YesNoOk

Hyrule Warriors (WiiU) (Read 248833 times)

Started by DNZRX768, December 18, 2013, 11:52:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
#621  December 10, 2015, 01:21:51 am
Just the gist of it...
The ocean map will be available right from the start in adventure mode
You can find fairies and put them in bottles and befriend them, then you can bring one partner to the battlefield to have them use their unique fairy magic
You can customize and train your fairy, find different kinds of food (lonlon milk, magic bean, roasted meat) on the battle maps, bring it to your fairy to level them up and develop special skills and strengthen the fairy magic
there's also fairy wear, to... coordinate the fairy with your character... they're not revealing the details of what it does, but it can... increase the tension of the battle ?
Go to the dining room, the salon, the school, the party to feed your fairy, dress your fairy, rent skills, and find people in a local connection to rent skills, respectively
renting skills makes them available for one day if there are some missions you're having trouble with, so find friends with strong skills

in adventure mode, there's of course the ocean map, but they're pointing out they strengthened the network link stuff because it went well
ocean map has another set of original costumes for everyone (or most characters). Nothing about where the hell they come from, maybe it's just random.
the new map has 10 new types of items : wind waker, salvage arm, sea map (equivalent of the compass), cannon, hero's bow, boomerang, ... hyoi truth ? (basically a lense of truth, or the Wind Waker equivalent, whatever it is, to find treasures, not sure what's the difference between this and the map), power wrist (to lift boulders and uncover enemies, apparently), hammer, deku leaf

------------------------------------------

http://www.destructoid.com/linkle-might-be-coming-to-future-zelda-titles-325289.phtml
Oh cool, Linkle is pretty much canon and has good chances of popping up in actual Zelda titles whenever it fits.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:04:12 pm by DKDC
#622  December 11, 2015, 03:58:05 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
I'd love for Cia and Volga to pop up in another game and i guess Wizzro as well, Lana can be left out though.

Video of the stream that happened character select screen has one more spot open so unless it's random select there's probably another character left.
Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 08:01:24 pm by Girard
#623  December 13, 2015, 06:13:57 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
So excited for this content. This game is just doing everything right DLC wise. Honestly with Skull Kid finally playable, any extra playable characters are just bonuses for me. Would be cool to see another villain in there with so many heroes.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#624  December 13, 2015, 02:18:07 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I'm secretly hoping for either Groose or Vaati.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#625  December 13, 2015, 02:35:05 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
If there is another character, Vaati would be an awesome choice.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#626  March 04, 2016, 12:04:14 am
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hyrule-warriors-legends-season-pass-announced
Nintendo has announced a Season Pass for Hyrule Warriors Legends, which will give you access to four downloadable content packs, as well as a bonus costume for Ganondorf available on launch day.

Medli, from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, will be a downloadable character included with the first downloadable content pack.
Medli is a free download for both versions.

As someone who bought the orignal Wii U version Legends has to be the biggest fuck you ever. Fuck Koei Temco and Nintendo for this one.

#627  March 04, 2016, 12:09:41 am
Yeah, until now they always said "the characters can be downloaded on the Wii U version" but they always avoided directly answering whether the rest of the new stuff (story, maps, costumes etc.) would be available too, but now it's pretty clear there won't be anything else. Fuck these guys and Nintendo's habit of really wanting you to buy both versions of a game.

I hate the WW style and design but that Ganondorf costume is really well done.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#628  March 04, 2016, 12:19:02 am
    • USA
Gotta give credit where's due. Koei Tecmo always finds a way to fuck you up, no matter the platform.
#629  March 04, 2016, 11:55:13 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
I only have a 2DS and I am grinning hella hard, in that case.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#630  March 15, 2016, 10:53:08 pm
http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-the-hyrule-warriors-3ds-to-wii-u-transfer-process-works-348884.phtml
Oh that's a fun detail that wasn't even touched on at any point in time during the entire ad campaign for the 3DS version
You know when they said you would be able to get the new characters on the Wii U version ? They said it would allow you to "transfer" them. Meaning you're doing the transfer from the 3DS version to the Wii U version. As in, you need to have the physical 3DS game, and that gives you a code that you can use to download them on the Wii U. The new characters were never going to be a free DLC made available for the Wii U, they require you to buy the game on 3DS.

Which makes it completely worthless - except for playing those characters on the big screen if you have both. But the whole thing was worthless from the beginning if you weren't going to buy the 3DS version in the first place. Just as a few people have suspected a few times in this thread. Way to keep the misunderstanding going as long as possible by always being as vague as possible.
I'm dropping out. (even though I do have a 3DS)
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:59:47 pm by Byakko
#631  March 15, 2016, 11:04:01 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Oh well. Nintendo can still have my money.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#632  March 15, 2016, 11:07:21 pm
that sounds like they're missing out on money to me. i wouldn't pay a dime for the 3ds game because i already have it on the wii u, and paying that much for some extra characters isn't appealing to me, but i'd pay just for the characters as normal dlc on the wii u.

the whole "be vague as fuck until the last minute" thing is just something nintendo has been doing a lot lately and it's fucking annoying
#633  March 15, 2016, 11:12:59 pm
To be fair, it seems to be the same thing they did with Mewtwo for Smash 4 (I didn't buy either version but I vaguely followed that), IIINM he ended up being available on both versions separately without needing both, so it's still possible it'll be the same here. But they've been dancing around the question, avoided saying anything until the very last minute, and that's really infuriating for someone who's followed the game since the first reveal (I bought a Wii U just for that game). And even if it became available, the Wii U still wouldn't get the new story bits, new maps, new adventure mode and such (though I could live without the new fairy system).
#634  March 15, 2016, 11:42:07 pm
    • USA
The code being include with the 3ds version that allowed you to transfer the characters to the Wii U version was mentioned around the time Toon Link was revealed or is there some other detail i'm missing?

To be fair, it seems to be the same thing they did with Mewtwo for Smash 4 (I didn't buy either version but I vaguely followed that), IIINM he ended up being available on both versions separately without needing both, so it's still possible it'll be the same here.

After the whole Warriors Orochi 3 thing i think the only way the Legends characters will be playable without having to buy the 3ds version would be a NX port(or a Wii U complete edition) at this point.
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:46:13 pm by Girard
#635  March 15, 2016, 11:56:17 pm
The code being include with the 3ds version that allowed you to transfer the characters to the Wii U version was mentioned around the time Toon Link was revealed or is there some other detail i'm missing?
Really ? I don't remember a mention of a code. I've been checking past pages of this thread and I didn't find a specific mention of what it would be. From my translations of the official site at the time, it just said that the new characters would be available on Wii U. There's just one article that says the WW characters would be playable on the Wii U "via" the 3DS version, but that's it. The videos for the new characters all showed a 3DS version with an arrow pointing toward the Wii U version, saying "the new chars can be used on Wii U too" which is ambiguous as fuck and could be taken both ways between the drawing and the text. And then they never said anything else beyond that - quite simply because they only ever talked about the 3DS version and entirely stopped talking about the Wii U version like it didn't exist anymore.

To be fair with Warriors Orochi 3, each version kept adding large sections of story (the content doubled between each port). Unless we can expect not just a "complete edition", but a further upgrade with even more stuff...
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:00:10 am by Byakko
#636  March 16, 2016, 12:07:58 am
    • USA
#637  March 16, 2016, 12:18:20 am
Oh lol, this is from September.
Looking back at the articles that were posted in here... There actually is a single sentence that mentions it in one of them from the same time period :( "Toon Link will be playable on the Wii U version too !! The new character(s) coming out in Legends will be available on the Wii U too on release (you'll need both versions)". I missed that at the time >_<
#638  March 18, 2016, 02:04:14 pm
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hyrule-warriors-legends-season-pass-dlc-detailed
Nintendo has detailed the Season Pass downloadable content it plans to launch over the course of 2016 for both the upcoming Hyrule Warriors: Legends for 3DS and already released Hyrule Warriors for Wii U.
Get the information below.

■ Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass

The Legends of Hyrule Pack will be available in three forms:

Available March 24, 2016:

Nintendo 3DS Only Season Pass: DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS only – $14.99 / £13.49 / €14,99
        Nintendo 3DS + Wii U Season Pass: DLC for both Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS and Hyrule Warriors on Wii U – $16.99 / £15.29 / €16,99

Available summer 2016:

Wii U Only Season Pass: DLC for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U only – $9.99 / £8.99 / €9,99

■ Downloadable Content Packs

There will be four DLC Packs for Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS, which can be bought separately or all at once in the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass.

Late spring 2016: Master Wind Waker Pack (DLC Pack 1) – $1.99 / £1.79 / €1,99

If you purchase the Master Wind Waker Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

16 new My Fairy costume pieces
        The “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle scenario

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2) – $6.99 / £6.29 / €6,99

If you purchase the Link’s Awakening Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

16 new My Fairy costume pieces
        A new map for Adventure Mode with two new challenge battle scenarios
        A new playable character
        A new weapon for Linkle

Fall 2016: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3) – $6.99 / £6.29 / €6,99

If you purchase the Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

15 new My Fairy costume pieces
        A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios
        A new playable character
        A new weapon for Toon Link

Winter 2016: A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4) – $6.99 / £6.29 / €6,99

If you purchase the A Link Between Worlds Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

15 new My Fairy Costumes
        A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios
        Two new playable characters

■ Downloadable content for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U

In addition to the previously released downloadable content, there will be three DLC Packs for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, which can be bought separately or all at once in the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass.

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2) – $4.99 / £4.49 / €4,99

A new playable character
        A new weapon for Linkle

If you have not previously purchased the Legends Character Pack or used the download code provided with Hyrule Warriors: Legends, then you will download a version of Linkle who will only be able to use this new weapon.

If you purchase the Legends Character Pack or use the code after downloading this DLC Pack, then Linkle will also be able to use her Crossbow weapon.

Fall 2016: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3) – $4.99 / £4.49 / €4,99

A new playable character
        A new weapon for Toon Link

If you have not previously purchased the Legends Character Pack or used the download code provided with Hyrule Warriors: Legends, then you will download a version of Toon Link who will only be able to use this new weapon.

If you purchase the Legends Character Pack or use the code after downloading this DLC Pack, then Toon Link will also be able to use his Hero’s Sword weapon.

Winter 2016: A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4) – $4.99 / £4.49 / €4,99

Two new playable characters

■ Dual Purchase

Each corresponding 3DS and Wii U downloadable content packs (DLC Packs 2, 3, and 4) can be purchased for both Hyrule Warriors: Legends and Hyrule Warriors together for $8.99 / £8.09 / €8,99.

■ New characters in Hyrule Warriors on Wii U

All new copies of Hyrule Warriors: Legends (including downloads of the game via Nintendo eShop) will come with a download code that allows Wii U owners to download Linkle, Skull Kid, Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes and Ganondorf’s trident weapon into Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

Free downloadable character: Medli

You can download the playable character Medli from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for free on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family systems, regardless of whether you have previously bought DLC or a Season Pass. Medli will be available to download when The Master Wind Waker Pack (DLC Pack 1) launches.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content
I already have Hyrule Warriors for Wii U and don’t plan to purchase Hyrule Warriors: Legends for Nintendo 3DS. What are my options?

Owners of Hyrule Warriors for Wii U can purchase the Wii U Only Season Pass to access upcoming downloadable content for £8.99 / €9,99, or download each pack separately for £4.49 / €4,99 each.

The Legends Character Pack, which costs £10.79 / €11.99 and will launch in summer 2016, includes Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes and Ganondorf’s trident weapon. This pack is not available as part of the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass. Tetra, King Daphnes, Skull Kid and Ganondorf's new trident weapon will not be available to purchase outside of this pack.

Cool Wii U Players do get the characters with out needing to buy the 3DS version glad i was wrong about that though it sucks the Wii U version isn't getting any new adventure maps(or the final part of the story it seems) but at least it's getting all the new characters and weapons.
#639  March 18, 2016, 10:26:24 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Agreed. But a few more mediocre characters and weapons seems like it's going to be pointless in terms of bringing in new fun factor for Wii U owners if they've already cleared all existing adventure mode maps and the story. I mean all the Wii U dlc and updates got released like what a year ago already? I doubt that little bit of new dlc would get very many Wii U owners to get back into playing the game if they'd already stopped for quite some time. I still have the Majora's Mask map and most of the Twilight Princess map to finish though so I guess the new characters and weapons might be put to use for me.
#640  March 20, 2016, 06:32:54 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
I still have the Majora's Mask map and most of the Twilight Princess map to finish though so I guess the new characters and weapons might be put to use for me.

Same here. 
Wifey and I had played hundreds of hours, then took a break from the game. 
Recently she wanted to start playing the game again, but I convinced her to wait till at least the first batch of new DLC.  Now I'm glad I did.