YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) (Read 296606 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, February 24, 2023, 12:22:56 am
Share this topic:
Mortal Kombat 1 (2023)
#1  February 24, 2023, 12:22:56 am
    • Brazil
https://www.ign.com/articles/mortal-kombat-12-confirmed-for-2023-release

EDIT: Official Trailer

Official Site

Spoiler: Old teasers (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 11:15:06 pm by Macaulyn97
Re: Mortal Kombat 12
#2  February 24, 2023, 01:21:24 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Finally, it's Hydro's time!!

pretty please
#3  February 24, 2023, 03:39:12 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Okay, I don't think anyone had "We are just going to casually name drop it in a WBD quarterly roll call event thing" on their bingo cards.

I'll just wait for actual game play and actual characters and actual... action.
#4  February 24, 2023, 04:07:44 pm
    • Brazil
Yeah, I get that everyone knew a MK12 game was coming, but just name dropping it unceremoniously like that was so... meh. As a wise drag queen once said: we all make choices, but that was a choice.
#5  February 24, 2023, 05:54:52 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
For Mortal Kombat to continue impress me they better make Motaro with all legs fully playable lol.
Having a huge MK dryfest in hype, but it can always change. Kabal sold me the previous one.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#6  February 24, 2023, 06:16:07 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
For Mortal Kombat to continue impress me they better make Motaro with all legs fully playable lol.
Having a huge MK dryfest in hype, but it can always change. Kabal sold me the previous one.

it could be a boss fight, I hope this mk12 doesnt  play like Street figher 2 I didnt like mk11 because of that
Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:19:31 pm by yaret
#7  February 24, 2023, 09:20:15 pm
    • Brazil
I really just hope they restart the story, because the plot has more holes than swiss cheese.
Spoiler: There is a supposed leak that says... (click to see content)
#8  February 25, 2023, 12:28:38 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
I hope this mk12 doesnt  play like Street figher 2 I didnt like mk11 because of that

Wh- How di- What???

Could you explain to me in sufficient detail how Mortal Kombat 11 played like Street Fighter 2?
#9  February 25, 2023, 01:34:22 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
I hope this mk12 doesnt  play like Street figher 2 I didnt like mk11 because of that

Wh- How di- What???

Could you explain to me in sufficient detail how Mortal Kombat 11 played like Street Fighter 2?

the gameplay is slow compared to the previously mortal kombats, you can't run anymore, the chaotic combat disappeared because you have to play really slow to do your next move. the gameplay feels like SF2/SF5 it wasnt fun anymore like mk10 because the caotic gamaplay  desappered.
#10  February 25, 2023, 09:57:09 am
I am more interested in mk12 of all the newest announced fighting games aside from garou 2, mostly the story that interest me about the mk series after mk9  :8): the last time in mk11, god thunder fire liu kang took control of the time hour glass and returning back to the beginning to have the great kung lao as his chosen warrior, so we might see the great kung lao as a playable character? but if all characters from mk9 to mk11 are back like Armageddon, then maybe it is like something different, I am looking forward to seeing this  :8):

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#11  February 25, 2023, 02:44:59 pm
    • Brazil
As someone who loves stories in games, even fighting game ones, let me suggest this: don't bother with the story on this one. NRS has destroyed the story of Mortal Kombat completely, it's full of inconsistencies within each game and from game to game, characters are being reduced to stupid stereotypes and caricatures and the overall thing is a total mess. I used to call this story a fanfic, but the truth is, I bet I could go in some fanfic site and find a story about Scorpion and Sub-Zero fucking each other that is more faithful to the lore of the game than this entire trilogy.
Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:52:08 pm by Macaulyn97
#12  February 25, 2023, 03:04:38 pm
actually i am not too sure, for me, i find mk9's story onward pretty interesting like resetting time to prevent armageddon thing is like got hooked on me which I think raiden did, otherwise some couples would not have their next generation kids, somewhat interesting, but that's my opinion lol, but I must admit that in 11, things started to look kinda awkward, but I am not entire sure where of all fighting games and even some games, i find mk series fascinating so far until 11, it is kind of awkward. I still hope it should be continue from where liu kang became a god thunder fire to mentor the great kung lao into becoming his next chosen warrior from the last time we saw

#13  February 25, 2023, 04:43:13 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The biggest issue for Mortal Kombat's story is the extensive killings.
Yes, the killings. In other franchises like Tekken, King of Fighters and Street Fighter most characters do not die. Which makes there be more room for including past characters. And, while it does seem like the devs of Mortal Kombat wants to do that as well, they have to go through a ton of bullshit necromancy ++ to get x character in to y game and the more they keep "killing" due to the wow/shock/overbloodydone factors the story will suffer from it regardless.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#14  February 25, 2023, 04:58:32 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Honestly, I do like the story in MK11. Maybe because I always love time travel in movies and games. Safe for a few things like the retcon on Sindel (that was terrible), I liked most of the characters in MK11. Kitana was easily one of my favorites, Shang Tsung in aftermath was really good, the past versions interacting with their future selves was cool.

Also remember that "death" works funny in the MK universe. If you die, you just go to the netherrealm and can basically be revived anytime by someone like Quan-Chi. Since everything has been reset, we can expect anyone.
Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 06:44:07 pm by DeathScythe
#15  February 25, 2023, 05:23:27 pm
Honestly, I do like the story in MK11. Maybe because I always love time travel in movies and games. Safe for a few things like the retcon on Sindel (that was terrible), I liked most of the characters in MK11. Kitana was easily one of my favorites, Shang Tsung in aftermath was really good, the past versions interacting with their future self was cool.
I was actually going to say something similar too :lugoi: but I can't think of any words to write out  :P however the part 2 wasn't really call for where I felt like part 1 has already concluded mostly if it was not because of shang tsung's crown. Still, I was wondering if god thunder fire liu kang from part 1 emerges from part 2's timeline where that was when shang tsung started to cause chaos to that timeline, i wonder what is the reactions of the combatants on that timeline such as past liu kang, revenant liu kang seeing themselves having another form of their god thunder fire counterpart, it could be interesting if this happens :P

#16  February 25, 2023, 09:00:52 pm
    • USA
Really not interested in MK anymore, especially after learning what goes on at NRS, but the idea of them bringing back PS2-era characters sounds nice. On that note, it could be cool to see spinoff, conquest mode, challenge tower and other media characters (how cool would it be to play as Ruutuu?) at least be referenced more, like how 11 had a nod to Hydro. I also think 11 didn't have enough new faces, but deep cut curveball picks could make up for it (which in 11 they didn't even do that) even if they keep having few newcomers. For me to even consider buying the game, the roster's gotta have:

* Onaga
* Classic Sindel (the REAL Sindel, even if just a premier skin)
* Sareena
* Havik
* Li Mei
* Ashrah
* Kai
* Fujin
* Junko Enoshima
* Pennywise
* At least 5 new characters
#17  February 25, 2023, 09:47:41 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
* Onaga
* Sareena
* Havik
* Li Mei
* Ashrah
* Kai
* Fujin
* Junko Enoshima
* Pennywise
Most of the PS2 characters are fairly unmemorable by most fans standards, & Junko just feels unrealistic unless WB’s willing to pay to have her in the game.

Pennywise maybe, but honestly I wouldn’t expect much deviation from the rosters of previous games unless maybe if they do another hard reboot of the timeline or something.
#18  February 25, 2023, 10:02:36 pm
    • Argentina
* Onaga
* Sareena
* Havik
* Li Mei
* Ashrah
* Kai
* Fujin
* Junko Enoshima
* Pennywise
Most of the PS2 characters are fairly unmemorable by most fans standards, & Junko just feels unrealistic unless WB’s willing to pay to have her in the game.

Pennywise maybe, but honestly I wouldn’t expect much deviation from the rosters of previous games unless maybe if they do another hard reboot of the timeline or something.

I feel like the PS2 Characters have more interesting concepts that didn't translate well enough, specially in deception, like, Hotaru is a warrior from a realm under a strict regimen who is in constant war agains a group of revolutionaries headed by Darrius, like, that's interesting and you can add that in a future game, its just a matter of
squeezing the characters potential.

except Jarek, he's a lost cause.
#19  February 25, 2023, 11:42:07 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Yeah, I was finally waiting for this annouce, so I'll be waiting for official new and images. But wanting a MK12 for 2023 maybe means that the engine and designs used for MK11 will be back with a redesign for those who appeared in MK9 and MKX, as well no guest fighters this time. So, let's wait for something we can see this year...

I really just hope they restart the story, because the plot has more holes than swiss cheese.
Spoiler: There is a supposed leak that says... (click to see content)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#20  February 26, 2023, 02:59:19 am
    • Mexico
Honestly, that leak sounds like absolute ass. I don't want canon to be ruined AGAIN just to justify the existence of another game. The first time that THAT happened to the timeline already felt sadistic enough.