YesNoOk

Monster Hunter Megathread([3DS]MH4, [PC/360] MHFG [3DS/WiiU] Ultimate Announced) (Read 6211 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 30, 2012, 08:44:48 am
Share this topic:
Monster Hunter Megathread([3DS]MH4, [PC/360] MHFG [3DS/WiiU] Ultimate Announced)
#1  June 30, 2012, 08:44:48 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Looks like a Zelda logo

Official Website
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/
Release Date
Spring 2013

http://andriasang.com/con1qr/mh4_spring_2013/
According to Famitsu.com's summary, the trailer began by showing hunters gathering in what appeared to be a monster nest. A monster that looked like Rathian came swooping down from the sky, breathing fire.

The trailer continued with what looked like a new field -- a vast golden plain. As the hunters ran around the field, Famitsu's reporters spotted, as one would expect, Felynes following them.

Then, a new monster, which looked a bit like a fox, but whose movements were swift like a monkey. Standout features for the new monster appear to be big ears and claws.

Other monsters included Tigrex and Rathalos. Hunters were shown facing off against these beasts with new actions: one hunter jumping off a cliff into an attack, another attacking by climbing up a monster's back.

Before coming to a close with the Spring 2013 time frame, the trailer showed a silhouette of another new monster, this one large, and apparently swift.

Screenshots
will be updated with better screenshots when Capcom uploads them

Trailers:
Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:53:20 pm by Girard
Re: [3DS] Monster Hunter 4
#2  June 30, 2012, 11:56:17 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Glad to know someone on this forum shares an interest for Monster Hunter.  :)
#3  June 30, 2012, 03:48:44 pm
    • USA
Yup, I'm sure theres some others who also like MH.
Trailer
#4  June 30, 2012, 05:41:51 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
graphics look kinda bad
#5  June 30, 2012, 08:48:12 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Seriously hope it's for more then just 3DS.

And that it gets ported.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#6  July 01, 2012, 04:42:08 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Is this coming to America, yes or no?
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#7  July 04, 2012, 05:33:59 am
    • USA
New Monster Hunter 4 Details
New weapons, but no water segments for new numbered MH game.

Capcom provided us with plenty of Monster Hunter 4 footage in last week's trailer, but little in the way of details. This week's Famitsu comes to the rescue with a huge blowout on the game containing first specifics about how this new numbered MH game will play.

Here's a bit of what's leaking out from this week's issue:

The game will not have water segments (water was one of MH3's big features)
    There will be some new elements surrounding Felynes. You'll once again be able to take two Felynes out with you on hunts.
    The game will have new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now. It will also have new armor designs.
    The game's story with the greatest number of NPCs in series history.
    Monsters will make use of the land formations.
    Under certain conditions, you'll be able to grab on to the monsters. (I'm not sure if this means you'll be able to ride the monsters or just latch on to them for attacking.)
    You'll be able to make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks.
    The game will have a free camera.
    Rather than a fixed base camp like past Monster Hunter games, your base camp will now move -- somewhat like a caravan.

The magazine's information box lists the game as supporting 1 to 4 players, with support for local play (this may not necessarily mean no online play, although local play would be the norm for portable entries in the series). Ryozo Tsujimoto is listed as producer, with Kaname Fujioka listed as director.

A big reveal in Famitsu hopefully means a big reveal at the official site later this week... or at least some screenshots at Famitsu.com.
#8  July 07, 2012, 09:33:45 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
<Monster Hunter Fanboy

Edit: This is my 3DS
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:55:29 pm by Tsunamidusher
#9  July 09, 2012, 02:26:22 pm
  • X is for Xtreme
    • Netherlands
    • Geocities.jp
Seriously hope it's for more then just 3DS.

And that it gets ported.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo moneyhatted this, and because Sony is still an incompetent company you won't see this game on the Vita any time soon.

Also, dat texture.
Oh well.. Guess I should be still excited since its MonHun.
where there is a will,there is a way。
Sounds like you're just jealous that Duke Nukem has a bigger dick and gets ALL the bitches.
#10  July 10, 2012, 04:39:13 am
    • USA
Since this is the only Monster Hunter thread.
Monster Hunter In The West: “Some Sort Of Information” Coming This Year

Capcom have been secretive about if and when Monster Hunter Tri G or Monster Hunter 4 will be released in the west. Capcom USA have strongly hinted at a western release numerous times in recent months, but have stopped just short of confirming one.

Today, however, Capcom USA’s Christian Svensson provided another update on the situation over on Capcom’s forums. In reply to a fan asking why there was no sign of Monster Hunter being at Comic-Con, Svensson shared:

Ok, part one, I’m not aware of anyone from Capcom saying "wait for comic-con".  Perhaps fan speculation.

I will be more clear than I have ever been… Western MH fans should have some sort of information before the end of this calendar year.  I can’t say more than that unfortunately though I would love to.

Note that the underlining of “some sort of information” was part of Svensson’s original quote. In the past, Svensson has also made other statements hinting at Tri G’s release in the west. He has also stated that a localization announcement for Monster Hunter games is likely to be led by Capcom’s Japanese division, with Capcom USA following it up, and has discussed the importance of online play for the west as well.
#11  August 07, 2012, 11:30:54 pm
    • Argentina
I say we make this THE Monster Hunter thread and comment on all MH-related news. It's not like there's too much of it, anyway.

On a related note: Anyone still playing any of the PSP versions of the game and is up for some XLinkKai action? (My PS3 died recently, sadly).
Re: Monster Hunter Megathread ([3DS]MH 4, [PC/360] MH Frontier G(Update) Announced)
#12  September 09, 2012, 03:42:00 am
    • USA
Monster Hunter Frontier G Announced
Capcom announced today the next major update to the Monster Hunter Frontier series. Titled Monster Hunter Frontier G, the update to the PC and Xbox 360 online Monster Hunter game will be available on April 17, 2013.

New features include:

10 new monsters
    21 current monsters become G class
    3 new fileds
    Over 150 G class weapons
    Over 150 G class armor sets
    Over 30 new skills
    4 new elementals
    New actions for 11 weapon types

G itself is a new naming convention for the series, which has been using the names "Forward .2," "Forward .3" and so-forth for its current periodic major updates. Fall of 2013 will see Monster Hunter Frontier G2. Spring of 2014 will see Monster Hunter G3, which is scheduled to add new weapon types. Before the start of the G updates, Capcom will release Forward .5 this Fall.

G's announcement came at the Monster Hunter Frontier Appreciation Festival, which was held today in Tokyo to commemorate five years of Frontier service. Visit Famitsu.com and 4Gamer for pics from the event, and the G official site here.

New Monster Hunter 4 Weapon: Hunting Insect
Plus, step actions, team Felyne moves, and an important new monster!

Famitsu has a first look this week at a new Monster Hunter 4 weapon. MH4 adds a weapon called "Controllable Insect." This weapon involves commanding a "hunting insect" to get power ups from other monsters.

To use this new hunting companion, you mark a target monster. Release the insect, and it will head out to the monster and suck up its energy. Call the insect back, and you'll be able to use its bounty to strengthen your character.

The "energy" the insect sucks up is called "EX" (or possibly EXE). The property it strengthens is indicated by its color. White increases your speed. Red increases your attack strength. Green increases your vitality. Orange increases your defensive strength.

The hunting insects are capable of jumping, so they may be able to reach areas that aren't accessible by you.

Famitsu also details three other new areas of the game.

Goa Magara
    A new monster that is a major part of the story. Details are promised for a future update.
Step Actions
    When you find height differences in the land, you can run through these to make your character jump. While in mid air, you can perform attacks.
Synthesis
    Your two partner Felynes can team up for a group attack.

Capcom Teasing Surprising Monster Hunter 4 Info at Tokyo Game Show

Gamers will get first hands on play time with Monster Hunter 4 at this year's Tokyo Game Show. But that's not all. Capcom is also teasing that some "surprising information" will be announced about the game.

The tease is for the game's stage event which will feature an introduction to the game's new systems and actions from the development staff. Visit Capcom's TGS page for a stage schedule.

Before anyone starts anticipating a PlayStation Vita port announcement, the announcement is not going to be that, so stop anticipating it.

The game's Tokyo Game Show demo will include battles against three monsters, along with play over the new ruins field. Players will also get to try out the new "Controllable Insect Bow" weapon.

Those who brave what will likely be lengthy lines will get this bag:

Monster Hunter 4 Screenshots
Screens of all the weapons, and some new environments too!

Capcom updated the Monster Hunter 4 official site today with lots of screens showing off some of the weapons, actions and environments.

Included in the screens are some of the new elements we detailed earlier in the week, including the Controllable Insect Bow:

I for one can't wait foe the day they run out of systems to keep reusing their PS2 graphics on.
Re: Monster Hunter Megathread ([3DS]MH 4, [PC/360] MH Frontier G(Update) Announced)
#13  September 09, 2012, 09:53:58 am
    • Argentina
Lol, I don't mind the PS2 graphics that much... I think MH3 and MH3G actually look quite beautiful, honestly...

I'm actually kind of worried for MH4... I'm worried they're changing the formula TOO much... MH is not supposed to be flashy... it's supposed to be cold and calculative. It's basically a fighting game disguised as an action RPG game. Every move has an appropriate timing/recovery, each one has its risks and reward, selecting a weapon amounts to pretty much selecting a different character in the game, etc...

The only RPG aspects are ultimately the ATK and DEF changes that come from equipment selection and the item management.

Whatever Capcom does, I hope they don't "stupidize" and whore out Monster Hunter to appeal to the morons that don't "get" the game. Most of the things people complain about when first grabbing the game are design CHOICES, not design FLAWS... i.e. "Wahh, no auto-aim" or "Wahh, it takes too long to use items!"

Personally, the free camera sounds like a good thing... maybe a couple of things that could help would be quicker farm work... having to beat a monster to get parts makes sense... having to run to the farm after EVERY damn mission just to mash a button like an idiot does not... I mean, sure... charge me to upgrade the farm, that makes sense... just maybe don't force me to go there just to mash X, X, X, X, X over and over and over... there's a couple of other things I can't think of right now, but they're not game-altering, that's for sure.

DMK

#14  September 09, 2012, 10:39:23 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Soooooooo, still japan onry?
Monster Hunter Megathread([3DS]MH4, [PC/360] MHFG [3DS/WiiU] Ultimate Announced)
#15  September 13, 2012, 04:51:01 pm
    • USA
Not anymore

Monster Hunter Tri G is coming to both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U in North America and Europe next year. Nintendo of America announced the game’s official U.S. title this morning—Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Details from Japan report that the Wii U version of the game will have online play

Neogaf is saying it has Cross play also.

Monster Hunter Tri G HD Version Launching With Wii U, It Has Online Play
Capcom is bringing the Nintendo 3DS game Monster Hunter Tri G to Wii U as a launch title. Monster Hunter Tri G HD Version supports local co-op and has online play. You can also import save data from the 3DS version into Monster Hunter Tri G HD Version.

Nintendo will release a hardware bundle for Wii U with a Wii U premium set, classic controller and Monster Hunter 3G HD Version for 38,850 yen.

Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:55:37 pm by Girard
Re: Monster Hunter Megathread([3DS]MH4, [PC/360] MHFG [3DS/WiiU] Ultimate Announced)
#16  September 13, 2012, 07:00:15 pm
    • Argentina
Thank you for leaving the number 3 in the title, Capcom, you morons!!

You have no idea how annoying it is to explain to EVERYONE that Freedom Unite is just Freedom 2 with more content!! You should've called it Freedom 2 Unite! or Ultimate!

Still, I'm quite surprised they're doing this... I wonder if that means Monster Hunter 4 might also come to the WiiU...
Re: Monster Hunter Megathread([3DS]MH4, [PC/360] MHFG [3DS/WiiU] Ultimate Announced)
#17  September 14, 2012, 01:31:36 am
    • Canada
First Bayonetta 2, now Monster Hunter. Nintendo wants my money.

Well I'm atleast glad another Monster Hunter game is coming to America.

Thank you for leaving the number 3 in the title, Capcom, you morons!!

You have no idea how annoying it is to explain to EVERYONE that Freedom Unite is just Freedom 2 with more content!! You should've called it Freedom 2 Unite! or Ultimate!

Still, I'm quite surprised they're doing this... I wonder if that means Monster Hunter 4 might also come to the WiiU...

What do you want them to do, if they leave it as 3, then people will just think it's just an updated version that costs full price. And besides, there's a different story and town entirely so people who aren't really knowledgable of Monster Hunter would think it's a new game.

Here's a bad analogy, which sounds better: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, or Marvel vs Capcom 4? That's basicly the idea behind the rename.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

#18  September 14, 2012, 02:39:07 am
    • Argentina
What do you want them to do, if they leave it as 3, then people will just think it's just an updated version that costs full price. And besides, there's a different story and town entirely so people who aren't really knowledgable of Monster Hunter would think it's a new game.

Here's a bad analogy, which sounds better: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, or Marvel vs Capcom 4? That's basicly the idea behind the rename.

At first I was like: "What are you talking about? We're saying the same thing!"

Then I realized that my first sentence came out wrong now that I re-read it... it sounded like I was criticizing them for leaving the 3 in. What I intended to say was:

"Thank for for actually KEEPING the number in the title this time, unlike what you did with MHFU, you morons!"

This is because changing the title of Monster Hunter Portable 2G to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP versions caused a hell of confusion! People thought it was either MHP3 or thought it was an older version than 2, all due to the poor title choice. If the had just called it Freedom 2: Unite, people would've known it was an expansion of Freedom 2.

Then comes the rest of my rant, which probably makes a lot more sense now, given the added context.
#19  September 14, 2012, 02:55:25 am
    • Canada
Just realized it was left in and yet what I said still made sense. Also  the fact that MH4 is coming out means they'd probably try to avoid tyring to make something seem like a real new release.

Though it is still a new system, and an HD update, so they may include something new, even if small

#20  September 14, 2012, 03:06:48 am
    • Argentina
I have no problem with MH4 keeping the name. That comment was entirely a side note... it's just me wondering if it's also going to come out for WiiU.