YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 122159 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should N00b's clones be restricted??

Should I limit the problem clone to be used 1x until P2 hits the ground?
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo?
Should you be allowed to use only one clone 1x per combo?
Should I allow any clone to be used more than 1x after a timer?
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens?
N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#1  July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've edited Ermac, Sub Zero, and Scorpion. I figure why not work on the N00B and see what I come up with.

I'm not sure if I should make a poll, or how to do it, but which version do you guys like best. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos of all the different versions. I personally think MK9 is probably the best fit for a mugenized version. So that's kinda what I started on. -edit- I've been taking some small stuff from MK11.

I've got a few animations. Some work right from Sean Altly's work with Sub Zero. Like the slide. I've already added in a few more sprites like

I'm trying to come up with the "mud" effect from MK9 when the Smoke attacks hit and disappear. It's like he pop's and turns to mud. What I have now is ok, but it could be way better. There's no way for it to work the BEST way which would include transparency because black turns clear... Anyone know a work around? -edit- Balthazar helped make some FX for me.

Right now I have 3 moves half way working.
He launches the warp hole up, and it comes down on P2. (^^the gif^^)
He makes the warp hole above his head, flies through it, and comes out of the ground.
He makes a smoke clone that does the Sub Zero slide, and then pops.

I plan on making the anti-air Smoke attack and a 3rd warp hole move.
I think he's going to get the Troll Hammer to match the other 3 ninjas, or I may have him do a step forward punch like in MK9.

I'm not super familiar with Noob Saibot, so if you guys want I'm open to a lot of ideas. I'd like some ideas for solo Ultras. I know Smoke will have to be in one or two. What about his ghost fireball thing?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:43:30 am by Odb718
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP
#2  July 21, 2016, 01:55:33 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Sounds like a great idea.

Only person I could suggest for your "mud" effect would be Testament.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#3  July 21, 2016, 02:03:00 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Yes!! :) I'm happy to see that you'll work on another MK character, dude!!
I'm not an expert on gameplay so I let the pro speak about it, but you have all my support! :)
#4  July 22, 2016, 07:42:43 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
actually I had planned on working on him eventually so let's see where you go with this. :)
#5  July 22, 2016, 02:55:43 pm
Noob Saibot's disabler (his ghost fireball) is a pretty iconic move (and the one that mades him the cheapest character in MKT).

MKT version imho would be too cheap (disabling both opponent moves and blocks), while MK 2011 version, which disables just blocks, can be fine imho.

Even his MKT Shadow Throw (Noob sends out a shadowy construct that grabs and throws his opponent into the air) could be added as a move.
#6  July 23, 2016, 06:42:45 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Actually you could do three variants. Low, Medium and High from MK9. Low being the clone doing Subby's slide, medium doing a run animation towards the opponent then punching them for knockdown and then his anti air version would be the Fierce version. this way you'd have all three and be able to zone with them.
#7  July 23, 2016, 01:08:28 pm
That could be an excellent option: since he'll be a 6 button char, we'd have the three perfect variation for the special move (a good rule for every mugen char is that special move with weak and medium punch/kick should be something more than "lesser" version of the special with fierce).
#8  July 24, 2016, 11:31:27 pm
  • Some Party
    • USA
YES! I'm stoked about this.

Actually you could do three variants. Low, Medium and High from MK9. Low being the clone doing Subby's slide, medium doing a run animation towards the opponent then punching them for knockdown and then his anti air version would be the Fierce version. this way you'd have all three and be able to zone with them.

I like this idea a LOT.
#9  July 31, 2016, 09:15:11 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've been putting in some work.
I've made a dozen or so sprites. Ermac and the boys might get a few of them in an update, but that wont be for awhile.
Check out a small alpha test video I made of the specials.

This is just to show off a bit of the moves and their basic timing and stuff. None of the moves are close to 100%. Like the hole in the floor teleport move, P2 needs an animation before he's teleported over. The Clone slide's disintegration is in super alpha in the vid. I actually have the hop up animation in there just as a test to see.

Obviously Ermac's Ultras will not be used for N00B. One thing I didnt show in the video is you can actually do an air combo to P2 after the hole teleport. It does take some timing to get used to. I plan on having the ability to do the anit-air clone/smoke move and have it connect.

As you can see my FX suck. I really wish MK9 was on the Wii so I could get them. Not sure if I can use FreeStyleDash to rip them or not. If anyone can help PLEASE DO.
#10  August 04, 2016, 10:53:58 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
A little more progress on the Specials.
#11  August 04, 2016, 11:12:30 pm
  • Some Party
    • USA
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:yuno:

This is amazing and I love it!!!

Btw, here's the only Noob Saibot palette that I ever found on the internet if it's any help at all. File says MGNoob but I forgot the author name (I think it's ZombieBrock).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ju71vw9h1o2t13/MGNoob.act
#12  August 04, 2016, 11:15:46 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think everything seems a bit slow but you have the skeleton working fine so far. Maybe put a lil more X velocity on the tackle animation. Good work so far. Your portal is actually pretty spot on.

As far as the clone goes I'd make it darker than Noob himself.
#13  August 04, 2016, 11:18:57 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
oooooooooooooh, this looks interesting. Will he have more UMK3 Stuff as well? Like the special that prevents you from doing certain moves? Maybe change it into some kind of debuff for player 2? Looks really cool though, I like the MK9 Esk moves. Can't wait to try him out.

And yeah, it does seem a tad slow, but is it blockable?
#14  August 07, 2016, 10:48:13 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
The speeds of the moves will change depending on if I make 3 different speeds or 3 different positions. That comes later.
The clone(s) will get a palette of their own (mixed into the main palette)
UMK3 stuff kinda depends on the poll I just put up. I'm pretty sure I can code in the 3 moves. Even the reverse of the Disabler where N00B is affected.

I just got MK9 for the 360 today so I'm going to play it and try out ever possible thing I can think of. I got Mortal Kombat Gold. I'll have to beat it and see what he can do in MKG.

For anyone Konfused at the poll and what moves are what. I basically stole the read out from
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Bi-Han
It has the same list but says what games the moves are from. Might help clear some questions up.
The poll is limited to 9 moves because C`mon. 10 would just be waaay too much. I may only take the top most voted moves also. idk.
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#15  August 11, 2016, 01:16:09 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Not sure if you can see easy enough in this pic. But I have N00B's clone throw working (About 65%)
Wayne Brady's gonna have to choke a bitch
It doesn't look all that impressive but the code man! The code! lol. It's kinda creative.
The clone reacts to P2's body. I have it so depending on P2 it wont go as high. And how ever wide P2 is, is where it spawns at.
So it should look the same for each character, but not exactly. The only downside is shorter characters. N00B is so tall that sometimes he's grabbing air. I plan on changing that. And because of my code, the clone will just automatically adapt to where the body's at.
And reading this description and looking back at the two images, Yes, The clone goes above P2's head.
#16  August 12, 2016, 12:06:19 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Maybe have them crouch grab characters that are under a certain height?  So they stand up with the enemy in hand?

This is one awesome looking Noob

#17  August 15, 2016, 01:49:50 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Working on the Ghost Ball/Disabler. I've kinda sorta stolen the Ghost Ball from MK360 sprites. They're not the prettiest.
Should I make N00B not be able to shoot a second GhostBall while the first one is active?
I can't shoot two in MK360 until the effect is gone.

The No Blocking affect will be pretty easy to code in. I'll just make a variable and in every move there will be a hitdef for unblockable if the var is set.
The Konfusion affect, I'm not sure if I'll be able to code that in. It'd probably be possible for a full game but I'm not sure about random characters. If anyone knows how to code this in, please let me know. If there's a Noob Saibot out there that can do it... links??

@altoiddealer:  I'd have to sprite this in. I think what I'm going to do is just have P2 automatically snap into position. If P2 is under a specific height I'll do the "Chest Math" and snap that point to the spot I need it. Grabbing P2's midsection wont look right, and neither will head height. Right in between those 2 should work. Though it might look bad on certain characters who are leaning back pretty far.

----
Small Edit: I have the ghost ball in working about 85%. A question for you guys would be, As it works right now, If P2 is hit with the GhostBall, He can enter into the guard state, but the hitdef hits reguardless (PUN INTENDED).
Should I put code that changes the attack distance so P2 never goes into a guard state?
Also, should Ultras be blockable??
Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:22:54 pm by Odb718
#18  August 16, 2016, 04:07:40 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
the thing is that he'll be moving so fast your eyes won't catch the move in its full motion. I had an MK2 project I was working on(got deleted on accident :/) which had Noob in it  with the grab and it was fast and hard to dodge. It's sposed to look fast and hit hard.
#19  September 04, 2016, 02:21:40 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I didn't like the ghost ball I got from MK9. I had gotten 8 or 9 sprites out of it, and it's just not enough. It stinks. I went back to the drawing board and... I still dont like what I have.
On top of that, the Clone exploding into mud effect stinks. I'd love it if it fell on the ground like it does in game. I know how to code it. Just dont have the sprites. The whole thing just doesn't look good at all.

Slenderman, the throw I'm talking about is the basic ground throw; Fwd+FP. I copied MK9's throw. Smoke comes out of the ground and grabs P2. Takes P2 underground and N00B laughs. Then P2 is shot out of the ground. It's not half, or even a third, as fast as the teleport throw.

I am going to try to mimic the teleport throw's attributes when catching P2 out of the air. The camera locks in on their position and returns to normal once the slam is done. If I can code it and it looks good it'll stay. You do see the turn when P2 is caught in the air. (I've been studying a lot of tape)

I was thinking I could do a crappy version of MK9's X-Ray move as an Ultra. Just the 3 hits. There wouldn't be any bone breaking or X-Ray effects, just the moves. And I dont think the throw-up will make it either lol.
I may do a shuriken type Ultra.

As I'm typing this, I remember a Mugen bug that may actually become a feature.... SelfState gone wrong. You can move and jump around but you can't attack.... Not until you get put back into a selfstate or a hitreaction. Hhhmmmm..... That might make a good EX move or a lvl 1 ultra.
#20  September 04, 2016, 05:30:00 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I know what you're talking about. you could always just use your animation for your regular throw. have your clone use a variant of the original throw coding. just tweak the velocity to your liking.

Now if you're using Smoke instead of his clone why not have Smoke vanish in a puff of...well...smoke? lol
Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:37:41 pm by SlenderMan