YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021) (Read 599087 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/12)
#121  December 30, 2010, 04:06:13 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
this means if you place a copy of VSelect in each of your Mugen folders, when you run it it should pick up the config for that version of Mugen (and so open the correct motif etc).

Good, that will helps a lot.

One question: there is a way to include a feature to add stages too? With a preview like StageViewer?
Or make it search for avaliable chars/stages and add it all?
#122  December 30, 2010, 09:07:29 pm
  • I like to sing with the radio.
    • internetjesusvtheworld.blogspot.com/
Right click on a character you added, my good man. You can add stages that way.
#123  December 30, 2010, 10:06:23 pm
  • Participate, be a part.
#124  December 31, 2010, 01:49:39 am
    • sites.google.com/site/mugensbestspritersintheworld/
The new update works perfectly well in my 486 chars. I want to congratulate you tunglashor for your great work. This is one of the best and most useful tools I've ever seen in mugen.  ;)
#125  December 31, 2010, 03:31:45 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
It.. it... it keeps crashing on me :'(
I don't know what to do know :-\
Tried running as admin, crashed.
Tried running under XP SP3, crashed.
Any thoughts? :???: I use HLoader's screenpack like always. Why does it crash? :(
Specs
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#126  January 02, 2011, 07:51:16 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
i just came across another feature that would be great. could you add a list of unused characters. like if i had 100 characters in the chars folder but used only 50 of them, I need a list showing which characters arent in use.
I'll see what I can do  :) Thanks for the suggestion.

One question: there is a way to include a feature to add stages too? With a preview like StageViewer?
Or make it search for avaliable chars/stages and add it all?
I plan to add a list of stages that works similar to the Order list - it would list all your stages and which characters were assigned to each one, and you could drag and drop characters onto the required stage.  I don't know about a preview option - that would be trickier!

It.. it... it keeps crashing on me :'(
I don't know what to do know :-\
I suggest you try this alternate version of the tool.  It's exactly the same as the normal version except that it outputs a log file as it loads the screenpack and characters.  When it crashes, send me the log file (it's called VSelect.log and is saved in the same folder as VSelect).  Hopefully this will give me a clue as to what is causing the crash and help me fix it.

Thanks all for the positive comments  :)  It's good to know people are finding it useful.
#127  January 02, 2011, 07:53:39 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I plan to add a list of stages that works similar to the Order list - it would list all your stages and which characters were assigned to each one, and you could drag and drop characters onto the required stage.  I don't know about a preview option - that would be trickier!

Good to hear about it. Even if it was a static previw, it would be very nice.
#128  January 02, 2011, 09:19:32 pm
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
This is what I got

Crashed after I inserted a character.

PD: Also crashes when I add a stage to a character, add music to a character, choose a motif to open, choose an engine, etc.
Why would this happen :???:

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 04/01/2011)
#129  January 04, 2011, 07:22:40 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Crashed after I inserted a character.

PD: Also crashes when I add a stage to a character, add music to a character, choose a motif to open, choose an engine, etc.
Why would this happen :???:

Fixed now (I hope).  Thanks for the bug report.  Anyone encountering this problem, please redownload.
#130  January 04, 2011, 11:48:10 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
so there's a new version available on the first post?
(last one I downloaded seems to work perfect, but better to always try the last updates)
            Zorf Giudecca
#131  January 04, 2011, 03:22:18 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Yes, the link in the first post will always point to the latest version.  I generally only post about new releases when I've added or changed some feature, which isn't the case for this one, but yes I always recommend getting the most up-to-date version.
#132  January 04, 2011, 05:23:58 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
One good feature that could be included is for the program to take a .png screenshot of the current select screen!
#133  January 05, 2011, 12:24:48 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
and this feature is useful in what way

so many hdd crashes QQ
Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 10/01/2011)
#134  January 10, 2011, 05:08:24 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
New version now available.  Fixed a few more obscure bugs and added a new requested feature to display the large portrait of the selected character:

This should help make sure you don't accidentally place a character in a position where it will get in the way of the big portraits.  You can turn it off if you like - there's an option on the View menu.

As mentioned the new version also contains some bug fixes so as usual, I recommend updating.  Let me know if any problems.
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 10/01/2011)
#135  January 11, 2011, 01:30:23 am
  • behold my power
    • USA
I think I found a bug
This is necro_rk's screenpack for 1.0
the empty roster is intended but the slots aren't showing up

so many hdd crashes QQ
Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:34:47 am by haver of sex
#136  January 11, 2011, 03:08:30 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
That's not a bug as such.  That motif uses an animation to display the grid, but it isn't visible in every frame (it flickers on and off), and VSelect is showing one of the frames in which the grid isn't visible.  Try using the "Random frame" option from the Animations menu to make it show a different frame (you might have to do this a few times before the grid appears).
#137  January 13, 2011, 08:50:30 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
oh good lord this is amazing all that time updating my select has been saved TY SO MUCH

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#138  February 07, 2011, 10:52:44 pm
  • ||X|||
SICK!! Thanks! :iloveyou:
Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/03/2011)
#139  March 06, 2011, 04:20:37 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
You're welcome  ;D

New release time!  I had a lot of requests for a way to easily edit the 'maxmatches' values, so I've added a grid as shown:

Pretty self-explanatory I guess.  Other than that, it should now also remember the size/position of the main window from the last time the program was used - another requested feature.  Also fixed a couple of display glitches.

Thanks for all the feedback; as always, let me know if you find any bugs or have any problems/questions.  Cheers  :toffgoi:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/03/2011)
#140  March 06, 2011, 05:12:08 pm
    • sites.google.com/site/mugensbestspritersintheworld/
Great release tunglashor  ;D