YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122480 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#241  October 09, 2019, 06:37:07 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
G.Ponyta is pure psychic, Shield exclusive.

#242  October 09, 2019, 06:50:35 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Kinda feel dissapointed TBH, did wanted to be a Fairy type to pick one finally.

By pure typing and more likely similar stats, don´t see any reason to pick this one over other Psychic types asides from maybe the look.
#243  October 09, 2019, 07:38:29 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
When it evolves its probably going to be Psychic/Fairy just like alohan vulpix which was a pure Ice type unless it was already an ice/fairy before it evolved into ninetales.
#244  October 09, 2019, 09:02:23 pm
    • Brazil
Good point, we have seen Ponyta, but we didn't see Rapidash yet.
#245  October 16, 2019, 04:17:13 pm
    • USA
New GMax forms for Pikachu, Eevee, Charizard, Butterfree, Meowth

A longcat reference in current year.  Will wonders never cease.
#246  October 16, 2019, 04:23:18 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

But why always Kanto, why not pokemon from other regions?
First Ponyta and Farfetch'd and now this...
Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 04:34:45 pm by DS
#247  October 16, 2019, 05:33:09 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Look at me actually giving Gamefreak the benefit of the doubt that they've stopped with the Kanto pandering but I guess I was wrong for even giving a little of it. Seeing OG chubby Pikachu is great I guess. I liked the long cat idea for Meowth but they literally just elongated its torso without changing anything which is disappointing.
#248  October 16, 2019, 06:31:24 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hiding the Pikachu and Eevee forms behind paywalls of owning the Let's Go games sounds scummy, but until the game's actually out, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that this can also be found regularly in game in some form, or at the very least can be bred ad nauseum and traded off on this game's wonder trade equivalent.  We had this issue with the orange Lycanroc too last generation.
#249  October 16, 2019, 07:23:43 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm so tired to see Kanto Pokemon keep getting a form or something!
This is fate.
#250  October 16, 2019, 07:33:29 pm
    • Brazil
To be fair, many Kanto Pokémon needed buffs or evolutions, people asked for a Farfetch'd evolution for ages. Pokémon like Arbok could also use one, but when they add a lot of shit to Gen I Pokémon and ignore others who need those things (Luvdisc could use a powerful evolution, just like Magikarp and Feebas evolve into Gyarados and Milotic), then we have a pandering problem. I understand Gen I is the original one, but considering the ammount of crap Pokémon from that gen, I don't see what is so special.
#251  October 16, 2019, 09:09:12 pm
    • USA

There is that new Zigzagoon evolution, to be fair.
#252  October 16, 2019, 09:14:34 pm
    • Philippines
Even the normies are getting sick of the Kanto pandering judging by the comments and number of dislikes on the trailer.

There is that new Zigzagoon evolution, to be fair.

One single non-Kanto variant out of every other Galar and Dynamax form being Kanto. Very encouraging.
#253  October 16, 2019, 10:54:03 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

To be fair, many Kanto Pokémon needed buffs or evolutions

Some of them got buffed in gen 6 and 7 with Megas and Alolan Form respectively. Of course you can't please everyone but since Garchomp got a mega and Flygon not for example, I'm still waiting for a new Flygon form (which probably won't happen), not to mention a lot of other pokemon. Seeing Kanto all the time is getting too 'tiresome' imo...

Obstagoon by far was the coolest thing from this game involving existing pokemon until now.
Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:03:15 pm by DS
#254  October 17, 2019, 01:32:11 am
    • USA
It's odd too that GF loves pandering to Kanto's pokemon, but has completely dropped the ball on progressing its story.  We actually had a perfect set-up going from Sun/Moon to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee to follow Lillie and Lusamine and explore the region 20 years after Red/Blue, as compared to Gold/Silver being 2 years after and the Ultra games were their own separate timeline like ORAS compared to the original Ruby and Sapphire.  A whole new story about Lusamine's mental health and the path her daughter takes on her own in a modern updating to an old region.  And, well...we did, but we also sure didn't.  We got Pokémon Yellow 20 years later, doing the exact same plot beats for no discernable reason as Red/Blue while acknowledging the previous original game events also took place, it's not just a modern-day reboot.  It just didn't care.

I wouldn't even mind if they did give some extra love to the original 151 because yeah, the majority of them are favorites of mine because they were the first, but it's legit ONLY the pokemon they care about, not the rest of the world.  Which oh boy, I'm tempted to see them contradict that by removing some of those 151 from the roster.  Complete the circle on putting half a heart into things.

I guess I'm slightly happy something happened to Butterfree, but like most people have resigned to, who cares, it'll be gone in a year or two.  Would have preferred a Mega to go with Beedrill.  At least outcry might bring those back.
#255  October 17, 2019, 03:47:28 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I see giant Pikachu and I immediately want it, because I am in awe at the size of the Pikachu!

It's odd too that GF loves pandering to Kanto's pokemon, but has completely dropped the ball on progressing its story. 

I'll be completely honest, was the story anything people expect from a Pokemon game? The story in almost all Pokemon games are practically the same: mad lad/lass sets off on an adventure with their starter Pokemon to be a Pokemon Master by catching Pokemon, defeating Gym Leaders, gaining badges, defeating whatever evil-doing organization that happens to plague the area, and defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion.

No matter how many times the set repeats itself, it suits Pokemon just fine.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#256  October 17, 2019, 04:10:18 am
    • USA
When you set up clues to an overarching story and do not follow up on it, yes, regardless if it's Pokémon or not.  They laid out a storyline going forward, then did not follow up on it at the most obvious time to do so.  I expect what they set up to be followed up on.  Not even expecting it to be good or bad, complex or simple, just addressed.  And they're the one making all these needless details like the branching timelines for remakes, then just giving up on caring about them like in the case of Let's Go.  Which I would be fine writing off as side-game nonsense, but no, they want to count it as a main title so it's held up to those standards.

You'd just figure compounding this even more is it's all focused on their singular devotion that is Kanto, but no.

Anyways, enough about story bits that will be left with eternal "to be continued..." endings, it seems to me of the Let's Go players Eevee got the short end of the stick here.  Pikachu's big form lets its affect Ground types with its big Electric attack, Eevee just gets multi-targeting Attract.  Oof.  I guess this evens out Partner Eevee steamrolling Partner Pikachu's usage in the Let's Go games.
Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:14:26 am by Long John Killer
#257  October 17, 2019, 09:26:34 am
  • For honor!
Charizard having a G-Max is a good thing because Gamefreak is aware that its megas finally made it meta relevant and a lot of people enjoyed that. Charizard is absolute trash without megas so it needed something to compensate. Butterfree I'm cool with too because it's like an opposite day thing with Mega Beedrill. The rest is just meh whatever. Still not really demanding my full interest.
Iroha stripped for me
#258  November 02, 2019, 11:32:16 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Final starter evolutions:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Who will you be choosing?
#259  November 03, 2019, 07:33:35 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
they all look like shit
#260  November 03, 2019, 09:52:27 am
    • Philippines
The leaker has been playing the game and posting stuff on /vp/. This gen has been pretty good with bug Pokemon. Pretty cool new ones especially the...

Here's a picture of all the Pokemon they revealed so far. Massive spoilers of course.

Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:56:39 am by Mgbenz