YesNoOk

Freeza Z2 [Project] (Read 528143 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Freeza Z2
#1601  February 08, 2014, 03:22:24 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
If the body's going to stay there, the first one is better. The second one would be more radical if the body vaporized, but seeing the two halves of the body is kind of like an awkward pause at the end of a sentence.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1602  February 08, 2014, 04:06:28 pm
  • Let's Do this! But first, CUPCAKE TIME!
    • France
    • chrysalexis2398@live.com
Didn't Balthazar already sprite some sliced in half sprites for existing Z2 characters? Maybe if it's a Z2 character you could use those and for all other characters without them you could use the one on the left.

That would be too much work (and pointless) in my opinion, the one on the left is better since it would work with most characters that have a sprite when they die when blocking.
#1603  February 08, 2014, 04:13:13 pm
    • USA
We're talking about the guys who added beam clashing. How is reading who's your enemy before deciding which animation to trigger too much work?
#1604  February 08, 2014, 04:26:51 pm
  • Let's Do this! But first, CUPCAKE TIME!
    • France
    • chrysalexis2398@live.com
We're talking about the guys who added beam clashing. How is reading who's your enemy before deciding which animation to trigger too much work?

Yeah but in my opinion it seems a little bit pointless to do some work just because you want to have 2 different animation for the same finisher based on which character you're facing.
In the end, it is their choice to do what they want with the characters.
#1605  February 08, 2014, 04:44:08 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
The first one might be better because indeed it might actually not need new sprites.
It actually has that sprite seperated in two pieces (one overlayed on top of the other) with the fx inbetween those pieces.
But if we cut the fx in pieces and put one in front and one behind, there's no need for people to make new sprites for their chars.

Anyway for the second, SamSho and Darkstalkers chars would already have the sprites ;)
#1606  February 08, 2014, 04:46:53 pm
    • USA

Yeah but in my opinion it seems a little bit pointless to do some work just because you want to have 2 different animation for the same finisher based on which character you're facing.
In the end, it is their choice to do what they want with the characters.

They have done similar things in the past already. That's the beauty of mugen to begin with, the multiple little details you can add to a character. Besides, coding that extra detail is a two minutes max work.

The first one might be better because indeed it might actually not need new sprites.
It actually has that sprite seperated in two pieces (one overlayed on top of the other) with the fx inbetween those pieces.
But if we cut the fx in pieces and put one in front and one behind, there's no need for people to make new sprites for their chars.

Anyway for the second, SamSho and Darkstalkers chars would already have the sprites ;)

And mortal kombat and darkstalkers characters as well :D
#1607  February 08, 2014, 06:15:02 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
I agree with red there on checking the character for compatibility. I personally favor the second animation.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#1608  February 08, 2014, 07:15:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I favour the second with the first used for non compatible.

However your chars already have a cut in half state, this one is a cut by the "waist"  state , darkstalkers characters have both, would this mean you would have both as well ?
#1609  February 08, 2014, 07:34:32 pm
    • Netherlands
Actually they get cut more like this

And to be honest the second isn't that much work, the first cut body is in going to be in silouette anyway, so just getting a sprite and cutting it into two pieces (adding some mass to one of the pieces) isn't that much work, the other sprite needs a bit more work since it's not in silouette (which is just the dead sprite cut into two pieces and some mass and innards added to one of the bits. I use the darkest shade of his mouth-inside colors to show his blood/innards but for chars that don't have mouth colors, the darkest skin tone will suffice I think). You can sprite it in like 10 minutes!

So yeah for anyone who'd want to add the custom state/sprites, very little effort. And the first should work for non-compatible chars. I mean the overall behaviour shouldn't change I guess?
Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:38:08 pm by Balthazar
#1610  February 09, 2014, 04:03:06 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I kinda think we should aim for a bit of simplicity.

Yeah some od the darkstalkers get cut in half without slicing the head either.
Check it out:

At any rate, i think that cut you got there is darkstalkers "sliced at the waist" style.

I checked out the slice in half you had before and its really not the same type as those, those you fall to the ground and then you separate, while the ones you did had them cut vertically in half and then explode.

I figure that to adapt this one move you use the slice at the waist style, so basically adapt your frames that way. ( well whoever is coding it ) .
#1611  February 09, 2014, 07:45:03 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
If the body's going to stay there, the first one is better. The second one would be more radical if the body vaporized, but seeing the two halves of the body is kind of like an awkward pause at the end of a sentence.

^
This
#1612  February 09, 2014, 10:48:48 am
  • "Um...I hope you like your...smashed...death Ray!"
    • USA
    • bowser1388@yahoo.com
I agree with TheSnackist and Speedpreacher. It seems like a lot of work incorporating the second one, with the opponent being shown in half in all, but if it's really not that big of a deal for you or Cyb to code in like you say, I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. I personally think both should be left to the choice of the user. Either way, that's a cool finisher.

"Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into a part of yourself. Let it solidify you and make you stronger."
                     http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1
#1613  February 09, 2014, 10:50:35 am
As you can see, Darkstalkers also has split down the middle, which is closer to matching Freeza's attack you sprites.
#1614  February 10, 2014, 03:32:28 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
As SpeedPreacher said, there would be more of a "wow" factor if the bodies were to be cut in half and then vaporized into oblivion.  Compatibility with DS chars would be awesome too though. 

Disintegration could be Z2 exclusive IMO.
#1615  February 10, 2014, 10:10:30 am
    • Netherlands
Thanks, yeah the two cut halves are definitely more visually wowing, though I think having the halves lie on the ground afterwards is even stronger then seeing them vaporized. I mean having them vaporized kinda nullifies the meaning of them being cut in half ;)
#1616  February 10, 2014, 05:34:58 pm
  • SNK is life
Two different concepts for his Finisher #2 Fatalaty state. Both require new sprites for player 2 though.

This one would be awesome, it could easily become a mugen standard by just taking a GetHit sprite of any character, and erase half of it through the vertical middle, which would require veeeery basic knowledge of 3D proportions. I like this.

Edit: For example...
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:43:44 pm by walt
#1617  February 10, 2014, 05:48:15 pm
    • Netherlands
I know, right! But my expectations for people updating their chars to implement Z2 standards have been too high before....
#1618  February 10, 2014, 05:53:52 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, in general it would catch on if it was worth the trouble (which I'm not saying THIS ISN'T THE CASE) but I think mugen should be about trying to be imaginative with the existing standards, like you guys (we? remember?) did with the Kamehameha Fatality, Black Silohuettes and so on.

Now, maybe if you could go around to Creators' WIP threads (active guys from around here, JMM, Koopakoot, Vans, Divine, Quickfist, Chazzanova, etc), and GIFT them with the 1 required sprite you made yourself for their WIP, and a plan ("we're using State### or VAR(#)") it'd be easier for them to implement and see if it catches on :P
#1619  February 10, 2014, 05:55:34 pm
    • Netherlands
Haha we'll see, sounds like a plan, somewhat. Though I don't like the fact that it comes down to more work for ME in the end (though this edit would be rediculously easy tbh)!

Actually it would be more something like this (you didn't edit the other half)

I edited the arm from the other half away, and obviously used the darkest skin tone to show the innards (though if it's gonna be as in my example, the parts would be in silouette anyway). It's mainly the dead/lying sprite that would need this editing.
#1620  February 10, 2014, 06:10:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Not needed, because you'd only need the front half to cover the beam going through them. That's why I only quoted the 1 GIF I agreed on, the one that required the least work!

Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:16:29 pm by walt