• I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Re: MK vs. SF - Fight for the Universe
#303  July 18, 2010, 09:18:48 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
-Ryu Hoshi
Ryu doesn't have a last name.
The Hoshi surname was fabricated as a result of that god awful live action Street Fighter movie.
I think they took that as his official last name however.
"It seems as if my world has been plunged into Hell itself. Darkness has crept into the places that I once called home, gripping some of the purest of souls and driving madness into them. I do not believe anything in my past could compare to something of this magnitude...

"Not long ago, strange portals have opened in various locations around the world, bringing with them hordes of strange warriors, ranging from brave fighters like myself to merciless ninja to hideous monsters. Never in all my life have I seen men fight in the way these people do, and never have I seen so much bloodshed. Bodies in pieces, spines ripped out, screams of agony... it is too much for me to bear! Old friends murder each other as readily as a hated foe, and the globe has become far worse than what Shadaloo may have planned for it in the past.

"Many of these warriors, whom I now call friends, tell me that this is the work of a man named Shang Tsung, who has dark plans for this world. I may not know much about him, but I know that he will not take this world without a fight. I must set aside grudges of the past, summon old friends and plunge into a new world if I am to end this new menace - a threat not just to humanity, but also to the balance of the universe. Perhaps this is my true destiny, the fate for which I have been preparing all my life..."

-Ryu

Howzat, Chatman?  I do hope you can mesh our efforts for the intro! ;)
That's perfect. I must say, you're writing is excellent. As for the intro, right now im formulating ideas. What im thinking so far is, ill have quotes from the characters on either side written in blood red appear on a black space, which fades into a scene depicting each warriors words. As it goes on, the action builds until finally, it explodes, depicting the most extreme gameplay for each character, like their longest combo, with their big portrait on the side, finally it ends with shadows of the secret chars(though we know who they are, and goes black, before revealing the title screen.
#304  July 18, 2010, 09:34:23 pm
    • UK
"It seems as if my world has been plunged into Hell itself. Darkness has crept into the places that I once called home, gripping some of the purest of souls and driving madness into them. I do not believe anything in my past could compare to something of this magnitude...

"Not long ago, strange portals have opened in various locations around the world, bringing with them hordes of strange warriors, ranging from brave fighters like myself to merciless ninja to hideous monsters. Never in all my life have I seen men fight in the way these people do, and never have I seen so much bloodshed. Bodies in pieces, spines ripped out, screams of agony... it is too much for me to bear! Old friends murder each other as readily as a hated foe, and the globe has become far worse than what Shadaloo may have planned for it in the past.

"Many of these warriors, whom I now call friends, tell me that this is the work of a man named Shang Tsung, who has dark plans for this world. I may not know much about him, but I know that he will not take this world without a fight. I must set aside grudges of the past, summon old friends and plunge into a new world if I am to end this new menace - a threat not just to humanity, but also to the balance of the universe. Perhaps this is my true destiny, the fate for which I have been preparing all my life..."

-Ryu

That's perfect. I must say, you're writing is excellent. As for the intro, right now im formulating ideas. What im thinking so far is, ill have quotes from the characters on either side written in blood red appear on a black space, which fades into a scene depicting each warriors words. As it goes on, the action builds until finally, it explodes, depicting the most extreme gameplay for each character, like their longest combo, with their big portrait on the side, finally it ends with shadows of the secret chars(though we know who they are, and goes black, before revealing the title screen.

Sounds good to me!  :sugoi:

Do you want me to do any more writing? I could come up with character intros and endings if you wanted, and if Firelord approves.
#305  July 18, 2010, 10:43:12 pm
    • USA

-Ryu

Sounds good to me!  :sugoi:

Do you want me to do any more writing? I could come up with character intros and endings if you wanted, and if Firelord approves.
I love your writing, and im pretty sure firelord would mind having extra help. Here's what i'll do: Ill pm you my basic story thoughts one by one for each individual, and then once you pm me your version, ill send you the next. Ill have intro cutscenes for each character, but ill handle that meself.

SNT

#306  July 19, 2010, 12:09:50 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Why can't anything ever be simple?  I get two weeks off each year, two weeks I have to myself, to spend time with Eliza and Mel.  Two weeks each year I can let it all hang loose, not have to worry about executive meetings, financial reports and sucking up to stockholders.  And now I don't even have that.

At first I figured Ryu'd taken a few too many hits to the head in his travels, but I should've known better than to doubt him.  I'm ashamed to say when he first told me about portals to other dimensions I thought he'd found my private reserve and Mel's comics.  I didn't even see fit to warn my security staff.  Poor bastards.  They came that night: vicious monsters with long, wicked blades sprouting from their arms.  Bullets can put them down, but there were too many of the ugly freaks; they overran my guards and stormed the place.  Ryu and I put the rest down, but they kept getting back up...  We ended up having to kill them.  Freaks or not, it doesn't feel good to kill someone.

Poor Eliza hasn't been the same since: she saw what the freaks did to the guards outside, ripped limb from limb from torso from spine...  Thank god Mel didn't see them.  I'm not sure I know how to explain something like that to him.  What I do know is I've got to put the gloves back on.  Ryu seems to think this Lo Pan wannabe's behind it all, Shang Tsung or something like that.  I'm not gonna run the risk of doubting Ryu again; heck, the guy doesn't know how to lie.  I've left Eliza and Mel with some new friends of Ryu's to keep them safe.  In the meantime, I'm gonna find this Tsung guy and rip him a new one.  No one but Ryu can cut into my vacation time...

The Wu Shi Academy had become something of a refugee camp for this new world, a base for those who would resist the machinations of the demon sorceror Shang Tsung.  With Liu Kang braving the chaos to aid Kitana, it falls to me to see to the defenses.  A number of warriors of this new world have taken refuge and respite here, before re-entering the fray.  But one in particular has reiterated just how alien the world was; a fighter in red, asking for shelter for his family.  A warrior with a family; in our world that is a sure sign of tragedy.  Apparently a Tarkatan horde had ransacked their home, their antics having traumatized his wife; he asked why they would do such a thing.  Tarkatans don't need a reason; they spread and consume everything in their path.

Looking into that poor woman's face told me much of this new realm.  There was an innocence here, a naivety that could never exist in Earthrealm.  She hasn't spoken a word since she was left here with us, nor has her face shifted from the abject horror the man in red described.  This was a world that could never comprehend the horrors of Outworld.  What purpose would opening a portal here serve?  What did Shang Tsung see in this place?  Had the old man finally lost what little of his own mind he had amongst all those souls?

Their child was thankfully spared the violence of that night; the young shouldn't have to withstand such things, even on Earthrealm.  The boy's father is a fighter in his own right; a national champion, the best his country has to offer.  Hopefully he will be able to handle himself in Mortal Kombat.
Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:33:54 am by Chosis
#307  July 19, 2010, 01:02:39 am
    • USA
Why can't anything ever be simple?  I get two weeks off each year, two weeks I have to myself, to spend time with Eliza and Mel.  Two weeks each year I can let it all hang loose, not have to worry about executive meetings, financial reports and sucking up to stockholders.  And now I don't even have that.

At first I figured Ryu'd taken a few too many hits to the head in his travels, but I should've known better than to doubt him.  I'm ashamed to say when he first told me about portals to other dimensions I thought he'd found my private reserve and Mel's comics.  I didn't even see fit to warn my security staff.  Poor bastards.  They came that night: vicious monsters with long, wicked blades sprouting from their arms.  Bullets can put them down, but there were too many of the ugly freaks; they overran my guards and stormed the place.  Ryu and I put the rest down, but they kept getting back up...  We ended up having to kill them.  Freaks or not, it doesn't feel good to kill someone.

Poor Eliza hasn't been the same since: she saw what the freaks did to the guards outside, ripped limb from limb from torso from spine...  Thank god Mel didn't see them.  I'm not sure I know how to explain something like that to him.  What I do know is I've got to put the gloves back on.  Ryu seems to think this Lo Pan wannabe's behind it all, Shang Tsung or something like that.  I'm not gonna run the risk of doubting Ryu again; heck, the guy doesn't know how to lie.  I've left Eliza and Mel with some new friends of Ryu's to keep them safe.  In the meantime, I'm gonna find this Tsung guy and rip him a new one.  No one but Ryu can cut into my vacation time...

The Wu Shi Academy had become something of a refugee camp for this new world, a base for those who would resist the machinations of the demon sorceror Shang Tsung.  With Liu Kang braving the chaos to aid Kitana, it falls to me to see to the defenses.  A number of warriors of this new world have taken refuge and respite here, before re-entering the fray.  But one in particular has reiterated just how alien the world was; a fighter in red, asking for shelter for his family.  A warrior with a family; in our world that is a sure sign of tragedy.  Apparently a Tarkatan horde had ransacked their home, their antics having traumatized his wife; he asked why they would do such a thing.  Tarkatans don't need a reason; they spread and consume everything in their path.

Looking into that poor woman's face told me much of this new realm.  There was an innocence here, a naivety that could never exist in Earthrealm.  She hasn't spoken a word since she was left here with us, nor has her face shifted from the abject horror the man in red described.  This was a world that could never comprehend the horrors of Outworld.  What purpose would opening a portal here serve?  What did Shang Tsung see in this place?  Had the old man finally lost what little of his own mind he had amongst all those souls?

Their child was thankfully spared the violence of that night; the young shouldn't have to withstand such things, even on Earthrealm.  The boy's father is a fighter in his own right; a national champion, the best his country has to offer.  Hopefully he will be able to handle himself in Mortal Kombat.

I actually like this story as it goes, however, the way the intro bios go is different. It's kinda written like the mk trilogy stuff, before showing a cutscene of what's described. However, i do appreciate the writing, and ill be converting the storyline you came up with. Of course ill be crediting you.  :) Thank you very much. Hey, would you like to have a role in doing some of the writing for us to? It'd be a quick way to knock another thing off our list. PM me about it if you're interested.  ;)
#308  July 19, 2010, 11:41:05 am
    • UK
Yo, Chatman! Did you get my submission for Ryu's arcade intro? I also sent an idea for Scorpion while I was at it.

If you didn't get them, here they are again:

Ryu
Ryu Hoshi is a devoted warrior, and is known worldwide as the great champion of the Street Fighter Tournament. After the fall of M. Bison and the criminal organization Shadaloo, Ryu was preparing to settle down and renew his simple life of the warrior.

One seemingly normal day upon the roofs of Suzaku castle, Ryu was training his young love Sakura in his forgotten art when a powerful vortex erupted into the air right in front of him. From behind the swirling blackness he could hear whispered voices, deep in conversation.

Feeling this strange phenomenon may lead him to his ultimate fate, Ryu stepped forward into the unknown, as Sakura watched and prayed for his safety...

Scorpion
"It was fortunate for me that I betrayed Shao Kahn and allied myself with Sub-Zero during the final battle, for the Emperor would have surely cast me back into the Netherrealm once my usefulness was ended. In the end, however, I was accepted into the ranks of the Forces of Light, and played a pivotal role in the destruction of Kahn. But, even as Raiden and his allies welcomed me as a free man, I was still uneasy about the fate of my family and clan, for my soul could not rest until I knew who the true killer was.

"At this time, the sorcerer Shang Tsung had taken Kahn's throne for himself, and was ruling Outworld with a new brand of tyranny, threatening the very existance of Earthrealm. I was aiding Raiden's champions in a battle against the new emperor's Tarkatan allies when a sudden blast of dark magic propelled me away from the fight, unable to aid my allies or run to Sub-Zero's aid. I found myself in a whole new realm, confronted by Shang Tsung and his entourage. He promised me that he only wished to help me, and made me an offer.

"He claimed that the killer of my wife and child existed within the realm in which I now stood, and that he would be able to free me from the Netherrealm if I could dispose of him. If the sorcerer speaks the truth, then I finally realize why I still walk this earth. I cannot rest until I find this man and exact my revenge against him. I must avenge my family and clan! I must kill RYU!"

EDIT: My brother just cooked some bios up for Baraka and Smoke. Here ya go! :sugoi:

Baraka
People call us barbarians and turncoats. This only proves their stupidity and their right to a painful death. We Tarkartans merely serve the strongest, as it has been for generations. It is why we still live when others crumble and fall around us. Shao Kahn was not strong enough, and so we turned our allegiance to Shang Tsung, who rules us with strength and iron. He is a good ruler, and I would not have any other.

It is Shang Tsung who has brought us to this new realm, this painful mockery of the pitiful Earthrealm. It’s people are weak, their flesh soft and their bones brittle. They present no challenge to our forces. But there are some who have souls of metal, minds and bodies tempered by fighting, and they are strong. We discovered this when we stormed a building, looking for information for our master. These warriors killed good Tarkartans, but it was evident they did not wish to finish it properly. They will make good opponents, or failing that, good sport.

I have been assigned on a mission from Shang Tsung himself. I must eliminate these “Street Fighters” along with the foes that oppose us. No-one will stop me from accomplishing this. I live for the spilling of blood! I am Baraka! And I will enjoy killing each and every fool who dares challenge the might of the Takartan race!

Smoke
Observation:New realms accessable.

Observation: New realms contain powerful warriors called “Street Fighters”. Classify: Potential threat.

Hypothesis: Shang Tsung cause of realm merging. Classify: Irrelevant.

Observation: Sub-Zero still lives. Classify: Objective unfulfilled.

Objective: Kill Sub-Zero.

Additional Objective: Eliminate Street Fighters if opposed.

Mission Start
Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:17:49 pm by Steel Komodo
#309  July 19, 2010, 04:07:44 pm
  • ~X~ . Anger is one letter short of danger . ~X~
    • Albania
    • xat.com/Warrior_X_MUGEN
 ;D ;D ;D
WoW!!When will this project come to life...?!
Can't w8 to play it and have fun...
"FEAR THE WRATH OF GOD"

[img resized=1 width= height=]http://DeviLJiN.fileave.com/Signatures/DeviL_JiN.png[/img]
♣Konna mono de katteru to omota ka? <=> You thought you could win against me? ♣
#310  July 19, 2010, 08:33:04 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Hey Chatman and Steel Komodo i love their works dudes :sugoi:
#311  July 19, 2010, 08:41:49 pm
  • Recreation
Steel Komodo, his name isn't Ryu Hoshi man.
It's just Ryu guys.
#312  July 19, 2010, 09:18:34 pm
    • UK
#313  July 19, 2010, 10:13:05 pm
  • Recreation
#314  July 19, 2010, 10:55:14 pm
    • USA
Steel Komodo, his name isn't Ryu Hoshi man.
It's just Ryu guys.

Fix'd now. Sorry about that, but it's hard to break a bad habit.  ;P
Haha, it's ok.
No problems.

Any progress on the actual game though?
You can add the story stuff later.
Nice writing steel komodo, you and your brother are quite good.  :)
To answer that question, yes there is, firelord is pretty much finished with ryu and he's been beta tested, i believe he has scorpion, sub-zero, liu-kang, and cyborg smoke pretty much finished. As for sagat, as i slowly bulk up the sff, firelord is funneling in coding. We dont have basics yet, cuz i haven't sprited em, but th stand, walk, jump, and specials are all working. So, you guys might see something soon if you ask nice enough.  ;) Also, im putting some work in on the intro when i get weary of spriting sagat.

And i'd rather the story now, cuz if there are character interactions that forms the basis of em.
Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:27:56 pm by Chatman

MDD

#315  July 20, 2010, 03:41:43 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face

Street Fighter 1 and Evil palette.

Also, that's some nice writing Steel Komodo.
#316  July 20, 2010, 03:56:02 am
    • USA
#317  July 20, 2010, 08:17:14 am
  • You must be sexy to stand a chance!

#318  July 22, 2010, 09:13:36 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
A Concept for The Project! :P By Me