YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18119773 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1081  October 22, 2016, 01:24:39 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
True... A lot of people are hoping for a Hulk vs. Doomsday battle (same here, BTW). There were also mentions of Hulk vs. Broly but OMM already did that and, if you ask me, Broly could easily outclass The Hulk in pure strength alone.
#1082  October 22, 2016, 02:12:56 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Broly's...weird.  Besides being non-canon in his entirety, his powers are ill-defined in the movies he's present in, and there's a lot of presumptions abound for him.  What gets classified as canon and not for a completely non-canon character is a hard process to go through.  For example, he's apparently mostly physically immune to, well, anything.  Kamehameha that can destroy solar-system level Cell is completely ineffective.  But due to his scar in his pecs at a young age, hitting precisely there would completely undo him.  Hulk's hand is considerably bigger than that tiny spot Goku managed to hit, so can Hulk even exploit that with, like, vibrations from his hits at such a gargantuan level when his strength just keeps growing?  And there's the whole getting killed by a simple star, which Goku's Kamehameha should far outclass in damage done by the sun.  Was it the sun that opened up his wound, or that Family Kamehameha attack?  Neither really makes sense, it was just a nice way to end the fight.

Then there's the whole preference as to what the hell Ki is anyways.  It seems like hard light almost, but it gives off heat as with young Gohan using it to cook food and the heat waves given off from Goku and Vegeta's first fight.  And how Broly can apparently survive in space when Dragon Ball has been annoyingly back and forth with how yes, Saiyans can to no, Saiyans can't.  I guess you can rule it out due to Legendary status just giving him immunity...somehow.

I mean, I'd enjoy it if Broly beat Hulk, but he's such a mess of a character it'd be hard to defend either position.  Also, it's Dragon Ball Z, and this is Screw Attack, so...he gonna die.  I'd put my money on Doomsday being the other contestant.

Actually, something on Broly that I'm curious now on the Hulk, Broly runs on DBZ Ki logic, thus the higher it goes, the higher ALL their stats go besides intelligence.  Besides some minor differences in the Ginyu force, higher power level = stronger, faster and more durable.  For Hulk, the angrier he gets we all know the stronger he gets, but does he actually get more durable to match hits from something else growing in power?  I don't believe he gets faster, so he's of course level at fairly low speeds but he has to so he can survive planet busting.  Does he ever hit a cap in survivability?  Regen powers hit their end, a punch finally gets too strong for him to withstand, something like that?
Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:20:01 am by Long John Killer
#1083  October 22, 2016, 03:44:14 pm
    • UK
his scar has never been the case of him dying in the two games, his first death was a concentrated blow to the gut from goku (who had to take vegetas, trunks, picollos and gohans energy and power to do so)
his second death came from a family kamehameha by goku, gohan and goten.

Bio broly is a clone so he doesn't count

Saiyans can survive in space, the bardock vs frieza scene took place there and so did goku vs beerus.

Since it is non canon, its not really clear when they fought broly being before cell or after... Broly could kill hulk though, unless hulk survived planet busting attacks
#1084  October 22, 2016, 04:54:45 pm
    • Germany
If the next one is a Hulk vs Doomsday battle, the outcome would probably depend on how much motivated the Hulk is, if it's just a Doomsday attacks Hulk and thats it, than the chances are almost 50/50, but if something happends like Doomsday hurts or kills one of Hulks friends, then Hulk would obliterate Doomsday because of a rage boost I guess.
#1085  October 23, 2016, 05:44:40 am
    • USA
The scar on his chest is where Goku punched him, where otherwise he's immune to harm, hence why I say it's the cause of his first loss as well as his second leading to his death, as his green guts somehow start exploding out of it in the sun.  The borrowed power was just necessary to even harm him at all, what with Goku's power dwindling.

And the whole Saiyans surviving space has evidence of them surviving just in plain old space like Bardock matching Frieza, yeah, but also them dying as with Blue Vegeta surviving Frieza blowing up Earth but not lasting without oxygen in Resurrection F.  Sure wasn't near empty on power Frieza overpowering him with that blast or just the planet exploding.  It's up to the situation at hand as to if they get to fly around in space or not.  I don't recall where the theory came from, but I was always partial to the idea that they just create oxygen with their ki similar to Green Lantern, since ki does anything else they want.  It's pretty much the Force really.

Timeline-wise Broly took place in the wait after Cell became complete and announced his Cell Games but they had not started yet.  Biggest hole in why it had to be non-canon was just that everyone was relaxing at the time, instead of just Goku and Gohan learning to master the default Super Saiyan form by chilling out, if I recall correctly.  So being Cell could be obliterated by a full power Super Saiyan and Broly could not, lets presume he's around SSJ2-ish levels in power when just entering the Legendary state, yeah?  Would match to his credentials of destroying part of the galaxy for fun.  It seems to me he way outclasses Hulk for way too long before Hulk gets a chance to gain an even footing in power, even if Broly toys with him.

I never cared for Doomsday exceedingly, so fill me in where I'm wrong.  So the concept behind him that I get is that while he suffers many "deaths", it's in the way of Wolverine in that he can heal back from anything that seems to put him down, but more broken in special abilities is that he gains an immunity to that form of death.  When punched to death, he becomes immune to physical forces.  When heat blasted, he no longer is affected by heat sources.  Maybe Hulk can accidentally twist that to his advantage by super clapping him to death, causing Doomsday to go deaf but beyond that Hulk's means of destruction are fairly limited, just ridiculous in scope of power behind them.  So splat Doomsday a few times, he becomes immune to anything Hulk can do then it no longer matters how strong Hulk gets when Doomsday becomes an immovable object.  How then Doomsday would kill him though I dunno, does his strength grow too?
#1086  October 23, 2016, 01:20:08 pm
    • UK
The scar on his chest is where Goku punched him, where otherwise he's immune to harm, hence why I say it's the cause of his first loss as well as his second leading to his death, as his green guts somehow start exploding out of it in the sun.  The borrowed power was just necessary to even harm him at all, what with Goku's power dwindling.

And the whole Saiyans surviving space has evidence of them surviving just in plain old space like Bardock matching Frieza, yeah, but also them dying as with Blue Vegeta surviving Frieza blowing up Earth but not lasting without oxygen in Resurrection F.  Sure wasn't near empty on power Frieza overpowering him with that blast or just the planet exploding.  It's up to the situation at hand as to if they get to fly around in space or not.  I don't recall where the theory came from, but I was always partial to the idea that they just create oxygen with their ki similar to Green Lantern, since ki does anything else they want.  It's pretty much the Force really.

Timeline-wise Broly took place in the wait after Cell became complete and announced his Cell Games but they had not started yet.  Biggest hole in why it had to be non-canon was just that everyone was relaxing at the time, instead of just Goku and Gohan learning to master the default Super Saiyan form by chilling out, if I recall correctly.  So being Cell could be obliterated by a full power Super Saiyan and Broly could not, lets presume he's around SSJ2-ish levels in power when just entering the Legendary state, yeah?  Would match to his credentials of destroying part of the galaxy for fun.  It seems to me he way outclasses Hulk for way too long before Hulk gets a chance to gain an even footing in power, even if Broly toys with him.

although doomsday was confirmed, a lot of the broly talk had me rewatch the movie, he never had a visible scar. goku literally punched a hole in him then blew him up by sending a blast at the same point. so it'd take enough raw power in one concentrated point to take him out.

though i tend to scale villains based on how many people it took to beat them, broly is insanely strong in the sense that, if he were to 1 v 1 SSJ2 goku he'd be around equal terms or ever so slightly have the upper advantage.

that aside

this dude busted his ass on a new sprite fight

#1087  October 23, 2016, 05:37:42 pm
    • USA
The scar was, like, in his pecs.  Why bother showing the importance of it before in the movie if they wouldn't capitalize on it later?  That was his weak point.  I haven't rewatched the movie, but didn't they flashback when Goku hit there to even show that's where he was stabbed with a knife as a baby?

Anyways, new DBX.

Not two I care for, but hell of a lot better animation this time, if completely shown up by that previous one you just posted.
Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:59:28 pm by Long John Killer
#1088  October 23, 2016, 07:27:37 pm
    • UK

as you can see, no scar
Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 07:48:22 pm by Pooh Hardy
#1089  October 24, 2016, 12:22:48 am
    • USA
Hm, I thought they flashbacked to the whole stabbing him bit when Goku punched there.  I still stand by that's why hitting there worked at all, but whatever.  Yes, the thing's not visible, I guess that does kinda defeat the point of a scar, but otherwise it's just illogical why Goku won, Gohan at a higher level than shown here couldn't do much of anything later on.  And yes, logic over something this dumb, yadda yadda.

Anyways, since the confirmation wasn't actually linked before, yeah Hulk's fighting Doomsday.

So I guess all this Broly talk's pointless anyways.  Ah well.
#1090  October 24, 2016, 12:39:09 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
glad its finally happening , its one of the most requested DB
#1091  October 24, 2016, 01:26:16 pm
    • UK
it was spammed up the ass along with sackboy vs maxwell and maka vs ruby, by a couple kids

these vocal minority made sure that they'd post their "suggestion" in every screwattack video ever
#1092  October 24, 2016, 05:57:22 pm
    • Germany
I never cared for Doomsday exceedingly, so fill me in where I'm wrong.  So the concept behind him that I get is that while he suffers many "deaths", it's in the way of Wolverine in that he can heal back from anything that seems to put him down, but more broken in special abilities is that he gains an immunity to that form of death.  When punched to death, he becomes immune to physical forces.  When heat blasted, he no longer is affected by heat sources.  Maybe Hulk can accidentally twist that to his advantage by super clapping him to death, causing Doomsday to go deaf but beyond that Hulk's means of destruction are fairly limited, just ridiculous in scope of power behind them.  So splat Doomsday a few times, he becomes immune to anything Hulk can do then it no longer matters how strong Hulk gets when Doomsday becomes an immovable object.  How then Doomsday would kill him though I dunno, does his strength grow too?

Yes Doomsday's strengh grows after he is resurected too, but he can also be killed to a point where he can't be resurected without outside help. 

Imperiex did this once, he blasted him so hard that afaik nothing of him was left except his Skeleton, and Doomsday was not able to regenerate from that, Lex Luther had to resurrect him in a laboratory with Kryptonian cells after this death.

The thing with Hulk is that he can become Superman Prime levels of strong if not Stronger under specific circumstances, where he does ridiculous things like breaking space-time continuum with physical force and things like that if my sources are right.^^

So if they use Hulk at his maximun, then he could hit Doomsday probably with enough raw force that his Atoms explode or something like that, and not enough from him his left to regenerade.

On the other hand Doomsday just have to kill Hulk before he is at his maximum, soo who ever wins some fans will be Angry. xD
#1093  October 24, 2016, 07:54:06 pm
    • USA
How long was the process for Hulk to get that strong?  I may be mixing different versions of Superman, having not read them in some time but as I recall, Superman Prime took a few centuries, 700 years or something like that, curled up in a sun for him to hit his maximum.  If we're talking anything longer than 5 minutes, Hulk's dead.

Not that I don't know it's not good for my health and sanity to question comic book logic, but...how can he recover from anything, but not a skeleton?  And this Imperiex, did he kill Doomsday with a method he died to before?  That's the key factor here, as so it stands he's still immune to anything he died to before, that ability can't be surpassed.  If he did, then Hulk may take the win.
#1094  October 24, 2016, 11:37:22 pm
  • After I win,You wanna get pizza?
  • I'm always ready for an adventure.
    • Argentina
This DBX was awesome,I like how Jotaro blew him with so many punches in stopped time
#1095  October 25, 2016, 12:05:26 am
    • Germany
How long was the process for Hulk to get that strong?  I may be mixing different versions of Superman, having not read them in some time but as I recall, Superman Prime took a few centuries, 700 years or something like that, curled up in a sun for him to hit his maximum.  If we're talking anything longer than 5 minutes, Hulk's dead.

Not that I don't know it's not good for my health and sanity to question comic book logic, but...how can he recover from anything, but not a skeleton?  And this Imperiex, did he kill Doomsday with a method he died to before?  That's the key factor here, as so it stands he's still immune to anything he died to before, that ability can't be surpassed.  If he did, then Hulk may take the win.

To be fair I don't now what triggerd Hulk to become that strong, and Imperiex used some kind of energie blast, I don't know if it was ever stated what kind of energy he is using, but that means that Doomsday can only adapt to that specific kind of energy that killed him and not any kind of energy at once, since he was killed by green latern energy, and could not be killed with that again.

I think you mean the Golden Superman, I mean the Superboy from the Prime earth that became Evil Superman in the Chrisis etc.

And I havend read a comic in ages, maybe I'm mixing stuff up too. =/
#1096  October 25, 2016, 03:26:23 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Oh hey, Batinthesun waited way too damn long for an alternate ending video.

As far as that DBX match is concerned, Yu Narukami can kill Gods. Can Jotaro?
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:30:07 pm by Negi Springfield
#1097  October 25, 2016, 03:54:17 pm
    • UK
He was at his strongest in part 3, and since then had to ge nerfed to make the others look better.
Time freezing and slight was a bit op when you think about it
#1098  October 25, 2016, 04:28:18 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yu is weak as fuck tho,canonically among the weaker protagonists of Persona
Plus he can't use his powers outside the tv anyway,so if research was actually done,he'd be running away for most of the fight
#1099  October 25, 2016, 05:33:04 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Yu is weak as fuck tho,canonically among the weaker protagonists of Persona
Plus he can't use his powers outside the tv anyway,so if research was actually done,he'd be running away for most of the fight

I'm gonna need some sources on that.

Persona nerd spoilers
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1100  October 25, 2016, 06:06:48 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He was at his strongest in part 3, and since then had to ge nerfed to make the others look better.
Time freezing and slight was a bit op when you think about it

He got nerfed OVER Part 3

We're supposed to consider the prison cell and the D'arby duel the original clues to Star Platinum's true ability, but all the stuff Jotaro has in his cell at the beginning could not possibly have been within the given range of his stand

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time