YesNoOk

Let's update Kung Fu Man (Read 114724 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, January 01, 2016, 04:31:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Let's update Kung Fu Man
#101  February 01, 2016, 07:03:14 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
It doesn't have any new sprite, it's just a KFM with a gameplay similar to that of the old Infinite styled characters.

I know, it's just the base idea. But at the same time, my first edit ever. so I wonder how this will end up. :)
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#102  February 01, 2016, 07:09:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, but is it close to the time to announce the Graphics thread contest (IDK if it was a contest or a collab thread) for this project, or do you still need a bit more time before announcing it?
I will announce the contest once I get a bit more done. I got sidetracked last week working on Rikuo. Right now I'm working on *exciting secret project*. I don't think it'll consume my entire week like Rikuo did last week though :P

So the goal again for this week is to finish the common1
Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:41:08 am by Just No Point
#103  February 03, 2016, 09:48:06 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
http://network.mugenguild.com/justnopoint/stuff/kfm.rar
New Update
First of all:

He can't attack at all while running. The triggers in his cmd for his non-aerial attacks should be ctrl || stateno = 100.
Added as a new trigger line for all standing and crouching basics.
Code:
trigger3 = stateno = 100 ; can be done while dashing

The code below fullfills the need of having control when landing from a gethit state, And it does much more. It also reproduces the concept of Trip Guard successfully.

[state 52, Control]
type = ctrlset
trigger1 = !time
trigger1 = !(prevstateno = [600, 699])
trigger2 = time = 2 ; 2 for SNK-style, 1 for Capcom-style. Both are good options.
value = 1

[State 52, Guard]
type = changestate
trigger1 = ctrl && command = "holdback"
trigger1 = inguarddist && (prevstateno != [600, 699])
value = 120
Added. Should I put a note to remove the Guard changestate if making a KOF character?

In addition, in my opinion, stateno 40 should be invulnerable to throws. This is how commercial games tend to do.

[state 40, Vulnerability]
type = hitby
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA, NA, SA, HA, NP, SP, HP
Added

In addition again, make sure to fix a few syntax issues found in his code.
Fixed all but the .act one. I added 6 pals from KFM but it didn't fix the issue. Do they need to be a certain name too?

Question 2
;volumescale offset (negative for softer)
volume = 0
was changed to
;volumescale offset (negative for softer)
volumescale = 0

This works well here to replace volume correct? As a constant I mean. I figure yes but wanted to be sure since volume is deprecated and hey, it even says volumescale in the note!

I have serious objection about how his chain combos are handled. You know, the impossibility of cancelling crouching basics into standing basics and vice-versa, like every other fighting game with chain combos (via replacing the triggers statetype = S and statetype = C in his cmd with statetype != A. All advanced coders will agree with me.).
Fixed in all standing and crouching basics.

Mugen has a hard coded bit of behaviour if liedown time remaining is less than 10, you become completely invulnerable. I would leave it at 60, cos that doesnt' really matter, and override that state to make you get up quicker. Otherwise you make your character unhittable while down which is very very rarely intended behaviour.

You can't bypass that short of making your own lie down state, and since there is one there already, overriding it to behave differently is a better idea.

So about this quote. I noticed I didn't actually see the lie down animation in the common1 and Cyanide says it's hard coded.
So to clarify this means I need to build a totally new lie down state, yes?

Also should anything be reworded or clarified for the notes at the top of the CMD file?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#104  February 07, 2016, 11:46:46 pm
  • The fox who doesn't know where he's going.
    • USA
If you are still looking for some optional animations for Kung Fu Man I got some.
Here's Bee Stung:

Here's Dash Collision:

And here's the Dash Collision Logo:

Sorry if Dash Collision looks a little wonky. I'm not much of a spriter.
#105  February 08, 2016, 12:38:58 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Why did you add a CLSN1 on the fifth frame of the normal KF Palms and on the fourth of the Fast KF Palm (the frame with the blur)? It worked right before, also the blur shows the palm still hasn't reached the enemy so it shouldn't hurt; moreover, the "swing" sound plays the frame after it if it hits the enemy.
The playsnd is right, the CLSN1 you added isn't.
I was considering using the move to show how to have certain frames play through hit pause.
For Darkstalkers at least, the blur frames usually can hit. They just do have that "play through hitpause" property JNP mentioned, meaning that even when they connect, the blur frame will only be on screen for its designated X frames before proceeding to the next frame for the rest of the hitpause. Then after the hitpause ends the animation continues from there. This means that this property does have an effect on frame data, any move that features it will have a greater advantage on hit/block than the raw animation implies.
#106  February 08, 2016, 10:48:56 am
No, I wasn't discussing that, because I agree with you, but just in this particular case:
since the palm didn't travel for enough space I wouldn't put the CLSN1 there.
In these other cases, I'm fine having the red CLSN:
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:59:36 am by Sin-
#107  February 08, 2016, 07:29:48 pm
Ah, I see. I didn't remember exactly what the blur frame on Kung Fu Palm was like.
#108  February 08, 2016, 07:44:43 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Mugen has a hard coded bit of behaviour if liedown time remaining is less than 10, you become completely invulnerable. I would leave it at 60, cos that doesnt' really matter, and override that state to make you get up quicker. Otherwise you make your character unhittable while down which is very very rarely intended behaviour.

You can't bypass that short of making your own lie down state, and since there is one there already, overriding it to behave differently is a better idea.

So about this quote. I noticed I didn't actually see the lie down animation in the common1 and Cyanide says it's hard coded.
So to clarify this means I need to build a totally new lie down state, yes?

Yeah, It also makes it so that there is no hard knockdown in MUGEN ( or was it soft knockdown? I can't remember which one it doesn't have, but I had to do this for my game.)

what you want to do is find state 5110, which is the lie down state, add a change state at the very top to another state. (Like state 5111 or something) with the except same text, since it's not an issue with the text, it's that MUGEN does something hard coded when in state 5110, so to dodge the glitches MUGEN has there make it go to another state that's identical.

So: 

make copy of state 5110 in the common right under state 5110, named 5111.

add
[State 5080, 1] ;Set default anim
type = changestate
trigger1 = !time
value = 5111

to the very top of state 5110.

Problem solved.

make sure that there are no references/checks for state 5110 anywhere else and if there are replace them/ add a check to 5110 as well.

at least I think that's what you should do? smarter/more experienced people can probably tell you if this is the correct solution or if there is a better way but it's worked for me so far.
#109  February 08, 2016, 11:13:17 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Basic:

Recovery Rolls like in Tekken, and essentially every damn fighting game nowadays. Power charge(I'm sure thats been mentioned already)  Long jump,wall jump. 

Intermediate:
XCostume., Flying,changing of voice sets via variables and the snd . Max and Custom Combo Modes,

Advanced
 Transformations( was briefly mentioned)

To my knowledge most of these things havent been suggested.  Probably should have read over everything more.. ( I skipped pages 3 and 4)

Following this for sure!
#110  February 10, 2016, 11:33:41 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
In addition again, make sure to fix a few syntax issues found in his code.
Fixed all but the .act one. I added 6 pals from KFM but it didn't fix the issue. Do they need to be a certain name too?
I'm really sorry for not knowing the answer. There's someting screwed in Elecbyte KFM's sff.

I tested Morrigan by Daniel9999999, removing all the deprecated codes. She, like KFM, doesn't have separate .act files in her folder.

And Fighter Factory stopped showing issues in her. This doesn't work with Elecbyte's KFM and I really think the problem is in his sff. Or in his.def, but more in his sff. I thought that the problem was in Fighter Factory, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't have any other suggestion, except recommending you to create an empty sff (or using Fighter Factory's sff that is built up when you use one of its templates) and build a vanilla sff for him.
Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 11:38:50 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#111  February 10, 2016, 11:37:18 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When you click on the red error "x" in FF3 it takes you to the .def file. Doubt that helps. Ugh I hope I won't need to recompile the whole sff to fix this.
#112  February 15, 2016, 12:14:47 pm
An animation i did for BC... don't seems like hes going to complete his kfm though.

reference from Ryo from fatal fury.

arms by itself for some shadow effects if you rike.
#113  February 15, 2016, 01:01:47 pm
:msurprised:
#114  February 15, 2016, 11:05:55 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
You're welcome. told you i was gonna ask solblaze LMAO
#115  February 15, 2016, 11:41:31 pm
Wow, that's a very nice animation.
#116  February 16, 2016, 02:12:01 am
A athena that I have had a very good system showing what everything was. I learned a lot from it. Every attack and move is set up like this

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; 立弱P (近距離)
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
[Statedef 200]
type        = S
movetype    = A
physics     = S
juggle      = 1
anim        = 200
ctrl        = 0
velset      = 0, 0
sprpriority = 1
poweradd    = 25

;-------[ Sounds ]-------;

[State 200:         Attack SE]
type     = PlaySnd
trigger1 = AnimElem = 3
value    = 4, 0

;-------[ Hit Defs ]-------;

[State 200:         Hit Def, 1]
type             = HitDef
trigger1         = AnimElem = 3
id               = 200
attr             = S, NA
hitflag          = MAF
guardflag        = MA
priority         = 3, Hit
damage           = 27, 0
animtype         = Light
pausetime        = 3, 4
hitsound         = S5, 0
guardsound       = S6, 1
sparkxy          = -10, Floor(-73 * const(size.yscale))
sparkno          = 0 ;S6000 + Random % 8
guard.sparkno    = 41 ;S6060
ground.type      = High
ground.slidetime = 11
ground.hittime   = 10
ground.velocity  = -3.5, 0
guard.ctrltime   = 9
air.velocity     = -2.5, -1.1
air.hittime      = 10
fall             = 0
air.fall         = 1
fall.recover     = 1
fall.recovertime = 10

;-------[ States ]-------;

[State 200:         Standing]
type     = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
value    = 0
ctrl     = 1

I would like KFM easy to learn from his CNS and not from a doc that explains stuff all weird.
#117  February 16, 2016, 04:04:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/

make copy of state 5110 in the common right under state 5110, named 5111.

add
[State 5080, 1] ;Set default anim
type = changestate
trigger1 = !time
value = 5111

to the very top of state 5110.

Problem solved.
Spoiler: Like thise? (click to see content)
make sure that there are no references/checks for state 5110 anywhere else and if there are replace them/ add a check to 5110 as well.

at least I think that's what you should do? smarter/more experienced people can probably tell you if this is the correct solution or if there is a better way but it's worked for me so far.
Did you mean I should change the below values to 5111 instead too?
[State 5101, 7] ;Hit ground
trigger1 = Vel Y > 0
trigger1 = Pos Y >= Const(movement.down.bounce.groundlevel)
type = ChangeState
value = 5110
If you are still looking for some optional animations for Kung Fu Man I got some.
Here's Bee Stung:

Here's Dash Collision:

They look great! Added (not the text that's not part of the standard)

No, I wasn't discussing that, because I agree with you, but just in this particular case:
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u402/GodofDeath94/Blur.png since the palm didn't travel for enough space I wouldn't put the CLSN1 there.
In these other cases, I'm fine having the red CLSN:
]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u402/GodofDeath94/Blur%202.png
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u402/GodofDeath94/Blur%203.png
Went ahead and removed that CLSN1. I'll use the blur code elsewhere.

An animation i did for BC... don't seems like hes going to complete his kfm though.
Yeah I'll find a use for this in the intermediate build for sure! This shouldn't go to waste!

A athena that I have had a very good system showing what everything was. I learned a lot from it. Every attack and move is set up like this

;-------[ Sounds ]-------;

[State 200:         Attack SE]
type     = PlaySnd

;-------[ Hit Defs ]-------;

[State 200:         Hit Def, 1]
type             = HitDef

I would like KFM easy to learn from his CNS and not from a doc that explains stuff all weird.
Thank you VERY much for the suggestion! Let me get this straight however. You'd like the parts to be labeled above each SCTRL? Like in my quoted examples?

Does that really teach better? I mean PlaySnd seems kinda obvious and so does HitDef. It kind of seems a bit redundant to label them again like this. And you still have to look at the docs to see what all the parameters you can tweak underneath are.

#118  February 17, 2016, 08:16:29 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I think with different labeling it could work to keep things neatly organized, but not much purpose otherwise,
#119  February 17, 2016, 05:05:56 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Okay it's time to log what has and hasn't been done yet.
As a universal fix applied everywhere I updated all deprecated triggers in all files

air is updated but not complete
completed:
  • CLSNs
  • Added the PacMan sprites/info thanks to Altoiddealer
  • Added 5052 Diag Up Twist anim thanks to Alex's sff
  • Added 5946 HDBZ back breaker thanks to Alex's sff
  • Messatsu's identifier anims
  • Midnight Bliss 9020, 12000, 1200166660, 66661, 66662, 9021, 9022
  • Electrocuted 7696, 9010, 9999
  • HDBZ Dash Collision 950
  • Bee Sting 7695

incomplete:
  • The liedown face 1st and get up anim is in the sff for sprite groups 5050 as it was in Alex's sff. But I don't know where this actually needs to go, what the air group should be, or the timings and CLSN data for it. I'm not a KOF expert. Can I get more info on this one?
  • He has a lot of Mortal Kombat specific animations too for fatalities? Is this something we should add since it's there? I mean there is no way we can make all the new ones but this is a lot as is.
  • Collapse/Cheese Kill/Crumple
  • Super Slash Collapsing/Face-down collapse
  • KOF hard knockdown
  • Vertical spinning
  • Standing Guard Crush
  • Crouching Guard Crush
  • Jumping Guard Crush
  • Throw Escape/Tech Hit
  • Throw has been escaped out of
  • Demon Transformation/Red Arremer Transformation
  • Animal Transformation/Goddess Athena Transformation
  • Hit by Anakaris' Pit to the Underworld/Spinning Horizontally
  • Seppuku
  • Burned
  • Bloated Up
  • Collapse while crouching
  • Stagger
  • 'Birdies'
  • Blinded
  • Royal Judgement/Retro Mutagen
  • HDBZ Flip Knockout
  • HDBZ Chou Kamehameha Fatality
  • Wire Damage
  • Choked grabbed by the neck
  • Gloomy Puppet Show - Doesn't need anything custom I can add this easily
  • Frozen
  • HDBZ/TMNT My Toe My Toe

Anything else need to be done in the AIR file?

common1.cns is completed?
What's been changed?

CMD completed?

completed

incomplete
  • Update Throws to TargetState
  • KFM has a problem with Smash Kung Fu Upper that must be considered.
  • Remove the OTG he has with his c.HK.
  • Standardize the states for basic attacks
Anything else?

I think with different labeling it could work to keep things neatly organized, but not much purpose otherwise,
The only real thing I could think that may help is to put ugly links to MUGEN Class people would have to copy paste to even use. I don't think that labeling them will help organization much. The order the SCTRLs are in helps that.

Edit: noticed this so adding it here

If for any reason at all you leave ATTR out from the attack mugen will not throw an error message or crash. It simply continues working. Except the hitdef doesn't work. This can be quite hard to diagnose as there is no error condition.

Animtype = Up where fall = 0 is also broken. The character will automatically recover as soon as their animation is complete. No keypress required. Fall = 1 resolves this to some extent, except you must press the recovery command to get out. There is no intrinsic way to have the UP animtype allow recovery after X ticks, it is either when the animation completes, or never. You need to use state -2 and targetstate to get around this, or a custom state.

Alternatively we need to get into the common1.cns and fix up some of mugens stupid stuff and release it as a community thing.
Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:02:25 am by Just No Point
#120  February 17, 2016, 07:43:22 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
How about some proper working charge moves (hold d/hold b)?

:mlol: I would love to see KFM do the Blanka roll.