YesNoOk

Madrid bullfight is cancelled after three matadors are thrashed (Read 5487 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, May 23, 2014, 03:49:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Madrid bullfight is cancelled after three matadors are thrashed
#21  May 23, 2014, 06:49:52 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
But as some say, and i agree, this species of bulls would be extinguised if people would not raise them for Bullfighting.
Nobody except maybe some Animal protectors would take the risk of protecting and caring this animal with no future profits in mind.

Wrong. The are plenty of animals that have no future profit to humans.
#22  May 23, 2014, 06:50:49 pm
Such as ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#23  May 23, 2014, 06:52:24 pm
i would wager most endangered species offer no real benefits to humans
#24  May 23, 2014, 06:54:20 pm
And I assume that when they're protected, it's by "animal protectors", right ?
(not that it makes a lot of sense to say "only animal protectors protect animals" but it's not exactly wrong)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#25  May 23, 2014, 06:54:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
In bullfighting the animals end up injured ( except on the saltadores) but are then later on killed outside, in the same vein the rodeo animals are animals that are then processed for their meat ( except on specific situations like specific "celebrity" animals) .
Rodeos just have less focus on the swordfight traditional to latin countries.

All of those animals end up processed for the meat industry.

Death in the bullfighter arena is not common , it was banned quite a while ago, making it even closer to the rodeo thing.

i would wager most endangered species offer no real benefits to humans

those werent really protected until the eco environmentalists started bringing it up when they were already in risk of extinction.  Most people wouldnt really keep animals like those bulls alive since they arent as exotic and there are plenty of them right now.
#26  May 23, 2014, 06:57:29 pm
in the same vein the rodeo animals are animals that are then processed for their meat ( except on specific situations like specific "celebrity" animals)
That's a pretty big mental shortcut here. The rodeo has nothing to do with the animal being later killed, they're just not doing rodeos on animals they don't own, and if they own these animals, they're probably going to kill them at some point unless they specifically use it for breeding or something. But that has nothing to do with the sport of rodeo. Whereas the act of bullfighting itself is directly tied to the killing of the animal. Rodeo isn't.
#27  May 23, 2014, 07:14:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont know how rodeos work in specifics , but I know that after a bull run or a bull fight they put down the animals, the bull exhibition is the last step before the slaughter house. I assume that animals used in rodeos are used in a similar manner, and that they are not going back to the pens after.
#28  May 23, 2014, 07:39:52 pm
But it wouldn't be any different without the rodeo, so the rodeo is irrelevant to the fate of the animal. Bullfighting is specifically to "sacrifice" the bulls, and according to what was said earlier, the species would even be extinct if they weren't raised for bullfighting (as opposed to all the ones just raised to be eaten).

Mog

#29  May 23, 2014, 08:39:18 pm
Professional bucking bulls (rodeo) are treated better than most peoples pets.  They are worth a lot of money for breeding for years after they no longer compete.  Bulls aren't used for meat here, only for breeding.
#30  May 23, 2014, 09:07:23 pm
And I assume that when they're protected, it's by "animal protectors", right ?
(not that it makes a lot of sense to say "only animal protectors protect animals" but it's not exactly wrong)
i think i misunderstood something so disregard what i said on that subject

i suppose rodeo and how its animals are treated varies from country to country. bull death is a constant in bullfighting. the idea is that the bull must die, be it on the arena or off the arena.
#31  May 23, 2014, 09:51:16 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
They should cancel the whole thing for eternity IMO. Bullfighting is not a sport, it's downright animal cruelty. Yeah, I'm from Spain, and I believe this stupid sport, tradition or whatever they want to call it is something we don't need at all here. There's better ways to pass the time than seeing how a man starts stabbing a bull repeatedly until it bleeds to death.
#32  May 23, 2014, 10:54:13 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
The irony is that a practitioner of this "thing" is even called a "matador", which translates literally as "killer, assassin, slaughterer".
#33  May 23, 2014, 11:39:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
But it wouldn't be any different without the rodeo, so the rodeo is irrelevant to the fate of the animal. Bullfighting is specifically to "sacrifice" the bulls, and according to what was said earlier, the species would even be extinct if they weren't raised for bullfighting (as opposed to all the ones just raised to be eaten).
Cant really speak for spain, but here they supposedly treat those animals like kings before getting to the arena. 

I dont really like bullfighting tho, its just very common here so you end up knowing about those things.
#34  May 24, 2014, 03:50:15 am
The irony is that a practitioner of this "thing" is even called a "matador", which translates literally as "killer, assassin, slaughterer".

we call our butchers matador. i like bullfighting especially when the matador gets stomped repeatedly by the bull or sent flying like a ragdoll in the air.
#35  May 24, 2014, 04:02:06 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Not directly related to this topic but has anyone seen this video? This is absolutely brutal.  It's one thing for the matador to play Russian roulette with his own life but to throw other animals in the firing line is too much. This could be mexico as opposed to spain.
warning: Horse literally gets unzipped like a coat
Spoiler: Extremely graphic, gore (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:11:46 am by LM_MAVERIK
#36  May 24, 2014, 04:07:37 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Spoiler that with several warnings! Heck, it might be too much to post at all...
#37  May 24, 2014, 04:10:49 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
sorry I probably should have done that.

Mog

#38  May 24, 2014, 04:12:14 am
It makes a point though. Humans make the choice, that horse didn't
#39  May 24, 2014, 11:24:36 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Same issue with dog hunting and horseback hunting, the animals used in those situations as tools are always at risk.

Also I know it sounds like im defending bullfighting, Im not, its a realy stupid tradition that is pretty much useless when there are other rituals that dont involve randomly killing animals. I also think entertainment hunting is dumb.
#40  May 24, 2014, 08:09:37 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
it is  not about killing the animal/ bull, the idea of bull fight where the matador carry several lances and a sword to stab the bull is sadistic, a bull with several lances sticking on its back and a sword stabbed to its chest while the crowd cheers for the matador is sickening, what they do afterward with its meat to feed the poor etc, has nothing to do with it and won't justify it.

comparing it to hunting is totally wrong, people with a license to hunt animal is done so these animal's population is controlled, otherwise they become pest since they breed fast, like rabbits, and the hunter also want to kill the animal as quick as possible, not by torturing the animal little by little until it is eventually die.