YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 988981 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#961  March 23, 2022, 08:00:50 pm
Ryu however, despite being SFV class, receives the coveted Change Up feature that was for BS Omega Rugal and Orochi.
We know it's not restricted to SS and BS units since 98 Rugal and 97 Orochi could get it (at the cost of BS Rugal and BS Orochi memories obviously, can't be too easy) so it'll just be whoever they want at the time and don't try to overthink it. But yeah, the big up from this is that dimensional invites are much easier to get these days than SS/BS memories (especially for collab units).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:25:19 pm by Byakko
#962  March 23, 2022, 09:03:07 pm
  • Forever loving but always working.
Hi everyone.
I've been playing this game and following this thread, and I finally decided to make an account.

Regarding the SFV collab, I want to add that Ryu, Chun Li, and Akuma appear to be the game's first cost 70 characters.
SS/BS are cost 65, so Luke and M.Bison are essentially lower tier. And Alpha Chun Li is regular FES at cost 63.

I hope dimensions invitations can still be used on the cost 70 characters, but I would not be too surprised if Netmarble switches things up so DI cannot be used.
#963  March 23, 2022, 09:19:53 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
#964  March 23, 2022, 10:48:39 pm
#965  March 24, 2022, 12:57:28 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Welcome!

Yea, the benefit of Dream Match is accessing every available unit from the spot withiut having to invest resources or worry about infinite combos, cores, etc.  It's like a glorified Mugen sandbox now.

I feel like the main reasons why they waited until now is that the SFV collab will bring in the highest volume of players and what better way to catch up to speed than free demos of everything that was once launched.  But also, collabs like WWE are most likely never to return and can't let those models go to waste.  I believe Tekken will gain higher usage not because of meta, but because it's Tekken and the usage will hopefully convince Netmarble to renegotiate with Bamco to rerun that collab.

Also forgot to mention.  The results of the SS/BS Change Up votes has concluded and SS Kyo and BS Leona ended up the highest demand of ALL 3 regions of JPN, KOR, and Global.  SS Kyo will also be craftable starting at the launch of the SFV collab so concentrate on that one.

I want to add that Ryu, Chun Li, and Akuma appear to be the game's first cost 70 characters.
I dread this day would come.  Hope DIs can still be used so all you would need are like 4 pulls max including the initial unit.  That way you only burn the invites and used the extra 3 memories to unlock.
#966  March 24, 2022, 01:13:47 am
  • Wandering....

The Stage shown in that video was another interesting take on SF2 Bison Thailand Stage

It reminds me of the other iteration from SF4 aftermath video featuring Viper

But the KOF one looks better

#967  March 24, 2022, 07:43:00 am
Welcome!

Thank you!

I dread this day would come.  Hope DIs can still be used so all you would need are like 4 pulls max including the initial unit.  That way you only burn the invites and used the extra 3 memories to unlock.

I just pulled them and the good news is Ryu does not need memories to use EX. The cost 70 basically means he is already EX. I got him to A5 and to get to A6, I need to use the Dispatch mode to collect shards for the prime memory.

The bad news is there is no DI for Ryu. So, that A5 was full on -54K Rubies.
#968  March 24, 2022, 12:22:11 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Surprise Coupon Codes:

HELLOSFV-500 Rubies
SUPERCOLLABO   
-1000 Rubies
RYUVSKYO-Moon Imprint Stone [R] Selection Box x1
CHUNLIVSMAI-Star Imprint Stone [R] Selection Box x1
#969  March 24, 2022, 07:30:51 pm
Quick note.  If you got Alpha Chun-Li, DON'T use any memories to level her up and instead use Dimensional Invites. Save up any dupe memories of that to redeem for either Luke's or Dictator's memory that are worth more.

Also you can redeem a free 3PG Super for Chun-Li when you redeem daily coins.  Said coins through out the event can be redeemed for up to 4 Chuns enough to reach A3 for free.
#970  March 24, 2022, 09:20:51 pm
    • USA
Quick note.  If you got Alpha Chun-Li, DON'T use any memories to level her up and instead use Dimensional Invites. Save up any dupe memories of that to redeem for either Luke's or Dictator's memory that are worth more.

Also you can redeem a free 3PG Super for Chun-Li when you redeem daily coins.  Said coins through out the event can be redeemed for up to 4 Chuns enough to reach A3 for free.

I was always confused on how the dimensional invite works. I would like to know how it works so i could potentially use it for other characters

lui

#971  March 24, 2022, 09:32:11 pm
    • USA
So, Dream Match is by far the best thing they added in the update. It actually made PvP, well, *fun*

Not only did they balance every single character to stand a chance against eachother, they also made sure to make even SILVER characters viable. The meta relies way more on actual skill and timing now than just pressing buttons and hoping things work out. They added little things too like rematches, being able to back out of fights if you don't feel like fighting against characters like Dizzy (who is actually beatable by previously low tier characters its crazy) and all that.

AND theres no timer to play AND every single collab is able to be used regardless if you bought them or not. I seriously hope that this mode stays for good as it is the most fun I have had playing this game.

Its basically the closest we have to an official MUGEN now lol
Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:40:46 pm by lui
#972  March 24, 2022, 10:19:26 pm
I was always confused on how the dimensional invite works. I would like to know how it works so i could potentially use it for other characters
Until now, the purple letters were used to further awaken collab FES units even after their event ends.  You could even use these for Xrd characters but not for SS units.

Lately with the introduction of Red EX units, these purple letters can't be used for that class. This only applies to Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma because instead of being FES+, there now have a red border.  Luke and Dictator are SS class so DIs don't apply as well.

The only SFV collab the purple letters can still be used is with Alpha Chun-Li, which is extremely recommended to save any memories you get for her so you can redeem a free SS memory for Luke or Dictator.  Instead use the DIs to level her up.

If anything, Netmarble is likely slowly phasing out the utility of DIs in favor for the new Change Up system and how they will push blank SS memories more often.

I seriously hope that this mode stays for good as it is the most fun I have had playing this game.
Enjoy it while it lasts because after the SFV collab ends, it'll be gone probably until the game's 4th anniversary in the summer for it to launch again lol
Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 10:40:29 pm by Kirishima
#973  March 24, 2022, 10:21:06 pm
    • USA
Until now, the purple letters were used to further awaken collab FES units even after their event ends.  You could even use these for Xrd characters but not for SS units.

Lately with the introduction of Red EX units, these purple letters can't be used for that class. This only applies to Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma because instead of being FES+, there now have a red border.  Luke and Dictator are SS class so DIs don't apply as well.

The only SFV collab the purple letters can still be used is with Alpha Chun-Li, which is extremely recommended to save any memories you get for her so you can redeem a free SS memory for Luke or Dictator.

If anything, Netmarble is likely slowly phasing out the utility of DIs in favor for the new Change Up system and how they will push blank SS memories more often.

interesting. it would be nice to get more ss units so i can awaken Sol and Dizzy more, since i only have one left XD
#974  March 26, 2022, 04:33:15 am
So, Dream Match is by far the best thing they added in the update. It actually made PvP, well, *fun*

AND theres no timer to play AND every single collab is able to be used regardless if you bought them or not. I seriously hope that this mode stays for good as it is the most fun I have had playing this game.

Its basically the closest we have to an official MUGEN now lol

It is definitely my favorite thing in the whole game. I'm more hyped to play that then any other mode.

I made a video that has dream match highlights, I'll add it but I'm a bit wary since it can seem like promoting, and that's not my intent.

The dream match part starts at 4 minutes 40 seconds.

Enjoy it while it lasts because after the SFV collab ends, it'll be gone probably until the game's 4th anniversary in the summer for it to launch again lol

I hope they don't drop the ball on this and keep it free for all. Dream Match can bring tons of new and old players to the game. And it actually makes me even more hyped for any future collab.
#975  March 26, 2022, 07:57:47 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
How's the network? Did they implement the rollback netcode they promised a few months back yet?
#976  March 26, 2022, 12:19:45 pm

Akuma trailer
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#977  March 26, 2022, 02:39:57 pm
How's the network? Did they implement the rollback netcode they promised a few months back yet?
Rollback is added but on mobile it is still choppy even if you set the location filter.

Made worse when audio desyncs and you hear Micheal Cole say things twice or triple the amount of lines with a WWE unit.
#978  March 29, 2022, 05:55:51 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Really should have came here and added my two cents about this collaboration Event:

I'm honestly... in a mixed place about it(Not as I am mixed over Strive Testament... sorry, back to topic).
On one hand, the Event isn't honestly all that bad and it seems Dream Match is a blast(though I sadly don't PvP though so I won't be making any real use of it), the story mode is okay and the characters are pretty fun to play.

On the other hand, the EX Chun-Li, Ryu and Akuma... don't really fill me with the best confidence(As Ryu and Akuma has such ABYSMAL Drop Rates and EX Chun will require Sol-Tier levels of dedication to even get her to a decent level before the event is done and that's IF you are able to finish off both Towers too)
The Change-Up system definitely has me feeling even more weird about it considering to even get your fighters to a decent level you HAVE to fully Awaken them.
They went full stupid with both Towers as you basically need to have damn strong SF Units to even be able to defeat the highest floors rather than it being 70K like the last few Towers.

Like it's hard for me to really say if this is better than the Guilty Gear and Dead or Alive Collaboration or if it's worse than them due to this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#979  March 29, 2022, 06:08:24 am
I feel as tho this ranks slightly below the other two recent collabs (Xrd had like 2 weeks of activities and nothing more).  The downside is that the change-up system is slowly making Dimensional Invites obsolete within the next couple of months.  At the very least, the other collabs with their towers can be done with a non SS unit and if you have DIs to spare.

Here?  You only get one free EX unit of Chun-Li for one tower and by doing weeks worth of dailies, you'll have a fully A3 Chun-Li which you can add stones and FES cards to get her to a suitable level to conquer the tower, but by then you will have little days left of the collab.    Sadly you gotta spend to get Alpha Chun-Li as she is the only one that can use DIs to conquer the other tower and also getting several FES fodder to grind memories for DIs is a different story.

Notice how I am not suggesting using Alpha Chun-Li's memories as now they added a section to use  those memories to gain one of Luke's and Dictator's own.  Not liking how that goes.
#980  March 29, 2022, 06:37:15 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Yeah, I used DI's to basically force the Alpha Chun to Awakening 5 just to get it over with but unfortunately, that was AFTER I used the Change Up on A1 Luke so now Alpha Chun has no major boost until well AFTER the Event.
I did get the EX Ryu but I have to look into how the hell he works and if I need to roll the gacha for more copies or not.
And there's also the Super Cards and everything else too...

So it's definitely not high up there for me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......