YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2444352 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#10761  March 14, 2016, 08:24:07 pm
 :bison: about fucking time!
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#10762  March 15, 2016, 11:19:52 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
What if it goes back on indefinite hiatus soon after :wiseguy:
#10763  March 15, 2016, 11:34:39 am
yeah that seems to be the common belief, release enough chapters to be compiled in one volume and take the rest of the year off.
i like HXH but not as passionately as i used to be. it's better to not get your hopes up with it so you can enjoy what little you get from it.
#10764  March 15, 2016, 06:01:52 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Set your expectations low enough and even dirt can become diamonds lol. It's kinda sad what happened to HxH before since the show had crazy potential. I hope the mangaka can continue this series the way it deserves to end :)
#10765  March 16, 2016, 06:32:28 pm
I was reading the Chimera Arc where Killua fought Shoot. Maybe I'll continiue as this could be decent.
#10766  March 16, 2016, 11:33:23 pm
#10767  March 17, 2016, 12:07:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
those are some pretty nice news. to celebrate here's some pandora shirow art.

#10768  March 18, 2016, 10:46:05 am
#10769  March 18, 2016, 05:33:15 pm
loved the trailer. the animation looks very good, so yeah it's probably getting a bigger budget now. can't wait for it!

the jojo thread would've been a better place for this news i guess.
#10770  March 18, 2016, 06:29:28 pm
It's still the same trailer that's been going around in every convention it's been presented at since it was announced several months ago.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#10771  March 18, 2016, 06:46:28 pm
oh yeah i noticed that, i didn't watch it before for whatever reason :P
#10772  March 19, 2016, 02:54:34 am
those are some pretty nice news. to celebrate here's some pandora shirow art.

img

What's the story behind this? Were all the Arise characters originally rejects from Pandora? Why are they not dripping in oil?
Proto Clarion and Nene look nice.

Lupin the Third 2015/Part 4 is over and what a fun show it has been. It's a really good modern reinterpretation of the series and the production values have been solid through out the overall length of the show. It's nice to see that Italian co-production money go far. I can't remember the last time I saw a car chase animated in 2D on a tv anime. Currently holding back tears. They did a good job of not going overboard on the goofiness or swinging too far in too the pulpy realm with Fujiko Mine/Jigen's Gravestone (which is still cool by the way). I hope that this was successful enough to warrant a continuation.
Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:58:05 am by LurkerSupreme
#10773  March 19, 2016, 04:02:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What's the story behind this? Were all the Arise characters originally rejects from Pandora? Why are they not dripping in oil?
Proto Clarion and Nene look nice.
afaik, the koukako no pandora is a collaboration between shirow and the excel saga mangaka. it's mostly a work of the excel saga one so he does not has acces too shirow oil (tm).tho it's kinda weird hearing gits terms being thrown in another series (like cyberization).
#10774  March 19, 2016, 04:18:38 am
I know about the collab, it's just that bunch of the background characters look suspiciously like early versions of Arise characters. I was wondering if this was some the concept art or just tribute.

edit: nvm it's concept art for Shrow's original rejected project before it was passed onto Rikudo. It looks lke some of the designs got katamari'd into Arise. Interesting.
Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:34:06 am by LurkerSupreme
#10775  March 19, 2016, 04:36:33 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, I tought it was hyperbole so I assumed it was the simpler question, warui.
#10776  March 20, 2016, 12:05:12 pm
Boku dake ga inai machi episode 11 left my heart shattered into tiny little pieces.
#10777  March 20, 2016, 07:26:05 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
Man I was watching that weekly but the cliff hangers at the end of each episode were too annoying. I'm just waiting for now for next week's episode so I can binge them >:)
#10778  March 20, 2016, 11:49:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
me too man, me too; though considering my "binge" is like 2 episodes per day, I can get started now.
#10779  March 22, 2016, 04:56:10 am
as someone watching it week to week, I'm glad the cliffhanger fest is drawing to close. Please don't suck.

Characters in Schwartzmarken sure like dying. There's so much backstabbing that it's hard to straighten out who works for who anymore. No one seems to care that Berlin is going to be drowning in Betas soon either. The conclusion is looking to be spectacular.

Mr. Osomatsu looks fine too. The Totoko centric episode was so ridiculously funny that it's hard to hate on that miserable pile. I had a spit take when and arab oil magnate just came out of nowhere, said he loved her and loving started pouring petrol down her throat. The second part was less comical and a bit of downer. I guess the show can't always be about the sextuplets being terrible people for all eternity, but it's made a serious turn. I can't imagine a show that has been so off the wall with its humor striving to have a standard feel good ending. Can't wait to see what happens.
#10780  March 23, 2016, 11:48:15 am
Man I was watching that weekly but the cliff hangers at the end of each episode were too annoying. I'm just waiting for now for next week's episode so I can binge them >:)

That's what I like about the show. I still can't believe who the killer was and here I thought he was a likable lawful character or maybe because we just happened to have the same job.

any shows you guys can recommend? I've got 5 free days so I could laze around and watch some stuff.
Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:51:29 am by TsuKasa ´・ω・`