YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 951415 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.1 (UPDATED April, 07)
#181  May 08, 2018, 11:24:59 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It would be very, very helpful if the program told you what errors the sff had, I just lost a day's work in CS because it couldn't let me save the sff.

#182  May 09, 2018, 10:37:15 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya

It would be very, very helpful if the program told you what errors the sff had, I just lost a day's work in CS because it couldn't let me save the sff.

This is literally the only reason I’m using 3 over this right now. I make my own sprites and animations, and I like to save my hurt stuff for last. Please just make it a warning my guy, I don’t care how annoying it would be but it’d be better than not being able to save.
#183  May 10, 2018, 02:40:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia

This is literally the only reason I’m using 3 over this right now. I make my own sprites and animations, and I like to save my hurt stuff for last. Please just make it a warning my guy, I don’t care how annoying it would be but it’d be better than not being able to save.

To save in new Fighter Factory Studio just go in 'Project' and 'Save as' and replace the .def of char :)
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
#184  May 13, 2018, 08:20:48 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

But it does.
#185  May 13, 2018, 08:53:16 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Where? It only says "There are X error(s)"

#186  May 16, 2018, 01:25:55 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
@QuickFist: I'm unsure if this is in the current public version, but in mine, if you click on "Issues" at the bottom, it will show you a list of errors and warnings.
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19)
#187  May 20, 2018, 01:02:04 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Version 3.5.2 released!
More details on Patreon post.

Thanks!
#188  May 20, 2018, 01:31:48 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I'm still getting crashes when attempting to open the Open window with the 64 bit version. JZ has done a bit of troubleshooting with me and he's concluded that it's likely related to me running Windows 8.1.
#189  May 20, 2018, 04:34:12 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I'm still getting crashes when attempting to open the Open window with the 64 bit version. JZ has done a bit of troubleshooting with me and he's concluded that it's likely related to me running Windows 8.1.
Try one more thing: there's a new setting in Options window called "Use system native open dialog", disable it. If the problem persists, will be helpful if you can provide some crash dump. I'll try to get a Windows 8.1 PC to test.

Thanks!
#190  May 20, 2018, 10:09:08 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Disabling that option seemed to do the trick! Thanks a lot!
#191  May 20, 2018, 11:29:08 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

I found a new bug with the update. After quitting Fighter Factory Studio and reopening it again for later, the engines deleted themselves and will not save. Even if I save the settings in an ffc file and open it, the list will not appear and have to reconfigure it again. I know there won't be anymore public releases after this one, but can you please look at this? Because I can't play test characters like this if I have to keep adding an engine every time I open the program. This wasn't an issue with the 3.5.1 update, so I don't know how this happened.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#192  May 20, 2018, 05:59:50 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
For some reason after a while, the Project and Edit menu items become highligtable, yet when I click them, the menu doesn't open. The rest work just fine.
#193  May 20, 2018, 06:24:04 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I found a new bug with the update. After quitting Fighter Factory Studio and reopening it again for later, the engines deleted themselves and will not save. Even if I save the settings in an ffc file and open it, the list will not appear and have to reconfigure it again. I know there won't be anymore public releases after this one, but can you please look at this? Because I can't play test characters like this if I have to keep adding an engine every time I open the program. This wasn't an issue with the 3.5.1 update, so I don't know how this happened.
I'll check this, but don't worry, I'm waiting some time for feedback and a patch will become available soon.

For some reason after a while, the Project and Edit menu items become highligtable, yet when I click them, the menu doesn't open. The rest work just fine.
Checking this, thanks JZ!

Known issues (already fixed, waiting more to release a patch):
- Some functions in the palettes menu are disabled (won't work)
- Advanced search freezes with empty string

Thanks!
#194  May 20, 2018, 10:48:08 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
If I try to delete or ctrl+x a code in the middle of a big file (more than 10k lines) the program freezes.
Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:56:10 pm by Lurker
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.2 (UPDATED May, 19 + PATCH)
#195  May 21, 2018, 06:26:06 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
If I try to delete or ctrl+x a code in the middle of a big file (more than 10k lines) the program freezes.
This in the current version (3.5.2)? This is like the bug in 3.5.1 I fixed in 3.5.2, can't reproduce in the latest build, tried cut and delete on many lines in a 20k lines file.

UPDATE: Reuploaded Windows and Linux versions with a patch to fix some small bugs. A patch only (files to replace) is on first post too.

Thanks!
#196  May 21, 2018, 09:28:14 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

So I just tested the patch and was about to report that FFS is still not remembering my current engines after quitting the program. But it turns out I forgot to click the "Apply" button and it will save the configurations. Not sure if I had to do that on the previous versions, but it works now.

However, the issue regarding the open and save buttons in the options still persists. The ffc files are useless because even if I save them, they will not load or will delete my current configurations if I attempt to. Just found that it's an issue since 3.5.1, but I barely use it since I rarely had to reinstall FFS so it slipped off my radar. As long as I don't click "Apply", it won't save after quitting and I don't have to reconfigure the engines again.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#197  May 21, 2018, 01:55:14 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
If you install a new version, use the Import button on welcome screen to grab your last installation configs, which includes history and all configs. The ffc just saves the main configs, not the engine specific ones. I'll change it later.
Thanks!
#198  May 22, 2018, 01:34:07 pm
    • Spain
    • cidiego@gmail.com
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your creation VirtualTek. I'd like to report a "situation". I don't know if it is the program's fault or mine, but here it goes.
I get the following error, which doesn't occur on FF3.

Error in ../../Data/Mugen States.cns:0
Character mugenversion is older than this version of M.U.G.E.N.
Error loading chars/ffs_0/ffs_0.def

I have a file shared among all characters; "Mugen States.cns", and my character has "mugenversion = 1.0" under [Info]

Thats really strange, why does it only happen in this FF version ? Any help? Please.
Thank you all for sharing!
#199  May 22, 2018, 01:36:30 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
What does the character's MUGEN version say in the .def?
#200  May 22, 2018, 01:58:29 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
This in the current version (3.5.2)? This is like the bug in 3.5.1 I fixed in 3.5.2, can't reproduce in the latest build, tried cut and delete on many lines in a 20k lines file.

UPDATE: Reuploaded Windows and Linux versions with a patch to fix some small bugs. A patch only (files to replace) is on first post too.

Thanks!
I'm using the lastast build, I selected around 3000-5235+ lines and this happened again, maybe it's on my end?
Edit: For exemple, on vans' Kyo I select the line 5408 up to line 10643 try to cut and ff freezes.
If I try to select from the first line up to the end of the file I can cut and delete normally.
Ah, and if for some reason I have some code in the .def and try to load it as a state too I can't test the character.
Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:23:27 pm by Lurker