YesNoOk

Can put a reverse helper? (Read 10727 times)

Started by TheDragon, November 11, 2022, 12:47:17 am
Share this topic:
Can put a reverse helper?
#1  November 11, 2022, 12:47:17 am
Let me explain, I'm editing a Polnareff and it has a special where it summons Silver Chariot and it's placed on the edge of the screen on the side of P1, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it come out the other side when I summon it. (that is, behind the p2 or p4) and is recast against the opponent in the same way that it would be normal, that is, that it is the same helper but that it is activated in the opposite way, or in a mirror. Does anyone know if it can?

Maybe it's an AngleDraw? Can you put from a trigger to activate it? Anyone knows?
Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:36:11 pm by TheDragon
Re: Can put a reverse helper?
#2  November 11, 2022, 01:16:49 am
    • Dominica
i can teach you by discord but it will cost 30 dollars
#3  November 11, 2022, 05:24:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
It appears someone was under the impression it was a test and not a warning

Shame, that

3 months because you know what you're doing and preemptively any alt you make is gonna double it

Don't worry, I'll ban cesarsombra too
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  November 11, 2022, 08:53:05 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
*Ignoring the first two replies*

You'd need to fumble around with the postype values. I'd assume the original code would have postype dedicated to the sides of the screen. Change it so that it requires another trigger that checks what player # it needs. Ifelse could come handy.
#5  November 11, 2022, 06:20:30 pm
*Ignoring the first two replies*

You'd need to fumble around with the postype values. I'd assume the original code would have postype dedicated to the sides of the screen. Change it so that it requires another trigger that checks what player # it needs. Ifelse could come handy.

Alright, so if it's FrontEdgeDist should I change it to BackEdgeDist? Or if a value is negative in postype should I make it positive?
#6  November 12, 2022, 03:28:04 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Nope, he refers to Helper sctrl itself. There's a line called postype which is where your helper will appear. In the case you mentioned, originally the heper appears behind the character, that's mean "back", and what you want to do is to make him appear "front" the character.

Here's an example. this is the Helper sctrl I use for one of my Scott Pilgrim's helpers appearing in front of my char and behind the opponent:
Code:
[State 1101, Wallace]
type = Helper
trigger1 = animelem = 6
persistent = 0
name = "Wallace"
id = 1200
pos = 50, 0
postype = front
stateno = 1251
helpertype = normal
sprpriority = 9999
ownpal = 1
keyctrl = 0
facing = -1
So, in your Helper sctrl you've to get postype = front to get the efect you desire (if it's not added, you've to add it by yourself)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  November 12, 2022, 06:14:58 pm
Nope, he refers to Helper sctrl itself. There's a line called postype which is where your helper will appear. In the case you mentioned, originally the heper appears behind the character, that's mean "back", and what you want to do is to make him appear "front" the character.

Here's an example. this is the Helper sctrl I use for one of my Scott Pilgrim's helpers appearing in front of my char and behind the opponent:
Code:
[State 1101, Wallace]
type = Helper
trigger1 = animelem = 6
persistent = 0
name = "Wallace"
id = 1200
pos = 50, 0
postype = front
stateno = 1251
helpertype = normal
sprpriority = 9999
ownpal = 1
keyctrl = 0
facing = -1
So, in your Helper sctrl you've to get postype = front to get the efect you desire (if it's not added, you've to add it by yourself)

I have tried as you have told me, thank you, but what I want is that it is like in mirror, because the normal helper leaves P1, seeing P2 and is placed in the corner of the side of P1, but what I want is to leave the same P1 seeing it, but be placed on the side of P2 and then attack it,  Do you understand me?
#8  November 13, 2022, 01:10:28 am
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  November 14, 2022, 05:40:19 am
Well, there's another line you should see:
Code:
facing = -1
If you want the helper also see the same side your char see, then change -1 for 1 and the helper will face the same as the player ;)

Thank you, I tried, but still I do not see any change, that is, I put the facing that you told me and the postype but it still does not go as I want.

I have a video as I would like it to be

Is this what doing facing? If yes, it will be because I must modify inside the helper? Or is it always from the sctrl?

If you know the answer of how I can make it come out as in the video I would appreciate it very much, and thanks for the help :)
#10  November 15, 2022, 01:07:19 am
    • Chile
That is another thing. The Helper sctrl is to make the helper (in this case, the Stand) appear in front of the player and facing the same side than him. To make that effect of going to the corner and make the attack, that's part of the helper state itself, you've to use another ones like VelSet (to go into the corner) and then make a ChangeState when the helper is on the corner.

Take a look to Adon's Jaguar Kick, which make something like that attack, but he goes backwards in his back corner and then performs that kind of attack. I made a similar attack with my Envy Adams, so in your case, you've to change the vel X to go forward instead back

#11  November 15, 2022, 03:14:00 am
Okay, I understand, it is worth mentioning that I already have the state of the one that is normal, that is, the first one that appears in the video, so if this normal state has the VelSet with positive values, I change them to negative? Or I'm wrong. And with FrontEdgeDist would you change them to BackEdgeDist? Or of those nothing is modified?
#12  November 15, 2022, 03:20:57 am
I'm going to check your Envy Adams for reference, thanks
#13  November 15, 2022, 04:25:07 pm
mmm...

after watch your video.
you question is not on the right spot.

the summon point is same.
the attack is same.
the different is the middle point, and travel direction

you just need to change you travel direction in helper.
and detect if frontedgebodydist < 0 or not.
change to attack animation, and use turn s-contrl

#14  November 15, 2022, 10:36:47 pm
Thank you for your help, I already managed to solve it, thank you!