Re: Street Fighter V
#301  December 07, 2014, 01:50:03 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#302  December 07, 2014, 01:55:52 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Or, possibly even a karate/fighter Sackboy, but a guy can dream...
#303  December 07, 2014, 02:15:54 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
since I did not buy any previous version of sf4 I think buying sf4v won't be a dumb move, as long as the pc version does nto lag behind the ps4 one too much ; and even being part of the pc master race I don't mind getting a downgraded ps4 game, at least the performance is two times better than if it was made compatible with  the xbone.

I only want the anatomy to change a bit around, having the character feet be 2 heads big is too much.

KingKobra was a cool design they should bring him in with the female Abel.

strip fighter 4 alrayd did it:
now that I think about it, the best part of this is that we will get strip fighter 5, maybe this time it will be playable.
#304  December 07, 2014, 02:43:51 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
#305  December 07, 2014, 02:47:50 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfmP1JKjriU#t=44[/youtube]

I was expecting some more gameplay footage, but that's just me being an idiot, I guess.
Not sure what the video was trying to convey, other than #RISEUP
This is a generic forum signature.
#306  December 07, 2014, 02:52:29 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
A bit irrelevant the thing I will say but... XD

Something on Ryu new model reminds me of the classic "Street Fighter II Animated Movie"

His kimono is not more so ''little'' on Ryu and his face is a little more similar to the "Bengus" and the Movie style...

... Yeah, I liked this. Brings me more nostalgia about the classic SF animes[And now I will re-watch the SFII Movie] xD
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#307  December 07, 2014, 02:56:41 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
After looking at the gameplay vid, before Chun-Li sets up Ryu for an Air Combo, he was doing the same pose that was for his mode change mechanic, instead of his idle stance.

I'm guessing there could be a "charging up meter" for this mode change as part of the mechanic.
#308  December 07, 2014, 04:21:11 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
FFS Capcom just let go of Fukasawa already.
#309  December 07, 2014, 05:33:10 am
I'd welcome some kind of "power up" mode. Aesthetically it's one of my favorite concepts and one of the things I like about KoF '98 mechanically.

Ono speaks.
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/yoshinori-ono-discusses-street-fighter-v-leak-reaction-cross-play-concept

“When the leak got out, we held an emergency meeting with Sony about what to do,” Ono said with a laugh. “Today we showed off that footage of Ryu and Chun Li, right? We actually weren’t intending to show anything of the sort off today… We had planned to show it off next week in San Francisco at the Capcom Cup. But things change and it wasn’t like at this point we couldn’t show anything off at all. So we made a last minute decision to change our program and threw it on.

But that doesn’t mean next week will be all repeat.

“We still have more to show off next week, though,” Ono assured. “We’ve got more secret material lined up yet.”
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:36:57 am by Jiinx
#310  December 07, 2014, 07:48:05 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#311  December 07, 2014, 08:36:41 am
Exclusivity has happened before (yes, even titles that were multiplatforms and became exclusive, we've all been angry about that before !), complaining that your game isn't on your console is fucking old. He doesn't bring any decent point, literally all he does is keep yelling "this is fucking bullshit", as usual. No money even though SF4 was the best selling fighting game ? "This is bullshit." Sony paid for it ? "This is bullshit." Microsoft doesn't want to help ? "This is bullshit." And so on. Worthless and uninformed.

I'm under the impression that for the new models, they took note of that article from some time ago that listed the weird stuff in SF4 : the gap between Ryu's pecs, his tiny kimono, the proportion of the thickness of his body parts...

EDIT
Probably a detail, but on the gameplay video, at the beginning of the match when the "fight" shows up, Ryu has his classic stance, and a moment later at 0:32, when Chun Li jumps at him, he has a completely different stance. Could be just a part of a longer stance animation, or it could be that his stance changes in this EX mode, or something like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:37:18 am by DKDC
#312  December 07, 2014, 09:37:08 am
he may have not explained his point in a better way, but i agree with him on the exclusivity thing. for such a big franchise as SF to turn exclusive is kinda weird and unusual, why would they want to cut their xbox sales? just because the xbox isn't doing well in japan? and why would sony help fund it if it's predecessor sold very well?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#313  December 07, 2014, 10:38:29 am
Capcom's been having money issues for a year or something. SF4 selling well has nothing to do with this, it's a 6 freaking year old game and the many iterations didn't help that much. It's not fucking magic to understand why it's a big deal that Sony helped them. While I'm always ready to hate on companies complaining about the cost of AAA games and that 6 million sales is weak, it's still a reality (and Capcom isn't complaining about "poor sales", they're finding solutions to make something new, that's why I'm not hating), why is it so much of a surprise that a company with money issues would welcome external help.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:43:55 am by DKDC

SNT

#314  December 07, 2014, 11:18:03 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I think it's less about money and more about being able to offer cross-platform play. Playing along with Steam is something Sony has a history of doing on their consoles, and something Microsoft has a history of refusing to do with theirs. They have their own PC gaming ecosystem coming, and won't want to give Steam any more of a boost.

The other thing Microsoft has a history of doing is throwing a tantrum when it looks like the port they get will end up worse than the competition's, whether that's features or even release date; they've publicly said they'll refuse to publish a game when that's the case, it's been going on for years. I think they tried to play hardball with Capcom, and this time it didn't pay off.
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:32:06 am by SNT
#315  December 07, 2014, 11:27:28 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#316  December 07, 2014, 11:30:44 am
You must be the third fourth to write about that. :laugh:
#317  December 07, 2014, 11:30:55 am
is it me or is chun li's Nipples is easier to see now ?
It's you and like three other people just here. Her cloth has always had that odd fold there, it's more noticeable and this time it looks even more like her nipples, but it's probably just the fold of her cloth (I don't think Capcom will admit it's her nipples).

Didn't know much about that. It's probably a list of factors that ended up tipping the scale. But the announcement did claim that Capcom and Sony agreed on "pushing fighters to the new era", so yeah, maybe that's an allusion to cross play (among other things).
Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:34:14 am by DKDC
#318  December 07, 2014, 11:41:46 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Would love to hear an announcement that PC and PS4 versions of Mortal Kombat X would allow cross play as well.
#319  December 07, 2014, 12:06:41 pm
    • USA
Nah, they'll just hire High Voltage Software again so they can fuck up the framerate and the online and the game will be dead in a month after release.
#320  December 07, 2014, 04:19:11 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Really as far as convenience goes you can't beat Capcom
-Smart button check on select screen (Arcsys did it first tho!)
-The ability to assign the same input to multiple buttons (Pad Juri is possible now, hooray!)
-Combo recorder function for training mode, in case you wanted to practice a single specific part of a combo
-Latency simulator for training
-And now cross play

Their business practices are awful but as far as game convenience goes Capcom are pretty damn solid.