YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17397408 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#681  May 23, 2016, 02:06:22 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Strange that he is using a reskinned Akira model for Ryu.
#682  May 23, 2016, 06:40:05 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh.  The animation really wasn't all that spectacular, more Saitama nonsense for jokes, more Superman the ass a la Screw Attack, so kinda what I was expecting to come out of it.  I'm not sure quoting and doing scenes from Man of Steel or Batman V Superman are supposed to be good or bad for Supes either.  Not exactly thrilled about Ryu and Jin either, but the preview looked nice at least.

That Superman model is really off looking.  And I think it's the one Screw Attack used in their second video too.  What's it from anyways?
#683  May 23, 2016, 08:47:07 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Its the New 52 skin from Injustice
#684  May 23, 2016, 09:38:02 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
[youtube]zt9KMvI-kQs[/youtube]

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#685  May 23, 2016, 11:59:36 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
As much as  I hate Superman for being a generally boring character, I hate Saitama's meme status even more. Can it just die already? He couldn't even beat Kenshiro in an actual fight.

Oh and as far as the result of the match goes...
#686  May 24, 2016, 12:38:45 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There's no meme to it.  Read One Punch Man.  Saitama is genuinely that strong.  His entire character is a joke on characters like Superman or ridiculously strong comic book heroes and how doing power battles with them is pointless. 
#687  May 24, 2016, 01:22:01 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
As much as  I hate Superman for being a generally boring character, I hate Saitama's meme status even more. Can it just die already? He couldn't even beat Kenshiro in an actual fight.

Caped Baldy routinely wipes the floor with the strongest martial artists of his world. Some of those 'losers' are mountain crushing behemoths who move faster than sound and are several times stronger than Kenshiro.
#688  May 24, 2016, 02:39:22 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Now that it's been proven that the One Punch Man can beat Superman... is there anyone that could even stand up to this guy? Someone out there has to be able to take more then one punch from this guy, right?
#689  May 24, 2016, 11:11:42 am
    • UK
power wise? maybe one dude? but hes also animu

technical wise, like a bajillion people

he can't breathe in space
#690  May 24, 2016, 01:04:48 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Now that it's been proven that the One Punch Man can beat Superman... is there anyone that could even stand up to this guy? Someone out there has to be able to take more then one punch from this guy, right?
Like I said: We need someone who can absorb the damage of Saitama's punches and reflect it back to Saitama. It's that easy.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#691  May 24, 2016, 04:13:19 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Caped Baldy routinely wipes the floor with the strongest martial artists of his world. Some of those 'losers' are mountain crushing behemoths who move faster than sound and are several times stronger than Kenshiro.

That's the thing. Kenshiro and Hokuto Shin-Ken itself are the antithesis to raw strength. Kenshiro isn't even the strongest of the Hokuto Brothers and yet he was chosen as the successor. Except for the fact that Kenshiro can  get cut like the rest of us and can drown like a normal person (latter is filler) he only has 2 "weaknesses"

1) If you know a Martial Art he can't tank you because...
2) Heightened mental/spiritual strength forms a "touki" which is more or less HNK's version of a Power Level. If you do not have a Touki Kenshiro is INVINCIBLE to you. This has never once in the series been contradicted except for the first two points I mentioned. So for Example; Jotaro himself may or may not being able to actually hurt Kenshiro but since Star Platinum is a manifestation of Jotaro's spirit, it could. ect.

But none of that matters because Kenshiro would still lose to Saitama for one simple reason. Kenshiro never goes into a fight at 100%. He always goes in with an average persons's strength/durability of 10% (HNK logic) and lets his foes get a few good hits in before he gets serious.
Saitama would just 1-punch him then and there.
Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:50:08 pm by Negi Springfield
#692  May 24, 2016, 05:37:27 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
There's no meme to it.  Read One Punch Man.  Saitama is genuinely that strong.  His entire character is a joke on characters like Superman or ridiculously strong comic book heroes and how doing power battles with them is pointless.

Actually, it is a meme...and a horribly done one but only in the context of vs. fights that uses what the character has done currently, not what can be guessed at.

Narutoforums, for example, despises Saitama and everything he stands for when used in VS. environments because people try and use how powerful he COULD BE rather than what he has shown.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#693  May 25, 2016, 04:09:25 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Joker preview

#694  May 25, 2016, 05:57:54 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
power wise? maybe one dude? but hes also animu

technical wise, like a bajillion people

he can't breathe in space

Unless i missed some thing that changed recently i think Saitama is able to breathe in space. We would need more scenes to know honestly. The way i took the scene of him on the moon is that he doesnt need oxygen, hell in the scene he even has his mouth open and doesn't hold his nose until he realizes he is in space. If you know the character i think this is more out of his lack of awareness then anything. He doesn't even understand how space works and that he was already sitting there mouth wide open. I say it's open to debate.

It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#695  May 31, 2016, 04:15:19 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Needles Kane preview
#696  June 02, 2016, 03:26:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
DBX Promo

Animation's looking a lot better than the last time it premiered.
#697  June 02, 2016, 03:31:05 pm
    • USA
What does Screwattack have against the Fetts?  Jango doesn't stand a remote chance against Master Chief.

King Dedede beating Amy sounds like fun though.
#698  June 02, 2016, 03:42:43 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Hm. Interesting.

I def wanna the Spider Man/Mikasa battles, any ideas on who they would possibly battle?
This is a generic forum signature.
#699  June 02, 2016, 03:47:27 pm
    • USA
Mikasa's the Titan girl, right?  Wouldn't they be fighting each other?  Similar ability to get around the city with some form of grapple hook.

Oh that and the slow-mo of Spider-Man looks like he's in the medieval city from her show anyways, that too.
#700  June 02, 2016, 03:53:58 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh that and the slow-mo of Spider-Man looks like he's in the medieval city from her show anyways, that too.

You know now that I look at it, it does look like Spider Man was swinging in that AoT city.

That wouldn't be a bad idea for a battle, would be better than the Spider Man vs Batman DB.
This is a generic forum signature.