YesNoOk

Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated) (Read 40968 times)

Started by Trololo, February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
Share this topic:
Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#1  February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Well, what can I say... I've finally finished something new. And, basically, remade something old...
I'm too lazy to make videos right now and stuff, so here are just the links. Feeling rusty, haven't posted here in ages.
All you need to know is in ReadMe files. If you'll find any mistakes and bugs in both- feel free to tell me about them.
Download Cody
Download Balrog
Re: Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#2  February 25, 2020, 03:44:21 pm
well well.....Lord Trololo
#3  February 25, 2020, 03:58:16 pm
Finally !

Thanks for the releases man, I am happy to see Balrog was released as well.
Did you update the stuff for him the txt I gave you way back when ?

Gonna test em both.

Thanks !
=============
Gonna edit this post as I find stuff.
When you use HP and HK Cody will constantly grunt if you spam them you will hear the " ha ha" all the time and can get grading on the years.
Why not make the sounds NOT to play everytime he punches or kicks or at least some of them.
With Cody I cant pick up the knife, when I try to pick it up I can hear the sound of it being picked up but nothing happenes.
His crouching low  kick does not have the speed of his crouching low punch. Balrog has the same issue.
==============
Balrog.
I would add more combos to balrog or cancels on the normals lets say a low hp to a fierce hp stuff like that.
Also his crouching low kick does not have the rapid kicking. Cody has the same issue.
If I rememer correctly Balrog can chain some of his crouching normals as well in CVS2 as well as a standing short punch to an uppercut.
Give this a watch. Balrog has a couple of chains/cancels on his normals when he is crouching or stadning up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONwQr9L-fE
===============
This is it for now, I'll have more time later to continue testing them.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:18:59 pm by PeXXeR
#4  February 25, 2020, 04:17:37 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Nice to see you releasing once more, here's what I've got:
Cody:
1. His Level 1 Supers don't have (MAX) (Meaning they have Level 2 Variants) next to their names.
2. Last Dread Dust is marked with the wrong command in the readme.
3. It's probably better to say when Bud Spray is to be done next to the command, it's kinda misleading at first.
4. Run only has 1 step sound, and there's no startup dust and sound on it.
5. The Dust FXs for his specials and supers are kinda odd when they're not Hi-Res.
6. The Knife Pick-Up command is a bit too strict. I'd just making it so you can hold the Direction button down like with throws.
7. His Bad Stones could do with Land FX when they hit the ground, it's kinda empty when they do as of now.
8. Last Dread Dust just isn't right without any weapons used, but I can understand if it was due to the lack of sprites for both sffs.
9. Does he not have any Super-Cancels?
10. Another move I'd like to see added would be his Double Kick, from SF4 Omega Mode and SF5, using health like Maki's Reppukyaku and Haggar's Lariat.
Balrog:
1. I'm really put off by his Punches using Kick Hit-Sounds.
2. His Run lacks dust like Cody.
3. Sandbag Throw uses a Kick Hit-Sound instead of a Slam Sound.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  February 25, 2020, 04:30:03 pm
Its not letting me edit my old post here are Balrog's basic strings. Balrog really needs these.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#6  February 25, 2020, 05:44:25 pm
    • UK

Oh I forgot to mention Cody has an empty portraits folder.
WIP Schedule:
#7  February 25, 2020, 06:20:58 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
For some reason his medium punch doesn't work while moving forward
#8  February 25, 2020, 07:54:32 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
I'm so flattered to see my name on the credits, I love this one. Good job.

Actually, now that I see it, I made a mistake on CSing the handcuffs, I put them 7 colors instead of 8, I hope it's not a big deal.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:02:38 pm by S. Jetstream
#9  February 25, 2020, 10:58:26 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Here's my feedback on them:
Cody:
-All of Cody's supers and Ruffian Kick has no envshake when they hit.

Balrog:
-His lifebar portrait is not the default palette (The pupil on his eye is missing, which the current palette doesn't have).
-His custom combo spark is slightly misaligned when standing.

Would've been more, but RagingRowen has posted most of them already. That's why it's short.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  February 26, 2020, 06:44:58 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Thanks for feedback.
When you use HP and HK Cody will constantly grunt if you spam them you will hear the " ha ha" all the time and can get grading on the years.
Why not make the sounds NOT to play everytime he punches or kicks or at least some of them.
Because, once again, SFA3. He does that there too.

With Cody I cant pick up the knife, when I try to pick it up I can hear the sound of it being picked up but nothing happenes.
I dunno, it gets the knife just perfectly for me, and alone and against himself. Maybe you're doing something wrong?

His Level 1 Supers don't have (MAX) (Meaning they have Level 2 Variants) next to their names.
Last Dread Dust is marked with the wrong command in the readme.
It's probably better to say when Bud Spray is to be done next to the command, it's kinda misleading at first.
OK, I'll fix the ReadMe. But I don't think I need to clarify something about Bad Spray. I've listed it in Move Details afterall.

Run only has 1 step sound, and there's no startup dust and sound on it.
Got it, fix it.

The Dust FXs for his specials and supers are kinda odd when they're not Hi-Res.
While I can agree with you on THAT, I have to admit: Hi-Res doesn't really work with THIS kind of dust when Cody literally slaps the dirt at the enemy's face.

The Knife Pick-Up command is a bit too strict. I'd just making it so you can hold the Direction button down like with throws.
Well, it IS supposed to be strict. But don't worry, there IS a trick to make it easier: try to not press the buttons at the same time. Press the Punches the moment you've RELEASED the Down button. It works much better like that.

His Bad Stones could do with Land FX when they hit the ground, it's kinda empty when they do as of now.
While I can agree with that in indeed looks kinda empty, I'll tell you, that Landing Explod will be too much. They don't have the impact of full-body to create such wave of dust.

Last Dread Dust just isn't right without any weapons used, but I can understand if it was due to the lack of sprites for both sffs.
Well, at least Cody still faceplants the enemy to the wall. And does the good dust at the beginning. xD

Does he not have any Super-Cancels?
No, he doesn't. He didn't have those in SFA3, and I tell you what: even if he had them they'd be useless: 3 out of 4 of his Specials knock the enemy down. Considering that one super doesn't go further than initial hit on the falling enemy and the other one can juggle only in the corner, I'd say it's going to be a waste to implement. And the 4th one is Bad Stone, which is too slow to even try to execute on enemy close enough for supers to contact.

Another move I'd like to see added would be his Double Kick, from SF4 Omega Mode and SF5, using health like Maki's Reppukyaku and Haggar's Lariat.
Sorry, but I have to ignore this one. I just don't think it will fit. Plus, proven by Varo's version, this thing can be outright cheap in the corner, but totally useless otherwise. What I would like to see is Zonk Punch, this one can be useful as a pretty fast way to hit through projectiles. But we don't have the sprites for FF outfit, so yeah...

Oh I forgot to mention Cody has an empty portraits folder.
Well, one more problem os having 2 SFFs- you can't really stock up of the ports, since you need them for BOTH versions.

All of Cody's supers and Ruffian Kick has no envshake when they hit.
Damn, I forgot about those. Will add them, BUT SELECTIVELY. Now that I see them I actually like them more without shaking.

I'm so flattered to see my name on the credits, I love this one. Good job.
Actually, now that I see it, I made a mistake on CSing the handcuffs, I put them 7 colors instead of 8, I hope it's not a big deal.
Dude, you've made the CS I used- you go to the Credits. And don't worry, it IS no big deal.

I'll reply for Balrog and upload fixed Cody later. Busy RN.
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:19:33 am by Trololo
#11  February 26, 2020, 08:54:48 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Awesome! May I edit a few sprites for Cody?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#12  February 26, 2020, 09:25:30 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Wow! Trololo's back!
#13  February 26, 2020, 10:13:35 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK, Fixed Cody (and Balrog with 1 single fix) is uploaded.
PeXXeR, I'll leave getting TOO deep in 'Rog fo later times, OK? I'm kinda out of Mojo to do stuff with this Cody I REALLY went deep with.

Awesome! May I edit a few sprites for Cody?
I didn't really understand the question. Maybe you can clarify the stuff?

Wow! Trololo's back!
I never left. It's just my tempo you better get used to: I'm usually too lazy to finish the stuff I make, and what DOES get finished get released. Hence my title of "The Laziest Thing Alive".

I'm really put off by his Punches using Kick Hit-Sounds.
Well, it's Balrog, pal. He is a Hands-only character, meaning that 2 sets will not work for him. So, I had to stick with 1. And I choose Leg Set because, IMHO, it imitates the sound of BOXING GLOVES very well. Like, try to listen to his hits with that logic in mind (but his LK which is legit SKIN CONTACT with his elbow so he has the Punch Sound).

His Run lacks dust like Cody.
OK, Fixed.

Sandbag Throw uses a Kick Hit-Sound instead of a Slam Sound.
Well, actually he uses BOTH of the sounds at the same time. Why? To add some "OOMPH!" to the throw. With a single sound, it doesn't even remotely feel like a strong and painful move.

His lifebar portrait is not the default palette (The pupil on his eye is missing, which the current palette doesn't have).
Well, that's the way of older palette usage I'm sticking with. Every time you save SFF with him, he will save its portrait with palette 1,1, which is Palette A, while Default seats on palette X, aka 1.4. So, you'll have to manually change and save the Default palette for FF3 every time to fix the thing. Maybe I better look up the way palettes are designated in JMM's chars nowadays...

His custom combo spark is slightly misaligned when standing.
This I justify with me using Jesuszilla's 'Rog as reference for a lot of stuff in this remake. He is known for his accuracy, so I don't have the reasons to doubt THIS position for Custom Combo spark.
#14  February 26, 2020, 10:52:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
It is fine to not be accurate sometimes. If you take CvS2 Akuma's Tenma Gou Zankuu, the super spark is very (and I mean VERY) missaligned too. When I made my Akuma I felt the need to change it. But is up to you, nothing that affects the gameplay anyway. ;)
#15  February 27, 2020, 06:28:33 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
It is fine to not be accurate sometimes. If you take CvS2 Akuma's Tenma Gou Zankuu, the super spark is very (and I mean VERY) missaligned too. When I made my Akuma I felt the need to change it. But is up to you, nothing that affects the gameplay anyway. ;)

Well, I know it's sometimes good to be not accurate. But I just want it like that, OK?
#16  February 27, 2020, 07:07:40 am
    • USA
I found a couple of more issues with Cody while testing this update:
-Dead End Irony doesn't work if the opponent was hit in the air (It will hit, but the move will fail).
-Last Dread Dust doesn't do the finishing move if the opponent was hit in the air assuming the attacked was blocked.
-The wind effects of Criminal Upper has shadows.
-I know you wanted to added the envshake on the supers SELECTIVELY, but won't it look better if the 7th hit of Final Destruction and the 13 to 17th hits MAX Final Destruction also had it as well since those parts had strong HP hit sounds? The jabbing parts look fine without it though.

Not sure if you uploaded the Balrog update already, but he still doesn't have the dust on the startup of his running animation.

Well, that's the way of older palette usage I'm sticking with. Every time you save SFF with him, he will save its portrait with palette 1,1, which is Palette A, while Default seats on palette X, aka 1.4. So, you'll have to manually change and save the Default palette for FF3 every time to fix the thing. Maybe I better look up the way palettes are designated in JMM's chars nowadays...
Can't you scroll to palette (1,4), click "apply the current palette on the specific sprites" on FFS (I used that version) on the palettes section, then save the SFF? Won't that fix it or you tried it already and it didn't work? Cody's palette is fine, not Balrog's though.
#17  February 27, 2020, 07:20:00 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I found a couple of more issues with Cody while testing this update:
-Dead End Irony doesn't work if the opponent was hit in the air (It will hit, but the move will fail).
-Last Dread Dust doesn't do the finishing move if the opponent was hit in the air assuming the attacked was blocked.
-The wind effects of Criminal Upper has shadows.
-I know you wanted to added the envshake on the supers SELECTIVELY, but won't it look better if the 7th hit of Final Destruction and the 13 to 17th hits MAX Final Destruction also had it as well since those parts had strong HP hit sounds? The jabbing parts look fine without it though.

Not sure if you uploaded the Balrog update already, but he still doesn't have the dust on the startup of his running animation.

Can't you scroll to palette (1,4), click "apply the current palette on the specific sprites" on FFS (I used that version) on the palettes section, then save the SFF? Won't that fix it or you tried it already and it didn't work? Cody's palette is fine, not Balrog's though.

-Intended. In SFA3 you can't really juggle with it either until enemy is cornered and in the right position.
-Intended, to balance out the fact this super is, basically, juggle-perfect. Plus, to make it closer to SF4 counterpart, which in some condition didn't finish the move either,
-I'll look into it. But I don't see any shadow. Maybe you could upload a screenshot?
Edit: NVM. It seems to be 1.0 only problem. I think I'm better test friggin' 1.0 chars on 1.0 more. xD
-Nah, the shaking just mixes up like that. Trust me: I TRIED to give the shake to ALL the hits. If I didn't leave it like that- that means it doesn't look as good as you think.
-...it seems I've forgot to save the changes or something like that. At any rate, fix is REALLY uploaded now.
-Dude, that wasn't the point. The point is that I'll have to do that, no matter what is it, every time I open the char to edit it. And trust me, I open them up a lot to fix some stuff. So, if course I can easily forget to do it.
Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:23:16 am by Trololo
#18  February 27, 2020, 08:25:18 am
    • USA
-Intended. In SFA3 you can't really juggle with it either until enemy is cornered and in the right position.
-Intended, to balance out the fact this super is, basically, juggle-perfect. Plus, to make it closer to SF4 counterpart, which in some condition didn't finish the move either,
-I'll look into it. But I don't see any shadow. Maybe you could upload a screenshot?
Edit: NVM. It seems to be 1.0 only problem. I think I'm better test friggin' 1.0 chars on 1.0 more. xD
-Nah, the shaking just mixes up like that. Trust me: I TRIED to give the shake to ALL the hits. If I didn't leave it like that- that means it doesn't look as good as you think.
-...it seems I've forgot to save the changes or something like that. At any rate, fix is REALLY uploaded now.
-Dude, that wasn't the point. The point is that I'll have to do that, no matter what is it, every time I open the char to edit it. And trust me, I open them up a lot to fix some stuff. So, if course I can easily forget to do it.
-Ah, I see for these two as I haven't played SFA3 for a long time. I thought it was supposed to automatically put the opponent to the ground when it connects and the moves will work as they should.
-Yeah, I use 1.0 and that's how I noticed it. However, I didn't mention it for Bad Stone and Bad Knife as they are physical objects. So it makes sense for them to have shadows.
-That's why I said specifically those parts with the heavy punch hit sounds. I knew the jabbing parts with the weak punch hit sounds would look off as it's too quick and doesn't have much oomph to it.
-I understand, but you don't have to save the entire character just to do that. That's why it keeps changing back to (1,1). Only save the SFF itself if you must make changes to it, otherwise save each file separately. This is mostly an issue for 1.1 as the palette of the lifebar portrait can't change on the lifebars due to a bug, so it will always show the (1,1) palette.
#19  February 27, 2020, 06:01:29 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Tested him out in both Mugen and Ikemen just to be sure but his medium punch still doesn't work while walking which seems strange as it works fine with the light and heavy punches
Clipped a gif here so you can see what I mean
#20  February 27, 2020, 07:19:02 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Thank goodness this exists now, Thanks a lot Trololo, great characters, as always.
#21  February 27, 2020, 08:38:20 pm
    • UK

Does he not have any Super-Cancels?
No, he doesn't. He didn't have those in SFA3, and I tell you what: even if he had them they'd be useless: 3 out of 4 of his Specials knock the enemy down. Considering that one super doesn't go further than initial hit on the falling enemy and the other one can juggle only in the corner, I'd say it's going to be a waste to implement. And the 4th one is Bad Stone, which is too slow to even try to execute on enemy close enough for supers to contact.
I assume he didn't have Super Cancels in USF4 (or whatever version of that game you're referencing) either, maybe SF5?

WIP Schedule:
#22  February 27, 2020, 11:38:50 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Final fight outfit?
#23  February 27, 2020, 11:40:24 pm
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
#24  February 28, 2020, 12:17:01 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Nice! Thank tou! I'll dl later!

DW

#25  February 28, 2020, 02:37:11 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Color me impressed! You have come a long way, Trololo. Cody is without a doubt, your "magnum opus" so to speak. I hope you go back and give the same care and dedication to your Adon and Nash. I'll get into Balrog later, but it is a definite improvement for him as well. You got various debug flood going on with him though(Balrog). Along with you need to adjust the hitpauses for his B/F + Punch super. If you're gonna use JZ's Balrog, which is a very good foundation, go all the way. Pexxer mentioned a lot of stuff you got going on as well.

A few things of note with Cody though:

-Why does MP(stand or crouch) have so much hitvel for p2? I haven't checked the values, but it feels like it's just as much as his HPs.

-Your QCF kick specials feels stiff compared to SFA3 and other versions I've played. Like, it drags too long after the initial kick.

-His Criminal Upper special causes too much chip damage imo. Shouldn't be 7 chip per hit on multi hitting moves like this.

-Someone already mention the Bad Stone hit the ground thing. You're also using the wrong SFX for when it hits the ground though. You can get the correct SFX from my Akuma or Psylocke, or whoever got a ground hitting projectile.

-Even though you explained how picking up the knife works, it actually doesn't work like that in SFA3. It works how people intend it to work. Pressing the punches slightly after pressing down is odd and a nuance it shouldn't have.

-Shouldn't the knife projectile cause more damage than the stone?

-Not gonna lie, EX QCF Kick special is pretty worthless. Why would I spend meter for just kinda upper body invulnerability? It causes the same damage(as LK ver.) and I suppose has slightly better startup? It's also weird that p2 get's no X vel on hit. Depending on the distance, he can do silly things like put himself in the corner on hit... Think of something better/worth spending meter for.

I'm using the casual SFF. That run anim...is pretty bad, not gonna lie. It works for what it is though I suppose. I haven't tried every little thing, and haven't played any arcade runs yet. Though from what I quick tested, he's very well done. Good job, I'll get back with you after some more extensive/real time fights.
Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:42:45 am by DW
#26  February 28, 2020, 08:42:47 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Damn, thanks a lot, DW.
While I would like somehow make my chars better, I have to say, though, that this, most likely, won't happen any time soon. And I mean not that I'm a lazy sack of shite or something like that this time, no. Let's just say, I had a real motivation to make this Cody as good as possible, and I don't want that motivation to happen again.
At any rate, here is my reply to your feedback:
-Well, in SFA3 HitVels are huge. I maybe visually, but tried to recreate those HitVels he has there. But yeah, those are really actual with his xscale = 1. Maybe I'm better tone them down later since I use xscale = 0.8333...
-I dunno, I tried to view frame-per-frame when he starts and when he stops. I don't think it drags either...
-Now with this, I agree. I've looked up SFA3 again and finally noticed, that there Hurricane hits the blocked opponent only once. So, I've done that.
-I don't know what can I use for stones there, really. It just looks wrong with Landing Explod. Sound, on the other hand, it already applied.
-I agree that WAS a mistake. I've just explained the way it actually worked better. At any rate, I've managed to fix this problem and now you can pick the knife up any way possible: and simultaneous commands, and punches slightly before releasing the down button, and after. I actually like how comfortable it's to pick this damn knife up now.
-Not in this case, pal. You see, I've used "SFA3 Max" for PSP, and it has a concrete Training mode, with fight data in it and so on. So, I can assure you: aside from some basic maths (1 SFA3 Point * 7 to M.U.G.E.N. * 0.8 to P.o.T.S.) the damage I've used is legit.
MAX Charged Stone:

Knife:

-Well, maybe. But that's how it is for SF4. At least, for Vanilla SSF4 I have for my PS3. Training with Fight Data is there too. And I can't really go with SF5 version, you know...
Once again, thanks for the feedback. Cody with listed fixes and Balrog with fixed MP problem and swat out debug flood are uploaded already.
=========[Edit: the answer to RagingRowen:]==============
I assume he didn't have Super Cancels in USF4 (or whatever version of that game you're referencing) either, maybe SF5?
No, I don't think we should even think about SFV version having Super Cancels.
Just remember his Critical Art (AKA Giant Criminal Upper), and you'll understand, that THIS Super just works TOO differently from what he had in SFA3 and SF4.
I mean, unlike the Supers he has in SFA3, that Screw Upper is, basically, a failproof juggle tool, so there IS a need to cancel into. But this won't help 2 other Supers to get any more useful in these conditions, and since I DON'T play adding that super in, there is just no need for Super Cancel: the only super that canceling would work for is more than working even without it since Cody gives you a hefty piece of timing with his Criminal Upper, and even then it's not even that worth it (I REALLY need to check how does Last Dread Dust work at juggle).
Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:05:42 am by Trololo

DW

#27  February 28, 2020, 03:13:08 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Let's just say, I had a real motivation to make this Cody as good as possible, and I don't want that motivation to happen again.

Umm ok...? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want that type of motivation again, especially when it achieves these results. Disappointing to hear, because I had hopes before you even did this, that you would improve and update Adon. I saw you had the potential, it came full circle here with Cody.

-Not in this case, pal. You see, I've used "SFA3 Max" for PSP, and it has a concrete Training mode, with fight data in it and so on. So, I can assure you: aside from some basic maths (1 SFA3 Point * 7 to M.U.G.E.N. * 0.8 to P.o.T.S.) the damage I've used is legit.

That's cool and is also the version I'm using when comparing them. I didn't turn on the advanced data. I just assumed it would, as all his normals are more powerful when he has the knife equipped.  Weird that they did it like that, but hey, it is what it is.
#28  February 28, 2020, 03:31:27 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Let's just say, I had a real motivation to make this Cody as good as possible, and I don't want that motivation to happen again.

Umm ok...? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want that type of motivation again, especially when it achieves these results. Disappointing to hear, because I had hopes before you even did this, that you would improve and update Adon. I saw you had the potential, it came full circle here with Cody.

Because [Drama Start] I've started this Cody out of anger and spite.
I've got Motivated like that by Varo_Hades's Cody. I'm taking it kinda personal that the man, who's in MUGEN long before me and, basically, was there for me when I started out, the man I could call my first Non-Russian MUGEN Pal does his stuff THIS badly. Man, his Cody is UNHOLY! And to add an insult to injury, it was his OLDER project, started LONG before that COmmission Streak of his. I thought at least THAT should make him treat that Cody better than the rest, but no. That's the worst character of his so far.
That was my motivation: to, basically, call Varo out. To show, what we WERE SUPPOSED TO GET FROM HIM.
Sure, I've made a good character, and I WANT to make more like this, but I don't want to have a trigger like this anymore.
#29  February 28, 2020, 05:44:20 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You've engineered a problem for yourself that you don't need to have. You know you're capable of this sort of work, and you have actually put out a quality product. Nothing is stopping you from doing that again. Theres no requirement for you to be angry over bad characters to do it again. You just have to want to put in the work. I think its silly to say "Im showing what we want to get from this character" in this specific instance. I think you should do that for all your characters, no? You're showing us how you would want a character to play when you release something. You did a great job, and I hope to see more from you.
#30  February 28, 2020, 09:28:37 pm
    • UK

Another suggestion would be using a config for Voices, it would be easier to control where voices play since you have variables. Infinite does this and I am conformable with it.
WIP Schedule:
#31  February 28, 2020, 09:40:18 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

I enjoy a lot your version of Cody bro, specially the Level 3 Super.
Keep your heads up Trololo, you still doing great stuff man. :)

Probably i'll do a SFV voice patch for him.

DW

#32  February 29, 2020, 03:19:16 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Some more feedback for Codster:

-I sorta knew this was gonna be an issue. While it's not the biggest deal, I'm gonna mention it anyway cuz of OCD... Punch throws beginning bindings are odd, because he's not wearing handcuffs for the casual sff.

This throw has him wrap p2's neck in the chains of the cuffs, but as you can see in the pic above, he's just holding nothing for the first few frames. I can appreciate the option, but honestly I just would have went with the FF attire sff. There's really no way to compensate for this between sffs... I'll just adjust it myself, since I don't use the jail sff anyway. Just thought you should know

-Kick throw is animated wrong for p2:

They should not be facing towards the ground while descending into it. You have the frame inverted vertically.

-His turns intro is weird. He jumps in, sits down and tosses stones, like his normal intro? This just looks odd. You should just use his taunt. Or like, his winpose shrug animation.

-Criminal Upper does not only hit once on block in SFA3. Just tested it myself. As you have it now, it leaves Cody at a HUGE disadvantage on block. The Y vel for p2 for air guard isn't as much as you have it currently either. P2 goes up too high on air guard, which actually gives Cody an unfair advantage to hit p2 with air unblockable attacks as they float down from blocking C.Upper.

Also, still on C.Upper, it remains active even after Cody is hit during it. I'm pretty sure that's not a thing, but I will check SFA3.
#33  February 29, 2020, 03:38:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
 - he flips horizontally during the end of his punch throw; I assume there's a leftover Turn sctrl in there somewhere that shouldn't be activating at that time (or at all maybe).
 - people have mentioned Bad Stone not having a visual effect when it hits the ground (it already splits apart into 3 pieces when it hits so another effect on top of that seems superfluous IMO), but I don't think anyone has said anything about the sound effect that plays when it hits the floor, which seems to be the same sound in CvS2 used when an energy projectile does when it hits the ground. And that's just really off-putting for a small rock! SFA3 doesn't have a sound for this either, but I think it should have something... I just don't have any suggestions for what should be used instead.
 - everything else I noticed was already mentioned

-His Criminal Upper special causes too much chip damage imo. Shouldn't be 7 chip per hit on multi hitting moves like this.
SFA3 handles this in an interesting way (probably no other way to do it, since chip does the absolute bare minimum of 1 damage out of the total 144 default lifepoints), and it might be the best way to implement it here: though Criminal Upper will deliver the same amount of hits when blocked as it does when it hits, only 2 of those hits actually do chip damage. I guess it just seems more sensible than having everything do less than 7 damage to me (cuz Capcom games always have 7 as the minimum amount of damage that can be done). Interestingly, it does do guard meter damage for all the hits!

DW

#34  February 29, 2020, 03:48:10 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
- people have mentioned Bad Stone not having a visual effect when it hits the ground (it already splits apart into 3 pieces when it hits so another effect on top of that seems superfluous IMO), but I don't think anyone has said anything about the sound effect that plays when it hits the floor, which seems to be the same sound in CvS2 used when an energy projectile does when it hits the ground. And that's just really off-putting for a small rock! SFA3 doesn't have a sound for this either, but I think it should have something... I just don't have any suggestions for what should be used instead.

I did mention it. In my initial feedback post. :P But that's what I suggested... :(

SFA3 handles this in an interesting way (probably no other way to do it, since chip does the absolute bare minimum of 1 damage out of the total 144 default lifepoints), and it might be the best way to implement it here: though Criminal Upper will deliver the same amount of hits when blocked as it does when it hits, only 2 of those hits actually do chip damage. I guess it just seems more sensible than having everything do less than 7 damage to me (cuz Capcom games always have 7 as the minimum amount of damage that can be done). Interestingly, it does do guard meter damage for all the hits!

Meh... I was abusing this imo, getting like close to confirmed Medium normals damage on block C.Upper. I guess, I don't have a huge problem with it. Though it feels a bit much. IDK if he could do something like, split hitdefs to determine between whether it hits or is guarded... But nah... You're right, that's too much off a hassle honestly.
#35  February 29, 2020, 04:39:52 am
Didn't cody have a running animation in a intro or something ? where he runs away from a cop ? I guess its an end pose.
I remember his eyes were all weird on that one though.

For the jail sprite set this is somewhat usable for the normal one it will make no sense. If this is touched up it can be good.

Also why not add the dust trails to the kicks ?
#36  February 29, 2020, 04:54:00 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Umezono, thanks. I know that whole story sounds stupid pretty much the reason I didn't tell it right away. Also, I guess, there was a small misunderstanding of my words. I didn't say "I don't want to try like that UNTIL I'm angry". I said, "I don't want to try like that BECAUSE I'm angry". I sure wish the next stuff, whatever that may be, will be made without THIS kind of motivation.

Raging Rowen, nah. Sorry, but "different files" is just how I like it. xD

Nice video, Gui. Thanks.

PeXXeR, I'm NOT using that run as a normal one. That's just too ridiculous for that.
And about Skid: I already use skid dust. Just the different one.

-I sorta knew this was gonna be an issue. While it's not the biggest deal, I'm gonna mention it anyway cuz of OCD... Punch throws beginning bindings are odd, because he's not wearing handcuffs for the casual sff.
This throw has him wrap p2's neck in the chains of the cuffs, but as you can see in the pic above, he's just holding nothing for the first few frames. I can appreciate the option, but honestly I just would have went with the FF attire sff. There's really no way to compensate for this between sffs... I'll just adjust it myself, since I don't use the jail sff anyway. Just thought you should know
Well, it's still better like that than if I'd do the opposite thing and offset the position of the enemy closer to Cody.

-Kick throw is animated wrong for p2:
They should not be facing towards the ground while descending into it. You have the frame inverted vertically.

-His turns intro is weird. He jumps in, sits down and tosses stones, like his normal intro? This just looks odd. You should just use his taunt. Or like, his winpose shrug animation.
Crap. That feel when you actually make the Intro but forget to link it to Turns Intro. xD

-Criminal Upper does not only hit once on block in SFA3. Just tested it myself. As you have it now, it leaves Cody at a HUGE disadvantage on block. The Y vel for p2 for air guard isn't as much as you have it currently either. P2 goes up too high on air guard, which actually gives Cody an unfair advantage to hit p2 with air unblockable attacks as they float down from blocking C.Upper.
I see. Yeah, I didn't take care of Guard.HitVels C.Upper was supposed to create. Messed with Vels + with Guard Times to make this move safe.

Also, still on C.Upper, it remains active even after Cody is hit during it. I'm pretty sure that's not a thing, but I will check SFA3.
Got it. Fixed it.

- he flips horizontally during the end of his punch throw; I assume there's a leftover Turn sctrl in there somewhere that shouldn't be activating at that time (or at all maybe).
That's no Flip. Believe it or not, but THIS is how this throw ACTUALLY supposed to behave. Check the animation.

I know. But, I guess, I've found a (kinda) good sound to change it with... Though I'm open for suggestions about the sound if anyone has them.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:59:50 am by Trololo
#37  February 29, 2020, 05:14:28 am
It does not look all that bad to me tbh. Current one looks like Guile.
I am not saying that you should use it or anything, It was me remembering that cody had one, again it can be a good base for a new version though.

Looking at it though, yeah its a tad bit goofy as the end pose was played for laughs.

DW

#38  February 29, 2020, 05:17:53 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

Bruh... I like how you gave no explanation and showed that pic like it just proves a point... Lol, if anything, it proves my point. Cody isn't inverted in that pic, he's on his side. That's just how his sprite looks. I'm LITERALLY doing the throw as I type this. I've done it on Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Fei-Long... Not about to do it on the whole cast man. Look for yourself. On more than just Cody. Which he isn't inverted either.
#39  February 29, 2020, 05:42:13 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Damn, is see it now. xD
But I still have to work around how it actually is supposed to be, since, as far as I can see, it won't work properly with everyone like that.
===========[Edit]=============
Well, I guess I've found a compromise. One again AngleSet prevails.
Sure, it's not real HOTG sprites, but can't play with them, as I said. Plus, now Cody himself won't be on his side or belly.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:53:06 am by Trololo
#40  February 29, 2020, 06:02:43 am
    • USA
I did mention it. In my initial feedback post. :P But that's what I suggested... :(
SFX is not necessarily sound FX! It could be special FX!!! >:[

Meh... I was abusing this imo, getting like close to confirmed Medium normals damage on block C.Upper. I guess, I don't have a huge problem with it. Though it feels a bit much. IDK if he could do something like, split hitdefs to determine between whether it hits or is guarded... But nah... You're right, that's too much off a hassle honestly.
It's probably best to just follow Capcom's example; having all 5 hits do chip damage so rapidly just doesn't feel right.

PeXXeR, I'm NOT using that run as a normal one. That's just too ridiculous for that.
Plenty of CvS2 characters have wacky run animations. Especially the Alpha characters!

That's no Flip. Believe it or not, but THIS is how this throw ACTUALLY supposed to behave. Check the animation.
I did:

He suddenly turns around once P2 goes flying off, which very much does not happen in SFA3.

DW

#41  February 29, 2020, 06:07:03 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Why wouldn't it work with just normal required sprites? I mean, this throw animates similar for p2 like how I did Strider's air throw. Along with Morrigan's Sexual Embrace air throw. I didn't use any AngleDraw stuffz. But hey, w/e works, works I suppose. I feel like you made it more complicated than it needed to be lol.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:12:26 am by DW
#42  February 29, 2020, 06:08:39 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia

He suddenly turns around once P2 goes flying off, which very much does not happen in SFA3.

May I ask, what version are you using?
[Edit]: I see. In Arcade version he indeed doesn't turn. But in MAX for PSP, as you can see, he does.

Why wouldn't it work with just normal required sprites? I mean, this throw animates similar for p2 like how I did Stirder's air throw. Along with Morrigan's Sexual Embrace air throw. I didn't use any AngleDraw stuffz. But hey, w/e works, works I suppose. I feel like you made it more complicated than it needed to be lol.
No, I'm serious. It seems not only KFM doesn't use OTG sprites in the group I used, but also I didn't find those at all in some chars since, well, CvS chars use, AFAIK, hit the ground sprites for that. So, yeah, the best option here is to go with rotated 5011.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:15:45 am by Trololo
#43  February 29, 2020, 06:16:55 am
    • USA
May I ask, what version are you using?
[Edit]: I see. In Arcade version he indeed doesn't turn. But in MAX for PSP, as you can see, he does.
Vanilla. Seems to have been a weird error introduced with Upper, cuz the Dreamcast version also has him turn. It looks so weird!

DW

#44  February 29, 2020, 06:17:49 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hmm IDK... I used 5031, 30 for Strider and 5041, 20 for Morrigan. Maybe try one of those out? For when he's falling with p2.
#45  February 29, 2020, 06:29:11 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Vanilla. Seems to have been a weird error introduced with Upper, cuz the Dreamcast version also has him turn. It looks so weird!
No, that's not a mistake. If you'll look at that throw frame by frame (for example, at some video), you'll notice, that last frames are from turning animation, meaning that it's an intended change.

Hmm IDK... I used 5031, 30 for Strider and 5041, 20 for Morrigan. Maybe try one of those out? For when he's falling with p2.
Good suggestion. I guess I'm not in the mood to think today... xD
P.S.: just a funnie.
#46  February 29, 2020, 08:46:38 am
    • USA
No, that's not a mistake. If you'll look at that throw frame by frame (for example, at some video), you'll notice, that last frames are from turning animation, meaning that it's an intended change.
This does not appear to the case, at least in the DC version:

2nd to last frame

last frame

stance

2nd to last frame

last frame

stance

All of these match up exactly with one another; they don't look like the turn sprites either. Cody just reverses directions twice relatively quickly in Upper and beyond, and that does not seem at all to be an intentional choice.
#47  February 29, 2020, 09:10:25 am
    • USA
Didn't cody have a running animation in a intro or something ? where he runs away from a cop ? I guess its an end pose.
I remember his eyes were all weird on that one though.

For the jail sprite set this is somewhat usable for the normal one it will make no sense. If this is touched up it can be good.
Oh yeah, that just reminded me of something. Speaking about that animation when it played during one of the win poses, I realized there's no dust effect on the startup of the run and step sounds during the running animation. Since it's a PotS style character, it feels off putting without it. I don't Eddie needs step sounds as it looks like he's walking fast. Mostly a minor aesthetic, but thought I mention that if you plan to update him again.

DW

#48  February 29, 2020, 05:04:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm gonna side with JMM with the odd throw turn thing. I didn't say anything because it does in fact handle that way in SFA3 Max, and that's the only one I have access to. Though seeing it in vanilla, it does look like someone made a programming error for it, but just ran with it. Overall, it doesn't effect anything, but it does look odd.

MCX

#49  February 29, 2020, 07:29:32 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I really liked this Cody, here are some suggestions or nitpicks

-The walking forward animation, could lose the 6th frame, that frame has some awkward transition that  won't look smooth like the rest of those sprites
-He is missing his intro against maki
-He is missing his basic combo from Final Fight, I don't know if this was intentional, but H' Cody has it, It would be nice to have it

You did a really great Job, my favorite from you, congratulations buddy
#50  March 01, 2020, 04:55:53 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I dunno, pals. I actually like him turning around like that. But I have to agree, it does feel like it lacks a transition frame.

Oh yeah, that just reminded me of something. Speaking about that animation when it played during one of the win poses, I realized there's no dust effect on the startup of the run and step sounds during the running animation. Since it's a PotS style character, it feels off putting without it. I don't Eddie needs step sounds as it looks like he's walking fast. Mostly a minor aesthetic, but thought I mention that if you plan to update him again.
Heh. That's actually a good idea. Applied that.

-The walking forward animation, could lose the 6th frame, that frame has some awkward transition that  won't look smooth like the rest of those sprites
No, it couldn't. Because it will affect the animation with Jail Suit on. I tried to dampen the effect it has, but yeah, don't expect that to look good.

...maybe later?

-He is missing his basic combo from Final Fight, I don't know if this was intentional, but H' Cody has it, It would be nice to have it
I dunno, pal. Nor SFA3 (in NORMAL conditions, we don't count X-Ism Final Destruction), nor SF4 Cody has it. So, I doubt I'll have it.
And no, having Guy's combo in P.o.T.S.' version isn't an argument, since Guy REALLY has that combo in SFA3. I just checked that.
Besides, that combo is referenced in Last Dread Dust, isn't that enough? xD

MCX

#51  March 01, 2020, 04:29:59 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
#52  March 01, 2020, 04:34:52 pm
#53  March 01, 2020, 05:42:15 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile

...maybe later?

Since Knuckles launched his Maki, would be awesome to have that, maybe in the next update?
I really loved that Cody, I will try to improve his casual suit walking animation sprites.

what intro are you referring to ? I don't remember Cody and Maki having an intro ?

I think this one :/
https://youtu.be/m9ks-ECp074?t=120
Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:30:22 pm by IsRageNeko

MCX

#54  March 01, 2020, 06:14:40 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
what intro are you referring to ? I don't remember Cody and Maki having an intro ?

They didn't have it, but it was something that H' created for his Maki and Cody

DW

#55  March 01, 2020, 06:22:37 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Just for FYI; That's a custom intro that H" specifically made between his chars.
#56  March 01, 2020, 07:29:31 pm
The way you worded yourself  I assumed its an official intro which made me scratch my head.
Its a cool intro though, dunno if I would have added it being its someone else's own idea for their own chars.
Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:33:54 pm by PeXXeR
#57  March 01, 2020, 11:57:20 pm
    • UK

While this is going on, Adon getting updated?
I remember hearing hints towards you updating him again.

Just for FYI; That's a custom intro that H" specifically made between his chars.

Well it wouldn't hurt to include something like it, seeing they're Final Fight heros after all.
WIP Schedule:
#58  March 02, 2020, 12:02:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
While this is going on, Adon getting updated?
I remember hearing hints towards you updating him again.

Well it wouldn't hurt to include something like it, seeing they're Final Fight heros after all.
This is the last time I am going to tell you RagingRowen. You do this everytime. Do not request/inquire about unrelated characters in release threads. I am going to revoke your posting privileges next time it happens.

DW

#59  March 02, 2020, 01:04:33 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nothing would "hurt" anything. Though I'm in the ball park of this:

Its a cool intro though, dunno if I would have added it being its someone else's own idea for their own chars.

I'm more in favor of people having their own unique ideas for them. It's what shows a author's own unique innovation, imagination, and collaboration with other authors. Though by all means, do w/e you feel.
#60  March 02, 2020, 03:04:31 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I am absolutely loving Cody. Definitely gonna keep him around in my MUGEN. I only really have two pieces of proper feedback and three suggestions for him.

- Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
- Final Destruction should have heavy punch sounds on the initial hit and every punch after the jab infinite.

Suggestions:
- On the topic of extra intros for Cody, any chance you could add his OG intro from the PSX port of Alpha 3? It's just the start-up for Bad Stone where he tosses them up in the air, I believe twice.
- I think it'd be neat/funny when if you KO with Last Dread Dust, the opponent stayed stuck in the wall. I know that's not how it was in SFIV, but it'd be a cute little touch imo.
- The jab infinite part of Final Destruction not having envshake, but like with the feedback I mentioned, I think the initial hit and every hit after the jab infinite should.

I really think this is a very solid Cody from what I've played with him. Great job, Trololo.

Edit: Some more things I actually just noticed:

- EX Ruffian Kick and Bad Spray don't have envshake.
- If you whiff his air grab, the animation and sound will keep playing until he touches the ground again.
- The midair kicks during MAX Dead End Irony lack envshake. Nix this, actually. Weirdly enough, it only lacked the envshake onnthe particular stages I had done the move on at first, but it's fine everywhere else.
- EX Bad Stone uses the projectile sound instead of the heavy punch sound.
- Final Destruction can KO before the final punch.
Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:31:04 am by Project.13
#61  March 02, 2020, 08:11:05 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
-Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
You've got the point here. I've implemented that.

- Final Destruction should have heavy punch sounds on the initial hit and every punch after the jab infinite.
Well, have to admit, though, I like it like that much more. I guess, no one is going to object against little Mix-Up of Sounds for medium punches to sound like medium ones, right?

- On the topic of extra intros for Cody, any chance you could add his OG intro from the PSX port of Alpha 3? It's just the start-up for Bad Stone where he tosses them up in the air, I believe twice.
I'll check it later. If I'll like that intro, then maybe. But I kinda doubt I will.

- I think it'd be neat/funny when if you KO with Last Dread Dust, the opponent stayed stuck in the wall. I know that's not how it was in SFIV, but it'd be a cute little touch imo.
Well, while that WOULD be funny, I'm not really profound in K.O. and After-K.O. states. So, I can't really implement that yet.

- The jab infinite part of Final Destruction not having envshake, but like with the feedback I mentioned, I think the initial hit and every hit after the jab infinite should.
Already said that: I think it actually IS better like that. Trust me, the screen will be shaking TOO MUCH the way you suggest.

- EX Ruffian Kick and Bad Spray don't have envshake.
Now that requires a fix.

- If you whiff his air grab, the animation and sound will keep playing until he touches the ground again.
Another actually pretty serious problem. Hell, how did I miss that?

- EX Bad Stone uses the projectile sound instead of the heavy punch sound.
Fixed that. But I don't like how does it sound...

- Final Destruction can KO before the final punch.
I know that. And I know that's an inconsistency. But call that a Safeguard Measure. We're talking about MUGEN here, and sometimes Simul Battles might happen. It will be such a waste to have a Super Move that can be broken by some hit from the other party and getting his partner off the hook like that.
I'll definitely need to check how does this super works in Dramatic Battle...
At any rate, thanks for the feedback. Link if updated, once again.
#62  March 02, 2020, 08:32:57 am
    • UK

Nothing would "hurt" anything. Though I'm in the ball park of this:

I'm more in favor of people having their own unique ideas for them. It's what shows a author's own unique innovation, imagination, and collaboration with other authors. Though by all means, do w/e you feel.

Yeah in case you haven't noticed already, I'm a very "Why not add this?" guy.
WIP Schedule:
#63  March 02, 2020, 08:35:57 am
  • Was it something I said?
I have that intro from Cody's H' set on my Maki, because I liked it, if that's anything to contribute.
#64  March 02, 2020, 10:46:11 am
    • USA
For some reason after testing the update, I feel like the EX Criminal Upper is bugged. It no longer does 7 hits and is weaker than a normal one. This should no way be intentional as it only does a single hit and a waste of meter if the normal Criminal Upper does more. It was fine in the previous version, why was this changed?
#65  March 02, 2020, 11:39:56 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Crap. A small mistake I've made while implementing Hurricane's Disappearance with getting hit.
And Knux, if that's the case, then sure, I'll add the Intro tomorrow. Can you reupload Maki with intro linked to my version too?
#66  March 03, 2020, 04:06:14 am
    • USA
-Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
You've got the point here. I've implemented that.
Important to note that SFA3 has a much looser juggle system than most other Street Fighter games (for example, Ken can juggle with a standing normal after an extremely meaty LP Shoryuken, which just seems nuts to me), and certainly looser compared to say, CvS2.
#67  March 03, 2020, 08:27:59 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
OK, I hope this will be the last reupload for a while...
Added intro against Knuckles8864's Maki. Now it's up to you to update your Maki to have an intro against my version of Cody, OK?
And JMM, I understand your concern. But I prefer to leave that extra juggle be. I think it will be enough to make sure that the damage of Normals in this condition will be dampened, making it less worthy to use.
P.S.: how can I @ at someone here? I'd like to get Knux pinged.
#68  March 03, 2020, 09:17:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
#69  March 03, 2020, 09:32:33 am
    • USA
P.S.: how can I @ at someone here? I'd like to get Knux pinged.

Not sure if this is the correct method, but this is how I do it.

@<insertusernamehere>: <---just like that
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#70  March 03, 2020, 10:54:04 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
The main word there was "HOPE", RagingRowen. Of course, if y'all find anything else to fix I'll rin to fix it. I just hope that's actually all for this version.
And thanks, both Knux and CozySquirtle. The intro works just fine and I'll test the ping later.
#71  March 03, 2020, 06:22:19 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Indeed, sorry to interrupt.
Nope, that's not gonna cut it. Pretty brazen of you, tbh. Have a 3 day timeout.

In the future, just PM people instead of derailing threads since you cannot help yourself.
#72  March 28, 2020, 03:14:39 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Feedback!!

M. Bison / Balrog - Didn’t really test him out. Really like his new move. I was thinking the level 2 version should make the opponent bounce from the wall or stun the opponent for a few seconds.

Cody - This version of Cody is EPIC! Just gotta fix a few things.

*A few Sprites. If no one is interested... I'll do it

*His dodge animation should be for parry. It should be like Varo_Hades version of Cody's dodge animation.

*The EX version of Ruffian kick...

LK. Idk... probably kick or stump the opponent while laying down

MK. Make the opponent bounce from the wall :mlol:

SK. Make the opponent go a little higher

Or extra range and damage

Both characters are great btw. You did a great job for lazy person. I don't think you're lazy though, you probably take long breaks like I do. Welcome back, dude!

May I PM you about SFA version of Ryu and Ken?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:37:18 am by Godlike Emerie
#73  March 28, 2020, 06:18:08 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
On the note of feedback, something that slipped my mind about Cody before: In Turns/Survival Mode, Cody can start moving and attacking before the round officially starts.
#74  March 28, 2020, 06:20:44 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Thanks for the message.
-About dodge: believe it or not, but Cody in SFA3 has 4 ANIMATIONS for dodge: 2 standing, 2 crouching. The one I used it a legit alternative to that mainstream version everyone else used, and I like it far more than that, it just looks cooler and actually unique since not EVERY character dodges attack TO the side of the screen, not FROM it.
-Also, I have to refuse the change of EX Ruffian Kick. As I already explained, the way it is in my character is the closest to the SSF4 version, and it has NO differentiation between versions, let alone Wall Bouncing. While I understand you all think it's a worthless EX, that's how it is. And the only change I would consider agreeing for right now is for SFV version, where the same LK-Like Ruffian connects into a second Kick.
-Sure thing, you can PM me.
-And about sprites: this Cody it, pretty much, complete. While I WOULD like to have some good SF4 Zonk Knuckle and REAL Last Dread Dust sprites for both SFFs, Cosy is already functional without them. If you're REALLY up to making the sprites though, I remind you: 2 SFFs. I don't need ANY of these moves for Jail Suit or Casual Suit only.
P.S.: about Boxer: if you're referring to Ultimate Screw Smash, then I'll have to disappoint you: the move isn't custom. It WAS in the games, and THAT'S exactly how it functions, with the only difference being visuals and, well, readaptation from f*cking Upwars Charge Super move to a simple Double Quarter Forward Super move.
;=====================[Edit]=======================
Thanks, Project.13. Uploaded fixed version already.
Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:30:09 am by Trololo
#75  March 31, 2020, 02:58:30 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
M.Bison / Balrog - Ohh... I never seen him do that before. Cool!

Cody - Alright. It's gonna take a long time. I have few questions...

01. Are we gonna be able to juggle with Zonk Knuckle?

02. Do you want me to add the ranch and pipe for Last Dread Dust? If so, want them to be CS'd?

03. Why you call yourself Lazy?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#76  March 31, 2020, 03:16:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#77  March 31, 2020, 03:34:12 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
-Well, if he does that in SF4, the "motherland" of this move, then yeah, juggles are in.
-Pal, you're a volunteer here. If you want to make sprites for proper Last Dread Dust, then yeah, I'll be glad to accept them, even not CSed. Just make sure for it to more or less follow the original's motions (yeah, I don't like how was handled wrench smacking in Infinite's SvK version) and that we need them for BOTH SFFs.
-As Speedpreacher said, that's not for this thread.
#78  April 06, 2020, 04:45:44 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I'm sorry for Double-Posting but gotta bump the thread.
Some serious bugs were found in Cody. Redownload the fixed version.
#79  April 13, 2020, 01:23:14 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Balrog error -Round doesn't end immediately when he's chip KO'ed.
#80  April 15, 2020, 08:20:38 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Fixed the problem with his Cheap K.O. and uploaded.