YesNoOk

Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine) (Read 582793 times)

Started by Makunouchi Ippo, September 25, 2013, 02:43:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project EF-12 (a free customizable 3D fighting game engine)
#141  October 08, 2013, 11:42:14 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#142  October 09, 2013, 01:55:44 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
could you guys stop fighting? there's like 4 whole padges with extremly long posts of you guys fighting...annoying  --;

Welcome to pretty much the entire site. People will usually argue until it gets out of hand and 'Morphman or someone steps in haha
#143  October 09, 2013, 09:33:13 am
Come on guys, stop mini-modding. Let the staff deal with any and all issues that arise. Just find a post you want to reply to and reply to it. That will keep the convo going and hopefully discourage people who are fighting because you don't add additional fuel to the fire.

Ontopic : I know as soon as the English docs are completely finished I'm going to start on it. I have the latest version of 3DS max ( I like to fool around and teach myself various things) so I'm going to take a crack at it.

Now I'm a noob at modeling but hey, you gotta start somewhere right?

EDIT: Also sorry for my poor grammar, etc. Insomnia is catching up to me.
Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:37:56 am by xPreatorianx1
#144  October 10, 2013, 06:42:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
xPreatorianx1 can you read it?
It'd be awesome if we could get some of the stuff converted before an official release.

I think the bickering is done with.

I hope you can control the spheres during an animation. That's to say, because I want it slightly larger, or smaller I'd have to create a second sphere, or delete the original and make a new smaller one. Hopefully it's similar to mugen in the fact that the "same" box can be dragged and resized on the fly with an application.

As for the "2D" side of it. If the spheres arent centered on the Z axis, would they still connect? I think it'd help with testing combos and special moves and other stuff. Obviously, I know no body KNOWS, but do you guys think the spheres would have to be centered or the engine could just interpret it centered?

Also something I was thinking about. Posters or billboards, how ever you'd like to refer to them. Basically a rectangular polly that automatically faces the camera with an image posted on it. Usually you see these in platformers as leaves on trees, grass, some actually use them as the entire tree.
If a billboard could be used and the image updated on it, we could Frankenstein in 2D sprites of fighters. It might look terrible, it might look terrible in a good way, or it could be decent.  Is there any info about how often a texture can be updated?

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#145  October 12, 2013, 11:50:08 am
    • Germany
Mhhh I would realy like to know how many stuff is already included if you download the game, in the vid you can see that some Chars do classic Street Fighter moves, it would be great if we already have a big database of moves to chose from at start, so we would not have to spent so much time with creating and recreating moves.^^
#146  October 12, 2013, 11:55:09 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah, but the outstanding characters will always be those with unique moves and movesets i guess. After the 100th character with the same fireball animations and effects it will be more than boring.

I wonder how well wrestling moves could work there.
#147  October 12, 2013, 02:57:37 pm
    • Germany
Yeah, but the outstanding characters will always be those with unique moves and movesets i guess. After the 100th character with the same fireball animations and effects it will be more than boring.

I think we need both, it is great to see new stuff, but realy new chars are quite rare in Mugen and it would be realy surprising if it would be different with Project EF-12 and we all love our tons of shotoclones also, it is good to have a solid base to build something new on it.^^
#148  October 12, 2013, 07:47:00 pm
xPreatorianx1 can you read it?
It'd be awesome if we could get some of the stuff converted before an official release.

I think the bickering is done with.

I hope you can control the spheres during an animation. That's to say, because I want it slightly larger, or smaller I'd have to create a second sphere, or delete the original and make a new smaller one. Hopefully it's similar to mugen in the fact that the "same" box can be dragged and resized on the fly with an application.

As for the "2D" side of it. If the spheres arent centered on the Z axis, would they still connect? I think it'd help with testing combos and special moves and other stuff. Obviously, I know no body KNOWS, but do you guys think the spheres would have to be centered or the engine could just interpret it centered?

Also something I was thinking about. Posters or billboards, how ever you'd like to refer to them. Basically a rectangular polly that automatically faces the camera with an image posted on it. Usually you see these in platformers as leaves on trees, grass, some actually use them as the entire tree.
If a billboard could be used and the image updated on it, we could Frankenstein in 2D sprites of fighters. It might look terrible, it might look terrible in a good way, or it could be decent.  Is there any info about how often a texture can be updated?

No I can't read any of the docs. Which is why I'm waiting for everything to be translated. I haven't even looked at the docs as I know 99% of them are in Japanese. But I did download the engine. I simply used google translator to help me create an account, and then download the engine.

But ya, when enough of the docs are translated to where  I can actually start working on something, I will.

EDIT: I'll test out the engine today and report back on everything that is included not only in the archive you download, but the features/characters/etc currently in the engine package.

EDIT2: Also in one of the videos it already shows you that they do have a database full of animations, etc. Or what looks like animations. It's on google docs.
#149  October 12, 2013, 11:49:38 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I just downloaded it, and I gotta say: This game looks Beautiful! I'll read more about the software & how things are done, but for the most part, I'm all in! :)
#150  October 16, 2013, 11:31:19 pm
#151  October 17, 2013, 12:03:35 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#152  October 17, 2013, 04:41:55 pm
  • Come mighty warrior face me
    • Indonesia
    • Skype - Rizki291
where to download the program i need it :D
#153  October 19, 2013, 04:48:27 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
A stroke of genius, this. I'm super excited about how this is going to turn out. I'm curious as to how big it is though, I imagine when people start getting used to it and creating the good stuff, it might become more difficult for non-powerhouse computers or laptops. Thaaaaat would suck fat ones.

Also, I'm glad we're all friends again ^o^
#154  October 19, 2013, 06:24:45 am
#155  October 22, 2013, 07:27:59 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I tested this out, I personally like the fact that every stage can have different settings with use of a different skybox, lighting, and each of the separate settings having their own song, may be minor but I love the customization of this. Pretty excited for this and I hope it gets a lot of support.
#156  October 23, 2013, 11:54:18 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
The only issue I've seen, is that the program to model the characters isn't free. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place's, or they'll provide people with the tools needed. :thinking:
#157  October 24, 2013, 01:01:46 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
The only issue I've seen, is that the program to model the characters isn't free. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place's, or they'll provide people with the tools needed. :thinking:

There are multiple programs that you could use from maya all the way through to softimage it's a matter of what you are comfortable with. If you are having trouble finding the software I could give you my student number which I nolonger have use for to get the software from the official sites for free.

Edit: actually the student number idea may not be such a good idea considering where you are based.
Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:05:45 am by fofai
#158  October 24, 2013, 04:48:37 am
  • Owner EF-12
    • Japan
    • onogu@quad-arrow.jp
    • ef-12.com

EF-12 support Blender. Blender is free.
I'm very grad if you follow me!
https://twitter.com/EF12project
tweet latest news everyday on it.
#159  October 24, 2013, 05:04:18 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ omg :D if I knew what to ask at this very moment... this was unexpected.
Chilling
#160  October 24, 2013, 05:31:50 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:38:36 am by Tamez