#81  April 12, 2014, 11:30:02 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Re: Ryu, our template, our GOD
#82  April 13, 2014, 12:36:27 am
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
@FrozenDelight: I helped you out in a number of PMs so now I'm asking for a hand here if you don't mind. Would you make a recording of Ryu's CLSNs from SF3TS and upload it for me? I use bandicam to record. Be sure to record at 60FPS. Try to get as much as I did for SFA Ryu.
I umm, oh, right ok. I am... a part of this? I thought you weren't using Street Fighter III Ryu (?). I am unfamiliur with CPS3 and Street Fighter III. This method is not how I'm doing it for X-Men: COTA. Is there not a Debug / Test Menu in SFIII?

Please correct any incorrect programs / settings -

- Mame-RR
- Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (JAPAN 990608 No CD - this is only version I could get to work in Mame-RR for some reason)
- Bandicam

I have set the resolution in Bandicam to 384×224, the res. looks a little off to me, so please check. See attached video for a sample (this is just an example to confirm settings). You may also want me to change the resolution in the emulator, I didn't record that video in the 4:3 ratio. If you wish for me to switch off the background, I will have to be informed on how to do that. Some things bother me a little, such as the character moving around. But I don't have time at the moment to mess around with ArtMoney, I haven't used it for a while and was never good at it. Though I do wish to re-visit it at some point. Is it the video you want from me only, or did you want me to do something to it before sending it to you?

Video File Example (compressed with 7zip); https://www.hightail.com/download/elNKZ296MGNrYURLd01UQw
An anthropomorphic existential nightmare.
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:08:06 am by FrozenDelight
#83  April 13, 2014, 01:16:27 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thanks Memo! You did great! I tweaked a few things and removed a few that I wasn't completely sure about. I didn't label the supers because I'll probably want to tweak them a bit more while coding them myself.

The main thing is that we have the sff and air set up for the basic movements/attacks! I'm so used to SFA that I'd forgotten Ryu's LK from that game was his MK from CVS2 nice catch!

* Just No Point goes to add memo to the credits for that contribution while it's fresh

FrozenDelight Nah you're not officially a part of this. Consider it me calling in a favor and you were the only person in this board I knew was dabbing in this field. I won't call you for any others, I just don't have all my emulators reinstalled yet :P

That looks good enough to me. Do you know how to access the cheats in Mame-RR to remove the BG? If not go here and download the cheat.zip it will give you the cheats and tell you how to turn it on in Mame.

If you can record like that with the backgrounds removed that'd be great! The reason I want to get SF3 Ryu's CLSN data is to compare it with SFA data and come up with the better CLSNs for these sprites. Some of these are off compared to SFA and I want to see if they are off from SF3 as well.

Thanks man!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I updated both the sff and air
#84  April 13, 2014, 01:56:40 am
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Do you know how to access the cheats in Mame-RR to remove the BG? If not go here and download the cheat.zip it will give you the cheats and tell you how to turn it on in Mame.

Oh I was already using cheats. Hmm, I'm pretty sure I have the latest one, but there is no option in the cheat menu to switch off backgrounds. I will double check though.
#85  April 13, 2014, 02:28:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
If not that's fine. Choose a bg without a lot of interference if you can.
#86  April 13, 2014, 02:41:50 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
No problem I'm down to help what ever way i can.
#87  April 13, 2014, 09:39:17 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

Don't know why I don't use my Mugen Network space more often instead of that ShitBucket site :P
I'm pretty sure it resets the 19th for me, if my memory is still worth anything.
#88  April 13, 2014, 01:01:28 pm
Great outlines.
Say, what group should we number them? (this question is not only for you, but for everyone)

@The Dreamslayer: you updated the .sff with the old j.SP sprites.
I'm now updating it with the new sprites, please download this one. It has 618 sprites like the one you updated yesterday.
Done. Download it again.

I'm going to fix also the stance that Buckus and CvSnb edited (gloves, a bit the shading, the palette etc.).
I would wait for ink to finish the stance, but meanwhile I want to do some practice of this style.
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:06:47 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#89  April 13, 2014, 02:52:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I swore I updated the sff before I began work again. Getting the new sff again now.
Looks amazing Balthazar!
#90  April 13, 2014, 07:27:33 pm
  • 2D Forever. Maybe.
    • www.twitch.tv/brendle
Here is the video you wanted, Just No Point. I'm not sure how much use it will be. I missed some out, let me know if you need them. I don't know much about 3rd Strike, I just went through stuff I know exists in Ryus move set, sorry for it's randomness. I know it's not much, but perhaps it will be of some use. Perhaps I will find a better way to data mine from SFIII when I have more time. To be honest, I thought this stuff from SFIII had already been done before.

https://www.hightail.com/download/elNKZ28wdVV0d0ZjR01UQw

Oops, it's rather large. Heres a smaller version.

https://www.hightail.com/download/elNKZ285RkV0TWtaQ2NUQw
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:43:03 pm by FrozenDelight

HQ

#91  April 14, 2014, 01:20:29 am
maybe also get inspired by yota's stuff too:

#92  April 14, 2014, 02:55:43 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The reason I want to get SF3 Ryu's CLSN data is to compare it with SFA data and come up with the better CLSNs for these sprites. Some of these are off compared to SFA and I want to see if they are off from SF3 as well.
The best approach to this, I think, is to base the CLSNs off SFA as much as possible, and for things that only exist in SFIII, try and style them like they would be if they were in SFA (which is basically just reducing the amount of boxes to remove redundant ones where a single one would work).
#93  April 14, 2014, 03:18:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah. I'm sticking to the 3 main boxes of SFA. I'm not going crazy with SF3 CLSNs :P I figure most CVS2 CLSN are like SFA3 but total hit area is based a bit more on SF3. Especially CLSN1
#94  April 14, 2014, 04:59:18 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/

Moved the belt up a few pixels, as it was too low. Didn't fix any of the shading.
#95  April 14, 2014, 09:11:32 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Awesome!!

About Focus, I started it, mixing CvS+Balthazar+videoshooting from SF4. Yahoo!!!
-Sketchy stuff:
I swear there was something cool here!!
#96  April 14, 2014, 11:01:53 am
#97  April 14, 2014, 11:15:05 am
    • Netherlands
Cool :)
I think this is about all I wanted to do for this move;

Other spriters; take over from here!
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:43:27 pm by Balthazar
#98  April 14, 2014, 03:21:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just looked at Ryu's defensive comeback and it's not very interesting. Would a better one be where he uses the force of a mock hadoken to propel himself forward or away be better? I'm thinking he unleashes the hado motion with his hands a shockwave comes off that rolls him away. The shockwave blows back the opponent but doesn't do damage.

I've been needing to send some $ to Sean for a little over a week now and tell him which Demitri sprites I want made. This project has been making me second guess Demitri. (I asked right before we started) so when I get home I'm going to go ahead and send him some cash but ask for sprites we need for this project instead and hope he doesn't freak out over the curve ball :s
#99  April 14, 2014, 03:33:33 pm
    • Netherlands
Not really sold on the idea of that fake Hadouken thing, maybe it's more in style for him to go into like a power defensive stance, perhaps even a Focus Attack of sorts? I agree the defensive rolling is kinda lame, he already rolls into the Rolling Tatsumaki thing.
Or maybe he could perform his SF3 taunt and get a defense boost or something.
#100  April 14, 2014, 03:53:40 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/