YesNoOk

KofXii-DayStadium (Beta) (Read 9244 times)

Started by HankVenture, February 19, 2010, 06:49:22 am
Share this topic:
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#1  February 19, 2010, 06:49:22 am
I'm sorry, but what was the point of posting this? The most you did was find a source image that everyone has had for months and then click a handful of times (if that). You did no graphical work and you did no coding. When it's all said and done this is KoF XII Day Stadium (Beta) by Cybaster. Awesome job Cybaster, keep it up.  :2thumbsup:
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#2  February 19, 2010, 07:58:09 am
  • Imagination is Everyting....
    • flamekyo.mugen-infantry.net
I'm sorry, but what was the point of posting this? The most you did was find a source image that everyone has had for months and then click a handful of times (if that). You did no graphical work and you did no coding. When it's all said and done this is KoF XII Day Stadium (Beta) by Cybaster. Awesome job Cybaster, keep it up.  :2thumbsup:

I never said i made it from scratch or jigsawed it manually,

i said this was like a demonstration of what his tool can do.

I will be making updates to it though, like adding animation and so on.

also "awesome Job Cybaster, keep it up"

yeah i used his tool but come on man its like your trying to bash me.
... Pulse Lifebars Re-Make :twisted:  60%
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#3  February 19, 2010, 08:53:35 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
I'm sorry, but what was the point of posting this? The most you did was find a source image that everyone has had for months and then click a handful of times (if that). You did no graphical work and you did no coding. When it's all said and done this is KoF XII Day Stadium (Beta) by Cybaster. Awesome job Cybaster, keep it up.  :2thumbsup:

--;

Again... He may have used Cybaster's tool, true, but he took it to his time to use said tool as a starting point of his soon to be animated stage. Also, where is the feedback here? All I see is just...putting down a creator.

The tool makes coding easier. Would using fighter factory to make a character be saying: all you did was click click on some buttons and did no coding so say thanks to the guy who made fighter factory?

Anyway, I'll try this stage out once I get home and put in some feedback for laters.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 09:04:11 am by ecthelionv2@hotmail.com
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#4  February 19, 2010, 09:07:22 am
    • USA
    • https://dissidiamarlq.neocities.org/
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#5  February 19, 2010, 09:09:54 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#6  February 19, 2010, 09:37:03 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Makes coding waaaay easier than manual IMO.  ;D

I wanna try my hand at it too.

And the stage look good on its own and no bugs as well.

I look forward to the animations as well.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#7  February 19, 2010, 12:25:03 pm
  • GITF (we the best)
    • ghostintheflesh.all-forum.net/
well for animation ideas you can photoshop the rollercoster and the balloon not to mention the flags. animate them like they are supposed to also and put a video. if you can do those i would settle for that ;)

oh yeah if your really want to make this hot make the blimp that goes around the stage. it can be done.
Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:28:05 pm by profylebryon
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#8  February 19, 2010, 02:10:15 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
and this opens the Dance Of Ze Lazy-Easy Moojin Stage!!...told you Cybaster :P
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#9  February 19, 2010, 09:04:22 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Ah, so according to Hank Venture, we shouldn't use Cybaster's awesome stage tool because it does the work for us. So, good job wasting your time releasing that.  ::)

Download Last Bout now!
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#10  February 19, 2010, 09:18:20 pm
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
The great thing about Cybaster's tool is that it can possibly save a stage creator time. 

If you have one large background image and it has many colors, Cybaster's tool can save you the time of cutting up the images to help reduce color depth while avoiding some of the lag sometimes caused by the layered Imagesplitter method. 

The time saved by not having to manually cut up the background image and code those parts should be put into enhancing the stage with other elements.

If anything the tool gives less of an excuse to release single layer stages because that part is automated for you. 

I don't consider this tool to be "Fighter Factory for stages" but rather more like character sprite packs. 
It takes away one tedious part of the creation process.  Now you have more freedom to learn how to do the rest better. 

AZ

KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#11  February 19, 2010, 09:24:30 pm
Ah, so according to Hank Venture, we shouldn't use Cybaster's awesome stage tool because it does the work for us. So, good job wasting your time releasing that.  ::)
You do realize he was one of the beta testers don't you?
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#12  February 19, 2010, 09:36:32 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

And? So what was the point of his post? And before he runs around trying to accuse me of eStalking him again, I posted this because his post was just as pointless as he perceives this stage release to be. Him beta testing it means he should have been expecting releases like this, and if he goes around making posts like this in every stage release like this in the future, he's going to be a busy, busy guy.

On topic:
The stage looks nice in the pic, Flamekyo, but I'll wait for some animations and what not. Good luck with it.

Download Last Bout now!
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#13  February 19, 2010, 09:39:58 pm

And? So what was the point of his post? And before he runs around trying to accuse me of eStalking him again, I posted this because his post was just as pointless as he perceives this stage release to be. Him beta testing it means he should have been expecting releases like this, and if he goes around making posts like this in every stage release like this in the future, he's going to be a busy, busy guy.

On topic:
The stage looks nice in the pic, Flamekyo, but I'll wait for some animations and what not. Good luck with it.

Thanks, im working on the animation for that middle screen, and im going to see what i can do to raise the fps

AZ

KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#14  February 19, 2010, 09:43:56 pm

On topic:
Flamekyo is an experienced stage maker who has been creating stages for a long time, wouldn't you expect more from him than just a static image? anyone can do that.
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#15  February 19, 2010, 09:45:08 pm
Anyway, now that Little Miss Prissy above me is done throwing her temper tantrum we can get down to the real point. The point I was making was that since he did literally no work whatsoever that it can't even be considered his release. He downloaded the image, ran it through the program, and then called it an alpha. He didn't add anything to it of his own whatsoever. No resize to better suit character size, no Photoshop/Gimp work, no animations, nothing. Literally zero work went into it. People are already well aware of what Cybaster's tool can do and saying that it's a demonstration showing what it can do isn't a valid excuse. If anything using it for just a static image is an improper demonstration. A proper application of the tool would be the Russia stage that was up here for a short time. The BG it's self was jigged using the tool and then other effects were brought in to enhance the stage. So yeah, it's a waste of time to release a static image that you did zero work on. Stop following my posts around and crying wolf every time I say something you don't like.

Oops, looks like she had more to say. If anyone's post was pointless it was your own. I was pointing out a huge fallacy in using the tool for only singular static images (especially from seasoned stage creators). Above all else Images that weren't edited in the slightest. Anyone who uses it for purposes like that aren't creators, and they sure as hell aren't contributing anything to the community. On top of that maybe someone will see my posts and think before using the tool as an end all be all for stage creating and put forth a little effort. I want to see people actually get better and use the tool for what it's meant. Not for bullshit releases like these.
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#16  February 19, 2010, 09:48:31 pm
Anyway, now that Little Miss Prissy above me is done throwing her temper tantrum we can get down to the real point. The point I was making was that since he did literally no work whatsoever that it can't even be considered his release. He downloaded the image, ran it through the program, and then called it an alpha. He didn't add anything to it of his own whatsoever. No resize to better suit character size, no Photoshop/Gimp work, no animations, nothing. Literally zero work went into it. People are already well aware of what Cybaster's tool can do and saying that it's a demonstration showing what it can do isn't a valid excuse. If anything using it for just a static image is an improper demonstration. A proper application of the tool would be the Russia stage that was up here for a short time. The BG it's self was jigged using the tool and then other effects were brought in to enhance the stage. So yeah, it's a waste of time to release a static image that you did zero work on. Stop following my posts around and crying wolf every time I say something you don't like.

Oops, looks like she had more to say. If anyone's post was pointless it was your own. I was pointing out a huge fallacy in using the tool for only singular static images (especially from seasoned stage creators). Above all else Images that weren't edited in the slightest. Anyone who uses it for purposes like that aren't creators, and they sure as hell aren't contributing anything to the community. On top of that maybe someone will see my posts and think before using the tool as an end all be all for stage creating and put forth a little effort. I want to see people actually get better and use the tool for what it's meant. Not for bullshit releases like these.

Who said i wasnt going to add more stuff to the stage, you're making it sound like i just got the image, ran it through the tool and thats it,

im going to added alot more stuff to it
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#17  February 19, 2010, 09:55:01 pm

Who said i wasnt going to add more stuff to the stage, you're making it sound like i just got the image, ran it through the tool and thats it,

However, you did just run it through the tool and that's it. That's what you released here. That is what I downloaded and that is what I'm leaving feedback on. I'm sure as hell not going to leave feedback on work you never did. If you were going to add more to it then you should have held off on the release because all you did is produce something thousands of people can replicate in seconds. All it looks like you were trying to do is call dibs on the stage.
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#18  February 19, 2010, 09:58:13 pm
Ah, so according to Hank Venture, we shouldn't use Cybaster's awesome stage tool because it does the work for us. So, good job wasting your time releasing that.  ::)

However, you did just run it through the tool and that's it. That's what you released here. That is what I downloaded and that is what I'm leaving feedback on. I'm sure as hell not going to leave feedback on work you never did. If you were going to add more to it then you should have held off on the release because all you did is produce something thousands of people can replicate in seconds. All it looks like you were trying to do is call dibs on the stage.

"Dibs on a stage"  ???

Why would anyone call dibs on a stage, anyone can make them,
they can even make the same stage as some else if they wanted to.

I released this stage because i wanted to test Cybaster's tool on a stage that hasn't been made for mugen yet
KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#19  February 19, 2010, 10:01:47 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/

Stop posting. He clearly said he was adding more stuff your point meens shit.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly

AZ

KofXii-DayStadium (Beta)
#20  February 19, 2010, 10:04:29 pm
Ah, so according to Hank Venture, we shouldn't use Cybaster's awesome stage tool because it does the work for us. So, good job wasting your time releasing that.  ::)

"Dibs on a stage"  ???

Why would anyone call dibs on a stage, anyone can make them,
they can even make the same stage as some else if they wanted to.

I released this stage because i wanted to test Cybaster's tool on a stage that hasn't been made for mugen yet
KOF stadium was already made by bepuu [his site:http://sw20w.web.fc2.com/]