YesNoOk

CvS Ryo (Arrange) by Niitris, Akuma updated (Read 6317 times)

Started by Niitris, May 01, 2020, 04:50:46 am
Share this topic:
CvS Ryo (Arrange) by Niitris, Akuma updated
#1  May 01, 2020, 04:50:46 am
After occasional on and off motivation, Ryo is finally finished.

Done with the same gameplay as Akuma (who's been massively updated) but far more refined.

Feel welcome to post your thoughts and feedback.

Download here

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to see content)

Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:08:50 pm by Niitris
Re: CvS Ryo (Arrange) by Niitris, Akuma updated
#2  May 01, 2020, 06:22:06 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Havent mess around to much with both so far but both characters big portrait have a white bg.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  May 01, 2020, 09:11:29 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'm having trouble performing some of Ryo's that use DP and HC commands in particular, which I have a feeling may involve it having misplaced command priority. Also, the final hitsound from Ryuuko Ranbu still plays even if said last hit whiffs, although I personally think this move should force P2 into a standing custom state so that all hits connect when comboing off a juggle.

Not much else wrong with this character asides from the criticism above, pretty solid overall.
#4  May 01, 2020, 03:08:26 pm
I'm having trouble performing some of Ryo's that use DP and HC commands in particular, which I have a feeling may involve it having misplaced command priority. Also, the final hitsound from Ryuuko Ranbu still plays even if said last hit whiffs, although I personally think this move should force P2 into a standing custom state so that all hits connect when comboing off a juggle.

Not much else wrong with this character asides from the criticism above, pretty solid overall.
- Yeah it was command priority stuff, fixed (I hope).
- I forgot to apply the custom state to snap P2 in place, fixed.
- Final HitSound plays in source even if it doesn't hit. Weird stuff happens when the charge hit is parried, he does the rest of the move anyway.

Havent mess around to much with both so far but both characters big portrait have a white bg.
- Fixed

Characters updated
#5  May 03, 2020, 05:50:57 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Here's my feedback:
1. I'm not sure about Zanretsuken not being it's usual command (F,B,F,p). A similar story for the Kyokugen Renbuken.
2. The Overcharge is a bit lackluster compared to Akuma's. I'd suggest making it ground bounce (or whatever it's called), allowing for a juggle afterwards.
3. I might suggest separating the Ultimate Super command with 2p. If I were to have seperate command types, I would do it in this order:
Level 1: Short Command (e.g. QCF/HCB) then 2p/k. Level 2: Long Command (e.g. QCFx2/QCF,HCB) then p/k. Level 3: Long Command then 2p/2k.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  May 03, 2020, 06:50:07 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
#7  May 03, 2020, 06:54:06 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#8  May 03, 2020, 07:12:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I prefer the F,B,F as well.
More usual to me.
#9  May 04, 2020, 04:16:33 am
I like F,B,F better too. It's more unique, but it's harder to hit confirm from it. Move doesn't come out if you start with DF, so it's hard to cancel crouch MP or HP into Zanretsuken. HCB makes it a bit easier to do.

Yeah it's definitely weird that Punch Dance is done with Kick, but I didnt want overlap with Fireball. :P

2. The Overcharge is a bit lackluster compared to Akuma's. I'd suggest making it ground bounce (or whatever it's called), allowing for a juggle afterwards.
I messed with a ground bounce property but it looked silly to me. I know people will think a single hit move would underwhelming. But I didn't want to make juggle combos that feel out of character. Balancing character/game integrity with fun can be tricky. Almost any other KoF character (Robert definitely) would feel natural with a wall bounce/ground bounce/launcher. :(

I tried to emphasize the power behind the move but there's only so much that can be done there. Maybe adding some kind of shake effect could add more "pop."

Level 1: Short Command (e.g. QCF/HCB) then 2p/k. Level 2: Long Command (e.g. QCFx2/QCF,HCB) then p/k. Level 3: Long Command then 2p/2k.
Thought about doing that, definitely considering doing it that way.

Hopefully I can put out an update that adds AI in a couple days, if not sooner.
#10  May 05, 2020, 09:57:35 pm
  • I must continue my training...
It always annoyed me that someitmes I'd perform the Haoh Sho Koken instead of the Zanratsuken. So hcb is a good idea imo.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#11  May 09, 2020, 05:38:14 pm
    • USA
Both are nice Niitris
Will wait in a cozy corner for your next girl ; )
Cheers
The one that fails to play gets x3 gay.