Hello Guys, I am here to show a project me and Zvitor were working: Battle Stormer Classics
This project was born of a divergence of ideas during the development process of the project Super Nostalgia Wars, by MDI. Zvitor and I had some ideas that were not compatible with that project, but we were thinking that would work out.
After some attempts, Zvitor decided to leave the previous project and suggested that we should have our own project, which I readily supported. The characters made for that project are still available in the previous project (is up to MDI to use them or not). I still am part of that project, but this will be my focus now.
So this is how all of this was born. We thanks MDI for the great inspiration
The gameplay is very simple project, far more based on plataform games rather than fighting games:
- one round, no defense and no auto turn
- Two attack buttons and 1 special
- Some interactive backgrounds (platforms, items, breakable objects, etc.)
- Interactive lifebars, which reacts when the player was hit
We do not decide the characters yet, but we want to focus more on characters from platform games than shooting Characters from . We are accepting suggestions, since some rules are followed:
- Characters from 16-bit systems or more
- No super deformed characters (big head, for example) or too cartoonish characters
- The characters must fit into the size limit of the image below:
Minor characters (or larger) will be accepted provided they are not human (such as animals, monsters, robots, etc.) or characters that are actually smaller than normal, such as the case of Mega man. Bosses are not affected by this rule.
The main goal is to be retro, so we will mix some sources from many games
The character selection screen, with the title screen from the source game (not every char will be playable):
Versus screen, with more game info:
In game screenshot
More to come. Any suggestion, drops us a line.
PREVIEW AND BETA DOWNLOAD