-Kishima Kouma
-Diablo(Primal Rage)
-Bowser

Ice:
-Sub-Zero
-Chill Penguin
-Sasquatch
-Kolin
-Gill
-Kula Diamond
-Rimururu
-Petshop
-Blizzard
-Dio Brando(Phantom Blood/Stardust Crusaders)

Plasma:
-Necro
-Urien
-Blanka
-Victor Von Gerdenheim
-Magneto
-Electro
-Thor
-Shazam
-Rainbow Dash
-Jailbot
-Michael Roa Valdamjong
-Kaede(Last Blade)

Beam:
-Tessa/Tabasa
-Marisa Kirisame(Kohaku's Version)
-Ingrid
-Bubblun
-Dr.Doom
-Dr.Fate
-Kano
-Nova
-Jubilee

Bomb:
-Kira Yoshikage/Kosaku Kawajiri(David Bowie)
-Dynamite Headdy

Hammer:
-Super Mario
-Super Luigi
-Amy Rose
-Steel

Mirror:
-Athena Asamiya
-Chizuru Kagura
-Rose
-Majin Buu
-Cell
-Seth(Street Fighter)

Suplex:
-Angel
-Ramon
-Tizoc/Griffon/King Of Dinosaurs
-Raiden/Big Bear(Fatal Fury)
-Neinhalt Sieger
-Earthquake(SamSho)
-Goro Daimon
-Clark Steel
-Shigen Naoe
-Hulk
-She-Hulk
-Juggernaut
-Zangief
-Alex
-Hugo
-R.Mika
-Abel
-T.Hawk
-Birdie
-E.Honda
-Jax/Jackson Briggs
-Potenkin
-Bane
-Killer Croc
-Shizuo Heiwajima
-Jiren
-Broly
-Kanji Tatsumi

Yo-yo:
-Ness
-Bridget
-Joseph Joestar/Jojo

Needle:
-Baraka
-Mileena
-Sonic

Ninja:
-Guy
-Ibuki
-Mukuro/Kenji
-Naruto
-Eiji Kisaragi
-Malin
-Galford
-Hanzo
-Fuuma
-Deadpool
-Batman
-Nightwing
-Robin(DC)

Tornado:
-Storm(X-Men)
-Miles Tails Prower
-Fluttershy

Ranger:
-Jill Valentine
-Chris Redfield
-Claire Redfield
-Leon S. Kennedy
-Saki Omokane
-Michelle Heart
-Unknown Soldier
-Megaman(Classic/X/Volnutt)
-Jagi
-Cable
-Jason Todd
Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:38:50 pm by Kamui_Kanjai
#956  June 03, 2022, 06:38:55 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.

In case like these, their exceed accels will either be supers that they had previously and don't currently have, or they will get new exceed accels entirely.

Ah, sounds good, thank you, OHMSBY. ^w^

If it’s alright for me to ask, are there any tentative plans for characters besides Kirby to get any new/reworked moves/mechanics with the update, other than their Exceed Accels?
#957  June 11, 2022, 08:41:01 am
    • USA
I think now's a good time to share the details on the new system update.

Spoiler: The EXA Update (click to see content)

If it’s alright for me to ask, are there any tentative plans for characters besides Kirby to get any new/reworked moves/mechanics with the update, other than their Exceed Accels?

There will be some more extensive character specific changes as well.

#958  June 11, 2022, 09:02:55 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Okay, i like this update from a visual standpoint (can't judge gameplay without testing--).

One thing that been wondering as someone who edit these characters to fit the custom settings of the screenpack and lifebars I use:

Would it be possible to add a Code, which allow to change the position (maybe size too?) of every layer and variable code that forms the BURST icon(s) so there be the option to change it in case it doesn't display properly (aka on top of main portrait, turns portrait, lifebar, ect) with the set of lifebars you choice?
#959  June 11, 2022, 10:03:42 am
  • Resent Oneself
  • Long live the night!
    • Indonesia
    • sites.google.com/view/site-resentone/home
#960  June 11, 2022, 02:02:06 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
Do me a favor (again) and show me Meta Knight's Exceed Accel

l really love those system changes also