YesNoOk

How do i remove Tomoyo Sakagami's stun system? (Read 26860 times)

Started by snowy997, June 13, 2022, 08:43:56 pm
Share this topic:
How do i remove Tomoyo Sakagami's stun system?
#1  June 13, 2022, 08:43:56 pm
I would like to disable/remove the stun system from Ouchi's Tomoyo Sakagami, since most other characters in my Mugen don't have have a stun system, so i want to keep things fair and square for the other fighters.
Re: How do i remove Tomoyo Sakagami's stun system?
#2  June 14, 2022, 07:55:39 pm
  • Why,
Yeah, and sometimes it make non stop loop, not funny if it happen "only ko" stage(s)...
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#3  June 16, 2022, 08:34:02 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@snowy997: The way I'd try to remove something like that is to start by finding visuals for it. Is there a stun bar? How do you know when the char is stunned?
You can use Debug by pressing Ctrl+D and read which stateno it's in. Then you'd backtrace what made you go into that state. It'll probably be a ChangeState inside of Statedef -2 or -3.

More than likely there will also be a variable that's counting up, or down, in Statedef -2 for each hit you take.  I'd probably search for that var in the cns and cmd file(s) to make sure I was looking at the right var. Then I'd comment them out using
;
in front of the lines.  This way if something breaks you can delete the ; and it'll go back to how it was. 

It shouldn't be too hard to do, but if you're unfamiliar with Vars it might be a little confusing.
But if you can search the Air and Sff files you might be able to find the stun bar if there is one. Then search the cns file for what's displaying it. Then that might help you track down the Var that's adjusting the scale. Say it's anim 718. There might be a helper or an explod 718 and it's scale will be adjusted by the var.
If you only get rid of the bar, the stun might still happen. And if you only get rid of the stun, then the bar will still be on the screen.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  June 16, 2022, 01:56:24 pm
@snowy997: The way I'd try to remove something like that is to start by finding visuals for it. Is there a stun bar? How do you know when the char is stunned?
You can use Debug by pressing Ctrl+D and read which stateno it's in. Then you'd backtrace what made you go into that state. It'll probably be a ChangeState inside of Statedef -2 or -3.

More than likely there will also be a variable that's counting up, or down, in Statedef -2 for each hit you take.  I'd probably search for that var in the cns and cmd file(s) to make sure I was looking at the right var. Then I'd comment them out using
;
in front of the lines.  This way if something breaks you can delete the ; and it'll go back to how it was. 

It shouldn't be too hard to do, but if you're unfamiliar with Vars it might be a little confusing.
But if you can search the Air and Sff files you might be able to find the stun bar if there is one. Then search the cns file for what's displaying it. Then that might help you track down the Var that's adjusting the scale. Say it's anim 718. There might be a helper or an explod 718 and it's scale will be adjusted by the var.
If you only get rid of the bar, the stun might still happen. And if you only get rid of the stun, then the bar will still be on the screen.

Actually she doesn't have a stun bar, but i will try your method.