YesNoOk

Freeza Z2 [Project] (Read 532791 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Freeza Z2
#1561  February 02, 2014, 10:10:21 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Nah I don't see why they'd need updating, I'm happy with them as they are.
I did add one frame in that form 3 animation, to cover the slight jump you noticed :)
Here is the added readme for that tranformation quoted so you know what you're in for:

A   = form 1, idle into powerup loop
B   = growing right arm
C   = growing left arm
D   = growing torso, collapse
E   = growing full body into form 2 powerup loop
F   = transform into form 3

*general note; think of overthing in loops of 3 sprites (since the leg+tail loop is 3 frames). the order of the sprites is the correct 'shaky' order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 001      = display for a while, at least 3 seconds I guess, perhaps he even has some things to say in this sprite.

A legs 001~003    = this looping animation is played all the way through B, C, D once it's being displayed. Only the torso sprites will change in those sections.

A torso 001~003   = these are played for maybe 4 seconds before proceedinig with the arm growing. In this pose you'll also play with the bursted torso armor/shoulder pads explods.

B right arm grow 007~009    = played for maybe 3 loops / 2 seconds before proceeding to C left arm grow. not such a long delay. he's just getting started!

C left arm grow 007~009      = played for maybe 3 loops / 2 seconds before proceeding to D torso grow. not such a long delay. he's just getting started!

D torso grow 009      = after this frame,  the A legs loop dissappears; from here on the sprites have both the torso, the legs and the tail.

E collapse 007~009      = displayed for maybe 3/4 seconds. after this, he goes all the way to form 3, there's no stopping him anymore!

F master grow 027      = watch out for the alignment jump that happens from this point on (his tail would be cut off the canvas otherwise so I had to move Freeza)

F master grow 027~032      = this 6-frame loop will play for maybe 3/4 seconds, after this he tranforms to form 3.

G xenomorphin legs+tail 001~006   = this legs+tail set will play all the way through the end of the G series until he gets a full-body composite at the end. Also, get your mind set on 'sets of 2' for this series (rather then 'sets of 3').

G Xenomprohin torso 011~012      = loop this for just a little while before going into the form 3 head transformation, no longer then 2 seconds though.

H Xenomorphin torso headless 001~002   = this 2-frame loop will be played for the rest of the H series, which are all just neck+head pieces that fit on top of these 2 sprites.

H Rear Spikes            = these snugly fit in the same crevice that you align the head/torso sprites to. Just remember to put these BEHIND the torso sprites. Keep looping 013~014 until the end where it changes to the fully-composited sprites.

H Xenomorphin head+neck         = this is the best part of the whole transformation! As soon as your reach 042, the last frame, jump to the Fullcomposite frames and keep looping those. If you aligned everything correctly, the transition should be completely seamless. So basicly, as you reach the point of 042, remove the torso, neck+head and the rear spike sprites, and replace it with the fullcomposite sprites.  Only the seperate tail animation remains through the very end, so leave that be.

I cracks            = After displaying the fullcompisite thing for about 5 seconds, start displaying the cracks. The sprites contain the upper rim of his um underpants, to help you with aligning them. Each Crack sprite should have a delay of at least 0,5 second. Very quickly after the last crack sprite, continue with;

J breaking up            = Loop the two fully composited sprites with the cracks included, and the purple glass bits of Freeza removed.  You'll be using the debries code to stick a whole big bunch of those glass shards on where his purple bits used to be, and explode them away. This will look mighty impressive! To make it even more dramatic, you'll only display him very briefly once the glass is shattered. The screen will be engulfed in white very quickly (using Goku's SSJ 3 transformation code i guess, it has the same glowing white ball thing).

Afterwards            = when the full white screen slowly fades away, Freeza will be kneeling in his LandFromHenshin003 sprite (that will be used for the alternate transformation intro, the bubble one). He probably has a speech here! Then he just using his normal get-up-from-crouching animation to get up to his Idle. EPIC!
#1562  February 02, 2014, 10:45:59 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
And here is the reason why Z2 characters are so long to get released !!! :ninja: ;P
#1563  February 02, 2014, 11:32:14 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I've no grudge against the wait.  You all always release quality work, goodluck! :yes:
#1564  February 03, 2014, 12:20:29 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1565  February 03, 2014, 01:02:02 am
    • France
What I actually wanted was just an extraction of the full animated GIF showing the whole transformation from start to beginning, without the effects.
Then I wanted my text file to looks like this (without caring if sprite 1 and 10 and 26 and 456 are the same) :
Code:
sprite   ticks
1           2
2           2
3           5
4           3
5           2
6           3
7           2
8           4
1468        5
1469        3
:(
The value of the ticks would have just been extracted by Balthazar from the animated GIF he made. Hell, he already made several parts, so he has the number of ticks for each sprite.

And then I would have added the effects over the sprites.
It actually doesn't bother me a bit if part of the sprites are static and take some huge space throughout the animation. As said, it's not like it was going to add 50MB to the SFF ...

PS : I usually never listen to what Balthazar tells me in terms of timing. He keeps saying stuff like "3/4 seconds", when I actually end up playing it for 1 second, only to have him say "it's played too long, make it shorter!" :haw: So yeah, that's why I wanted my exact timing in terms of ticks, so I don't spend hours guessing what Balthazar wants (since he already knows what he wants from the animated GIF). :(
Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:05:56 am by Cybaster
#1566  February 03, 2014, 06:22:50 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm not really well-versed with ticks...just follow the animated gif!  :beatnik:
#1567  February 03, 2014, 06:25:12 pm
    • France
Are you shitting me ? When you make the animated GIF, you enter the number of ticks for each sprite... :gonk:
#1568  February 03, 2014, 06:45:31 pm
    • Netherlands
That are hundreds of seconds...I think.
If they are the same then you can check them yourself, right? Just open them with Gif Movie Gear, I'm certain I gave it to you.
You'd better be using it!
#1569  February 03, 2014, 06:48:24 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Sucks that you can't just use Fighter Factory 3 for that (as far as I know).
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1570  February 03, 2014, 06:50:14 pm
    • France
#1571  February 03, 2014, 07:28:51 pm
    • Netherlands
 :whip:
#1572  February 03, 2014, 08:10:23 pm
    • Netherlands

This should give you a taste of Finisher 1: Torture Death Beam.
#1573  February 03, 2014, 08:13:42 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
That bastard is loving every moment of it. I am so looking forward to seeing that in action!
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1574  February 03, 2014, 08:40:20 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
That looks so good! Sadistic and good!

#1575  February 03, 2014, 09:02:36 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
The details like the shadow flickering on his body and his facial expression are what makes that sprite so damn good.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#1576  February 03, 2014, 10:23:13 pm
  • Let's Do this! But first, CUPCAKE TIME!
    • France
    • chrysalexis2398@live.com
HORY SHEET, I can feel this character is going to be loved by the most sadistic players on mugen lol.

Random question out of the blue, will his tail move while doing this finisher?
#1577  February 04, 2014, 03:37:37 pm
  • SNK is life
#1578  February 04, 2014, 04:43:14 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
#1579  February 05, 2014, 10:16:29 am
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
Why not "I Won't Let You Escape with Your Life!" finisher or fatality-winpose for the match

Just sayin'
#1580  February 06, 2014, 06:25:23 am
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
Why not "I Won't Let You Escape with Your Life!" finisher or fatality-winpose for the match

Just sayin'

I personally disagree. While I'll admit that move was pretty evil and played a major role in the series, I find the Death Beam barrage to be far more fitting. Not only to his character, but as a lvl 1 finisher. We've already seen Z2 do a "make you go boom" attack with Vegeta's Dirty Fireworks finisher. Frieza loves to extensively torture his foes, and we can definitely see that here in his face. I mean just look at the guy! Clearly he's getting a serious kick outta this. :devilish: Anyway, I don't know maybe they'll still use it in a different one, this is just me.

So I see lots of progress is being put on Frieza too. Are you guys planning on a double release? That would be really awesome. 

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1