YesNoOk

Auction alert (Read 176465 times)

Started by Sepp, August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#441  February 26, 2020, 08:41:50 pm
  • SNK is life
man... the animosity is strong. I do understand tho. still don't agree. its hard out here in these streets. and also in the mugen monetization block.
Yall be str8 banging on fools who disrespect the set by trying to come up. Str8 Gangsta and I can respect that.
The "Mugen Monetization Block" shouldn't even be a thing.

There ain't a large pool of newcomers coming up to learn to code mugen from scratch, or make quality or accurate creations. If there were those, I'd rather champion those than Compilators.
#442  February 26, 2020, 08:44:14 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Thank you for this.

All I saw was someone opening the door for mugen monetization. just like someone opened the door for tag mode ect. see what they did and using to make what you are doing better. AND if you think ppl are profiting on it is bad it must mean your always in the red cuz you make no money. but thats trying to turn your hobby into a business. if its just a hobby why get mad when someone wants to at least be in black for their efforts at 1 point. -That is the dream Walt... being in black for your effort
AceMillion didn't open the door for anything.

Repackaging other's peoples' shit is an old and worn out con people have been doing for almost two decades, you'd realize this if you actually bothered to read this thread. Ace didn't even invent the model of "taking donations" when he's just straight up selling access to the game.

Ace's sole achievement so far has been getting money from you, and the fact that you haven't even realized this even though people have tried to get this through your skull for two pages makes me question if you would be any good at hustlin'.
#443  February 26, 2020, 08:59:37 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
You know you can defend this trash all you want but you can't deny how fucked it is

first off... what program is that where you can show the keyboard?

second how old is that footage?

third does all that work against a real opponent?

and did you report these "bugs"?

1. NohBoard
2. The one that was shared everywhere lol, not that solving these problems would save this dumpster file of a compilation of hastfuly edited characters that can totally be accessed with one click.
3. An infinite is a fucking infinite, of course it would work on a real opponent. Hell the last video shows how you can do joe's launcher infinite from anywhere on the screen since your "game" has sadclaps mechanics lol.
4. Why the fuck should I report these bugs to a gutter trash compilation on facebook who can't read the fucking manual

Usage

Under this license, permission is granted to use the M.U.G.E.N
Environment free of charge for non-commercial purposes.

man... the animosity is strong. I do understand tho. still don't agree. its hard out here in these streets. and also in the mugen monetization block.
 Yall be str8 banging on fools who disrespect the set by trying to come up. Str8 Gangsta and I can respect that.

The only reason why the "mugen monetization block" even exists is because elecbyte doesn't really give a shit anymore, but when the did they sued a user for 10K who claimed the engine as his own and I'm sure if they came back they'd be more than happy to do it to your "games" ass considering your friend is profiteering over it. Street fighter prefect 2: the electric boogaloo Retroversus is the most Kusoge thing I've seen in mugen and that's saying a lot. Also quit playing this agreest narrative you've got here, it's not fooling anybody.
#444  February 26, 2020, 09:06:19 pm
  • Wowzers!

AceMillion didn't open the door for anything.

Repackaging other's peoples' shit is an old and worn out con people have been doing for almost two decades, you'd realize this if you actually bothered to read this thread. Ace didn't even invent the model of "taking donations" when he's just straight up selling access to the game.

Ace's sole achievement so far has been getting money from you, and the fact that you haven't even realized this even though people have tried to get this through your skull for two pages makes me question if you would be any good at hustlin'.

Ace's achievements, gaining a fan base away from the guild. finding supporters of his dream and efforts...

I'm a fan of Ace-Millions music more than his build...
I can't buy the album be it similar reasons of this thread... but do I care about how he got or used to tools to entertain me?
NO I just want more entertainment. so I support cuz I want more. and I don't think your looking at it as a consumer of the product. more like a critic thats in the know.

also why do you discourage adfly links? why not have 2 links one adlfy one regular free. and put if you want to support click the adfly if not here's the file.
#445  February 26, 2020, 09:13:28 pm
  • Wowzers!

The only reason why the "mugen monetization block" even exists is because elecbyte doesn't really give a shit anymore, but when the did they sued a user for 10K who claimed the engine as his own and I'm sure if they came back they'd be more than happy to do it to your "games" ass considering your friend is profiteering over it.

you talking like he's balling over this... bruh relax.

Street fighter prefect 2: the electric boogaloo Retroversus is the most Kusoge thing I've seen in mugen and that's saying a lot. Also quit playing this agreest narrative you've got here, it's not fooling anybody.
[/quote]

bruh. ive been here on and off got help from some of the OG's be it I never finished my build... but I'm only here for understanding and to support monetizing something someone abandoned... have you ever had a civil disagreement?
#446  February 26, 2020, 09:38:00 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

The only reason why the "mugen monetization block" even exists is because elecbyte doesn't really give a shit anymore, but when the did they sued a user for 10K who claimed the engine as his own and I'm sure if they came back they'd be more than happy to do it to your "games" ass considering your friend is profiteering over it.

you talking like he's balling over this... bruh relax.

He's still violating the license agreement no matter if he gets a million or a fucking cent over it, this isn't arguable nor defendable. If this was any other license agreement from a more active company, His ass would be grass.

bruh. ive been here on and off got help from some of the OG's be it I never finished my build... but I'm only here for understanding and to support monetizing something someone abandoned... have you ever had a civil disagreement?

I don't care if you got help for the "OG's" at all lol, also putting something behind a paywall that isn't even good in the first place is scummy as fuck. Even if retroversus gets all the fixes in the world it's core gameplay will still make it trash. It's only really fun to laugh at how functionally awful it is... no seriously sad claps warping mechanics as an actual mechanic in the "game". Please tell me what commercial fighting game where you can warp out of the corner for free by using backdash.
#447  February 26, 2020, 09:50:28 pm
  • Wowzers!

He's still violating the license agreement no matter if he gets a million or a fucking cent over it, this isn't arguable nor defendable. If this was any other license agreement from a more active company, His ass would be grass.

Ok Mr. Never Breaks A Rule...

I don't care if you got help for the "OG's" at all lol, also putting something behind a paywall that isn't even good in the first place is scummy as fuck. Even if retroversus gets all the fixes in the world it's core gameplay will still make it trash. It's only really fun to laugh at how functionally awful it is... no seriously sad claps warping mechanics as an actual mechanic in the "game". Please tell me what commercial fighting game where you can warp out of the corner for free by using backdash.
[/quote]

I really enjoy that corner back dash...
#448  February 26, 2020, 09:58:39 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Its clear you don't care that hes a scumbag who uses other peoples hard work to make money. You're not even gullible, you've just deluded yourself into thinking its ok.
#449  February 26, 2020, 10:05:17 pm
  • Wowzers!
Its clear you don't care that hes a scumbag who uses other peoples hard work to make money. You're not even gullible, you've just deluded yourself into thinking its ok.

that could be the case. or maybe I'm just a fan of the underdog.
#450  February 26, 2020, 10:07:06 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
The underdog is the guy with a "community" who makes money from other peoples work, as opposed to people who don't make a cent and work the hardest only for other people to put them in compilations?
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#451  February 26, 2020, 10:09:27 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont give a shit who you are or what you are a fan of. You would clearly let him sell your ass for money because that means hes a hustler.

We get it. you have no morals and would let yourself be pimped out if it meant another hustler was getting paid.  This is who you are.

Are you going to keep defending someone selling your ass for cash or do you have another auction to report?  Because theres not really much here you can do other than defending your ass getting sold.
#452  February 26, 2020, 10:18:24 pm
  • Wowzers!
The underdog is the guy with a "community" who makes money from other peoples work, as opposed to people who don't make a cent and work the hardest only for other people to put them in compilations?

but I want you to make money too... I can see your point with compilations. even tho I don't agree. but those compilations still fuel the mugen community.

I dont give a shit who you are or what you are a fan of. You would clearly let him sell your ass for money because that means hes a hustler.

We get it. you have no morals and would let yourself be pimped out if it meant another hustler was getting paid.  This is who you are.

Are you going to keep defending someone selling your ass for cash or do you have another auction to report?  Because theres not really much here you can do other than defending your ass getting sold.

wowzers... I see yall never pirate anything.... ever.. ok.
#453  February 26, 2020, 10:20:42 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:26:18 pm by Amidweiz
#454  February 26, 2020, 10:26:33 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
so your saying I could go make a burger myself or have someone else make the burger for me?

Odd analogy, but let's roll with it.

If you make the burger yourself, you have to go buy the ingredients; the shop where you purchased the ingredients likely had to buy them or owns a farm/vegetable garden/mill to produce the ingredients themselves.

If you buy the burger, you're paying the company who made that burger, who in turn had to buy the ingredients needed to produce it.

Trace all sources back to their origins, and you'll find all parties involved are (hopefully) compensated for their efforts.

Ace is selling content he obtained for free; the people who spent their free time creating that content have not been compensated. It is—to continue using your analogy—the equivalent of stealing a burger, adding some "mystery sauce" to it, and then selling it on.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#455  February 26, 2020, 10:38:05 pm
  • Wowzers!
so your saying I could go make a burger myself or have someone else make the burger for me?

Odd analogy, but let's roll with it.

If you make the burger yourself, you have to go buy the ingredients; the shop where you purchased the ingredients likely had to buy them or owns a farm/vegetable garden/mill to produce the ingredients themselves.

If you buy the burger, you're paying the company who made that burger, who in turn had to buy the ingredients needed to produce it.

Trace all sources back to their origins, and you'll find all parties involved are (hopefully) compensated for their efforts.

Ace is selling content he obtained for free; the people who spent their free time creating that content have not been compensated. It is—to continue using your analogy—the equivalent of stealing a burger, adding some "mystery sauce" to it, and then selling it on.

more like stealing the ingredients or even taking a free burger taking off the pickles then adding sauce then asking for a donation for said burger...
or even better using the free garden/farm to make burgers but ask for donations for your the time to make said burger...
but I see what your saying...
#456  February 26, 2020, 10:39:58 pm
  • Wowzers!
#457  February 26, 2020, 11:19:35 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Ok Mr. Never Breaks A Rule...

Oof nice ad hominem, someones losing the argument here.

lmao your argument is its legally wrong... so its bad.

meaning that you never break a rule... but I highly doubt that.

Still rolling with that ad hominem I see, if anything you're the one here with the illegal argument here. You are pretty much saying that it's ok to sell a mugen full game against it's license agreement with very specifically says

Usage

Under this license, permission is granted to use the M.U.G.E.N
Environment free of charge for non-commercial purposes.

as well as

i. Works containing the M.U.G.E.N Environment must be provided free
of charge and under the terms of this license.

also

1. The M.U.G.E.N Environment is copyrighted by Elecbyte and may not
be used for commercial purposes in whole or in part, altered or
unaltered, without Elecbyte's express written permission.

plus

II. Failure by Elecbyte to enforce any of the terms of this agreement
shall not constitute forfeiture of Elecbyte's right to enforce said
terms.

And even if you can argue for selling just the assets (which are by the way are by other companies for the most part)

Sample Content

Please note that the sample content included with the full M.U.G.E.N
package is not part of the M.U.G.E.N Environment, and is under a
separate license, the Creative Commons Noncommercial License, with
optional attribution.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

so even if you had an argument here which you clearly don't, you wouldn't be able to back it up period.
#458  February 26, 2020, 11:33:23 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#459  February 26, 2020, 11:46:32 pm
  • Wowzers!
its just how I feel about rules... if I can make my life easier by breaking them its just might happen...

maybe cuz rules have never seemed to be in my favor for me to excel... hence why I feel the way I feel bout these rules....
#460  February 27, 2020, 12:44:30 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
If you want to last long enough to try to defend someone doing something illegal than that's not the way to do it.

You'll find that out firsthand.