YesNoOk

N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE (Read 121859 times)

Started by Odb718, July 21, 2016, 12:51:24 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Should N00b's clones be restricted??

Should I limit the problem clone to be used 1x until P2 hits the ground?
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo?
Should you be allowed to use only one clone 1x per combo?
Should I allow any clone to be used more than 1x after a timer?
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens?
Re: N00BSaibot718 - Custom Noob Saibot WIP POLL UPDATE
#81  August 28, 2020, 05:23:21 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
There are a ton of reasons why these sprites were originally used. One of the main reasons is the total lack of sprites from the games you mentioned. The second main reason is creating new sprites. Sean Altly did a fantastic job, imho. But I like push blocks and 6 buttons for all my characters. Frankenspriting stuff out of OG MK sprites is waaaaaaay harder. I got like 6 more reasons but w/e.
And right now, Nub doesn't look his best because I need to see who's who. Crappy palettes make that a possibility. Maybe that's what you hate? I like the Ermac, Scorpion, and Sub Zero I edited.

As I'm working on the 2 Ultras, one thing is becoming apparent. The cross fire fireball kinda sucks. On top of that, how it's acting now, it'll be even worse if the fireballs cancel eachother out. With P2 dead center, both are hitting at the same time. Offset, the hit at different timings. I've made it so they'll actually push P2 around a bit. It helps a little. Just having a fireball hit P2 doesn't seem to be enough.

Should I try to add an effect to P2 around his body for each ghostball that hits? He has the effect from the regular ghost ball special. But I think something to bind P2 to the ground??

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#82  August 28, 2020, 11:00:20 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
glad to see this still coming along 
#83  September 06, 2020, 04:20:47 am
    • USA
What your doing is great  Odb718, but those sprites are disgusting at best. With Palettes he will still look like a dumbass.  Even if you add the best FX he will still look a greater jackass.

I have the Ps3 version of MK9 but that probably wont help ripping sprites, i looked so far nothing. You would think there would be rips for that game by now. Theres a guy called BLEED that made some 3D HD sprites for Scorpion and SubZero,  so  you know those are professional quality. You can thank Bleed if you color change those into Noob Saibot
#84  September 06, 2020, 05:31:06 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
The sprites are fine as they are BXR, quit being so pedantic. Besides, changing the sprites would require redoing the effects for the clones, which already required extra effort. The current sprites fit the gameplay style better too.
#85  June 15, 2022, 08:40:05 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Long time bump from the dead. I'm doing a small bit of work on N00b right now. Got things looking better for him. Which might help Scorpion out too.

But I've run into a question and I thought it might be best to run a poll.
Right now, I can do an 11+ hit combo in the corner using 1 clone over and over. I'm pretty sure a TAS could get an infinite off.

Should I limit that clone to being used 1x until P2 hits the ground? Only stop the problem clone from being reused in the same combo.
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo? There's 5 clone moves.
Should you be allowed to use a clone 1x per combo? You'd have to pick out of the 5 to use.
Should I allow the individual clone to be used more than 1x after a timer? This could possibly allow it to be used multiple/infinite times.
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens? This could possibly allow infinites.

If you think something else, post here.

All of my personal projects fell to the side. Now that this other main project is done-ish, I'll have more time for my stuff.

Spoiler: Last poll results (click to see content)
#86  June 15, 2022, 02:04:04 pm
    • Portugal
Should I limit that clone to being used 1x until P2 hits the ground? Only stop the problem clone from being reused in the same combo.
Should I limit ALL the different clones being used 1x per combo? There's 5 clone moves.
Should you be allowed to use a clone 1x per combo? You'd have to pick out of the 5 to use.
Should I allow the individual clone to be used more than 1x after a timer? This could possibly allow it to be used multiple/infinite times.
Should I allow all of the clones to be reused instantly no matter what happens? This could possibly allow infinites.

You could make the clones have different hitdefs if they've already been used in the current combo. Say the first clone hits and does 22 ticks of hitstun (just a random number), if you use the same clone again it would only do 12 ticks of hitstun and so forth. If it juggles then change the air velocities instead.

In MK Trilogy, the clone would only "dissipate" if it was blocked. If it hit, it would instead run offscreen and you had to wait a second or two after it was gone to do another one. You could also just "lock" the clones if the combo counter goes over a certain number. Or maybe push Noob away from the opponent if the clone hits in the corner?

Just some ideas
Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 02:12:56 pm by SaltAddict
#87  June 15, 2022, 05:38:54 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#88  June 15, 2022, 10:49:26 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
If you think something else, post here.
I don't like any of your options so I won't vote here. In games, Noob usually makes shadow clones in moves, not in combos, and usually help him by throwing back or away the enemy instead of just attack all at once, so that thing of limiting clones in screen is redundant since Noob usually use 1 clone at the same time (or at least 2 in Noob's Friendship in MK11)

My shadow char, XXX, also uses clones for attacks, but they're only used for certain moves, not to all. In fact, I was based on Noob from MK2 and UMK3 for various issues on his gameplay. And since I mentioned MK11 Noob, maybe you can get some ideas from there, there're various cool moves that can be applied to MUGEN, IMO

Good to see you're back with this project, and don't listen that douchebag, the sprites are great and serve to recreate Noob moves if they're well performed. Good luck wit your project ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#89  June 19, 2022, 03:04:34 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Did some more bug killing and QoL stuff. I decided to do something special for N00b the other 3 ninjas don't have.
They all get a weapon for Fwd+Z. But noob gets the clone. So if you do F+z, ~D,DF,F,c , F+z, you'll get the clone, clone, weapon.
I'm sure you'll be able to get the weapon to appear in other combos too, But the F+z clone has to connect in order for the next F+z to use the weapon. This is one of my few target combos I don't allow to be sloppy. The timing is pretty tight to get the 3rd hit. 
Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to sprite a sickle-snag move, or just use the rock sledgehammer I've already sprited. Currently it's using Scorpion's sword as a stand in. I don't have the skills to sprite a move from scratch so that's looking unlikely. 

Bad Mr. Basara, MK11 uses multiple clones pretty fast move after move. I'm not sure if you ever see two clones on screen at the same time, but it can feel that way. You can see in this youtube video he uses the clone 2x in a row using an amplified sickle-snag.
https://youtu.be/maUjbmiW6T4?t=469

I'm still getting weird bugs when I use the disabler and do clone attacks directly after it. Somehow an explod from the disabler isn't getting destroyed and is catching a ride on the clone(s). Didn't even know this was possible. But I'll really have to pin this one down.

Right now only 10 other people have voted in the poll and 2 are tied. I actually think both have their merits. But limiting each clone to be used only 1x per combo... I think there are so many other characters that can use the same special 2x or more in one combo. Right away Ryu's hurricane kick or dragon punch is one obvious one.
I'll really have to play test this out to see. Making the 1x or the timer method wont be too hard. I can just turn the clone invisible and only destroy it after the target isn't hit, or a certain amount of time on the invis anim is up.

SaltAddict, I think I may end up using a piece of what you said. I think adding a push-back in the corner might become necessary. But At the same time automatically getting that zone would stink. The balancing act is tough. I'm digging the pop/mud effect Balthazar has made me. So maybe that's what pushes P1 away. 

I don't like how the Akuma drop ultra looks/acts. Still working on it though.
#90  August 09, 2023, 02:33:04 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Bump from the NetherRealm. I've squashed the bug with the disabler into the clone attacks. All of the Ultra's I've been working on for more than the last year have all been crap. BUT

This one is becoming fun. I don't know why going into the upkick only gets you 17 hits vs slide to upkick gets you 18. I can't see a reason how/why.
The FX aren't final but they're good enough to show here.

Im trying to decide if the black hole should spin faster or slower.
A LOT of mugen chars in my roster that have multi-fireball ultras are usually spitting out 18. So that's what I'm going with for Noob.

The lack of pause at the end of the Ultra is for testing so I don't have to keep waiting. Noob will be neutral after the ultra, maybe positive 1 or 2 frames.

The Akuma drop ultra is out.

I might release Noob after these last few edits. I'm not sure if he'll get a 4th Ultra. I may make his multiple holes ultra be able to be done in the air.