YesNoOk

Why MvC Is Hated In Mugen Community? (Read 42985 times)

Started by ZaptoGames, February 17, 2016, 06:29:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Why MvC Is Hated In Mugen Community?
#61  February 18, 2016, 01:36:03 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Correction: They replicate fighting against a TAS player. And trying to fight against Rel's creations isn't fun at all
Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:41:44 pm by Meldo Wiseau
#62  February 18, 2016, 01:39:34 pm
Rel's MvC3 characters replicate the accuracy of getting mad that someone is better than you in MvC3 :^)

fuck you bitch noob only reason u won cuz u kept spammin that broken shit all day u dont have any skillz
#63  February 18, 2016, 08:07:11 pm
  • For honor!
I remember playing with and against DCL's Ken in an all Ken Ikemen. That thing is almost Kaz levels of stupid.

Iroha stripped for me
#64  February 18, 2016, 08:53:20 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Kal's MvC Blazblue characters make me hate everything.

I cannot forgive anyone who ruins Mu-12 : (
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#65  February 18, 2016, 09:15:58 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wasn't DCL's the one that had Killer Instinct combo sounds and messages and a Ryu striker? I had a Ken that may have been his with the,.

Mainly, while I'm here, I can't stand MvC styled stuff because... Well, it's already been said multiple times...

Hey, Kaz's stuff isn't THAT bad if you don't mind the null shit, OHKOs, and general OP-ness... His Ryu DID have the New Generation background, voice, and winscreen after all... (Maybe his Sean did, too, never checked, fighting his stuff is just... UGH...)
#66  February 18, 2016, 09:35:49 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
I had another DCL Ken that had a darker pallete, but MvC2 anouncer voices, CvS effects and voices, and some new hypers. Used it a lot back when before switching to Mouser's version and DW13's edit later on.

Also, note how most MvC2 rips have six buttons rather than four. I understand why, but find it odd at the same time.
#67  February 18, 2016, 10:10:16 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
It's not just IMT that makes terrible marvel characters anymore (hell, I don't think they make anything anymore, period. The last time they did something was Avengers Vs X-Men), it's also these new comic book sites, like Mugen Multiverse and CrusaderCast. History finds a way to repeat itself with mvc :c
#68  February 18, 2016, 10:16:29 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
It's not just IMT that makes terrible marvel characters anymore (hell, I don't think they make anything anymore, period. The last time they did something was Avengers Vs X-Men), it's also these new comic book sites, like Mugen Multiverse and CrusaderCast. History finds a way to repeat itself with mvc :c

Those guys ALWAYS shat on VS style in general though.  Whatever site it was that Volzilla belonged to was a top offender.  Arguably, the DC characters were just as bad as if not worse than IMT's stuff.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#69  February 18, 2016, 10:18:35 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
I think some IMT people jumped ship to the two aforementioned sites or just quit overall. I recall Arkady going to MMV at least.

Vozilla's site is MMV.

lui

#70  February 18, 2016, 10:20:10 pm
    • USA
i lost faith in any decent DC characters a long time ago
#71  February 18, 2016, 10:23:37 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#72  February 18, 2016, 10:25:09 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Aerial Raves what makes you "MvC"? Because, most "MvC" characters don't even have that down...

lui

#73  February 18, 2016, 10:31:33 pm
    • USA
its a required feature, yes
#74  February 18, 2016, 11:10:44 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
It seems like most of the better MvC characters are the ones made in MvC1 style... Beximus and DG come to mind, even though I like Infinite I feel like those are polished a lot more for some reason imo.

Also for some reason I thought you guys were talking about Kazmer for a moment, heh.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#75  February 18, 2016, 11:22:46 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
K-Y Shanix's Ryu is really good, too.
#76  February 19, 2016, 01:41:41 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Yeah, I meant Kong's stuff.

DCL's stuff WOULD be good, if he wasn't using the IMT Template, it feels decently like source, but it has issues that come from using the IMT template, and some that are just his unwillingness to do what the source game did, but none of his character were BAD, per say, but it's been a while since I've played one of his works so I don't remember exactly.
I don't think he used the IMT template. He use vyn's MvC-EoH characters as a base, made a template out of it, and use that instead. I happen to have that template so I know, although I'm not sure if vyn used IMT stuff on his MvC-EoH characters. DCL's characters aren't bad at all, although I did question him about his latest ones like his Dark Psylocke and Gouki. Those characters had too much knockback and air juggling isn't fluent as his past creations. I had no idea why did he decide to change his style of coding nor I bothered to ask.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#77  February 19, 2016, 04:57:50 am
  • For honor!
I'd argue Marvel vs Capcom 2 has it the best in terms of MUGEN conversions just because of Kamekaze alone.
Iroha stripped for me
#78  February 19, 2016, 05:11:29 am
I assume its because people really like air combo's and infinites.

And much like others have said, throughout history, there have been tons of broken inaccurate MVC chars done.

I assumed POTS style would be more disliked than MVC
#79  February 19, 2016, 06:03:47 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
people are now talking about good mvc convertions yet no one has mentioned splode (or other creators from that time)

fuck, even sunboy's stuff is better than most "mvc-style" chars nowdays
Beximus and DG come to mind
their chars may not be accurate but they sure were fun to play with
#80  February 19, 2016, 06:11:41 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Aerial Raves what makes you "MvC"? Because, most "MvC" characters don't even have that down...
Aerial raves are not all there is to it. Super jump, launchers, DEFINED combo systems, canceling, dampeners for both damage and power, additional recovery things, advancing guard, tech hits (haven't bothered with these, too much of a pain in mugen)

All sorts of stuff makes a character MvC. Combo spam and super jumps != MvC.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.