#1681  August 20, 2020, 01:25:17 am
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Winners are just losers who tried one more time

Re: Ikemen GO
#1682  August 20, 2020, 01:56:02 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1683  August 20, 2020, 06:12:48 am
    • USA
Does anything pop-up in Ikemen.txt?

Some of the errors regard "GL2" which implies something to do with OpenGL.

My computer is a bit old, so I don't think OpenGL stuff works all that well on it. Is there a way to turn off those capabilities on this version of IKEMEN like there was in other versions? (Because I dunno if there's a "config.ssz" file in this version)

UPDATE: These are the starting lines of my Ikemen.log:

failed to compile #version 150 core

//vertex position
in vec2 vert;

//pass through to fragTexCoord
in vec2 vertTexCoord;

//window res
uniform vec2 resolution;

//pass to frag
out vec2 fragTexCoord;

void main() {
   // convert the rectangle from pixels to 0.0 to 1.0
   vec2 zeroToOne = vert / resolution;

// convert from 0->1 to 0->2
   vec2 zeroToTwo = zeroToOne * 2.0;

// convert from 0->2 to -1->+1 (clipspace)
   vec2 clipSpace = zeroToTwo - 1.0;

fragTexCoord = vertTexCoord;

gl_Position = vec4(clipSpace * vec2(1, -1), 0, 1);
} : Vertex shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:1: '' :  Version number not supported by GL2
ERROR: 0:1: '' : syntax error #version
ERROR:  compilation errors.  No code generated.

The PC I have is a hand-me-down I got from my dad a few years ago, and it's for the most part based in Vista. Am I f**ked if I want the most updated version of IKEMEN GO?

You have the same bug I do. It's because the new pause menu doesn't work with Intel Graphics very well. I am running on Parabola GNU + Linux and I get the same error. I was also running Trisquel GNU + Linux and got the exact same error also. I did try it in windows 10 (though I try to avoid windows because it's non-free, proprietary software and currently have windows purged from all of my computers ) and the problem expressed itself differently. It would open in windows 10, but not reliably. I would have to try to launch it about 10 times in a row to get it to not crash.

I have filed a bug report and Gacel says he is going to fix it soon.

Here is the bug report.

https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/issues/153

I will close it as soon as I test and see that the bug is fixed. So, you can keep watch on it there. I check for the fix at least once daily.
Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:20:35 am by EVILED
#1684  August 20, 2020, 04:34:09 pm
    • rmbase.blog55.fc2.com/
Is there something wrong with the shader code?

gl_Position = vec4(clipSpace * vec2(1, -1), 0, 1);
Perhaps vec4 is a float so numbers need to have a decimal point.
#1685  August 21, 2020, 01:32:15 am
    • Greece
I can't run the newest version log gives me this error:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1686  August 24, 2020, 08:16:21 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Bejeeta that was a test build.
That code should not have been compiled.
Download the newest version again.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So EVILED about the problem you are having with the GPU.
The problem is that the max version of GLSL that it supports is 1.3
And Ikemen GO needs 1.5.

I'll look into switching to GLSL 1.3 without introducing bugs.
Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 09:09:43 pm by Gacel
#1687  August 25, 2020, 10:49:39 am
    • USA
Bejeeta that was a test build.
That code should not have been compiled.
Download the newest version again.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So EVILED about the problem you are having with the GPU.
The problem is that the max version of GLSL that it supports is 1.3
And Ikemen GO needs 1.5.

I'll look into switching to GLSL 1.3 without introducing bugs.

Thank you. It just seemed odd that the older version worked fine. When / why did the requirement increase?

V0.94 from sometime in March launches perfectly. My main reason for wanting to update is to get the new pause menu. That way I can go back with my Fight Sticks and Game Pads without having to hit escape on the keyboard.

I feel bad to keep commenting on the issue. At this point I feel like I'm nagging and I know that this is volunteer work. It was just disheartening to finally see a much anticipated quality of life update come out and then the engine crashes for me. It's like being very close to what I've wanted for months now and yet still so far away. I really do check about once daily for updates on the situation. I like playing the engine and I'm still stuck without a pause menu.

It breaks the general rhythm of the experience to be playing comfortable in my seat only to have to hoist myself upwards and lurch forward to my table and hit Esc every time I want to go to a different mode. I'm also still pricing and looking for an arcade cabinet frame to put all my pieces in to make my arcade cabinet. But, it would also be difficult doing this when I would have to open the cabinet door and hit the Esc key every time I wanted to go back in the menu.

So, I've kind of just held off on both the arcade cabinet project (trying to find a good price for one is also an issue) as well as playing around with the engine in general until this is resolved. It seems like such a minor thing, but I do have my computer hooked up to my TV as more of a "game console" experience than a "desk experience" so it does become problematic. I suppose if I was sitting at a desk or not wanting to make an arcade cabinet then this wouldn't be an issue. But, currently, it's become prohibitive on both accounts; rendering the engine difficult to work with in both use cases.

I guess I wouldn't have imagined a pause menu, of all things, to increase the GLSL needed to run the engine. But, I know little of programming so maybe I'm just naive on that front. Was there other major changes to the engine sense March that necessitated the increase of version?
Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:06:13 am by EVILED
#1688  August 25, 2020, 03:48:26 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Oh is the latest Add004 still perfectly compatible with the latest version?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1689  August 25, 2020, 05:13:26 pm
    • Greece
Yes i have test it and works with the latest version.
#1690  August 25, 2020, 06:12:51 pm
    • UK
It doesn't (I think).
This pops up in Training mode:
Code:
.\external\script\start.lua:1402: chars/Ryu/NormalRyu.def:
data/add004/a4b_main.zss
data/add004/a4b_main.zss:4065:
未定義の関数: fnc_varaddoo
stack traceback:
[G]: in function 'game'
.\external\script\start.lua:1402: in function 'f_selectSimple'
external/script/main.lua:2230: in function <external/script/main.lua:2208>
external/script/main.lua:2723: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:2634: in function 'f_checkSubmenu'
external/script/main.lua:2705: in function 'loop'
external/script/main.lua:3352: in main chunk
[G]: ?
WIP Schedule:
#1691  August 25, 2020, 06:24:59 pm
    • Greece
I am playing right now with newest version from autobuild, have you delete the common1 from data folder? you need to delete this in order to work.
#1692  August 25, 2020, 06:35:10 pm
    • UK
Oh I see my friend, thanks.
WIP Schedule:
#1693  August 25, 2020, 07:50:55 pm
    • USA
It breaks the general rhythm of the experience to be playing comfortable in my seat only to have to hoist myself upwards and lurch forward to my table and hit Esc every time I want to go to a different mode. I'm also still pricing and looking for an arcade cabinet frame to put all my pieces in to make my arcade cabinet. But, it would also be difficult doing this when I would have to open the cabinet door and hit the Esc key every time I wanted to go back in the menu.

If you can't find out how to remap the keyboard escape key to a joystick button using simple external tools, i think you're gonna have a lot of trouble building and setting up an arcade cab (which I have done). Programs like JoyToKey/QJoyPad exist for these reasons, I suggest you really read throughly before building a cab head on. These are one of the first programs you should know about.

Also, I think its time for you to really upgrade, or alteast buy cheap used parts (as long as theyre not hard drives) and have it dedicated to an arcade cab. Bought an old i5 2500k, motherboard,ram, and 750ti gpu for only $200 all together for my dedicated arcade cab. TBH I think its time you upgrade, I mean these parts I'm listing are still pretty old anyway but cheap and support basic opengl and glsl versions used in ikemen go. At some points the devs need to move forwards.
#1694  August 27, 2020, 06:09:26 am
    • USA

If you can't find out how to remap the keyboard escape key to a joystick button using simple external tools, i think you're gonna have a lot of trouble building and setting up an arcade cab (which I have done). Programs like JoyToKey/QJoyPad exist for these reasons, I suggest you really read throughly before building a cab head on. These are one of the first programs you should know about.

Also, I think its time for you to really upgrade, or alteast buy cheap used parts (as long as theyre not hard drives) and have it dedicated to an arcade cab. Bought an old i5 2500k, motherboard,ram, and 750ti gpu for only $200 all together for my dedicated arcade cab. TBH I think its time you upgrade, I mean these parts I'm listing are still pretty old anyway but cheap and support basic opengl and glsl versions used in ikemen go. At some points the devs need to move forwards.

First off, I have already built a fight stick. I have also already tested the fight stick out on the mini computer, with IKEMEN Go, and the TV for it. This is going to be a home-made "arcade" not really an official one. So, something cheap like a $400 - $500 MDF Wood box (similar to an Arcade 1-Up) to slap my mini computer, fight sticks, and monitor into.

I shouldn't have to use joystick to keyboard mapping with an engine that has a native pause menu and back button. That would be pretty bad, for the sake of the engine, if I have to map around the engine because of the engine's own dysfunction. I have used similar programs in the past as a work around. But, the point is, a well programmed engine shouldn't need a work around. If a work around is needed, then the engine has failed.

The reason for the graphics chip is because I prefer to run completely Free Software, as defined by the Free Software Foundation (FSF) Operating Systems. This means no non-free, proprietary graphics drivers. This means everything AMD and NVidia makes are completely useless to me because they refuse to liberate the code of their drivers and thus I am stuck with Intel Integrated Graphics because they are the only company that does. I would most likely loose hardware acceleration entirely with a graphic card from either of the other two companies. I actually did have an old graphic card that could run star wars battlefront 2 before I decided to purge windows and took that card and put it in recycling because I don't need it anymore.

So, it's not a cost issue so much as it is a Software Freedom issue. Which is important to me because I'm the one who actually asked Super Suehiro about what license he wanted to release the engine under and suggested some Free Software ones because I have been looking for a Free Software replacement for mugen for more than a decade. So, I was the one that actually pushed the issue. Otherwise, the code was previously just floating out there without a license. Which, code like that is technically 'source available' proprietary software at that point; according to US Copyright Law. All copy-writable works are presumed propitiatory under modern US copyright law unless the author specifically places them under a Free Software License, completely regardless as to whether the source is 'available' to see or not; it makes no difference at all. The law used to be different on this. Things without copyright used to instantly fall into public domain. But, it doesn't work that way anymore.

So, it's disappointing to have championed the licensing issue for the engine only then to have the engine no longer function as intended in a Free Software environment. Especially considering it did just a few months ago back in March.

I hear that Intel might be coming out with a discrete graphic card in a year or so. So, maybe that will be more powerful? But, unless or until that happens, I am stuck with integrated graphics.

Space Station 14 runs just fine. Hedgewars runs just fine. Minetest runs just fine, and that's a 3D Voxel Engine. So, I'm not sure why this has to be an issue. IKEMEN GO is another 2D engine that uses some light hardware acceleration. I don't see why it would ever require the newest versions of dependencies to process what are essentially very, very, basic things. That just seems like updating dependencies 'just because' without having any real reason for doing so; making a lot of lower level hardware systems incompatible for absolutely no real reason in any way, shape, or form at all once so ever.
Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:18:47 am by EVILED
#1695  August 27, 2020, 11:43:42 am
    • rmbase.blog55.fc2.com/
This is a bit weird because the Intel 4600 he's using should support Open GL 4.2 and it supports GLSL 4.2.
Check Open GL with glxinfo.
#1696  August 28, 2020, 01:40:15 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
The GLSL requirement did not increase.
It has always been version 1.5.
I fell like something is wrong with your drivers.

Still, I made so you can select the GLSL version 1.3 adding this:
Code:
"FontShaderVer": "130 core",
To the config file.

EDIT:
AMD drivers are also open source. (On Linux) The only closed ones are NVIDIA.
I understand using a Open Source OS and drivers because of the advantage it brings.

But not all things need to be free software.
You can play games that are closed source or (non-free) sometimes.
Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 03:30:18 am by Gacel
#1697  August 28, 2020, 07:59:19 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
OK this is a potentially game breaking idea or a major game changing idea. Has anyone played a coop tag arcade mode and went up against a team of 4 Ai characters well wouldn't it be nice that player 1 has characters 1 and 3 and player 2 has 2 and 4  and they could tag out between those characters I feel it'd add a more of strategic approach to certain modes especially if Boss Rush comes back.
#1698  August 29, 2020, 01:01:42 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I've been curious to ask but I wasn't sure if there was a simple way to set up specific matches for each character's arcade mode, I know that you can make it so it pools characters of a certain order so it can only pick from something like order=1,2, etc. Or the specific rival match where you can do something like 1={kfm[, 2={suavedude}. I just wanted to make it so that in arcade mode it only allows certain characters for specific encounters in groups, so someone like Ryu can only fight Ken/Kyo/Wolverine on a specific round. I don't necessarily want to make teams as someone mentioned on the previous page, I just wanted it so it narrows down each fight to only like 2-3 people possible per stage and then randomly select 1 of those few I add.

I was trying to see if adding multiple rivals with the same number ex. 1={ Ken},1={ Kyo},1={ KFM} but that just prioritizes whoever is further to the right with the value it seems.
#1699  August 29, 2020, 01:15:02 am
I've been curious to ask but I wasn't sure if there was a simple way to set up specific matches for each character's arcade mode, I know that you can make it so it pools characters of a certain order so it can only pick from something like order=1,2, etc. Or the specific rival match where you can do something like 1={kfm[, 2={suavedude}. I just wanted to make it so that in arcade mode it only allows certain characters for specific encounters in groups, so someone like Ryu can only fight Ken/Kyo/Wolverine on a specific round. I don't necessarily want to make teams as someone mentioned on the previous page, I just wanted it so it narrows down each fight to only like 2-3 people possible per stage and then randomly select 1 of those few I add.

I was trying to see if adding multiple rivals with the same number ex. 1={ Ken},1={ Kyo},1={ KFM} but that just prioritizes whoever is further to the right with the value it seems.

rivals param will be removed in the next major version. This system will be used instead: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki#misc_arcs
It allows to implement stuff you've requested (and what RagingRowen requested here, and pretty much whatever you can think of).

OK this is a potentially game breaking idea or a major game changing idea. Has anyone played a coop tag arcade mode and went up against a team of 4 Ai characters well wouldn't it be nice that player 1 has characters 1 and 3 and player 2 has 2 and 4  and they could tag out between those characters I feel it'd add a more of strategic approach to certain modes especially if Boss Rush comes back.
not sure if I understand. If you mean 2 human players using tag or simul mode against cpu than that's already implemented (team coop). Mode in which 2 players use tag against each other also already exists (team versus). If you mean more than 2 human players fighting each other in tag or simul than that will be available in next major release (versus coop mode)

edit: also Boss Rush doesn't have to come back, it never went anywhere. See select.def boss character param description.
Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:42:06 pm by K4thos
#1700  August 29, 2020, 02:25:31 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Hi. I would like to be able to specify where the cursor goes after selecting a character in any of the team modes, would this be easy to implement?