YesNoOk

Electronic Arts has just been hacked! (Read 28400 times)

Started by Genosan742, June 12, 2021, 12:52:52 am
Share this topic:
Electronic Arts has just been hacked!
#1  June 12, 2021, 12:52:52 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Re: Electronic Arts has just been hacked!
#2  June 12, 2021, 12:58:38 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Couldn't have happened to a nicer company.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#3  June 12, 2021, 02:03:50 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
yeah, i don't care if they got hacked, they had every chance to be much more tolerable. but pay-to-win or some shit like that makes them unredeemable.
#4  June 12, 2021, 02:06:59 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#5  June 12, 2021, 02:20:51 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
EA gets hacked? Good.

Don't think...obey
#6  June 12, 2021, 06:38:01 am
    • Brazil
Good, fuck them.
#7  June 13, 2021, 05:50:57 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
NO! I don't care how bad a company they are, nobody deserves this.
#8  June 13, 2021, 06:01:48 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Stealing the source code of FIFA 21 specifically seems like someone out on their moral soapbox out to prove EA's laziness at how they've been selling the same exact game for the past 5 years or so, but that's just pure me being speculative.  Fans of an degree beyond the most casual of video game users have been pretty harsh on EA's business practice and....I've no real connection to the series, haven't played a sports game since I guess NFL 98 on the N64, but I'm kinda inclined to agree when videos come up where in-game they can't be bothered to even update the year's numbers on central to gameplay locations to the latest year.

Normally I'd say even taking this stance against a company as rotten as EA still hurts the people just doing their job caught in the crossfire, but when it seems those jobs aren't even being done.....ehhh.....
#9  June 13, 2021, 07:26:32 pm
    • Brazil
NO! I don't care how bad a company they are, nobody deserves this.
Yes, they do.

Normally I'd say even taking this stance against a company as rotten as EA still hurts the people just doing their job caught in the crossfire, but when it seems those jobs aren't even being done.....ehhh.....
Even if they were doing their job, they were probably already paid anyway. Besides, its not like EA needs this as an excuse to be lazy and/or abusive, with this happening or not, the company always finds a way to screw over their workers.
#10  June 13, 2021, 09:21:21 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
These hackers stealing the source code for FIFA 21 isn't that big of a deal.. but these guys stealing the code and tools for the Frostbite Engine IS a big deal since a large chunk of their games are made with that engine. I wonder how far this hack puts the projects they have out there behind?
#11  June 15, 2021, 02:47:27 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
And how this is supposed to have my sympathy?

EA killed my sympathy for them when they did all of their Pay-to-play BS back in the day.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#12  June 15, 2021, 03:07:04 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
the worst company in the gaming industry due to microtransactions and DLC they killed so many games of their franchises so sorry for them
Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 03:18:36 pm by yaret
#13  June 15, 2021, 03:28:07 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
#14  June 18, 2021, 07:34:11 pm
Stealing the source code of FIFA 21 specifically seems like someone out on their moral soapbox out to prove EA's laziness at how they've been selling the same exact game for the past 5 years or so, but that's just pure me being speculative.
no... project red had two of its games source code stolen by hackers, capcom too. source code is just very valuable to a company and hackers exploit that to blackmail them into paying for not leaking it.
also lol at thinking ransomware makers have any sort of morals.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#15  June 19, 2021, 01:23:58 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh?  I'm confused what angle you're coming from.  Yeah, of course source codes are valuable, duh.  I'm sure the dude who went through the trouble has plans for his ill-gotten gains beyond "Hah, take that EA".  I'm just also in the camp that would assume it's not entirely unlikely this dude wasn't also fed up with EA's non-existent efforts put into their "games" that this code probably is just 90% the same thing copy and pasted per year without even fully updating to the new year.  There's a lot you could steal of value from EA, the sport title that's been scrutinized over the company's poor business practices even selling the same game with a new box art just leaves me suspect of the guy's ulterior intentions is all.

Favoring the lesser of two evils doesn't make it not an evil.  And again, just speculative.  Maybe the weirdo is just doing it to see if he can.
#16  July 15, 2021, 08:10:56 pm
    • Brazil

Well... fuck them.
#17  July 15, 2021, 10:30:37 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Yeah, fuck EA. They really REALLY deserved to get hacked, I don't care what anyone else says.

Don't think...obey
#18  July 17, 2021, 01:58:10 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
DID NONE OF YOU EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT YONG YEA WAS SAYING, OR ARE YOU ALL BLING BY YOUR COMPLETE HARED OF ELECTRONIC ARTS THAT YOU'RE CHEERING ON A HACKER THAT CAN AND WILL GO AFTER COMPANIES OF GOOD REPUTATION?! ARGH!! >:(
'1
#19  July 17, 2021, 09:23:49 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Oh no!
Anyway
EA deserve it, the hackers should take them down...
And no we don't have any empathy with EA. Hackers should go after companies like EA everyday.
#20  July 19, 2021, 02:15:43 am
    • Brazil
DID NONE OF YOU EVEN LISTEN TO WHAT YONG YEA WAS SAYING, OR ARE YOU ALL BLING BY YOUR COMPLETE HARED OF ELECTRONIC ARTS THAT YOU'RE CHEERING ON A HACKER THAT CAN AND WILL GO AFTER COMPANIES OF GOOD REPUTATION?! ARGH!! >:(
'1
Awwww, I'm sure the big corporation cares a lot about you and will reward you defending them by publishing more mediocre games with gambling to exploit people with addictions and children.