YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18077634 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#261  August 12, 2015, 06:18:41 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Chill it was a rhetorical question. :U
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#262  August 12, 2015, 06:21:50 pm
yeah there was alot of moving around and not so much fighting and knuckles' "oh no" was so annoying lol.
anyways, i think wolverine is gonna fight Claw Vega. because claws, and they showed a SFII cabinet at the end.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#263  August 12, 2015, 07:06:17 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
As much as I hated those Axkeeper sprites for DK, I loved the outcome. That and DK won, so eat that those who thought Knux would win (does the Ted Bear ass wiggle jutsu :P)

The "Oh no" loop was annoying, couldn't they have used betters sounds for Knuckles though.

Also, definitely Wolverine vs. Vega, and we don't need a Death Battle segment to know the outcome of THAT battle. :smartass2:
This is a generic forum signature.

Bea

#264  August 12, 2015, 08:58:22 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
If they do Wolverine vs Vega, it will be an almost one sided fight as the Wolverine vs Wonder Woman that Super Power Beat Down is filming.
Except Wolvie will destroy Vega, and he should be totally obliterated by Wondy, but he will win there because Super Power Beat Down comes down to a popularity context.
And Bat in the Sun is claiming that they only pair fighters of similar power in their shorts. Yeah, like Vader and Batman and Wondy and Wolverine...

I do hope Death Battle comes up with a more fitting opponent for Wolvie.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#265  August 13, 2015, 01:25:07 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I don't like how they drew information from sources other than the video games and how they equated the game Knuckles with Boom Knuckles etc, but the fight was really fun and well executed so that made up for it. Definitely one of the better sprite-based battles they've done. I dunno if it's a perfect record of who would really win in a fight but definitely entertaining.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#266  August 13, 2015, 01:44:12 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
If they do Wolverine vs Vega, it will be an almost one sided fight as the Wolverine vs Wonder Woman that Super Power Beat Down is filming.
Except Wolvie will destroy Vega, and he should be totally obliterated by Wondy, but he will win there because Super Power Beat Down comes down to a popularity context.
And Bat in the Sun is claiming that they only pair fighters of similar power in their shorts. Yeah, like Vader and Batman and Wondy and Wolverine...

I do hope Death Battle comes up with a more fitting opponent for Wolvie.

The only other guy I could think of to face Wolverine off the of my head is Gen-An Shiranui of Samurai Shodown. He's got a claw weapon as well... Who knows.

As for the last battle: I liked it. I liked that they used the cartoons as part of the research (especially Sonic Boom's version of Knuckles.. he's worth the laughs) and the fight was a good one. I just think that the 'Oh No' bit did get a little overdone... but, that's just me.
#267  August 13, 2015, 01:55:48 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
I thought the "oh no" thing was a pretty clever callback to Sonic Adventure, as he says that every time he takes damage in his boss fight with Sonic. It amused me at least
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#268  August 13, 2015, 01:57:57 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I thought the "oh no" thing was a pretty clever callback to Sonic Adventure, as he says that every time he takes damage in his boss fight with Sonic. It amused me at least

It was pretty hilarious at first, but the overuse of that sound made it overkill.
This is a generic forum signature.
#269  August 13, 2015, 01:59:08 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Idk, I got pretty annoyed at the overuse of "Oh no". Should have used other voiceclips rather than "Oh nos" too many times.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now for who Wolverine will fight.. I'm going with either Vega (another claw man, even though he has only one where Wolverine has 2), or maybe someone from DC, but idk who's faster and as brutal as Wolverine on the DC side.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I love how they used Ax's sprite for DK, despite how limited it is.
#270  August 13, 2015, 02:01:54 am
how about Lobo? i know he's a parody of wolvie, but they did Deadpool and he was a parody too.
and he's just as tough as him when to comes to powers and healing too.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#271  August 13, 2015, 03:27:24 am
  • The Goddess Returns
From what I heard in the Screwattack forums...

It seems Raiden(MGR fame) will be Wolverine's opponent..and that wouldn't be fair to Raiden...Wolverine won't last 10 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#272  August 13, 2015, 05:28:44 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Even if you give Wolverine some of his more ridiculous healing factor feats (like the time he came back from having literally all the flesh atomized off his bones), there's absolutely no way he'd be able to win. There's literally nothing he can do against Raiden, dude's absurdly fast and crazy strong. Those adamantium claws could cut through Raiden's body and his fancy swords, but the only way that would happen is if Raiden literally did nothing. It just doesn't seem like a fun fight.

how about Lobo? i know he's a parody of wolvie, but they did Deadpool and he was a parody too.
Lobo is roughly in Superman's weight class. Wolverine doesn't have a prayer.

... that said, they have fought before, in a DC/Marvel crossover series that had their various characters fight each other for a vague and stupid reason. The results were determined through a fan vote, so the most popular character won, and for the Wolverine/Lobo fight, that meant Wolverine (who is a normal human, aside from the enhanced senses, unbreakable metal skeleton and claws, and a healing factor) somehow managed to defeat Lobo (a space alien who not only can stand toe-to-toe with Superman, but has a vastly superior healing factor that can even revive him from a drop of blood!!!). All offscreen.
#273  August 13, 2015, 09:16:55 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Even if you give Wolverine some of his more ridiculous healing factor feats (like the time he came back from having literally all the flesh atomized off his bones), there's absolutely no way he'd be able to win. There's literally nothing he can do against Raiden, dude's absurdly fast and crazy strong. Those adamantium claws could cut through Raiden's body and his fancy swords, but the only way that would happen is if Raiden literally did nothing. It just doesn't seem like a fun fight.

Lobo is roughly in Superman's weight class. Wolverine doesn't have a prayer.

... that said, they have fought before, in a DC/Marvel crossover series that had their various characters fight each other for a vague and stupid reason. The results were determined through a fan vote, so the most popular character won, and for the Wolverine/Lobo fight, that meant Wolverine (who is a normal human, aside from the enhanced senses, unbreakable metal skeleton and claws, and a healing factor) somehow managed to defeat Lobo (a space alien who not only can stand toe-to-toe with Superman, but has a vastly superior healing factor that can even revive him from a drop of blood!!!). All offscreen.

Even the writers knew that Wolverine winning was pure BS, so on top of that, they had Professor X somehow pay Lobo to take a dive as an alibi.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#274  August 14, 2015, 02:44:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The streak of matches I don't agree with continues I guess.  Weird choice in sprites, but as already said they did good with them.

I don't know much on Raiden, besides he has a mechanical body, cuts up watermelon and I thought he was a woman for the longest time.  Won't claim to be a Wolverine buff either, but I if I recall correctly nothing can harm those adamantium bones of his beyond more adamantium, a stronger metal or cosmic powers (Unless you count Magneto bending the rules by pulling it out).  Does Raiden have something tougher than the supposed strongest natural metal in the universe or godly magic abilities I don't know?

Because Metal Gear goes to some strange places, I wouldn't be surprised.  But if not...it's nothing but of matter of time.  Raiden expends energy, Wolverine comes back from anything, kills Raiden when he's worn out.

Also I can't update the first post with the new fight, computer's dead.  Just got the Xbox to browse. :(
#275  August 14, 2015, 02:58:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Raiden's newest robot body is crazy strong and pretty dang fast (and can further increase its speed for a limited amount of time to like, bullet-time levels, by expending large amounts of energy); Wolverine could certainly cut through his armored body and all his weapons, but I can't imagine Wolverine landing even a single hit on him. And while no upper limit was established, we at least know that Raiden's energy reserves can last about 12 hours or so, under constant strain and intense activity.

The only really issue is killing Wolverine, but I think even that Raiden could overcome most interpretations of Wolverine, even the ones with insanely powerful healing factors. Old-school Wolverine should be able to die of blood loss, or choking. Drowning remains a threat to even more modern versions of Wolverine that have more ridiculous healing factors. At the very least, Raiden should be able to restrain Wolverine fairly easily, provided he has some sort of material Wolverine cannot break with his own strength, and is positioned in such a way that he cannot cut through his bonds with his claws.
#276  August 14, 2015, 03:00:21 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
In before they fight on the Big Shell just so they can have a drowning scare.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Bea

#277  August 14, 2015, 03:11:32 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Wolverine was disintegrated by an effing sentinel.
Guy has this healing factor thing, but he lost to a stupid robot.

Raiden would tear him apart. Maybe a fight with Space Ghost could be more entertaining, but Space Ghost is like, tots overpowered! *nod nod*
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#278  August 14, 2015, 03:20:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Would ripping out parts of the adamantium skeleton kill Wolverine or slow him down? If I remember, Magneto killed Wolverine one time by ripping the adamantium skeleton out of him. In Raiden's case, he can rip out a spine out of a cyborg and crush them for energy after slicing his victims to ribbons.
#279  August 14, 2015, 03:26:12 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Space Ghost needs a fight as much as....well, I was going to say Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, but technecally, their shows DID end.  And Colbert IS Superman, Falcon and the president of Marvel's Earth, never mind owning Cap's shield.  And Stewart was mistaken to be the best Green Lantern I believe.

I dunno, I get the feeling this is going to be another composite deal.  Wolvy chilled out at the bottom of a lake with metal coils driven throughout him in Days of Future Past without drowning.  As long as they take the best of his survivability feats, I can't help but see this being Logan being turned in a pincushion, a "12 Hours Later" sign shows, then he just runs a battery drained Raiden through.

And didn't it take a really angry Hulk to manage to tear Logan's spine?  I have trouble seeing Raiden being Hulk-levels of power.
#280  August 14, 2015, 03:35:06 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Raiden may not have the upper strength potential of Hulk, but Metal Gear Excelsus didn't exactly seem like a lightweight machine.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time